Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

That's logan's mind? Where the gently caress is jean??

Optimus Prime is a truck! Have you even seen transformers??

Yes?

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Trukk not gator.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ignite Memories posted:

That's logan's mind? Where the gently caress is jean??

There's a whole wing for her.

I actually half-remember this comic. There were a lot of good gags like that. I think at one point there's a bunch of signs pointing in different directions at a crossroads and one points toward "Things I hate about Scott"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RandomFerret posted:

Optimus Prime is supposed to be a military genius with millions of years of memories. The biggest 5¼‑inch floppy disk held 360kb.

Cybertron has amazing compression algorithms.
Double-sided high-density 5¼" disks were 1.2 MB, only the best for Optimus Prime.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Goddammit, that's the first 3rd party figure I've ever wanted.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

WickedHate posted:

This used to be funny but it just kind of creeps me out now that I recognize Jessica Jones/Jewel.

Jones is in that panel? Mystique, Frost, SG (the most dangerous of all), Spiral and Psylocke. I seem to recall that's Emma spelunking around in there...

Edit: oh poo poo, Jewel did run purple hair.

Edit 2: added #justNemesisthings

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 7, 2015

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Evil Mastermind posted:

You laugh, but the reason Prime's on a floppy is because he entered a video game virtual deathmatch with Megatron (on that kid's supercomputer), and the loser would have their body destroyed. Optimus lost because he went out of his way to save a bunch of video game NPCs even though they weren't real, and he ended up getting blown up.

Nobody knew that the kid saved Prime on disk, and for the next bunch of issues he uses Prime as a character in his video games, and Prime thinks he's just a character in the games.

Yeah.

e:

A good summary, but you got one crucial detail wrong.

So even though Megatron cheats in this game, Optimus still beats him.
However in beating Megatron, he ends up killing some of the computer generated npc's.
So Optimus Prime decides to self terminate as Prime views all digital beings as equal and killing them violates his whole "freedom is the rights of all sentient being" motto.

In short, when Optimus plays Metal Gear, he only does No Kill runs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

However in beating Megatron, he ends up killing some of the computer generated npc's.
So Optimus Prime decides to self terminate as Prime views all digital beings as equal and killing them violates his whole "freedom is the rights of all sentient being" motto.

And this guy is in charge WHY?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

The Lone Badger posted:

And this guy is in charge WHY?

his name is optimus prime

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The only good fan wiki.

"Of course, the whole point is rendered moot when you realize that Optimus Primal's alternate mode is actually an ape, specifically a gorilla, not a monkey.[4] (This has been understood by the humorous users of the term all along, and adds approximately 34.5% of the snide.)"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

The only good fan wiki.

"Of course, the whole point is rendered moot when you realize that Optimus Primal's alternate mode is actually an ape, specifically a gorilla, not a monkey.[4] (This has been understood by the humorous users of the term all along, and adds approximately 34.5% of the snide.)"

Megatron's plan to graft the butt of a crane onto the butt of a missile carrier succeeded beyond expectations.

It's an entire wiki of funny panels! :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please do not diminish the achievements of the videogame nerd faction of Internet Movie Firearm Database

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

The only good fan wiki.

Confirmed for...

Ghostlight posted:

Please do not diminish the achievements of the videogame nerd faction of Internet Movie Firearm Database

Okay, maybe second-best. "It can thus be surmised that the gun functions primarily because it feels sorry for him."

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This exists on TF Wiki.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'm not sure who that is, but holy poo poo is squirrel girl packing! How many nuts does she have crammed in that top?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Here's one of the few really good jokes from Preacher:

Everything else is more or less that :stonklol: you get from the worst parts of South Park.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ghostlight posted:

Frank holds a Makarov PM as an enemy soldier is struck dead by the vileness of his own shirt.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dareon posted:

Here's one of the few really good jokes from Preacher:

Everything else is more or less that :stonklol: you get from the worst parts of South Park.

I always assumed, having saw that panel before reading Preacher, that Jessie was a bad guy and calling his own minions out or something. It's hard to tell if the "greatest champions" part is sarcastic or not out of context, I guess. And he does look kind of evil.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

WickedHate posted:

I always assumed, having saw that panel before reading Preacher, that Jessie was a bad guy and calling his own minions out or something. It's hard to tell if the "greatest champions" part is sarcastic or not out of context, I guess. And he does look kind of evil.

He makes a good Nazi.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Question IRL posted:

In short, when Optimus plays Metal Gear, he only does No Kill runs.

Yeah, but still not the stupidest thing in the Marvel Transformers run.

Not when there's an issue that's essentially an alien version of the Maltese Falcon.

or the Car Wash of Doom but we don't talk about that one.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Boogaleeboo posted:

He makes a good Nazi.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, I can see where that'd come from. For those still not aware of the context, Jesse has just stopped a lynching and unmasked the local chapter of the KKK. It's one of the few unequivocally heroic moments in the series.

And yes, he does make a good Nazi.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dareon posted:

And yes, he does make a good Nazi.

Shhh.... That's Starr, Jessy's main antagonist.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Sizone posted:

Shhh.... That's Starr, Jessy's main antagonist.

I think he was referring to that time an insane Neo-Nazi lady kidnapped Jesse and dressed him in a Nazi uniform so he could "gently caress me hard and call me Eva!"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Also has the best drat summary of Wolverine in existence (first caption).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The timeline on the wiki is pretty funny too.

quote:

The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

from the same page:

This wiki is fantastic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Transformers wiki is great because it's probably the only fandom that really understands and accepts the underlying core of the property they're fans of.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

If only other wikis would embrace this level of snark when reviewing just how insane the backstories of these concepts really are.

Anyway, I suppose we need to get back on topic before this completely derails so here's a funny comic panel.

E is for Extinction #1

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Goddammit, I thought I'd get through this month without being forced to look straight into Scott Summers Nipples.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

Goddammit, I thought I'd get through this month without being forced to look straight into Scott Summers Nipples.

Fixed it for you.

Stupid sexy Cyclops.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Safety first, everybody

edit: no more mutants

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 8, 2015

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Archyduke posted:

Safety first, everybody

My ruby quartz bra is the only thing that keeps my teammates from being killed by my nips! My cursed, mutant, energy-blasting nips!!!!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
No. The world is not yet ready for a mutant with the gift of lactating force beams from the punch dimension.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sentinel Red posted:

No. The world is not yet ready for a mutant with the gift of lactating force beams from the punch dimension.

I think Scott secretly has Mindless One blood in his ancestry.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Archyduke posted:

edit: no more mutants

Scott was Hank Hill all along?!

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dammit, ArmyOfMidgets.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nate's still out playing with that weird Wilson kid. I'll tell you h'what, Emma, that boy just ain't right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Batman's Shameful Secret › Post Funny Panels and/or Scott Summers' Nipples