Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Fans posted:

This is like. 95% of all bases. Just gotta know how to get in is all.

Right now bases have either 1 or 3 capture points, all of which are meant to be captured by infantry. I think it would be a fun experiment if there were a base where a point were capturable by air, and a different base where a point were capturable by vehicles. People point out that non-infantry stuff is pointless for capturing bases, and that's absolutely true, but it would be neat if they could play more of a role in certain bases / situation.

If it comboed with the ANT / NTU / whatever they're maybe gonna introduce if they ever patch this dead game, it could make things interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-9-4.232318/

quote:

Cut off regions no longer contribute towards territorial control percentage required to capture the continent; this also applies to alert victories

Slowly but surely making cutting of territory worth a drat

E

quote:

This also represents a small mechanic change with three-way fights, the third faction can now steal total capture progress from the original attacking force

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 4, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
yessss new guns tomorrow

can't wait to try out the mjolnir in a fight

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
this game is dead lol *daybreak pushes content patch*

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
hail satan

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

quote:

Fixed issue where when two or missiles were locked onto your vehicle and you use flares to drop them, the lock on audio would persist forever.

Good night sweet prince. :unsmith:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Base turret kills now count towards launcher directive kills. I use those things all the time! :getin:

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
who cares about the new patch, now the game is truly dead because the DA stat site is hosed.
rip 1600 ivi score and 6 kdr. i guess it's time to play the objective lmao

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I've been using this site for ages instead for all my pointless stat needs.

http://auraxis.info

It you liked all the spergy DA stats though, you're out of luck.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fans posted:

I've been using this site for ages instead for all my pointless stat needs.

http://auraxis.info

It you liked all the spergy DA stats though, you're out of luck.

What's "farm factor?"

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If 50% of your XP comes from kills and assists you've a farm factor of 1. The higher it is the more you're farming kills instead of doing literally anything else.

It's not that important really.

I have a Farm Factor of 0.254 on MostlyFans, because I'm guessing shared vechicle XP doesn't count as a kill and I live in Harassers and Sunderers. Also it turns out leading a Squad gives a poo poo ton of XP.

Fans fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 4, 2015

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

who cares about the new patch, now the game is truly dead because the DA stat site is hosed.
rip 1600 ivi score and 6 kdr. i guess it's time to play the objective lmao

aw buddy

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fans posted:

If 50% of your XP comes from kills and assists you've a farm factor of 1. The higher it is the more you're farming kills instead of doing literally anything else.

It's not that important really.

I have a Farm Factor of 0.254 on MostlyFans, because I'm guessing shared vechicle XP doesn't count as a kill and I live in Harassers and Sunderers. Also it turns out leading a Squad gives a poo poo ton of XP.

Well, I play Light Assault more than any other class combined and all you do with that class is kill things so that's probably why.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Holiday Weekend Patch Day Extravaganza

NEW EMPIRE SPECIFIC ANTI VEHICLE WEAPONS (MBT/HARASSER)
  • NC - M96 Mjolnir: Affectionately referred to as "The Boombox" by many NC soldiers, the Mjolnir's burst fire explosive rounds excel against armored targets in close quarters engagements.
  • TR - MR11 Gatekeeper: Based on a modified Fracture design, the Gatekeeper retains the feel of its forerunner but incorporates a faster fire rate and projectile speed while increasing overall accuracy.
  • VS - Aphelion VEX-4: This experimental laser weapon can tear through enemies with sustained fire, but an interesting side effect causes a build-up of residual energy while firing that can be harnessed into a devastating blast.
NEW NS LOCK-ON ROCKET LAUNCHER
  • NS R3 Swarm: The three round clip-fed NSR3 Swarm's relatively low velocity lock-on rockets are capable of tracking targets for an extended period of time. Variable fire modes provide the user extended control over missile velocities, allowing them to tailor the strength of the weapon to their engagement.
UI
  • Lock-on missiles in air actively tracking you now have unique audio and hud element; additionally the number of missiles actively tracking you is now displayed on the HUD.
  • Large outposts will now display capture progress differently, there is no more half way point, the capture progress will be displayed and a constant tug of war bar. This also represents a small mechanic change with three-way fights, the third faction can now steal total capture progress from the original attacking force. Once we are confident this is a positive change all small outposts and facilities will be switched over to it as well.
  • Missions that direct you to a base now have god beams.

