Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Yeah, obviously I am no longer opting into the beta since it ended. But the problem started when I first tried.

Fina posted:

You may want to look into My Documents\My Games\Killing Floor 2\.

Maybe one of the configuration files there got corrupted somehow. Unless you use the SDK I think you can just wipe the folder completely and all you'll lose is your configuration and key binds.

This didn't work but thanks for the suggestion. Also Tribes 2 was my jam, so I love your avatar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

Blisster posted:

I hate to be that guy asking for tech support in the thread but my google-fu is failing me.

Ever since opting into the beta Killing Floor crashes on launch- I just get the bug report dialogue box.

I restarted my computer
opted back out of the beta
updated my drivers
verified game cache
set killing floor to run as admin
tried opting back in/out of the beta several times
deleted all local content and reinstalled

Same thing happens every time I launch the game. It always ran perfectly fine before the beta launched. Any ideas? I'm desperate to get in and kill me some zeds.

Do you have playclaw running? When I installed beta my game would do the same thing if I had playclaw open or if I opened playclaw mid game it would freeze my kf2.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Since the Microwave Gun is so high-tech, the sight should have a rangefinder function - I'd be thrilled if it simply put a little dot on the ground at max range when zoomed in. Maybe a second dot for the blast range.

Assuming the visual effect matches up with the actual weapon range (and they don't always do so) it's surprisingly short-ranged without the firebug range extension perk bonus, I noticed. That perk is worth its weight in ... uh, perks....?

e: important DJ Skully question. How can I make him yell out "EYYYYYY BIG BELGIAN" on demand?

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 3, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Reasons why demo is bad:

- no multi shot weapon

- not enough grenades/ammo overall

- weapons take too long to actually take out/reload in general

- the weapon sway when taking out the m79 means you consistently need to wait before being able to fire an accurate shot

- the Siren visual effect ends too early. It goes away but she'll still destroy your stuff for a few seconds thereafter

- C4 is complicated to use and often does more damage to you than to Zeds, and is utterly worthless nearby any Sirens.

- way, way, way more duds than in KF1. Its hard enough to actually get a shot off as this class. When it doesn't even actually explode on top of everything it's incredibly frustrating.

- m79 doesn't do enough damage against Fleshpounds (especially with the removal of grenade combos ) to be viable with the RPG

- RPG is fun but too heavy and again there's no way to kill poo poo right in front of you with it

Anyone can think of anything else? This class just seems slow and underpowered right now :/

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
All of the Demo's weapons besides C4 are worthless against Hans.

Edit: I feel like in a 7 wave match you go Berserker wave 1 and 2 then switch to Demo to kill FPs 3 through 6 and at 7 you switch to any class but Demo.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 3, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Reasons why demo is bad:

- no multi shot weapon

- the weapon sway when taking out the m79 means you consistently need to wait before being able to fire an accurate shot

- the Siren visual effect ends too early. It goes away but she'll still destroy your stuff for a few seconds thereafter

- C4 is complicated to use and often does more damage to you than to Zeds, and is utterly worthless nearby any Sirens.

- way, way, way more duds than in KF1. Its hard enough to actually get a shot off as this class. When it doesn't even actually explode on top of everything it's incredibly frustrating.

- m79 doesn't do enough damage against Fleshpounds (especially with the removal of grenade combos ) to be viable with the RPG

- RPG is fun but too heavy and again there's no way to kill poo poo right in front of you with it
I'm a giant sucker for flashy explosions and silly ragdolls so i'll play it anyway (and likely be fine as i stick to normal or hard), but i agree with all of these points.

KF1's demo has spoiled us. :(

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think an M32 could have been a better fit for the Demo than the RPG, personally.

Anyways, it seems like this weekend KF2 will have a Free Weekend?

https://forums.f7lans.com/t/killing-floor-2-free-weekend-celebration/717

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Reasons why demo is bad:

- no multi shot weapon

Anyone can think of anything else? This class just seems slow and underpowered right now :/

Demo is a half class. You pretty much have to carry something else, shotgun/trenchgun/smg/AR/ANYTHING to go with your boom. The class does get massively better once you hit level five and your dynamite goes off on enemy contact and you get a WHOPPING +1 ammo to all demo weapons.

All of your points are entirely spot on though.

Tanreall posted:

All of the Demo's weapons besides C4 are worthless against Hans.

Edit: I feel like in a 7 wave match you go Berserker wave 1 and 2 then switch to Demo to kill FPs 3 through 6 and at 7 you switch to any class but Demo.

