Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Elfgames posted:

Not everyone has one of those Mr moneybags,

But...

Just knock it over and fill it with ice and now your party drinks are cold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

likehack: put your drinks in your fridge

e: yeah it's xkcd but w/e

aardvaard has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Aug 21, 2015

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Clickhole - Ultimate Life Hacker? Meet The Woman Who Says She’ll Do Things, Then Doesn’t Do Them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know so many people who have been doing that for years. It's working for them pretty well.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

I know so many people who have been doing that for years. It's working for them pretty well.

I know it works if you want to get elected.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Pocket Billiards posted:

I bury them there instead of the massive square waist-high sink that sits next to it.

But isn't that the third toilet? :confused:

That reminds me of a story from school. It was class reunions and a bunch of us were waiting in line to use a dorm bathroom. This 40ish year old grad walks up to us and wonders why the line is so long. When he finds out that we're using the only toilet one at a time, he scoffs and he and his friend just go past all of us into the bathroom.

As we get in there, he and his buddy are just pissing in the 2 sinks and starts talking.

Old guy #1: Back when I was in school, if you had a toilet, a shower, and two sinks, it was a-
Both: Table for four!

That night I learned if it has a drain, it's a toilet. #LifeHacked

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Garage doors are also doors, people! Think outside the box!

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

For the .01% of readers who will be designing and building their own houses.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Danger Mahoney posted:

For the .01% of readers who will be designing and building their own houses.

Lifehack aren't just for the poors, you know. #1%hackz

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Lifehack: If you're rich, hire other people to hack life for you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Crow Jane posted:

Works great.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

#TrumpHacks

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Crow Jane posted:

Then threaten to fire them if they ask for more money! You can always hire a new person who will work for less because their life is in shambles! Stay rich and stay hacked. Walla!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Picnic Princess posted:

Then threaten to fire them if they ask for more money! You can always hire a new person who will work for less because their life is in shambles! Stay rich and stay hacked. Walla!

There's an app for that.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Picnic Princess posted:

You can always hire a new person who will work for less because their life is in shambles!

it's me walla

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This has the potential to be a pretty good thread.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Crow Jane posted:

Lol if you don't have Enrique life hack for you? Man I can't even remember if that was this thread.

So that this post isn't just a dumb catchphrase I'll add that on top of the fact that the vast, vast majority of people, especially those reading that, wouldn't be designing their own home, I've never seen a doorway of non-standard width in my life and you probably wouldn't be able to get a door for it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

So that this post isn't just a dumb catchphrase I'll add that on top of the fact that the vast, vast majority of people, especially those reading that, wouldn't be designing their own home, I've never seen a doorway of non-standard width in my life and you probably wouldn't be able to get a door for it.

Hirayuki posted:

Garage doors are also doors, people! Think outside the box!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AlphaKretin posted:

Lol if you don't have Enrique life hack for you? Man I can't even remember if that was this thread.

The house we moved into when I was in third grade is loving ancient and it's door into the house is slightly bigger than normal. I remember it because it was a big fuckin' deal when my parents ordered a door special width and the company hosed up and didn't make it that way.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Len posted:

The house we moved into when I was in third grade is loving ancient and it's door into the house is slightly bigger than normal. I remember it because it was a big fuckin' deal when my parents ordered a door special width and the company hosed up and didn't make it that way.

Hey, gimme a wide front door. But keep in mind that you hate humanity and me in particular

Builder: We got you

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Can't you just like

get French doors?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Meowjesty posted:

Can't you just like

get French doors?

French doors for every door in the house! That way nobody can say you're too morbidly obese to fit through a door! #walla

electrohead
May 24, 2007

Everybody loves you.

Devor posted:

Hey, gimme a wide front door. But keep in mind that you hate humanity and me in particular

Builder: We got you

Holy poo poo, I have to show that to my dad. There's a decent chance he's actually worked on that house given the sort of things he gets asked to do.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

blunt for century posted:

This has the potential to be a pretty good thread.

Can't find anyone willing to sleep with you? Get married, it's not rape if it's your spouse! #trumphax

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Saw this one on a facebook page I followed.
Several people, including myself, explained that this would NOT disinfect anything. It's OK though, because It was promptly explained to me that you should expose your kids to things like e-coli, so you can boost their immune system. Then the person who said that posted a photo of a child covered in mud, holding a puppy, saying #MyKidsLife.