GAMEPLAY
  • Cut off regions no longer contribute towards territorial control percentage required to capture the continent; this also applies to alert victories

BALANCE CHANGES

Tank primary weapon projectile velocities have been increased to match the armor piercing velocity:
  • Vanguard: Titan-150 HE projectile velocity increased from 175 to 275
  • Vanguard: Titan-150 HEAT projectile velocity increased from 250 to 275
  • Prowler: P2-120 HE projectile velocity increased from 175 to 250
  • Prowler: P2-120 HEAT projectile velocity increased from 225 to 250
  • Magrider: Supernova VPC projectile velocity increased from 175 to 225
  • Magrider: Supernova PC projectile velocity increased from 200 to 225
  • Lightning: L100 Python HE projectile velocity increased from 175 to 225
  • Lightning: L100 Python HEAT projectile velocity increased from 200 to 225

Striker changes:
  • ADS COF recoil decreased from 0.2 to 0.1
  • ADS Standing COF decreased from 0.5 to 0.25
  • ADS crouch walking COF decreased from 1.0 to 0.5
MISC
  • Created a new directive under basic to join an outfit, add 10 friends, and unlock the outfit decal item.
BUG FIXES
  • Player shield bug speculative fix. PS-1165[1]
  • Resupplying at a terminal and immediately cloaking causes cloaking to be unable to be manually turned off. PS-1545[2]
  • AM7 Archer sounds muffled when holding breath. PS-1532[3]
  • Sensor shield 4 does not work when within 20 meters of a motion sensor. PS-1485[4]
  • Fixed issue with Eclipse VE3A (and a number of other guns) not remaining in loadout when switching continent and log-in. PS-1292[5]
  • Player Studio decal polish.
  • Composite Armor decal fixes. PS-735[6]
  • Fixed issue where base Turret Kills/Vehicle Kills didn't count towards Launcher Directive/Medals. PS-1610[7]
  • Fixed issue where character would continuously firing their weapon in 3P if fired his weapon before entering and exiting a cloaked Sunderer.PS-844 seems to be the closest, although old[8]
  • Fixed issue where when two or [more] missiles were locked onto your vehicle and you use flares to drop them, the lock on audio would persist forever.
  • Misc art fixes to various decals, helmets, foliage, etc.
  • Fixed issue where the default voice pack could not be re-equipped once the user equips another VO pack. PS-1511[9]
  • Fixed issue where the Eclipse VE3A didn't stay in the vanu light assault loadout, it reverts to default. [I'm having a deja-vu here...]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I would like them to add HUD element for nearby grenades.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nookovian-Red posted:

Striker changes:
  • ADS COF recoil decreased from 0.2 to 0.1
  • ADS Standing COF decreased from 0.5 to 0.25
  • ADS crouch walking COF decreased from 1.0 to 0.5

The gently caress does recoil do for a launcher that fires lock-on rockets?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Nookovian-Red posted:

Holiday Weekend Patch Day Extravaganza

Wait, so are they doing that thing again where they push out a patch with a bunch of gameplay changes and then all go home for a holiday weekend without waiting to see what bugs crop up? :allears:

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002

Keeshhound posted:

Well the striker isn't a standard lock-on anymore its a fire and forget. I'm guessing this just makes mag dumps with the striker more consistent? Maybe it makes hip firing at ground more effective? Not sure though, haven't used the striker since it changed its playstyle from being a better annhilator.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Wait, so are they doing that thing again where they push out a patch with a bunch of gameplay changes and then all go home for a holiday weekend without waiting to see what bugs crop up? :allears:

Yep. Maybe they'll dole out some OT for the inevitable saturday hotfix crew? Probably not... Labor Day weekend is kinda a big deal here in the states. Its like they've never heard of read-only friday.

Edit: That said I didn't notice anything glaringly wrong on PTS the few times I've been on in the past week to test the new vehicle secondaries. So hopefully nothing major crops up?

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 4, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nookovian-Red posted:

Well the striker isn't a standard lock-on anymore its a fire and forget. I'm guessing this just makes mag dumps with the striker more consistent? Maybe it makes hip firing at ground more effective? Not sure though, haven't used the striker since it changed its playstyle from being a better annhilator.

That's what I meant; in it's current state, as long as you're aiming close to the target the homing function should do the rest. A recoil of .2 shouldn't make much of a difference.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The Striker still only homes in on nearby airborne targets, right? Ground vehicles still require manual aim, so any buff to being able to dump a mag more accurately is welcome.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Mjolnir is good and fun and has a surprisingly long useful range.

Aphelion is irrelevant unless they're using the wave which makes it really scary.

I didn't get to bother the TR yet. :(

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

So what is the general consensus on the new weapons? I am very tempted to pick up the new launcher as I just love annoying vehicles/aircraft with random lock-on missiles from nowhere but I am on the fence about the new MBT secondaries. I am thinking I may pick up the Mjolnir for my max stealth Harasser.

