Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread is a flat circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I want a movie that asks you if you want to skip to the credits every time there's a scene change.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Player agency is an illusion anyway.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

frajaq posted:

Bethesda gets so much disproportionate hatred compared to other much shittier video companies that it's hilarious

Morrowind was so good, like you don't know man. You weren't there

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Magmarashi posted:

Player agency is an illusion anyway.

No it is not! It is life! /Obsidian fanboy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

lol consoles limited responses due to buttons

I'm legit curious how you assume it is due to buttons.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I'm legit curious how you assume it is due to buttons.

They posted a PC Master Race meme image, I'm sure they consider everything wrong with any PC game being due to dirty console casual scrubs, regardless of reality

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm still reeling from the fact that I'm being accused of hating Bethesda because I'd like to see a few changes. It's as if there is no room for contention, discussion, analysis or comparison. What the gently caress satisfies if all you can tolerate is one point of view, one truth and all else is pointless drivel? I am tired of repeating myself, defending viewpoints I don't wholly agree with just to engage in a discourse of relevance to the game.

This is utmost foolishness taken to its extreme and I am starting to miss the old days, where the hate was piled on high, to the point where it got super ridiculous.

For fucks sake, I defended Bethesda during the months leading up to the release of Skyrim.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Halman posted:

Morrowind was so good, like you don't know man. You weren't there

Yeah, Todd Howard *is* really good at making video games.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Azhais posted:

If you hold a DVD up to the sunlight, you'll see that the surface is flat and reflects the world around us. Its circular nature is the circular nature of all things--that all things have already happened and will continue to happen again and again--that T. Howard and Pete Hines, they're going to stand up in front of an audience over and over again and lie to generations of people. Forever.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

This thread is the size of an ocean with the depth of a puddle :v:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I can't fuckin wait for paid mods gently caress yes.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

After so many "Person likes thing, everyone jumps down their throat" threads, having the opposite is refreshing. The balance must be preserved

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
People play bethesda games peaceably only because rough men stand ready to do bad posts on their behalf.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can't wait to when everyone finds out the PC is just a robot and the character it's modeled after died in the vault with his family.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I can't quite believe Bethesda would do something that dramatic, but if they do... well, "told ya so" moments should be hilarious. And someone would do Deckard if they already didn't.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 3, 2015

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It gets better - turns out that you actually play a T-1000 and the real you died years before the war. The EMP from the atomic bombs just knocked you offline for a few centuries and scrambled your memory.

Once you get to the late game and figure this out you turn into an ruthless, unstoppable killing machine.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Turns out the war never happened, and this is just the latest in the Cooking Mama franchise.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Spoiler for what happens to the baby in Fallout 4:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Azhais posted:

if the common good's gotta make up fairy tales then it's not good for anybody

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Turns out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQPQqNE9r0&t=102s

On a more topical note: Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined, but no Three Dog. I have no idea why they are lamenting the loss of Three Dog. I guess because you can't shoot him anymore?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

e: ^^ who cares when its the same lovely writer who wrote Fallout and Skyrim.

Talkc posted:

Spoiler for what happens to the baby in Fallout 4:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Turns out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQPQqNE9r0&t=102s

On a more topical note: Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined, but no Three Dog. I have no idea why they are lamenting the loss of Three Dog. I guess because you can't shoot him anymore?

Jesus those comments. There's seriously people who cared about Three Dog, at all, let alone that much?

Innocent Bystander • 31 minutes ago posted:

If that's true, one big reason for picking up Fallout 4 goes out the window.

Three Dog is pretty much the reason I prefer fallout 3 to NV"

:psyduck: I can only rationalize this with "parachute accounts of the voice actor".
If I was going to pick reasons to make a case for FO3 over NV, I think I might try going for the atmosphere and interesting locations. Exploring yielded a lot more cool things to find which is important to me, because I like rp-ing as an explorer and scavenger.
Three Dog tho? Three Dog was kinda fun/charming background fluff that somehow graduated worthlessly into the main story.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 4, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I liked Three Dog until the tenpenny tower incident :argh:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i too wonder if we get any history in our boston game

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I couldn't care less about Three Dog but I dig his VA so that is my point of sadness for this news.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What if it was like the Boston Tea Party, only instead it was Nuka Cola? I think that would really expand the lore and be clever. Think about it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Magmarashi posted:

I couldn't care less about Three Dog but I dig his VA so that is my point of sadness for this news.

I thought the actor was in the game, just not Three Dog.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

If they wanted to make Three Dog a worthwhile character, enough to warrant him being protected by the Brotherhood, they should have had him doing something a little more worthwhile than playing music and giving people "helpful tips" over the air. Like maybe during songs he switches frequency and co-ordinates patrols that head off the Enclave or slavers. Then you could have quests where you volunteer to go out with a patrol that's a man down and head to your objectives by listening to Three Dog giving you landmarks and information on enemy movements through your pip boys radio.

As it was, "fighting the good fight" was kinda lame and ambiguous. He's "countering" the propaganda of the enclave, which no one but him cares about. Literally everyone you ask about it says they assume it's some pre-war recordings on loop, and it's just something quaint they ignore. If you're going to place a character into the main story, make sure they're interesting or important. If you're going to use a talented voice, make sure it has worthwhile poo poo to say. *cough Liam Neeson cough cough*

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress three dog and gently caress all you people still talking about his decaying corpse.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And Three-Dog became not canon when he finally tried to fight the good fight and was shot in the head as soon as he stepped out of his building.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I shotgun hosed that annoying idiot ASAP

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
bring back mr. new vegas

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

I don't mind voiced protags but I'd like it better if H John Benjamin and Aisha Tyler were options.

While Archer sucks and is for idiots, both of those people rule and providing options is the only way to save the inherent blandness of a general voiced protagonist (love u Saints Row)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordaedil posted:

I'm still reeling from the fact that I'm being accused of hating Bethesda because I'd like to see a few changes. It's as if there is no room for contention, discussion, analysis or comparison. What the gently caress satisfies if all you can tolerate is one point of view, one truth and all else is pointless drivel? I am tired of repeating myself, defending viewpoints I don't wholly agree with just to engage in a discourse of relevance to the game.

This is utmost foolishness taken to its extreme and I am starting to miss the old days, where the hate was piled on high, to the point where it got super ridiculous.

For fucks sake, I defended Bethesda during the months leading up to the release of Skyrim.

Dude.

I asked you to clarify your point and you posted an unrelated screenshot. What about having a voiced protagonist necessitates voice acting in mods to the extent that it would be impossible to make quest mods? Why does having the protagonist also voiced (as opposed to every character besides the PC) suddenly make quest mods restricted to people who can hire professional voice actors for $5000?

Relax drat.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 4, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Honestly, Mordaedil you sound like a real bitch complaining this much about a video game.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Not to mention the fact that you're trying to have critical analysis on the Something Awful forums about a Fallout game that has not even been released yet .

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

god drat shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What a good thread.

• Locked thread