Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Planet Piss posted:

Oh cute! Your hot dog had puppies :3

That'll be hard to explain to the papa hot dog, those are fish sausage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fish sausage is hard enough to explain as it is.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

cash crab posted:

:allears: Is that a mac and cheese loaf?

e:

you gotta put more effort in you budae jjigae

although this might be one where the pictures look better than the food.
army base stew is "whatever we can find in postwar korea + whatever the americans have shipped over and sell in the army px"
so like top ramen packets, hot dogs, vienna sausages, spam, baked beans, tteokbokki, head cheese are all potential ingredients. and a ton of gochujang and kimchi

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

AnonSpore posted:

I been to Chicago and lemme tell you they didn't have mac and cheese pizzas there

Well they don't have pizza there at all so I just assumed.

vvv Sorry I forgot! vvv

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Sep 3, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mulva posted:

Well they don't have pizza there at all so I just assumed.

No rules you pizza hitler

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tree Goat posted:

you gotta put more effort in you budae jjigae

although this might be one where the pictures look better than the food.
army base stew is "whatever we can find in postwar korea + whatever the americans have shipped over and sell in the army px"
so like top ramen packets, hot dogs, vienna sausages, spam, baked beans, tteokbokki, head cheese are all potential ingredients. and a ton of gochujang and kimchi

Actually it's really good, exactly because it's "throw whatever you want into an already good base." With a bowl of rice I could just hoover that poo poo up all day.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Hirayuki posted:

Fish sausage is hard enough to explain as it is.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
Risotto!

Made from Rice Krispies. It's supposedly delicious, but any recipe that includes the phrase "once your risotto looks like vomit" deserves to be here.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guys Sponch is actually good.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I can't believe someone would want to garnish diarrhea!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I have to ask, any idea what software this is?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Samizdata posted:

I have to ask, any idea what software this is?

Reverse image search says The Evil Within.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Reverse image search says The Evil Within.

Thanks for reminding me I need to reinstall that extension.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Samizdata posted:

Thanks for reminding me I need to reinstall that extension.

you mean Chrome?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Planet Piss posted:

This looks like an abstract painting omelette and french toasts sticks smeared with peanut butter

Looks like my childhood dinners. :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Is... Is that gravy? :ohdear:

KFC Birthday Cake.

Would. Totes. Looks like something I'd make if I were 16 again. I used to eat cottage cheese sandwiches.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Bina posted:

Would. Totes. Looks like something I'd make if I were 16 again. I used to eat cottage cheese sandwiches.

I scrolled back up to the user id and was legit surprised when it wasn't cash crab

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

looks bad, todd

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

loving Michigan.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

AnonSpore posted:

I scrolled back up to the user id and was legit surprised when it wasn't cash crab

Cottage Cheese Sandwiches

Ramen made with spaghetti noodles and a leftover ramen pack.

Soft tortillas browned in a skillet with cinnamon sugar and butter. Roll em up, and let them cool.

Nachos made in a pyrex baking dish using ground beef, tortilla chips, nacho cheese (usually Tostitos brand) with olives, shredded cheese, and salsa. Top it off with sour cream.

Minute rice with butter and cinnamon sugar.

Minute rice with ground beef, and BBQ sauce. Add some garlic salt if desired.

Peanut Butter and mayonnaise sandwiches (My dad liked these, but I ate them if I was starving)

Mom's favorite dish to make :smith: Macaroni and cheese with extra butter, garlic salt, a bit more milk, and only half a packet of the cheese sauce for two+ boxes. Add dried onion, and let sit until dried onion has re hydrated. Add bits of chicken tenders, or canned tuna, and crumble some saltines in for crunch. Not to mention ANY protein she cooked was overdone.

Sandwiches made with ground up beef (usually from a roast that is overdone.) that my mom would make in the blender. Toss in some leftover pickle chip bits from the remaining sweet pickles in jar, add mayonnaise, and put on whatever bread you have left. Did this with tuna, too.

Dad's favorite thing to cook: Burned Fritata's and Spaghetti. The sauce was made from scratch, and he added half a cup of sugar to give the sauce a 'kick'. :barf: No wonder my dad is diabetic.

Any other food in the house was either frozen or canned. Heaven forbid it was fresh. To this day I cannot eat Hot Pockets, nor eat Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

Did I mention I grew up poor, and only ate well at neighbor's? This is why I made friends with everyone I went to school with, until they figured out I ate poorly at home.

Bina has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Sep 4, 2015

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Jeez, man. That's rough :( I had to eat some gross stuff growing up poor(powdered milk should never be a beverage) but I thank my lucky stars my mom knew how to cook

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Scathach posted:

loving Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHBtz4EkXCU

I know there's a precooked version that is sold on Walmart during Christmas time, people like it over turkey where I live. Southern Mexico, never change. :v:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

loving Michigan.

This is my Shame Meat; I used to get french loafs with this, sub sauce, spinach and potato chips.

This all sounds gross, but not out of the realm of possibility for me and most kids in my neighborhood growing up. If you live in the wrong area, you eat like that as an adult, as well. God Bless Toronto fruit stands.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Scathach posted:

loving Michigan.