Nope, C4 is also worthless against Hans. Had a game where everyone piled money into the Demo who kept buying more and more C4 from the trader to toss down at a chokepoint. Must have bought about 20 bricks and tossed it in a single doorway. Didn't even manage to work through Hans's first phase. Was still hilarious to watch the explosions eat my framerate at least.

Oh, yeah, a player can totally place as many bricks as he can buy, you're just limited to how much you can also carry if you don't have a trader pod to buy more from. Game lets you toss down 10-20 C4 no problem if you have the dosh and time to keep buying more.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alkydere posted:

Nope, C4 is also worthless against Hans. Had a game where everyone piled money into the Demo who kept buying more and more C4 from the trader to toss down at a chokepoint. Must have bought about 20 bricks and tossed it in a single doorway. Didn't even manage to work through Hans's first phase. Was still hilarious to watch the explosions eat my framerate at least.

Oh, yeah, a player can totally place as many bricks as he can buy, you're just limited to how much you can also carry if you don't have a trader pod to buy more from. Game lets you toss down 10-20 C4 no problem if you have the dosh and time to keep buying more.

Each subsequent C4 explosion an enemy takes within a 3s window has its power reduced by 50%. Thus, the third one does 25% damage, the fourth 12.5%, etc. If you want to maximize your C4 damage, stick them all to Hans and then detonate one every 3 seconds.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Literally Zeno's Nuclear Detonation.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Each subsequent C4 explosion an enemy takes within a 3s window has its power reduced by 50%. Thus, the third one does 25% damage, the fourth 12.5%, etc. If you want to maximize your C4 damage, stick them all to Hans and then detonate one every 3 seconds.

also if you read this and think "this is a terrible solution to C4 stacking" then you aren't alone, especially since there's absolutely no rhyme or reason, no warning in-game, and no logical reason for it to happen other than a giant artificial middle finger saying "hey. We don't like that strategy, so get hosed." It also goes against Yoshiro's own stated belief in explosions (ref: his forums sig) so it's the worst forever. :colbert:

I mean if I want to blow 800 dosh on stacking 8 C4 on a fleshpound and then blowing it up all at once causing a gigantic fireball and sending that pound to orbit, why the hell not, right? the penalty is 800 dosh, it shouldn't be 800 dosh plus 7 of my explosions being lovely.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

I wonder if the three month delay for this patch was expected, and they are still planning to release the game by the end of 2015. I mean, the Demo and Firebug update added some stuff that wasn't in the game previously - like the zed weakpoint system, a full perk rework, the microwave effect and I suppose a whole lot of optimization to deal with 6 idiots spraying fire and explosions everywhere - that sounds pretty time intensive.

I went to their PAX Prime panel over the weekend and can confirm that they were not expecting to take this long. They said at the panel that they were expecting to drop the initial 4 perk classes, game some feedback on the pros and cons, patch accordingly and then release the next update. What they didn't expect was the shear amount of feedback and input from the community regarding the game mechanics and perk classes. Their original plan was to release 3 classes in this recent update but they had to push one back to completely rework the Berserker and melee in general. They're quite happy with the amount of responses but they also realized quickly that they have a lot of work on their hands.

Do I have to opt out of the Beta to play regularly or can I leave it on?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well, that explains everything in a magnificently stupid way.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah Tripwire's view for this game seems a bit more ambitious than they can deliver on in the expected timeframe, but the stuff they've added so far is pretty darn good so I'm not too bothered by waiting.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Revolver Bunker posted:

Do I have to opt out of the Beta to play regularly or can I leave it on?

It'll just auto opt you out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Geight posted:

Yeah Tripwire's view for this game seems a bit more ambitious than they can deliver on in the expected timeframe, but the stuff they've added so far is pretty darn good so I'm not too bothered by waiting.
Balancing is a problem that is never fully solved, just in different states of broken, so while complaining about bad stuff is actively helpful, thinking the current state is indicative of the health of the project is fallacious at best.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Balancing is a problem that is never fully solved, just in different states of broken, so while complaining about bad stuff is actively helpful, thinking the current state is indicative of the health of the project is fallacious at best.

Did you mean to quote someone else? I wasn't talking about balance at all. Their ambition is to create an incredibly detailed shooter with superbly-animated weapons and some cutting-edge graphical tech, it's a very ambitious game for how large of a studio they are.

