Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Is someone gonna :justpost: a release thread next week?

Macaluso posted:

Playtonic Games SMM stream happening right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

They seem to having someone actually competent playing right now

edit: They're also talking about how they designed the levels which is really cool. And how they teach the player how the stage works as you play it

This is a proclick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a youtube upload. Their levels are a cut above most of the other ones you've likely seen, as you might expect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct51yd4LNgw

It seems to be private now. Is there another link you can post?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

all the costumes in image form:

waluigi and slippy are probably the best. go kart mario is really good though

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No Daisy? :wtf:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Daisy not being in means no Super Mario Land representation.

On the other hand, gently caress Daisy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw5g0m6pC1I

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

its more important to play as the wii fit balance board than daisy, sorry

this is a good level

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol if you haven't preloaded your digital copy and ordered your free companion booklet yet

I must have messed something up since I preordered a week ago and never got anything about ordering it :\.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

"Mario number two!"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

We should have a Google doc or form or something where people can submit their level codes.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Macaluso posted:

Playtonic Games SMM stream happening right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

They seem to having someone actually competent playing right now

edit: They're also talking about how they designed the levels which is really cool. And how they teach the player how the stage works as you play it

Oh my god they're showing the fact that it is possible to design levels that aren't bullshit.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
After playing SMB3 and world, slopes would sure be nice

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Daisy not being in means no Super Mario Land representation.

On the other hand, gently caress Daisy

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PirateDentist posted:

I must have messed something up since I preordered a week ago and never got anything about ordering it :\.

Call the number on your digital receipt and they will ask for your Nintendo Network ID and then you will give them an address and you will get your book! I think it's the same number so here's the one I have: 1 (855) 236-4298

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Took Friday off to play super mario maker all day commemorate all those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im going to build the mario 9/11 stage

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I will make the greatest Mario stage in honor and memory of the new York firefighters

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Nintendo is going to have to filter any stage with 9/11, towers, or terrorist in the stage name for like a month.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nftyw posted:

Nintendo is going to have to filter any stage with 9/11, towers, or terrorist in the stage name for like a month.

"memorial to the fallen" where there is a tower of brick blocks filled with goombas and then you hit a P switch and all of the koopahs fall out of the sky

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Little Mac posted:

We should have a Google doc or form or something where people can submit their level codes.

I made a sheet for this. I'll post it up on Wednesday.

I might start a new thread too.

Edit:

blablablabla posted:

Took Friday off to play super mario maker all day commemorate all those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks

Wii forgot.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 6, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fire Flower balls can't melt ? Blocks.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
They should NOT have released the game on that day. Miiverse already makes these kinds of joke year round; this is just giving them fuel...

So, how many of you are going to time travel to unlock everything as soon as possible? I sure am not waiting days to get a fully functional Super Mario Maker.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying to see if I can design a fun stage within the confines of the limitations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spectacle Rock posted:

They should NOT have released the game on that day. Miiverse already makes these kinds of joke year round; this is just giving them fuel...

yeah well it still can't melt steel beams.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kelp Plankton posted:

all the costumes in image form:

waluigi and slippy are probably the best. go kart mario is really good though

Finally Somari is a reality.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Best 9/11 themed Mario level contest will have to wait a year sadly

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Super Squid Bros.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Now we just need a video where they show off every costume's death and level complete themes. And also have every costume pose, because apparently most leakers forget that feature exists completely

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

blablablabla posted:

Best 9/11 themed Mario level contest will have to wait a year sadly

Every day is 9/11 if you believe.

Alternately do it on November 9th.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Color Printer posted:

Now we just need a video where they show off every costume's death and level complete themes. And also have every costume pose, because apparently most leakers forget that feature exists completely

this is the sort of obsessive documentation that gamexplain thrives on so im sure we'll see that come release day

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is the sort of obsessive documentation that gamexplain thrives on so im sure we'll see that come release day

My favorite part of their coverage is how terrified Andre is of breaking embargo.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Kelp Plankton posted:

Look, I need to see every Amiibo costume's swimming animation before I know if this product is for me.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I just wanted to hear the music choices and sound effects but I'm sure they'll show every animation and also underwater and also one of them will talk over the whole thing and i'll want to die inside

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Reviewers keep praising sound effects, they are going to get old so fast.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Mario music and sound effects don't affect me when they get repetitive like a lot of other games' sounds do. Those sound effects (excepting maybe the New U sounds) are all completely ingrained into my psyche already so they'll never annoy me.

Mario is a part of me. I am Mario IRL.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Color Printer posted:

Don't forget Toad's dialogue.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Don't forget Toad's dialogue.

Actually I saw a screenshot of Duck Hunt that also had generic dialogue (same as that one screenshot/vid with one of the Pokemon), so there's probably only special comments for Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Toad, etc.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Duck Hunt not having special dialogue is kind of a missed opportunity, the least they could do is have Toad go 'hey neighbor' since every other super mario bros cart also had duck hunt with it

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

blablablabla posted:

After playing SMB3 and world, slopes would sure be nice

stop picking at the scab, I just want to unconditionally love this game and wait for "slope DLC $ 12.99"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
In anticipation of this game, I've started playing through New Super Mario Bros U, which I got as a pack-in with my Wii U but never really played.

It's the perfect way to get hyped for Super Mario Maker, because it has the constant feeling of "I could make way better levels than this."

• Locked thread