Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Stronghold wars would be a sick addition, something involving dozens of cars. I've unlocked 5ish regions now and this game is great for hopping in and destroying a camp or running a race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

he1ixx posted:

That OP should convince fence-sitters. Nice job.
I don't know how anyone can sit on the fence about it, its just gorgeous emergent carnage in an open world where everything feels insane and you feel like a badass for putting them out of their misery. My only wishlist/whatif for this game is that it totally had room for the orc trolling/boss creating mechanic from Shadow of Mordor. Think of the names, gimmicks and vendettas this game could randomly create on the fly!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

gently caress the ROW posted:

Stronghold wars would be a sick addition, something involving dozens of cars. I've unlocked 5ish regions now and this game is great for hopping in and destroying a camp or running a race.

I wish that once the non-scrotal strongholds began to prosper, you'd start to see stronghold patrols out on the roads, or allied convoys where the enemy convoys used to run. As it is, there's places like Balefire, then nebulous "allies" (I have no idea who exactly they are) that take over the bombed-out camps you clear, and then nothing in between. The strongholds themselves change over time, and as you clear out a region you get sniped less, but the open world doesn't seem to react to improvements and changes in power nearly as much as would be cool.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

As much as I'd like this to happen, I found a relic in the wasteland that strongly hints that there are no bike in the mad max -the videogame- world. But maybe it's just a joke from the developers regarding the current state of the game.

Go on!

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

It's a photograph of a motorbike with "What the hell is this thing" written on the back

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

It's a photograph of a motorbike with "What the hell is this thing" written on the back

On the other hand though....

One side mission has you get a dead biker chief's car, which has his bike with his skeleton strapped to it, welded into the back.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

T1g4h posted:

The Fury Road SweetFX preset from the OP is a sight to behold. Colors loving pop and sunsets are insanely brilliant. Night time is wicked looking as well:

This loving game :allears:

It's pretty at night but good christ it burns my eyes during the day time, this thing is definitely not for me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I like how if you fall too far Max's bad leg goes out on him and he hobbles around for a bit.

Although the "death by falling" distance is the shortest I've ever seen in a game. It's fairly realistic, but you see a 12 foot drop in a game normally you'd be like "that won't trigger a loss of health".

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

As much as I'd like this to happen, I found a relic in the wasteland that strongly hints that there are no bike in the mad max -the videogame- world. But maybe it's just a joke from the developers regarding the current state of the game.

That item is taken directly from one of the movies if it's the photo on gut rashes ship with the question on the back

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
"So we got like 4-5 top dogs right? Lets use the same animation for all of them when they're sitting in their big chair and yelling at Max. That is a good idea right?" - Mad Max Developer.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Gotta get that scrap.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I didn't kill the war crier for once, but he disappeared when the base was cleared anyways. I didn't even get a cheevo for sparing him. :(

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ofaloaf posted:

I didn't kill the war crier for once, but he disappeared when the base was cleared anyways. I didn't even get a cheevo for sparing him. :(

"So, uh, there's a rule that you can't kill the War Crier. Don't know if you know that but that's the rule."

"Don't suppose you need anyone that can inspire people with music? I've been doing this for years."

If only I could drive my own DOOF Wagon of spared War Criers with maybe Chumbucket as the flametarer. I mean they put a loving wrecked model of a WAR RIG in this game so you know I want more content where I can drive and fight around one of those Dragons of the Wastes. :allears:

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 4, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Surveying the wasteland

Throne room

Pirates Ye Be Warned

I'm bummed I didn't get into the screenshot mode a second earlier when they were all praying at the alter.

Praise the crustaceans

Hitching a ride

Buzzard attack

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Do the Archangels do anything besides being a specific set of parts? I've only unlocked the Jack so far.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Deakul posted:

It's pretty at night but good christ it burns my eyes during the day time, this thing is definitely not for me.

You can easily tweak the preset settings in the "SweetFX" folder. Messing with the numbers for Cineon DPX should help you not burn your retinas. The best thing about SweetFX is that the changes happen in real time, as soon as you save them, so you don't have to keep closing the game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The Ripper is a preorder bonus that actually doesn't suck. I love how bulky and tough it looks compared to the other body options, I thought I was gonna stick with Furnace the entire time but I was won over.