How much Daybreak cash are they wanting for the Swarm launcher anyway?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wait the new AV weapons are 550 certs? That HAS to be a pricing error, better buy them quick before DBG hotfixes them to be 1000 certs.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

It doesn't coyote-in to ground targets. This makes it so it's better at hitting ground targets at long range I guess.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
how ridiculous is the vanguard + mjolnir

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

Very. :smithicide:

https://twitter.com/planetside2/status/639831279232544768

quote:

What better way to celebrate the weekend than with Double Experience for everyone? Starts tomorrow for both PC and PS4!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I can't wait for everyone to mispronounce that word. But it can't be as bad as "martyrdom" was in CoD4

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
m'jolenear!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

All i care about for the DA site was tracking my auraxiums which is one of the few reasons i still play this game.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Mew Mew

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mjolnir thermals cost 500 certs, VS and TR cost 200.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Leal posted:

Wait the new AV weapons are 550 certs? That HAS to be a pricing error, better buy them quick before DBG hotfixes them to be 1000 certs.

I saw exactly that and rapidly bought all 3. Had to rapidly retrain myself to get in close with the vanny rather than snipe, though.

Cobalt at least is absolutely making GBS threads the bed tonight, dunno about the other ones.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Clamps McGraw posted:

I saw exactly that and rapidly bought all 3. Had to rapidly retrain myself to get in close with the vanny rather than snipe, though.

Cobalt at least is absolutely making GBS threads the bed tonight, dunno about the other ones.
Miller too, Emerald had a few Hossin crashes.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

A guy was spawn camping with 75% in a Biolab. I killed him while he was poo poo talking in yell.

This is why I shotgun:
[TELL] [Vigils]: seriously a Higby shotgun
You told Vigils: salty bra?
[TELL] [Vigils]: trash bro
You told Vigils: Get over it.
[TELL] [Vigils]: get good Professional
You told Vigils: I would say to get salty, but it looks like you already are.
[TELL] [Vigils]: salty is pulling a shotgun because you cant aim for Higby Nanites
You told Vigils: whatever helps you sleep are night shitter. Next time try paying attention.
You told Vigils: I could have loving knifed you at that range.
[TELL] [Vigils]: im not the one pulling a shotgun like a Higby nerd
[TELL] [Vigils]: AOD Nanites TIER
You told Vigils: No, you're the one crying in tells because he died in a video game.
You told Vigils: You can make up whatever excuse you want, but you died because you weren't paying attention
[TELL] [Vigils]: crying ? so your a Professional in game that cant aim and has to use the Nanites tier guns to get kills
You told Vigils: QQ
You told Vigils: more,
You told Vigils: your
You told Vigils: tears
You told Vigils: sustain
You told Vigils: me
[TELL] [Vigils]: Higby autism Professional
[TELL] [Vigils]: ohh i gotta use a shotgun qqqqqq
[TELL] [Vigils]: cant aim cause im a AOD Nanites TIER
You told Vigils: Is it really so difficult to accept that you misplayed by zoning out while reloading? Are you like 12?
[TELL] [Vigils]: are you so Higby stupid you have to pull a shotgun. like 5 year old
[TELL] [Vigils]: 2.5 k/d. Stop playing like a dumpster Professional
You told Vigils: so you just lost to a 5 year old?
You told Vigils: HELP, HELP I NEED AN ADULT
You told Vigils: MY UNCLE WORKS AT SONY HE'LL GET YOU BANNED
[TELL] [Vigils]: you should just kill yourself

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!
Xae that is some premier tear harvesting. In my 80,000+ sniper kills I have maybe once gotten someone that mad at me. Well done sir, keep up the good fight

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

Mustarde posted:

Xae that is some premier tear harvesting. In my 80,000+ sniper kills I have maybe once gotten someone that mad at me. Well done sir, keep up the good fight

Gotta do point blank sniping, that always rustles the jimmies.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
Ok so the servers are down but apparently people suspect that the PTS LMG changes are in effect on live.

i.e. no Beetlejuice 0.75 ADS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3jopxw/no_more_075_for_betelgeuse_buffed_butcher/

:lol::lol:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nookovian-Red posted:

Ok so the servers are down but apparently people suspect that the PTS LMG changes are in effect on live.

i.e. no Beetlejuice 0.75 ADS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3jopxw/no_more_075_for_betelgeuse_buffed_butcher/

:lol::lol:

Lmao, I guess just one buff to HAs wasn't enough. Now every VS LMG is as accurate as an AR only with less bloom!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I still had 0.75 with my Orion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
stuck at 94% loading then crash HIGBY I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS

• Locked thread