Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Put faces on everything, including other faces!

E:

Gorilla Salad posted:

Faces on gifs is the best thing :allears:

I think this is the only time one of those Boston Dynamics pack mules hasn't creeped me right the gently caress out.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

How did he get up there? And more importantly, how did he get down??

There must have been something above him that let him get down. He even could have been wearing a tether for all we know.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Count Roland posted:

There must have been something above him that let him get down. He even could have been wearing a tether for all we know.

You can see his whole shadow at the end and there's no rope visible.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Faces on gifs is the best thing :allears:

Please tell me there is a tumblr or reddit on the intertubes of more of these?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

VendaGoat posted:

Please tell me there is a tumblr or reddit on the intertubes of more of these?

https://www.reddit.com/r/reallifedoodles/

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I gave the show a rewatch as well and the animation didn't hold up well. The backgrounds are fantastic but the animation itself is piss-poor.

The 90s Batman was actually kind of a renaissance for animated television. Nothing looked like it before it came on, and it introduced the idea of actually giving a poo poo about the production design of cartoons. When people saw what they what Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were doing and how popular it was, they realized pumping poo poo out in the Hanna Barbera model wasn't going to cut it anymore.

It was TV animation, and didn't have the money of Disney movies of the time or anything like that, so there are some bad spots and reused cels like you always got with hand drawn cartoons. Newer shows look a lot cleaner and smoother because of digital animation, but I still prefer the feel of the old style. It's easy to look back and see the faults, but for the time it was amazing.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

On the other hand, Beast Wars and Gargoyles and other early-mid 90's cartoons are actually good. So I can watch old rear end cartoons from my childhood and not feel my brain melting inside my head like icecream.

I'm going to use the hell out of this to respond to gibberish

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Practical Demon posted:

The 90s Batman was actually kind of a renaissance for animated television. Nothing looked like it before it came on, and it introduced the idea of actually giving a poo poo about the production design of cartoons. When people saw what they what Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were doing and how popular it was, they realized pumping poo poo out in the Hanna Barbera model wasn't going to cut it anymore.

It was TV animation, and didn't have the money of Disney movies of the time or anything like that, so there are some bad spots and reused cels like you always got with hand drawn cartoons. Newer shows look a lot cleaner and smoother because of digital animation, but I still prefer the feel of the old style. It's easy to look back and see the faults, but for the time it was amazing.

The show was farmed out to like six different Japanese animation companies so the animation quality would vary wildly from show to show. Some were pretty good some were abysmal.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

zoux posted:

The show was farmed out to like six different Japanese animation companies so the animation quality would vary wildly from show to show. Some were pretty good some were abysmal.

Well, yeah, but that's true of pretty much every animated show in the last thirty years. Saying the animation was 'piss-poor' just struck me as saying they didn't really try. They were at least going for something, which was really different at the time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Practical Demon posted:

Well, yeah, but that's true of pretty much every animated show in the last thirty years. Saying the animation was 'piss-poor' just struck me as saying they didn't really try. They were at least going for something, which was really different at the time.

No, AKON studios were fired by WB Animation for being so lovely. It wasn't a case of reaching far and failing, some of these animation studios were complete garbage.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

zoux posted:

No, AKON studios were fired by WB Animation for being so lovely. It wasn't a case of reaching far and failing, some of these animation studios were complete garbage.

Yeah, I'm aware not every episode of the show was made equal and some are embarrassing dips in quality. I was talking about the producers' intentions and what they succeeded in doing for the most part with the overall series.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Practical Demon posted:

Yeah, I'm aware not every episode of the show was made equal and some are embarrassing dips in quality. I was talking about the producers' intentions and what they succeeded in doing for the most part with the overall series.

Yeah, those guys built what would eventually become the extremely successful Timmverse out of absolutely nothing, and they did it by taking big risks and doing things nobody else at the time was doing, like drawing all of their backgrounds starting with black paper instead of white.

The fact that we can look back on it and be like "well that chunk of animation doesn't really look as good as we've come to expect these days" is in part thanks to a foundation they helped build.

Sorry, I've just got a huge boner for BTAS, it's really goddamn good.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This is perfect.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This guy is loving FIRED.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

cloudchamber posted:

You can see his whole shadow at the end and there's no rope visible.

Huh, right you are, I missed those frames. Filming it with his drat phone, so he's not even using that arm for balance. Christ.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/t7jjj8b.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Practical Demon posted:

What left the biggest impression on me was that they painted everything on black paper instead of white. It makes so much sense, especially for Batman.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/l4I8tvN.webm

http://i.imgur.com/7LYMP00.webm

http://i.imgur.com/I14vhDm.webm

http://i.imgur.com/XsDasCA.webm

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

This doesn't loop where you think it does.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dudes in the back are hella indecisive.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Where's this from?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Shageletic posted:

Where's this from?

Turbo kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh23-rQUi5U

I still love this trailer :allears:

This is the future. This is the year... 1997.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

zoux posted:

This guy is loving FIRED.

oh. yeah.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/8Ni4SyO.webm

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

:stonk:

Though I can't help but think this is totally ripping off P.J.'s King Kong fight scene.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

... so why aren't we getting a Planet Hulk movie again?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stare:
:jiggled:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Face Oddity?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Do frogs even HAVE wieners, or is it just all cloaca down there?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I think I've finally lost my goddamned mind. I can't stop laughing at the .gifs with squiggly faces. Please post more.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... so why aren't we getting a Planet Hulk movie again?

The CGI is too expensive for a movie they don't expect to make Avengers money, so instead they made an animated one that's pretty good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483025/

Dr. MonkeyThunder has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos