Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Zomborgon posted:

It sounds like a great competitive multiplayer game. One side plays KF2 as normal, though trying to spread out kills, and the other plays reverse-Splatoon.

Somehow be able to import the gore of a level into it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Just tired out the game and :sbahj: this game has the best soundtrack for manz murdering ever conceived by man.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Klaus88 posted:

Just tired out the game and :sbahj: this game has the best soundtrack for manz murdering ever conceived by man.

Uh...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Klaus88 posted:

go play payday 2 son

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Klaus88 posted:

I'm gonna let you continue and all but...

Coolguye posted:

go play payday 2 son

The tracks that Tripwire chose are indeed excellent picks but nothing compared to Simund Viklund's various odes to Cop Genocide. By the way, have you tried turning on the lyrics? :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Alkydere posted:

The tracks that Tripwire chose are indeed excellent picks but nothing compared to Simund Viklund's various odes to Cop Genocide.
hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIf7sIQ73ok

if you're not rocking out by a minute into this then you're loving dead to me

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 6, 2015

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Coolguye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIf7sIQ73ok

if you're not rocking out by a minute into this then you're loving dead to me

It's the music I set for every single level and a guy I play with just doesn't understand and that bums me out.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

It's the music I set for every single level and a guy I play with just doesn't understand and that bums me out.

Well I agree with him.

You should mix in some Super Sledge, and Big Bank should always be Ode to Greed since that song was made for that level. Gotta have variety.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Coolguye posted:

go play payday 2 son

yeah sorry the best part of the KF2 soundtrack is muting it and playing something else while you commence with zed murder.

It's actually funny for me to review my Shadowplay clips before giffing because I'm always hearing 15 seconds of a song and trying to figure out what I was listening to that night

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Psion posted:

yeah sorry the best part of the KF2 soundtrack is muting it and playing something else while you commence with zed murder.

knowledge.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

yikes

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah Payday 2's soundtrack is just too great to not have it on the background in any kind of wave shooter. Evil Eye is even my ringtone.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I gotta say despite not really like Firebug in KF1, it's completely pried me away from The One True Class (support). I just love setting everything on fire, and having a shotgun that looks like it has exploding shells that also set enemies on fire on high settings is loving great.

Also the microwave gun is a little sci-fi for me but the alt-fire is great

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I've been fooling around as Demo, and I think he's fantastic. Granted the grenade pistol is pretty useless and he doesn't have much in terms of dealing with individual trash mobs, but the fast that his rocket launcher makes scrakes' heads pop when you're at point blank and knocks them back like ragdolls makes him fantastic as a general zed killer.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
How much crossover content is there? I know of the chivalry stuff but I also have a German character who I never see anyone else use that mentions Red Orchestra in his description.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.

Azran posted:

Yeah Payday 2's soundtrack is just too great to not have it on the background in any kind of wave shooter.

"Now we run" is my personal favorite, but yeah. Killing Floor 2's is alright, I enjoy it, but it's no Payday.

Been playing KF2 during the free weekend, and I'm gonna have to talk myself out of buying it when it's over. I've been loving the Firebug. It's a perfect fit for someone who's not the most accurate at shooters, and perhaps panics a bit easy. Normally I do those lovely little controlled bursts, until i turn around and there's like 20 clots, crawlers and gorefasts behind me and then I burn everything I can see.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Metrohunter posted:

How much crossover content is there? I know of the chivalry stuff but I also have a German character who I never see anyone else use that mentions Red Orchestra in his description.

That is literally it for right now. The RO2 German and the Chivalry long sword and character.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Psion posted:

Sorry but I can't hear you over my custom ingame interactive playlist :smug:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Why isn't Infectious Cadavers in KF2 anyway? Great track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDmgIYuSn8

The version from the band w/ lyrics is only half as good because this song has no use for vocals.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ramsus posted:

Biggest issue besides all of the under leveled people in suicidal/hoe is the menus sometimes not working in game. I found that when the trader menu doesn't work I have to hit escape, click my perk, then go back to trader and it mysteriously works.

This happened to me twice, forcing me to disconnect both times, so thanks for the workaround.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Demo pistol should have been a gyrojet pistol, a modern version of those awkward days in the 50s/60s when we tried slapping rockets onto everything.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Alkydere posted:

Demo pistol should have been a gyrojet pistol, a modern version of those awkward days in the 50s/60s when we tried slapping rockets onto everything.

Coolguye posted:

go play payday 2 son

Ok, second greatest soundtrack to accompany manz murder then.

Paydays usually a bit too frantic for me to properly appreciate their soundtrack though. :smithicide:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Aren't Bolters more of an automatic grenade launcher? As in the mechanism is basically that of a really big bullet in the chamber with an explosive warhead? Basically a fully-auto bloop launcher.