I didn't even say anything bad about "the health of the project", I just said it's probably going to take them longer than initially stated to finish the game. Nobody who is being honest with themselves would disagree with this sentiment.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Geight posted:

Did you mean to quote someone else? I wasn't talking about balance at all. Their ambition is to create an incredibly detailed shooter with superbly-animated weapons and some cutting-edge graphical tech, it's a very ambitious game for how large of a studio they are.

I didn't even say anything bad about "the health of the project", I just said it's probably going to take them longer than initially stated to finish the game. Nobody who is being honest with themselves would disagree with this sentiment.

...you were responding to someone saying that the reason the game may take longer than originally anticipated is because it's proving to be more work to balance than they thought.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yes, and when the devs themselves are saying "this is taking us longer than we thought" it's hardly "fallacious at best" to say "gee, this game might take longer to be finished than we thought!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It was more I misinterpreted his statement as a doubt about how good/complete/buggy the game was going to be at release (aka, the health of the project) instead of what he actually meant (having all the bells and whistles they've said they want to put in the game)

context is a bitch, yo.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I mean if I want to blow 800 dosh on stacking 8 C4

Protip that I only just learned about : Just buy a new C4 for 650. You'll still get all 8 charges. If you sell your used up one, you spend very little on C4. Yes, it's stupid.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah it's all good I'm not doubting that this game owns (this game does in fact, totally own), I'm just thinking that it's probably not going to be "done" by the end of this year. But that's not a big deal!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

My only real complaint about this latest content release is not including the Marksman/Sharpshooter perk.

...but microwave gun & claymore more than make up for it. Best combo as 'zerk.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Giving demo something like a gyrojet weapon or something would probably make up for it a bit, or a shotgun that shoots those fin stabilized grenades.

These.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Oh yeah the grenade pistol still stinks. One shot = one dead clot, cyst or crawler if you're exactly on top of them. Anything bigger or further is gonna shrug it off and Bloats are still pretty much invincible.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Oh yeah the grenade pistol still stinks. One shot = one dead clot, cyst or crawler if you're exactly on top of them. Anything bigger or further is gonna shrug it off and Bloats are still pretty much invincible.

They should just have the tier 1 weapon be a bag full of M80s or M100s and a lighter. They pack a punch but you still need to be somewhat accurate with them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Well hey, if you managed to throw literally infinite C4 though just think about that! That's like 2 C4 worth of damage!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I know it's fashionable right now to overstate how difficult it is to play Demo, but let's be at least somewhat realistic. Multikills are not out of reach, unless you don't bother placing your shots intelligently. The real problem with the Grenade Pistol is the utter lack of damage penetration. Most Zeds end up wandering after you in a such that you only see the guy in front. He eats all the damage. Demo is unique in that it has the burden of coercing Zeds into assuming a favorable position in order to get mileage out of its tier 1 weapon, which stands in really stark contrast to something like the Caulk and Burn. You can definitely skill multikills and decent ranges if you take the time to set up good shots, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
okay since KF2 is on Free to Play for this Weekend, I'm going to see if it'll run at all on my laptop, beyond fiddling in the Menu, are there any things I should muck around with in the INI files to get it to run as smoothly on my toaster of a laptop as possible?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Demo is a good class once you put some levels in and just needs more ammo. RPG is a very good weapon.

Also get rid of that stupid C4 nerf, TIA.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
It's not that the Demo is difficult to play. It's just by far the weakest class right now and it's only purpose is to kill FPs. Not a bad purpose but I wish it had a little more flexibility within the perk especially when fighting Hans.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If the RPG could stumble Hans and interrupt his melee attack rampage I feel like a demo could be a very useful asset for fighting him.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

yeah don't get me wrong, I like demo and I like the idea of demo, but it's the weakest class against trash and it's not as good of a boss killer as it should be to compensate. IMO it needs to be better against trash regardless, really, but it's not as pound-murderingly awesome as it should be to balance out Firebug's ultimate trash killing + scrake microwaving power. Give the demo some better ability against trash which does not always bunch up (or when it does, it tends to bunch in linear fashion) and it'll be a lot more reasonable.

right now it's not even - arguably - balance. It's boring! Boring to stand on a piece of geometry for a good angle and just wait for a boss or big enough cluster of enemies that your firebug, zerker, or commando aren't just slaughtering in bulk lots. For a class which is all about awesome explosions I just don't even get it.

anyway, gif patrol.

physics vs chair
firebug owns
firebug zed time owns
owns a lot
seriously
it really does

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The grenade pistol makes me say I'm sorry to the CnB every time I wish it was more effective. The grenade pistol CAN get me trash multikills... But that's if I shoot the floor by their feet just right. Shooting a crawler or clot right in the face is... iffy?

