Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

It's not the shittiest lovely poo poo that ever got shittily shat out on to a screen

That would be Once Upon A Time.

Seriously, does anyone actually watch that show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It might be one of ABC's more popular shows.

Maybe the show was good for the first few seasons when they have wild interpretations of Disney characters and the boy who have a really weird family tree, but now they appear to just be putting any Disney property they can into it. Season 4 opened with a subplot that was literally a sequel to Frozen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Was Nurse 3D any good?

It is very bad, and a waste of time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The MSJ posted:

It might be one of ABC's more popular shows.

Maybe the show was good for the first few seasons when they have wild interpretations of Disney characters and the boy who have a really weird family tree, but now they appear to just be putting any Disney property they can into it. Season 4 opened with a subplot that was literally a sequel to Frozen.

Have they tossed in any Star Wars poo poo into the show yet?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

In the Wonderland spinoff, the Queen of Hearts suggested using a sarlacc to trap Alice without killing her.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Was Nurse 3D any good?

No.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jose Oquendo posted:

No, because that would make it entertaining to people who aren't Stepford Wives.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Anyone I've ever known who's watched that show always say the same thing. They start off really liking it, then they're lamenting that it's gone on for too long.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Anyone I've ever known who's watched that show always say the same thing. They start off really liking it, then they're lamenting that it's gone on for too long.

It's because the original premise was that someone ends up stuck in this small town where everyone is a fairytale (and later other kinds of fiction) character that has lost their memory.

So there was the early mystery about who each person is, and why some characters from the fairytale flashbacks weren't in the town, or people in the town weren't in the flashbacks.

All that's gone now though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So its just a show for 30-something bored people clutching to Disney?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Many aren't the Disney versions, despite being on ABC.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Forgall posted:

Posters by WikiHow.

Recreating movie posters out of WikiHow illustrations would make for a great photoshop thread if GBS wasn't currently allergic to humor, effort, or liking things.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Vintersorg posted:

I would imagine the demo heavily overlaps with the one that finds Minions so appealing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Man you just described my girlfriend so perfectly.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The adult Disney demographic isn't much different from certain adults who like Marvel or DC. I think people underestimate how massive that fanbase is and how some people just sort of buy into it for life. It's like Gotham for Batman fans or something, people get way more excited about the idea and the ~potential~ than the actual nuts and bolts of this show that is marginally related to your obsession.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vintersorg posted:

There's also a weird correlation with that group being fundamentalist Christians and horse people, in my experience.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Centaurs are the new hot demo advertisers want.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Centaurs are the new hot demo advertisers want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jnpcCZRtKk&t=40s

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
In my experience, us ladies watch it because Captain Hook is smoking hot. Rumplestiltskin has his appeal too.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ror posted:

The adult Disney demographic isn't much different from certain adults who like Marvel or DC. I think people underestimate how massive that fanbase is and how some people just sort of buy into it for life. It's like Gotham for Batman fans or something, people get way more excited about the idea and the ~potential~ than the actual nuts and bolts of this show that is marginally related to your obsession.

Yeah, it's always weird to see the people who got really excited about Mark Hamill playing The Trickster on Flash or Howard the Duck getting a tag in Guardians of the Galaxy suddenly get really judgy about the exact same thing happening with Once Upon A Time just because it's no longer their demographic being pandered too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

In my experience, us ladies watch it because Captain Hook is smoking hot. Rumplestiltskin has his appeal too.

I sometimes watch it because the women in it are the pretty and rear end-kicking kind. Especially Snow White. Better than her daughter Emma, even.

Here's a new SPECTRE poster.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The MSJ posted:

I sometimes watch it because the women in it are the pretty and rear end-kicking kind. Especially Snow White. Better than her daughter Emma, even.

It kinda reminds me of Live and Let Die which is alright, but otherwise it's too similar to the first poster and some of the Skyfall posters. He can do other things than stand!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The MSJ posted:

"We decided to save on our 'villain costuming' budget, head on down to McCulloch's and get something cheap."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The MSJ posted:

Some arsehole is standing in the way of a perfectly serviceable movie poster.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The MSJ posted:

For some reason this is really funny to me.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kramjacks posted:

For some reason this is really funny to me.

It's definitely the plastic Halloween decoration skull with the doofy grin in the back.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

James Bond VS. an Army of Skeletons is a movie I would like to see.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kramjacks posted:

James Bond VS. an Army of Skeletons is a movie I would like to see.

James and the Argonauts.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

James and the Argonauts.

James and the giant peach

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The MSJ posted:

S P O O K Y

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:effort:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The MSJ posted:

"The name's Bones. Mr. Bones. And you're in for a Wild Ride! " *tips hat*

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

"The name's Bones. Mr. Bones. And you're in for a Wild Ride! " *tips hat*

Skullduggery Pleasent adaptation bound to happen sooner or later.

Or it could just be a movie where Bond tries to fit in more with the modern age by going against the infamous internet legend Boneyman..

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Approves.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Thank Mr Spectrl

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

S P O O K Y

Ask and ye shall receive

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Fayez Butts posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Yesss! :yohoho:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

James Bond vs Jeffery the Skeleton!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like it.

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

I like it.