Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Attempting to outrun Takeo is foolish. He is simply too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

gigawhite posted:

Suna's in love with Takeo. It's fine. So am I

The true love triangle

though tbh this was one of the first things I picked up on and it'd be interesting if it ends up happening

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's insanely hosed up that this show is going to end in two weeks

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Surprised no one is shipping Yukika and Yamato after their walk into the sunset together. :v:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

ETB posted:

Surprised no one is shipping Yukika and Yamato after their walk into the sunset together. :v:

Because Yamato liking anyone but Takeo is super ridiculous.

Basically anyone liking anyone but Takeo is ridiculous.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

alcharagia posted:

It's insanely hosed up that this show is going to end in two weeks

There are two things that i'm looking forward to after the last episode: Reading the manga and the 'Chihayafuru season 3 is being made' announcement.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ETB posted:

Dude, not even I'm that nuts for yuri.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I've got to remember not to watch this on my lunch break. Jesus, that was probably the most bitter-sweet episode.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ETB posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

Dude, not even I'm that nuts for yuri.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I liked the episode, it was "realistic" in a way. Not because you like someone they'll like you back. Unless you're in a traditional shoujo anime where you won't know their answer for 26 episodes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gmq posted:

I liked the episode, it was "realistic" in a way. Not because you like someone they'll like you back. Unless you're in a traditional shoujo anime where you won't know their answer for 26 episodes.
Yeah.

I think in Suna's case he appreciated what a nice girl she was, but was probably put off by how much she put him on a pedestal. Like, major religious figures aren't idolized as much as she did him. Her giving up immediately when she sensed he didn't feel the same at that moment was probably off-putting too. Like you went on one date, and barely talked. Keep at it and maybe it'll work out, chickening out immediately shows a lack of confidence that's super unflattering. This setting aside the whole stalking thing, too.

I don't expect a shojo to go into stuff like that but it was handled pretty well imo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
suna just being incredibly confused the entire episode was funny

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Suna needs his own BL spin-off set in college with cameos by married couple Takeo and Yamato.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Suna needs his own BL spin-off set in college with cameos by married couple Takeo and Yamato.

Bara, surely?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nah, then Suna would have to bulk up. And he's already perfect the way he is.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 4, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Suna just needs a girl like Takeo who can make him laugh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xelkelvos posted:

Suna just needs a girl like Takeo who can make him laugh.

Pretty sure a already posted Mari from Project A-ko.....

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Takeo-kun. :smith: I totally related to him this episode.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I was expecting this episode to basically be a swapped around version of the Saijou episodes, but holy poo poo when that cake guy ran out to Takeo he just turned into the biggest rear end in a top hat ever.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

is it bad that this is one problem i want to see solved with violence instead of communication?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

News
Final My Love Story!! Episode Delayed 1 Week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Huh, was not expecting this story arc. They skipped a couple of chapters if I remember right.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Astro Ambulance posted:

is it bad that this is one problem i want to see solved with violence instead of communication?

I was waiting for Takeo-kun to punch him the whole time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
What a loving creep.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
That dude, worse than the groper?

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

There are two things that i'm looking forward to after the last episode: Reading the manga and the 'Chihayafuru season 3 is being made' announcement.

Good luck with that, searching high and low all the places I've looked haven't had the manga past the bit with saijou :negative:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Herb Stencil posted:

Good luck with that, searching high and low all the places I've looked haven't had the manga past the bit with saijou :negative:

Official releases is up to the first kiss.

Also for reference, this story arc was the newest chapter when the show first started. Though in hindsight, it's probably works as a good closer for the season. Shame though because I think Yamato's parents happen before this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

Huh, was not expecting this story arc. They skipped a couple of chapters if I remember right.

It's probably the most climactic arc they could go out on since it has actual conflict in it for Takeo.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Allarion posted:

Official releases is up to the first kiss.

Also for reference, this story arc was the newest chapter when the show first started. Though in hindsight, it's probably works as a good closer for the season. Shame though because I think Yamato's parents happen before this.

drat, sorry. Last time I checked volume 6 wasn't out in English. Still a shame though, I really wish I'd be able to keep up with the story after the anime

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
why did yamato avoid telling him she had a bf

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it would be weird for two people to buy and eat a whole bunch of cake themselves? who knows.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

She could have been starstruck in that moment. I mean, obviously Takeo and Yamato are madly in love but human beings have moments of weakness and doubt. Why, just in this episode, Takeo felt jealousy, and then guilt. Clearly it's just a minor speedbump and they're going to get over it and Ichinose is going to get punched into the stratosphere and never heard from again. :colbert:

I'll admit some disappointment that we didn't just get two more find-Suna-a-boyfriend-or-girlfriend episodes but if he's happy being single and supporting his friends I'm happy to watch.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I don't even think One Nose is that awful really. Like if he was a total creepazoid he would of offered just Yamato alone a ride at the end of the episode.

Yamato is an A++ girl and she's clearly making him a better person just by being around... but then he went and ran off to yell at Takeo. I mean I also didn't think Hayato was awful when he was first introduced so I feel like even if he went about confronting Takeo about it super wrong he will still come out of this a better person! I want everybody in this show to be happy. :(

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dude's 21 and Yamato is 15 but looks 12. Cakeshaver is an awful creep.

But who gives a poo poo about him, I just hope that Takeo learns the confidence needed to express the ocean of love contained in his heart. He's a loving superhero and his only weakness is his self-doubt. It's tragic to watch.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

copy posted:

Dude's 21 and Yamato is 15 but looks 12. Cakeshaver is an awful creep.

But who gives a poo poo about him, I just hope that Takeo learns the confidence needed to express the ocean of love contained in his heart. He's a loving superhero and his only weakness is his self-doubt. It's tragic to watch.

yea i meant to post this, hes creepier than sunas sister. at least takeo looks like a grown rear end man.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
if yamato has any moments of weakness or doubt then she is not good enough for takeo and he should definitely be saijou's bf.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Suna's sister accepted that Yamato and Takeo were happy together pretty quickly, and never attempted to outright tell Yamato to break up with him. Hell, she stayed super friendly with both of them once she accepted it.

Even compared to her, this guy's just a bit of a selfish creep who's into a girl way younger than him, and isn't content with her liking anyone else. Maybe he'll turn out to be better than that in the next episode, but he's really not giving a positive impression.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 10, 2015

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
bwahahahaha half my amusement from this episode came from the casting of Pastry boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I spent most of this episode praying that Takeo would go all Star Platinum on this creep. I want him to get the Steely Dan treatment

• Locked thread