Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was watching an old movie called "the bank shot" that had this wicked little ford N600 in it

and that got me researching ford N600s, which led me to this.

which is a ford NLT 950 which is totally fuckin rad. look at the size of that steering wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

The best part of this is the shock diamonds in the exhaust as these guys go flying up the hill.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Enzenx posted:

The best part of this is the shock diamonds in the exhaust as these guys go flying up the hill.

shock diamonds are proof that nature loves metal

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

hey can we just go back to this for a sec

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 5, 2015

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Sticker under hood is, uh, telling

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

hey can we just go back to this for a sec

yeah uh, I would like to know more.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Terrible Robot posted:

yeah uh, I would like to know more.

if I had known it was for sale i would have bought it.

:sweden::hf::911:

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
Not only is it quad turbo but its also running carburetors.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

and that got me researching ford N600s, which led me to this.

which is a ford NLT 950 which is totally fuckin rad. look at the size of that steering wheel.

All cab over trucks belong in this thread. They are truly awesome and only exist because of stupid American laws of the 70's. Most are gone or hidden in some old trucking company's back lot. I have seen one in the past ten years and it is sitting inside a shop's storage near my house surrounded by Mercedes of the W123 variety.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's a funny difference between the US and Europe. In Europe you rarely see anything except cabover trucks, while in the US they seem really rare.

Old cabovers are pretty cool though.

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
Today I went to the Salon Privé event at Blenheim Palace, I've never seen so many super/hyper cars in one place before. Here's a few of the photos that I took:

Among others there were two La Ferrari, 2 Porsche 918, 3 Bugatti Veyron, 2 Bugatti EB110, 2 Jaguar XJ220, 2 Ferrari F40, 1 Maserati MC12, two Ferrari 250 GTO(!), one McLaren F1 GTR, one Ferrari FXX, more Lamboghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins and Paganis that I could count!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
That's the replica DB4 that some UK company will make you if you hand them a DB9 and another 100kGBP, right?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Saw this in thumbnail form searching for something else and thought it was a pretty good image of a roots-type blower.

Then I enlarged it realized that was a guy.

:stare:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Okay, what is that used on? Christ.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I assume that's for a big ship engine.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

They also use Roots blowers for stuff like ventilating mineshafts, so it could be for that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BlackMK4 posted:

Okay, what is that used on? Christ.

Tera horse in the next Mad Max, of course

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
That looks like a rotary screw compressor, so it's probably used in some sort of industrial scenario where they need a lot of compressed gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_screw_compressor

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's for the mid-engined Corvette.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

El Scotch posted:

It's for the mid-engined Corvette.

ITS REALLY COMING THIS TIME, WE SWEAR.

-Motor Trend

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Boat posted:

Saw this in thumbnail form searching for something else and thought it was a pretty good image of a roots-type blower.

Then I enlarged it realized that was a guy.

Fracking fluid compressor?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

Fracking fluid compressor?

marine diesel aux blower

would put money on it

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

I saw this Porsche at my local home improvement store. I wouldn't have parked it next to the cart return though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If I recall correctly that Chevy blew the heads off the block the first time it fired when they tried to see if it would work.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

14 INCH DICK posted:

If I recall correctly that Chevy blew the heads off the block the first time it fired when they tried to see if it would work.
And this surprised how many people, exactly?

edit: obligatory :stare:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Biscuit Joiner posted:

I saw this Porsche at my local home improvement store. I wouldn't have parked it next to the cart return though.

From what I can tell, that is the least likely place for carts to end up in a normal grocery store parking lot.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Biscuit Joiner posted:

I park next to the cart returns because it's one less jackass potentially swinging their door into my car.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i think he was making a joke about the rear spoiler

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

14 INCH DICK posted:

I found a video of the owner talking about it

https://youtu.be/v0qeYd5gcnQ?t=141

D C posted:

From what I can tell, that is the least likely place for carts to end up in a normal grocery store parking lot.

At that store I rarely see carts out in the lot. The grocery store I stopped at after I left there was an entirely different story, carts everywhere in the lot getting blown around by the wind.

Two Finger posted:

i think he was making a joke about the rear spoiler

I wasn't. I've seen people get within 10 or 15 feet of the cart return and give the cart a good shove and hope for the best. I usually try to find a curb to park next to or just park at the far end of the lot to avoid damage. I need the exercise anyway.

Biscuit Joiner fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 6, 2015

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

D C posted:

Dr.Smasher posted:

I park next to the cart returns because it's one less jackass potentially swinging their door into my car.

Save for the local Wal-Mart parking lots, where no place is safe from loose carts, I tend to park next to returns and curbs to avoid getting dinged by someone's door.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Under Suzuki's aero package has been updated for the upcoming WTAC:

Tilton, the current fastest car, also has some new parts:

Really looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

T1g4h posted:

Scrubs, the lot of you.

You can't get much more hardcore than top fuel motorcycle drag racing on dirt.

:colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Do they make turbine sprint cars?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

jamal posted:

Under Suzuki's aero package has been updated for the upcoming WTAC:

Tilton, the current fastest car, also has some new parts:

Really looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

Those front splitters are awesome :h:

Still not as insane as riding a top fuel drag bike on loose soil :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

14 INCH DICK posted:

Do they make turbine sprint cars?

Link

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Those aren't exhausts, they're cooling ducts for the drivers massive balls.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

T1g4h posted:

Still not as insane as riding a top fuel drag bike on loose soil :colbert:

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhmqpnt6vE:nws:

:colbert:

MrYenko posted:

Those aren't exhausts, they're cooling ducts for the drivers massive balls.

I don't know what's crazier, the turbine, the prone driver position, the 4WD or the 6 disc brakes :iiam:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Here's another shot of that turbine sprint, in supermodified trim at the Copper World Classic

I miss the supers and the CWC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZy2JK8PT0

Those cars should never race at tracks larger than a half mile, running them on a mile is insanity.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ohhh yeah. I forgot how nuts those things get when everything goes tits up and they wreck. Alright, fair enough, i'll give you that bit at least :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Found this going through the related videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ5jMuNCx8E