Fat Samurai posted:

Do the Archangels do anything besides being a specific set of parts? I've only unlocked the Jack so far.

Nah they're just presets. You'll need specific ones if you want to use the Opus in Death Runs but other than that, big fat meh. Everyone's gonna want to build their Opus their own way, really, Archangels are just for people who want a reccomended loadout.

Here are some things I suggest doing for a giggle:

1) Go back to the default starter V6 and see just how loving fast your car is with your usual engine. Seriously. It's agonising.

and conversely,

2) Take all your heavy weaponary and armour off and use the most powerful engine you have, it's loving crazy.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 4, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

dogstile posted:

I feel like this needs more attention, holy poo poo my sides.

What really amused me was how the second shot came out.

Just punch him with the cable. Where's the upgrade that slaps a big rear end boxing glove on the end of the line? Don't hold out on me Chumbucket!

Ofaloaf posted:

Is it me, or do the top dog fights feel easier than a lot of the mook fights? There's no crowd control, no need to worry about getting mobbed when squaring off against one guy.

There's one in Pink Eye's territory that actually got me killed a few times.

Also, shirtless Max with all the gear upgrades looks loving awesome.

:black101:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Fat Samurai posted:

They're mostly tied to racing and KILL SOMETHING WITH EVERY ARCHANGEL achievements.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I like that in this game you're getting constant praise for being the most badass driver while likely bonking into poo poo all the time. Meanwhile, no one mentions that Chumbucket is the best marksman in the history of the universe.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Also, shirtless Max with all the gear upgrades looks loving awesome.

:black101:

He could Dynasty my Ducks Annnnnnyyyyyytime.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Joe Gillian posted:

You can easily tweak the preset settings in the "SweetFX" folder. Messing with the numbers for Cineon DPX should help you not burn your retinas. The best thing about SweetFX is that the changes happen in real time, as soon as you save them, so you don't have to keep closing the game.

Yeah, eh, thanks for the info but I'll pass on using it.
I think the game looks fine as it is really.

And god drat, the camera has no right to be this entertaining to use.
Setting up sweet shots is like half the game now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love the sideburners so much:

Wasteland James Bond poo poo.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

There's one in Pink Eye's territory that actually got me killed a few times.

The guy with the ferals? Since shotguns do jack poo poo to Top Dogs and those dudes are the last guys you fight in a camp, I just emptied all my slugs into the ferals first thing then did the usual dodging and shivving routine with the boss proper.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
This is pretty much Red Dead Apocalypse. Including the good and bad parts. But I love all things Mad Max and this game is pretty awesome.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Crabtree posted:

"So, uh, there's a rule that you can't kill the War Crier. Don't know if you know that but that's the rule."

"Don't suppose you need anyone that can inspire people with music? I've been doing this for years."

If only I could drive my own DOOF Wagon of spared War Criers with maybe Chumbucket as the flametarer. I mean they put a loving wrecked model of a WAR RIG in this game so you know I want more content where I can drive and fight around one of those Dragons of the Wastes. :allears:

My favorite so far is:

"You're not supposed to kill me. You know that right? I'm just a little drummer boy."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Mokinokaro posted:

Make sure you do Chum's sidequests at Jeet's.

Good to know! Pretty easy to push my buttons like that.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Looking into more pieces of history I don't know how to take this being the new 52 Max with people around the great snow before the water evaporated talking about a "a post internet world". I guess extreme global warming is now the more likely doomsday scenario than Global Nuclear War, but something just don't click with me shifting the goalpost on that way with Mad Max. Especially with people still using 1970s cars now instead of newer model bodies. Oh well, back to killin'.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 4, 2015

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Game owns. I think my only complaint is the distinct lack of Australian accents. Like, Max's voice kinda sucks, and I haven't run into any other Aussies. I mean, there were more Australian accents in Borderlands 3.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

mlmp08 posted:

I like that in this game you're getting constant praise for being the most badass driver while likely bonking into poo poo all the time. Meanwhile, no one mentions that Chumbucket is the best marksman in the history of the universe.