Sometimes I can shoot a zed in the dead center of a group clipping through eachother and only they die. Sometime I can shoot the lead zed in and I'll get two or three more dead who were farther than I'd expect to be able to hit. :shrug: if Anything I feel like I get punished more FOR considering my shots (shoot trash legs, shoot the floor by trash, say gently caress it and shoot the first one in a crowd, etc= SWEET MULTIKILL) because of how often trying to get multikills on purpose gets me one dead zed.

On the other hand, if I hit a gorefast in the foot with the GP, it dies. The end. So at least it does that much right.

While I don't personally agree with "Why can't I oneshot the boss with preplaced explosive :(", I can sympathize with wishing your class had enough all purpose usage to go wave 1 through Boss just using your own perks stuff. Instead of "Well, why aren't you using your knife instead of your C4?" or bringing along a Varmint rifle, Medic SMG, or Hanzo Steel not only as advice, but apparently by design.

Plus, there is a large difference between "Oh, you used TWO C4s? Get hosed." and "Wile E Coyote death trap for the boss".

PS: Melee bash with the GP is super satisfying. Devs increase the damage of the GP melee bash to "However much I need to onehit crush a clot skull" TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 4, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just the give the demo the AR from KF1.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Just got to play a few hours today thanks to the free weekend. I have promised myself that I don't want to buy it immediately and burn myself out on it before the release content is fully in. So I'm waiting for the Deagle to be put in the game before I buy it. Anyway, does anyone else feel far weaker in KF2 than in KF1?

In KF1, my favorite gun, the double barrel, could one shot a scrake at point blank if you fired off both barrels (and he'd go flying). In KF2 I think it takes 7 or 8 both-barrel shots- I lost count. And the hunting shotgun could clear out an entire hallway with just two shells. And the high tier weapons felt like WMDs in KF1. The M14 would just vaporize anything you pointed it at for example. Compare the SCAR in KF2 to the SCAR in KF1 and you kind of get what I mean. Everything just felt more powerful in KF1, right down to the 9mm. In KF2 it's a peashooter, in KF1 it could always headshot any trash zed. It was a reliable backup and it even sounded better. I think a couple of the weapon sounds in KF2 sound weaker than their KF1 counterparts.

I guess TW is going for a more difficult and grittier, realistic feel for this game than the original. The original was a cartoon and it was awesome. It looks like the Commando is not going to get his magazine+ bonuses that he had in KF1. There was nothing more awesome than an AK47 with 50 rounds, or whatever ridiculous amount of ammo you could get in the Bullpup. KF2 just feels a little restrained in comparison.

It's still an awesome game though and I'm not disappointed in the least. I just hope there's a sufficient amount of power creep as more content gets added so I can obliterate zeds by the truckload in 2 shots again.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bilal posted:

Just got to play a few hours today thanks to the free weekend. I have promised myself that I don't want to buy it immediately and burn myself out on it before the release content is fully in. So I'm waiting for the Deagle to be put in the game before I buy it. Anyway, does anyone else feel far weaker in KF2 than in KF1?

In KF1, my favorite gun, the double barrel, could one shot a scrake at point blank if you fired off both barrels (and he'd go flying). In KF2 I think it takes 7 or 8 both-barrel shots- I lost count. And the hunting shotgun could clear out an entire hallway with just two shells. And the high tier weapons felt like WMDs in KF1. The M14 would just vaporize anything you pointed it at for example. Compare the SCAR in KF2 to the SCAR in KF1 and you kind of get what I mean. Everything just felt more powerful in KF1, right down to the 9mm. In KF2 it's a peashooter, in KF1 it could always headshot any trash zed. It was a reliable backup and it even sounded better. I think a couple of the weapon sounds in KF2 sound weaker than their KF1 counterparts.

I guess TW is going for a more difficult and grittier, realistic feel for this game than the original. The original was a cartoon and it was awesome. It looks like the Commando is not going to get his magazine+ bonuses that he had in KF1. There was nothing more awesome than an AK47 with 50 rounds, or whatever ridiculous amount of ammo you could get in the Bullpup. KF2 just feels a little restrained in comparison.

It's still an awesome game though and I'm not disappointed in the least. I just hope there's a sufficient amount of power creep as more content gets added so I can obliterate zeds by the truckload in 2 shots again.

