Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baddog
May 12, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Guy called himself the deflator. Shut up.

Yah, probably because he made sure the balls were deflated to the legal minimum after they were rubbed like a motherfucker, and Brady was pissed when he didn't. One guy calling himself the deflator is the only "evidence" there is after the NFL apparently ran an actual sting operation during a championship game (wtf). If your surprise clown-car sting op doesn't actually turn up any actionable evidence, despite the risk of tainting a championship game, then maybe you should chill the gently caress out.

lolololol sorry things didn't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Silly Burrito posted:

Well whoever made this was subtle.

Joke's on him, Patriots are playing Thursday!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Baddog posted:

Yah, probably because he made sure the balls were deflated to the legal minimum after they were rubbed like a motherfucker, and Brady was pissed when he didn't. One guy calling himself the deflator is the only "evidence" there is after the NFL apparently ran an actual sting operation during a championship game (wtf). If your surprise clown-car sting op doesn't actually turn up any actionable evidence, despite the risk of tainting a championship game, then maybe you should chill the gently caress out.

i like to destroy my cellphone the day before my hearing. i do this all the time, execpt for the time before this one, which i still have

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Baddog posted:

i think nc-17, pats fan, is pleased how things worked out

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Listening live on the pregame radio Jonathan Kraft just said that the NFL twisted their arms into firing the two equipment guys and that they will now persue how to reinstate them.

I am so upset i missed this.

The middle finger towards Goodell grows, and grows.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hope the suspension is upheld starting sometime between weeks 11 and 14

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nothing the judge gave really exonerated Tom no, the evidence is still the evidence. Unless you believe there is some massive conspiracy against Tom for some reason.

What evidence is this exactly? :raise:

Ah, but I forget myself; you are no doubt referring to the one guy's dumb nickname for himself, which is of course ironclad evidence implicating Thomas Brady. So ironclad that we don't even need to know for a fact that any footballs were actually deflated!

Silly Burrito posted:

Well whoever made this was subtle.

It was Conquistador, guys, he is not known for subtlety in general

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Ha, who did you piss off, Intruder?

Giving a mod a custom title is a complete waste of money.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

loquacius posted:

He blew a lot of money today

Baddog
May 12, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i like to destroy my cellphone the day before my hearing. i do this all the time, execpt for the time before this one, which i still have

Lemmee just turn my cellphone over to the dudes who obviously have an agenda against me and my team and have been leaking all kinds of (erroneous) poo poo to the media from the start. Yah, that fucker is getting melted asap.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The CBA says Brady doesn't have to turn over his phone regardless so gently caress it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
lol the guy who is the opposite of a fag spent money on the internet to call someone else a fag is actually really cool

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

I want to say that I appreciate you probating me earlier before I went nuclear and I did not give you your new title. Nor do I think you deserve it.

Tom Brady is still a cheater and I hope his skills drop off so much this season Patriots fans regret the judge's meddling.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why would anyone ever turn their cell phone over to their boss?

Or the guy working for your boss?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Haha itt a bunch of losers cry

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DOOP posted:

Why would anyone ever turn their cell phone over to their boss?

Or the guy working for your boss?

i wouldn't smash my phone to pieces on my break if he did

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I trade my phone back in like a poor every time I get a new one, but I still wipe it beforehand :shrug:

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

I trade my phone back in like a poor every time I get a new one, but I still wipe it beforehand :shrug:

You know that doesn't really erase anything, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I don't have anything worth stealing information-wise anyway

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

PantsFreeZone posted:

You know that doesn't really erase anything, right?

So it's better to destroy it?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raku posted:

Yes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Raku posted:

I'd probably just destroy it if I had Tom Brady money tbh

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Goodell's actions and all the whiny pissbabies ITT crying about Tom being a cheater and hoping he gets injured have made me a fan of Tom Brady, and he got one of those drat rings by beating the Panthers and ripping my heart out.

I gaze up at that handsome face. Fifteen seasons it has taken me to learn what kind of smile is hidden above his perfect dimpled chin. O cruel, needless deflating investigations! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast of the greatest QB in NFL history! Two Bud Light-scented tears trickle down the sides of my nose. But it is all right, everything is all right, the struggle is finished. I have won the victory over myself. I love Tom Brady.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

loquacius posted:

Ah, but I forget myself; you are no doubt referring to the one guy's dumb nickname for himself, which is of course ironclad evidence implicating Thomas Brady. So ironclad that we don't even need to know for a fact that any footballs were actually deflated!

That and the fact that the dude with the nickname snuck the balls into the bathroom (to use the urinal, which the bathroom unfortunately didn't have) after the refs tested them. And the WILD SPECULATION that a professional quarterback knows what football feels like.

I mean, come on. I'm as happy as any right-thinking person that Goodell crashed and burned. It's a victory for labor, decency, and common sense. But thinking that Brady is innocent is "Ben didn't rape anybody" or "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" level retarded. Luckily, unlike rape or 9-11, this is just garden-variety cheating like scuffing baseballs, loading bats, or using illegally curved hockey sticks. Stuff that nobody should ever give two shits about. Except when it's hilarious.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm a baseball fan so maybe that's why I'm not fazed by the idea of doctoring balls

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
I mean this all started by the cry baby colts who have a history of crying about little things

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wait why does Vinatieri disqualify a ring

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did Gram Gram send that one?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

I'm a baseball fan so maybe that's why I'm not fazed by the idea of doctoring balls

A case of doctored balls that ended up in federal court :lol:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

loquacius posted:

In general yeah the only more concrete evidence would be a confession really.though his guilt was never in question this was all about process and surprise Goodell was an arrogant dickhole.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:swoon:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Intruder posted:

Wait why does Vinatieri disqualify a ring

also winning by following the rules :confused:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

also winning by following the rules :confused:

the rule was bullshit and retroactively decided to be bullshit. the pats got in on a technicality, one that has since been erased.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

In general yeah the only more concrete evidence would be a confession really.though his guilt was never in question this was all about process and surprise Goodell was an arrogant dickhole.

perhaps evidence the balls were even deflated in the first place would be somewhat concrete

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Patriots fans: "We only got caught cheating a bunch of times, why don't we get the benefit of the doubt? Like 50% of our titles are DEFINITELY tainted at most. 50%!? That's almost half!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

the rule was bullshit and retroactively decided to be bullshit. the pats got in on a technicality, one that has since been erased.

so you complain when we follow the rules, so we decided to break them and then you whined too : confused:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We are all confused when the Patriots break the rules?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

evilweasel posted:

perhaps evidence the balls were even deflated in the first place would be somewhat concrete

Not really. Though they have that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not really. Though they have that too.

according to wells and a federal judge, nope :sun:

• Locked thread