As my character belittles Chum at the beginning of the game, I roll his buggy and fishtail and crash into boulders. He hails me as the driver-saint while I accidentally roll the vehicle off of a cliff and abandon him and his burning vehicle repeatedly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crabtree posted:

Looking into more pieces of history I don't know how to take this being the new 52 Max with people around the great snow before the water evaporated talking about a "a post internet world". I guess extreme global warming is now the more likely doomsday scenario than Global Nuclear War, but something just don't click with me shifting the goalpost on that way with Mad Max. Especially with people still using 1970s cars now instead of newer model bodies. Oh well, back to killin'.

I always throught it was a mix of stuff. extreme global warming leads to the inevitable world resources wars and then nukes. that would explain all the "mutants" and people with 12 diffrent cancers. I never understood how long ago the world ended. like 40/50 years? i mean max was part of the old world and i assume the alot of the older people like pink eye and gutgrash saw the end too. idk. overthinking it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 4, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I always throught it was a mix of stuff. extreme global warming leads to the inevitable world resources wars and then nukes. that would explain all the "mutants" and people with 12 diffrent cancers. I never understood how long ago the world ended. like 40/50 years? i mean max was part of the old world and i assume the alot of the older people like pink eye and gutgrash saw the end too. idk. overthinking it.

Don't forget the weird plague virus of people spitting out water and animals like cows, sheep and other more sustainable live stock dying to the point where they have to practically drive dogs and cats to extinction by eating them. The weird mix-mash of more believable elements causing the Wasteland just doesn't sit right with me. Nothing wrong with it, just feels off to not have oil wars then nuclear war instead of a more modern cacophony of catastrophe descend on people in a information age. But Mad Max never has a completely stable lore other than Max was a cop, poo poo was getting bad, his family got killed and he and the rest of the world went Mad. This is likely just par for the course as they never said how far the in the future it was.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 4, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Deakul posted:

Yeah, eh, thanks for the info but I'll pass on using it.
I think the game looks fine as it is really.
Sure thing. If you do want to mess with filtering in game, you can still use the Capture Mode, and play the game in Video Mode with whichever filter you like.

Made some final edits to the SweetFX preset, for whoever wants to use it. You can make any necessary adjustments to the .txt file. Put this in the "SweetFX" folder Be sure to rename the file to "SweetFx_Settings.txt".

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Joe Gillian posted:

Sure thing. If you do want to mess with filtering in game, you can still use the Capture Mode, and play the game in Video Mode with whichever filter you like.

It also lets you change the fov which is neat.

Too bad it's not in the menu. I suppose it messes with the game presets since it cause weird stuff in some situations like when you use the binoculars.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Does this game contain any Fury Road spoilers? I haven't watched it yet (the DVD is coming out in a couple of weeks) and I'd rather go into it not knowing anything about it beyond the numerous catchphrases that are all over the Internet already.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"15 some year overdue sequel with a new cast? Sounds like bullshit!"

Then we get Fury Road.

"Movie game based on an IP coming out the same year as a new movie.. sounds like TOTAL bullshit!"

And now we get this.

.... Mad Max is a franchise that has actually more luck than the title character.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It wasn't always this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_tyv4g-2M

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Blazing Ownager posted:

"15 some year overdue sequel with a new cast? Sounds like bullshit!"

Then we get Fury Road.

"Movie game based on an IP coming out the same year as a new movie.. sounds like TOTAL bullshit!"

And now we get this.

.... Mad Max is a franchise that has actually more luck than the title character.

poo poo, fifteen years, there's 30 years between Thunderdome and Fury Road. Insane when you think about it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

MMAgCh posted:

Does this game contain any Fury Road spoilers? I haven't watched it yet (the DVD is coming out in a couple of weeks) and I'd rather go into it not knowing anything about it beyond the numerous catchphrases that are all over the Internet already.

There is a woman named Hope and Scrotus is a son of Immortan Joe that was never part of Fury Road. Other than saying the Citadel and Immortan Joe exist, this is basically a diverging legend that has almost nothing to do with Fury Road other than incorporate part of it's plots elements into the video game's separate story. Other than hopefully watching the movie before you read any character bios, you should be A-Okay to not be spoiled by the game as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MMAgCh posted:

No.

• Locked thread