Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
someone do the intro to true detective season two and superimpose tom "the betrayer" brady's face everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Listening live on the pregame radio Jonathan Kraft just said that the NFL twisted their arms into firing the two equipment guys and that they will now persue how to reinstate them.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 4, 2015

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Those two must be elated.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Volkerball posted:

dont spill hot coffee on yourself and dont cheat at football imo

Ah, yes, Marbury v. Madison.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brady gonna get injured playing the bills anyway

at least now pats fans cant hide behind the suspension when they get swept by the bills this year

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Listening live on the pregame radio Jonathan Kraft just said that the NFL twisted their arms into firing the two equipment guys and that they will now persue how to reinstate them.

no shame whatsoever, good lord

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

no shame whatsoever, good lord

Yeah its completely unbelievable that the organization that had a literal modern day witch hunt would call for two people to be fired for the transgression that it invented.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Brady posted:

Yeah its completely unbelievable that the organization that had a literal modern day witch hunt would call for two people to be fired for the transgression that it invented.

it's totally a coincidence that this is the first we've heard of it too :allears:

if you can't own to being a bitch when poo poo hits the fan you might as well not act tough after

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Tom Brady posted:

Those two people still deflated the balls which broke the rules. The ruling didn't exonerate Tom Brady and the equipment employees from using deflated balls.

It just stated that the NFL commissioner overstepped his powers when suspending Tom Brady.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Glad to hear :patriot:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rabid Snake posted:

Those two people still deflated the balls which broke the rules. The ruling didn't exonerate Tom Brady and the equipment employees from using deflated balls.

It just stated that the NFL commissioner overstepped his powers when suspending Tom Brady.

Did you read the judgement? This judge was legally obligated to only focus on the process but he still went out of his way both during the hearings and in his result that he does not believe the NFL had any real proof regarding the facts of the case, even using scare quotes around "independent investigation" when describing the process of evidence being found

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

pmchem posted:

In case evilweasel gloated ANYWHERE in this thread (I can't even catch up on 1000 posts today) that today's court decision was inevitable because the NFL's case was obviously so bad, well...

I just want to point out that in the League of Posts he drafted Garroppolo and then dropped him 6 hours ago. He did not keep the faith.

lmfao

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did you read the judgement? This judge was legally obligated to only focus on the process but he still went out of his way both during the hearings and in his result that he does not believe the NFL had any real proof regarding the facts of the case, even using scare quotes around "independent investigation" when describing the process of evidence being found

Literally doesn't matter

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

also just dropping in (and bolding) a paragraph of the wells report saying there was not scientific proof the balls even were deflated for, uh, reasons I still don't quite get

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I read the judgement during lunch break and I didn't remember reading anything that exonerated Tom Brady?? Link or post the part? I'm honestly curious, I'm on my mobile phone at work so I can't at the moment.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope the deflator lost that weight!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

pmchem posted:

In case evilweasel gloated ANYWHERE in this thread (I can't even catch up on 1000 posts today)

But enough about evil weasel's daily post output

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
The judge was furiously stroking his dicta while he watched his clerks write that opinion.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

unfortunately that requires the approval of goodell so it's mostly another fork in his eye but probably won't go anywhere

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
It's also a loving lie I'm sure

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Parody Threads posted:

It's also a loving lie I'm sure

im sure its true, the krafts are not pleased with goodell and it's a way to annoy him without hurting their standing with other owners

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hahaha apparently if brady was still suspended on opening day the patriots weren't just going to refuse to put up their super bowl banner, they were going to put up a banner honoring brady instead

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only maturity left in the organization died with Myra

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Volkerball posted:

this is tff not dnd, ergo shutup.

Sorry you are mad for being wrong,shitlord.

Also lol the pats are babies.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tom Brady is a dang cheater :argh:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Rabid Snake posted:

I read the judgement during lunch break and I didn't remember reading anything that exonerated Tom Brady?? Link or post the part? I'm honestly curious, I'm on my mobile phone at work so I can't at the moment.

Did you miss that 2/3rds of the ruling was about how the process that they used to "convict" Brady was fundamentally unfair?

I mean you need to put on a real kangaroo court in order to get arbitration thrown out on that basis.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nothing the judge gave really exonerated Tom no, the evidence is still the evidence. Unless you believe there is some massive conspiracy against Tom for some reason.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Volkerball posted:

dont spill hot coffee on yourself and dont cheat at football imo

The Hot Coffee case was an example of tort law working correctly and then being spun as a reason to give a corporation freedom from responsibility from being held responsible, much like when the NFL leaked lies about Deflategate to frame Tom Brady

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
T*m Br*dy did that poo poo.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I stand against Brady. qtiyd

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

I stand against Kyle Brady, mediocre tight end extraordinaire. qtiyd

Buddyleet
Jun 5, 2004
The Walking Man
Please go away deflategate!
Shut the gently caress up already!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

posting? re-posting? i'm the guy with the jpg

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

PantsFreeZone posted:

T*m Br*dy did that poo poo.

Touchdown Tom Brouchdown Tody? That doesn't make any sense...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Congrats Pats fans. I look forward to the Miami Dolphins giving you one of your four losses on the way to another 8-8 finish. Its the best part of most seasons.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Thread title should refer to the report as the "Pash/Wells Report" pls, per The Honorable Judge Berman.

Also, the Pash/Wells report relied on "buy-a-study" company exponent (http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/9/1/9227373/exponent-doctored-their-figures-to-smear-brady-and-the-patriots), because obviously they couldn't back down once the ball got rolling. Just to mention one issue with the report/study - if the head ref is to be believed, then the gauges are flipped around in the exponent study, and the pats and colts balls would have measured about the same. They believed him on everything else, but somehow his memory must be wrong as to which gauge he used on which set of balls.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 4, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Exponent told me that asbestos causes no bodily harm and by god I believe them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Guy called himself the deflator. Shut up.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

NC-17 posted:

Guy called himself the deflator. Shut up.

it's like the plot of an adam sandler movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well whoever made this was subtle.

• Locked thread