A gyrojet would be more like a pistol version of an RPG, with a rocket inside a large-caliber pistol shell. No initial impulse. Everyone experimented with them in the crazy days of the 50s/60s when rockets and jets were the big new thing and had to be put into everything (build a car with a jet engine in it, melt anyone riding your bumper with the exhaust!). They were found to be hilariously expensive, inaccurate and had really weird ballistics compared to standard projectiles that everyone was used to since the projectile left the gun at such a slow velocity and then accelerated en-route. In short the perfect wonky videogame weapon. Also you could have it be semi-auto with 4-5 shots each so the Demo at least has a single weapon that has more than one shot/reload.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Have any of you actually even seen a Gyrojet fired? It's not a loving explosive. It's literally just a rocket propelled bullet that's awkward to handle and reload aim. Rounds for it today are about $50 bucks a pop as well, assuming you can find any. There's even a carbine version of it, but it was such an impractical weapon that there is seriously little wonder it never caught on. I think there may have been just one in Vietnam and I doubt it was used in combat.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

did you seriously bring up practicality in a game with a microwave gun

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Coolguye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtGX_7BsLBk

But microwave guns are actually a solid idea!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

Yes. :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Aren't Bolters more of an automatic grenade launcher? As in the mechanism is basically that of a really big bullet in the chamber with an explosive warhead? Basically a fully-auto bloop launcher.

A gyrojet would be more like a pistol version of an RPG, with a rocket inside a large-caliber pistol shell. No initial impulse. Everyone experimented with them in the crazy days of the 50s/60s when rockets and jets were the big new thing and had to be put into everything (build a car with a jet engine in it, melt anyone riding your bumper with the exhaust!). They were found to be hilariously expensive, inaccurate and had really weird ballistics compared to standard projectiles that everyone was used to since the projectile left the gun at such a slow velocity and then accelerated en-route. In short the perfect wonky videogame weapon. Also you could have it be semi-auto with 4-5 shots each so the Demo at least has a single weapon that has more than one shot/reload.

Bolters are indeed supposed to be legitimately gyrojet, or at least a two-stage variant of it. They have a regular, though relatively weak propellant charge to shoot the projectile out of the weapon, and once it clears the barrel an additional rocket motor on the bullet itself kicks in and accelerates it further along its flight path.
:goonsay:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Only level 13 on 'zerker perk but it feels like bestclass after support. That said, I can't fit the zweihander + microwave gun + a medic gun because weight. I really wish purchasing a different pistol would swap out with your default peashooter like dualwielding does.

Is there a different weapon I should be taking to better support my team in the last few waves than the microwave gun? I primarily use it to save people from fleshpounds they aggro (like idiots) and deal with scrakes quicker than my melee does for now.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Debating whether I should get Chivalry just so I'll always have the zweihander :negative:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

sushibandit posted:

Only level 13 on 'zerker perk but it feels like bestclass after support. That said, I can't fit the zweihander + microwave gun + a medic gun because weight. I really wish purchasing a different pistol would swap out with your default peashooter like dualwielding does.

Is there a different weapon I should be taking to better support my team in the last few waves than the microwave gun? I primarily use it to save people from fleshpounds they aggro (like idiots) and deal with scrakes quicker than my melee does for now.

Get to 20 Berserker, then buy the Zweihander and nothing else. Take the 20 skill that lets your knockdown via headshots. Parrying a Scrake and then heavy-attacking the head usually puts them on the floor. Raining heavy attacks on Pounds will usually also put them on the floor. You run a massive money surplus to help everyone else out with this way.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skoll posted:

Have any of you actually even seen a Gyrojet fired? It's not a loving explosive. It's literally just a rocket propelled bullet that's awkward to handle and reload aim. Rounds for it today are about $50 bucks a pop as well, assuming you can find any. There's even a carbine version of it, but it was such an impractical weapon that there is seriously little wonder it never caught on. I think there may have been just one in Vietnam and I doubt it was used in combat.

The real reason the Gyrojet failed had more to do with shoddy manufacturing than anything, properly made rounds were actually really effective(well assuming it's not a point blank shot, Gyrojets still have issues at ranges before the rocket fully ignites), most rounds that were manufactured tended to be flawed in some manner or another though, often leading to rounds underperforming

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The RPG should weigh 9. That alone would fix up demo a lot IMHO.

That is all.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I take the zwei and the pulv on my zerk. It's just too nice having a crowd melee and an easy way to kill FPs.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

moot the hopple posted:

Debating whether I should get Chivalry just so I'll always have the zweihander :negative:

You should get Chivalry because it's awesome AND you get to be a Knight with a Zwei in KF2.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I still can't decide on what perks to use on pyro and demo, like the ammo and exploding zeds sound like a must have for pyro, but not sure about the rest.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I take the zwei and the pulv on my zerk. It's just too nice having a crowd melee and an easy way to kill FPs.

What's the main difference between zwei and pulv? Does the ammo-bound secondary attack on pulv do more damage? They seem to have the same parry tier, and the zwei definitely has better range and arc on the attacks.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

sushibandit posted:

What's the main difference between zwei and pulv? Does the ammo-bound secondary attack on pulv do more damage? They seem to have the same parry tier, and the zwei definitely has better range and arc on the attacks.

The secondary on the Pulverizer does more damage, and it also adds explosive damage. Pounds are weak to explosions. However, they're also weak to stabbing attacks, which the Zweihander can do.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Inside Out Mom posted:

You should get Chivalry because it's awesome AND you get to be a Knight with a Zwei in KF2.

If you don't want to kill zombies while dressed as a knight shouting SUCH SUSTENANCE then why are you even alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wondering if they'll release the other game exclusive stuff at paid dlc at one point.