I live in Michigan and everything Koegel's makes is pure gold. Best pickled bologna rings, best x loaf, and amazing natural-casing beef hot dogs.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

NotAnArtist posted:

I loving need this so bad i can't even
Flying J truck stops sell pizza by the slice, and have sausage gravy pizza as one of their breakfast offerings. It's a great coronary on a slice.

It's not that easy to find AFP at truck stops these days, most just slap a Subway in there and call it a day.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Planet Piss posted:

Jeez, man. That's rough :( I had to eat some gross stuff growing up poor(powdered milk should never be a beverage) but I thank my lucky stars my mom knew how to cook

I also once made Kool Aid (A household favorite, we always had tons of sugar, and flavor packets) with powdered sugar. NEVER DO THIS. :barf:

cash crab posted:

This all sounds gross, but not out of the realm of possibility for me and most kids in my neighborhood growing up. If you live in the wrong area, you eat like that as an adult, as well. God Bless Toronto fruit stands.

Oh, I learned how to cook. The only crap food I will ever cook is the occasional Jennie-O Frozen Turkey Loaf (Also a family favorite. We never ate real potatoes unless it was the holidays. Always instant mashed potatoes.) Those RAW Cordon Bleu's you can get in any grocer's freezer, and Ramen (with egg, and all the good stuff added). I also cannot stomach Nutella in large quantities cause once my dad got a Costco card, I can't eat Nutella, cause we had a few weeks where we were out of everything, and I ate mini bagels with Nutella. I also cannot eat Golden Ghrams Cereal, Ling Ling Pot stickers, or Bear Creek Potato soup because of same reasons. We also had another week after Easter one year our neighbors left us with ('gifted') ten or so three packs of chocolate filled Cadbury Eggs. I ate all of them in under a week, and got really really sick.

Bina has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Sep 4, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

This is my Shame Meat; I used to get french loafs with this, sub sauce, spinach and potato chips.

Mine:

Totally agree that powdered milk is not meant for drinking. Ugh. Bad childhood memory right there.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Scathach posted:

Mine:

Totally agree that powdered milk is not meant for drinking. Ugh. Bad childhood memory right there.

I used to like the taste of powdered milk as a kid. Our power was shut off many times cause my dad failed to pay the electricity bill, or power outages due to an old neighborhood. I liked the clumps of dried milk when I drank it down. They were chewy, and concentrated. I also ate cat food a lot when I was very young. Science Diet. Oh, I also used to get into the cupboard a lot and eat concentrated bouillon. I liked how salty it was, especially the beef. I also would eat Nesquick out of the can dry.

Maybe I'm the real raccoon?

Bina has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Baldbeard posted:

Is that mashed potato 'frosting'?
.......Cornbread inside?
:aaaaa:

I thought it was maple syrup

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Gridlocked posted:

I thought it was maple syrup

Breakfast Cake sounds really good. Use waffles as the insides, and strawberry compote. Coat the outside with cool whip, and freeze it like an icebox cake. Add more Strawberry compote on the top, and serve.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Bina posted:

Bear Creek Potato soup

This stuff right here. Pretty much any of the Bear Creek Soups. I have had their soups on several occasions, every single time I always ended up with the worst farts imaginable that lasted for a full 24 hours. Farts so bad my sinuses became completely ravaged from smelling them.

Bear Creek is basically fart soup.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Bina posted:

Breakfast Cake sounds really good. Use waffles as the insides, and strawberry compote. Coat the outside with cool whip, and freeze it like an icebox cake. Add more Strawberry compote on the top, and serve.

Sounded great until you added Cool Whip. Anything but real whipped cream is a sin.

Speaking of cake, even though I know what this really is I wouldn't be able to eat it. Stupid brain.

Eta that Cugino's dry soup mix is also bullshit. So gross.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Sep 4, 2015

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Bina posted:

I used to like the taste of powdered milk as a kid. Our power was shut off many times cause my dad failed to pay the electricity bill, or power outages due to an old neighborhood. I liked the clumps of dried milk when I drank it down. They were chewy, and concentrated. I also ate cat food a lot when I was very young. Science Diet. Oh, I also used to get into the cupboard a lot and eat concentrated bouillon. I liked how salty it was, especially the beef. I also would eat Nesquick out of the can dry.

Maybe I'm the real raccoon?

Augh the dried lumps were the part I hated the most. I used to cry when I had to drink it. The random canned vegetables we'd get from the food bank were horrible too. No one ever donates anything they'd want to eat themselves lol

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

That's upsetting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach posted:

Speaking of cake, even though I know what this really is I wouldn't be able to eat it. Stupid brain.

I can't tell which one is the litterbox.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

^^^Both are cakes.

I also found this monster. Piss and poo poo are unappetizing even when made out of sugar.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Sep 4, 2015

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

you mean Chrome?

Firefox is my primary browser.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bina posted:

I also would eat Nesquick out of the can dry.

I have been kmown to eat chocolate malt Ovaltine dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

"Some creativity went into this meal."

I can't imagine.

• Locked thread