I had never experienced a "mommy knows best" moment in regards to e. coli.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 4, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Non Serviam posted:

Saw this one on a facebook page I followed.
Several people, including myself, explained that this would NOT disinfect anything. It's OK though, because It was promptly explained to me that you should expose your kids to things like e-coli, so you can boost your immune system. Then the person who said that posted a photo of a child covered in mud, holding a puppy, saying #MyKidsLife.

I had never experienced a "mommy knows best" moment in regards to e. coli.

A "friend" of mine (we've drifted apart for good reason) has two kids and they're absolutely terrifying if Facebook is anything to go by. The oldest is I think 3 or 4 and has spent her whole life refusing to wear clothes unless forced, and their mom is an anti-vaxxer. She also made zero efforts to childproof her house.

Any images of her kids on Facebook are typically "My daughter got into the peanut butter and flung it all over the kitchen before dunking her head in glitter!" over and over again, mixed with "Ugh, Desi's got this weird rash again."

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

A "friend" of mine (we've drifted apart for good reason) has two kids and they're absolutely terrifying if Facebook is anything to go by. The oldest is I think 3 or 4 and has spent her whole life refusing to wear clothes unless forced, and their mom is an anti-vaxxer. She also made zero efforts to childproof her house.

Any images of her kids on Facebook are typically "My daughter got into the peanut butter and flung it all over the kitchen before dunking her head in glitter!" over and over again, mixed with "Ugh, Desi's got this weird rash again."

Many of these people follow naturopaths and other quacks... it's loving sad for the kids

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Non Serviam posted:

Many of these people follow naturopaths and other quacks... it's loving sad for the kids

It's honestly impressive how many messes I saw on Facebook before she finally got so unbearable that I kept her off my feed altogether. It seemed like multiple times a week one or both kids would have a major mess and cover themselves and the nearby area in the contents of whatever container they got their hands on. The older daughter seems to have never been taught not to do so (at least not effectively) and she never tried to really keep this stuff out of their grasp, so it's a constant cycle.

And yes, they're a redneck family. The mother actually isn't that unintelligent and we became friends because of our shared interests, but she's a rural girl through and through and can't move out of Geneva, FL or break her bad habits.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

It's honestly impressive how many messes I saw on Facebook before she finally got so unbearable that I kept her off my feed altogether. It seemed like multiple times a week one or both kids would have a major mess and cover themselves and the nearby area in the contents of whatever container they got their hands on. The older daughter seems to have never been taught not to do so (at least not effectively) and she never tried to really keep this stuff out of their grasp, so it's a constant cycle.

And yes, they're a redneck family. The mother actually isn't that unintelligent and we became friends because of our shared interests, but she's a rural girl through and through and can't move out of Geneva, FL or break her bad habits.

To her credit, the lady who likes to expose her kids to e. coli doesn't use the homemade bleach. She uses, and I swear I'm serious:
Vinegar
Lemon
Sunshine

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

If they're good enough to be the ingredients in My Grandpappy's Ol' Fashioned Hard Candies (available in all quality country goods stores), they're good enough to act as my sole defense against all forms of disease

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

To her credit, the lady who likes to expose her kids to e. coli doesn't use the homemade bleach. She uses, and I swear I'm serious:
Vinegar
Lemon
Sunshine

Someone tell her vinegar is an evil acid with a low pH. Same with lemon.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

But they have no chemicals, duh.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is bleach like too expensive or something? Why do you need a homemade version?

I love how all these remedies are always (apple cider) vinegar + xyz

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

lancemantis posted:

Bleach is chemicals, chemicals are unhealthful.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

lancemantis posted:

I use a glass of apple cider vinegar with a dash of dishsoap to kill fruit flies; is that okay?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
quit pussyfooting and use it to kill your real enemies

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I use a glass of apple cider vinegar with a dash of dishsoap to kill fruit flies; is that okay?

Only if you chug no less than 2 litres a day without fail.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Be a man and chug 2L of reduced vinegar each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samizdata posted:

Only if you chug no less than 2 litres a day without fail.

Well, yeah. I use my burps to kill fruit flies. The dishsoap is to get rid of the stains afterwards.

Walla!