Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe you accidentally "marked" those posters? Is it random or is it just specific posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

notZaar posted:

Maybe you accidentally "marked" those posters? Is it random or is it just specific posters?

Ah-hah! Well that was easy, that was exactly right. I'd never even noticed the mark/unmark feature before. Must've been accidentally hitting it while trying to read one person's posts at a time in Mafia threads.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Does anyone else have seemingly random lockups in the app? Not entirely sure what's causing it, but it happens in my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, so I don't think it's a hardware thing.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah-hah! Well that was easy, that was exactly right. I'd never even noticed the mark/unmark feature before. Must've been accidentally hitting it while trying to read one person's posts at a time in Mafia threads.

I've accidentally done the exact same thing for the exact same reason :)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Does anyone else have seemingly random lockups in the app? Not entirely sure what's causing it, but it happens in my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, so I don't think it's a hardware thing.

Yeah, when I am scrolling down and hit a gif it will sometime lock up.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Awfulapp crashes all the loving time on my tablet, nexus 7 is that normal? It used to just happen pages with lots of gifs or images and poo poo but now it happens even in dumb short GBS threads halp ):

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Do you guys with the crashes have 'send username in crash reports' enabled in the settings? Because I can't see anything with y'all's usernames

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I do, but on my "locks up while scrolling down and loading a gif" issue it doesn't crash, I have to force close the app by opening recent apps and swiping it away.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm getting lockups like that in a few other apps as well, so I'm going to blame webview.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

baka kaba posted:

Do you guys with the crashes have 'send username in crash reports' enabled in the settings? Because I can't see anything with y'all's usernames

I assumed those when to Google, not the app dev. I can start sending them if it helps

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

maniacdevnull posted:

I assumed those when to Google, not the app dev. I can start sending them if it helps
iirc they do go to Google, but the developer of that app can pull them up

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Can we get a "Never open links" setting? I keep hitting the "always open links" when opening images or w/e and having to go into the settings to undo it. :downs:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Honestly I feel like that might be better as a settings toggle anyway

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Or keep the setting like it is in the settings but remove it from the context menu.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah I forgot that was even there (even though duh), I'm giving it a go

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Ok I sent over a few crash reports, on a few occasions it wouldn't load the keyboard :pwn: so I wasn't able to comment

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

Ok I sent over a few crash reports, on a few occasions it wouldn't load the keyboard :pwn: so I wasn't able to comment

Working as intended.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know why awful tells me that I'm not logged in mid page load? If I clear the cache the issue goes away temporarily but it often gets to a point where I have to clear the data to get it working again. This happens on my phone (z3 compact) and nexus 7.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

bull3964 posted:

I'm getting lockups like that in a few other apps as well, so I'm going to blame webview.

Same. After the latest webview update I've gotten lockups in a couple apps.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

maniacdevnull posted:

Still nothing - are you on the beta or the store version? I'm not sure how Sereri's running this, but I can only see the Crashlytics stuff which needs you to set 'send username' in the Settings (under the Accounts menu)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been sending my crash reports too, I tend to get them in threads with lots of images and generally I freeze mid-scroll. Also I have the thing checked that sends my username with it.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

baka kaba posted:

Still nothing - are you on the beta or the store version? I'm not sure how Sereri's running this, but I can only see the Crashlytics stuff which needs you to set 'send username' in the Settings (under the Accounts menu)

YggiDee posted:

I've been sending my crash reports too, I tend to get them in threads with lots of images and generally I freeze mid-scroll. Also I have the thing checked that sends my username with it.

Same. I have the checkbox checked and am sending reports. It's nearly always mid-scroll, but sometimes it happens in threads with mostly text but one person will have an animated gif avatar on the screen. I am running the market version in Awful, I'm not in the beta or on a old version.

Weird.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Just got given a droid device. Searching for this, I found two - Awful and Awful Legacy. What's the difference?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Javid posted:

Just got given a droid device. Searching for this, I found two - Awful and Awful Legacy. What's the difference?

Awful Legacy is an old, abandoned version. Get Awful.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Javid posted:

In computing, a legacy system is an old method, technology, computer system, or application program, "of, relating to, or being a previous or outdated computer system."[1]Often a pejorative term, referencing a system as "legacy" often implies that the system is out of date or in need of replacement.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Just got a Droid Turbo and installed Awful, but I can't log in- I just get login failed. The same credentials work on my computer, and I'm triple checking to make sure I put them in right.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Dodoman posted:

Anyone know why awful tells me that I'm not logged in mid page load? If I clear the cache the issue goes away temporarily but it often gets to a point where I have to clear the data to get it working again. This happens on my phone (z3 compact) and nexus 7.

Anybody?

Grey Elephants posted:

Just got a Droid Turbo and installed Awful, but I can't log in- I just get login failed. The same credentials work on my computer, and I'm triple checking to make sure I put them in right.

I doubt this is the same issue I'm experiencing but try clearing the cache for Awful and then logging in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dodoman posted:

Anybody?

Happened to me for the first time ever yesterday, clearing cache didn't do anything, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it hasn't been a problem since.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Not Logged In is an ongoing issue unfortunately! Hopefully people aren't actually getting logged out anymore though, and closing the app (swiping it away) and reopening it should be enough to get it working immediately instead of waiting for a minute. Unless the forum is having problems, not much you can do about that

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there a way to delete private messages through the app? I play forums mafia here and occasionally need to delete my inbox to make room for more, but couldn't do it without turning off the app as default for web browsers and deleting them through chrome.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

baka kaba posted:

Not Logged In is an ongoing issue unfortunately! Hopefully people aren't actually getting logged out anymore though, and closing the app (swiping it away) and reopening it should be enough to get it working immediately instead of waiting for a minute. Unless the forum is having problems, not much you can do about that

This is good to know because I thought it was a phantom bug which struck me only.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there a way to delete private messages through the app? I play forums mafia here and occasionally need to delete my inbox to make room for more, but couldn't do it without turning off the app as default for web browsers and deleting them through chrome.

Too many pm's going on between you and your scum buddies?
##vote The Ninth Layer

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just had the lock up whole scrolling down with a gif playing bug. Waited long enough and it let me submit a crash report. Should have my forum name in it. Hope it helps!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Internet Explorer posted:

Just had the lock up whole scrolling down with a gif playing bug. Waited long enough and it let me submit a crash report. Should have my forum name in it. Hope it helps!

Stop using Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

spankmeister posted:

Stop using Internet Explorer

But I hear it's much better these days!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I've been trying to submit those for a while and I don't think they ever go through :(

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

But I hear it's much better these days!

They'll sell you the whole browser, but you'll only need the Edge!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Dodoman posted:

This is still happening to me, I'm on a nexus 7. It'll tell me I'm not logged in, and then when I log in, it won't load any pages for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Google pushed a webview update to the play store today, hopefully that'll solve those random lockups.