Good news about the boomstick in general. It can still kill a giant pile of trash zeds in single double barrel blast, but that's after you get some levels and bonus shotgun penetration under your belt. At level Zero, you have no bonus penetration at all.... No such luck on "Can one shot a scrake" though.

You can still have an AK with 45 rounds per mag, but that's a talent tree option. Bullpup used to have 390 max ammo but they recently nerfed ammo for all commando weapons. They are experimenting with their ammo economy at the moment basically (For a short period during the beta, they had Pump action and boomstick ammo).

As for the rest? Yeah "Why can't I kill X instantly?" does seem to be the most common surprise to people coming over from KF1. Once you get some practice in even the boomstick will take a scrakes' head off in a few passes, but it's no "I killed a HoE Fleshpound in two shots because I jumped". It is still plenty cartoonish, we have a microwave gun puffing up enemies like a hotdog before they explode (and it's also pretty effective on Scrakes). But Demo is having some growing pains with the devs working to avoid "Instantly kill anything by leading it to stacked explosives", and overshooting on that to the point that even just two C4 at a time is basically a waste.

Gunslinger should hopefully have the Deagle, so that's some good news for you later. The bad news, when Sharp comes out it will most likely need at least one more crossbow bolt than KF1 to kill scrakes/pounds.

All that said, if it's not to your preferences at the moment there isn't anything wrong with that. Even though I like how KF2 looks like it will shape up more than I liked my binge playing support in KF1, it's still got plenty of flaws and work ahead of it.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 4, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Demo with LAR would be pretty nice.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Section Z posted:

Good news about the boomstick in general. It can still kill a giant pile of trash zeds in single double barrel blast, but that's after you get some levels and bonus shotgun penetration under your belt. At level Zero, you have no bonus penetration at all.... No such luck on "Can one shot a scrake" though.

You can still have an AK with 45 rounds per mag, but that's a talent tree option. Bullpup used to have 390 max ammo but they recently nerfed ammo for all commando weapons. They are experimenting with their ammo economy at the moment basically (For a short period during the beta, they had Pump action and boomstick ammo).

As for the rest? Yeah "Why can't I kill X instantly?" does seem to be the most common surprise to people coming over from KF1. Once you get some practice in even the boomstick will take a scrakes' head off in a few passes, but it's no "I killed a HoE Fleshpound in two shots because I jumped". It is still plenty cartoonish, we have a microwave gun puffing up enemies like a hotdog before they explode (and it's also pretty effective on Scrakes). But Demo is having some growing pains with the devs working to avoid "Instantly kill anything by leading it to stacked explosives", and overshooting on that to the point that even just two C4 at a time is basically a waste.

Gunslinger should hopefully have the Deagle, so that's some good news for you later. The bad news, when Sharp comes out it will most likely need at least one more crossbow bolt than KF1 to kill scrakes/pounds.

All that said, if it's not to your preferences at the moment there isn't anything wrong with that. Even though I like how KF2 looks like it will shape up more than I liked my binge playing support in KF1, it's still got plenty of flaws and work ahead of it.

Yeah I think it's really fun. I installed it today and I've played it for four hours already and I didn't even realize. I usually never play that much of any game on a single day. It just feels and plays different from KF1, which is exactly what I'd expect anyway.

As far as I can tell the main goal they're working toward is making the big enemies harder targets, in the original scrakes and FPs were never really dangerous except athe beginning of its life when everyone was still learning how to play. You could kill both in just a few seconds of focus fire from 4-6 people. I probably died from crawlers more than I ever did scrakes because the big threat in KF1 was being surrounded and overwhelmed to the point where you wouldn't be able to keep track of the trash zeds that were whittling away at you. Crowd control doesn't seem as hard in KF2 but I'm still stuck in Normal so I assume the spawns get cranked way up in Suicidal.

Other than that I think this game is almost as good as the original already and has an extremely high chance of being better as the balance gets tweaked and more content gets added. I'd like to see the Farm map modded back in as IMO it was the most atmospheric and coolest map, and then I just gotta have Sharpshooter for my Handcannon fun and the LAR which was insanely fun and I'll be buying for myself and probably gifting copies to friends.

I think if TW wants to capture some of the magic of KF1, they should do away with being too concerned with the players becoming too powerful. Obviously keep the game a little bit balanced, but do let the power creep seep in as new, even more powerful weapons get added and don't be obsessive about nerfing every fun toy that the players gravitate to.

Bilal fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

You say Firebug, but you're clearly playing Demo???