Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I got Tree Trunk recipe from the second chest type in shop heroes. It requires 10 of the lowest clubs to make. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

What's the opinion on this one?

Edit: never played the board game.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm having fun with Pokemon Shuffle but it feels way more money-hungry than the 3DS version (the math in this article seems to back that up). Still a fun time-waster nonetheless.

Also if anyone's still doing invites for Shop Heroes from the spreadsheet, I've thrown myself on there :shobon:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

I enjoy Pokemon Shuffle. I caught Mew!

MewBro! :hf:

Meanwhile, Wailord continues to tell me to gently caress off.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I'm really loving Door Kickers. I really like how the real time approach keeps you on your toes and playing it comes across as much more intense than a similar turn based game like Breach & Clear (you still plan out your approach at the start of each mission though, but you can pause and switch up on the fly). The game is also quite hard but I've felt all my horrible failures have come from me missing a room or a corner or planning poorly rather than the game being overwhelming or unfair.

As I mentioned in an earlier post the game is compatible with tablets/phabets only but I sideloaded it on my Xperia Z2 and apart from tiny text and some fiddliness with the controls its still entirely playable and fun on a phone with a decent sized screen. The missions are quick and the game loads almost instantaneously so I can see it being a pretty good distraction if you're on the toilet or got a spare 15 minutes or so to waste.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 6, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Table Tennis Touch is on sale for 1 buck and for this price it's a steal.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Shop Heroes Question:
My next build slot opens up at lvl 16. If I buy it with gems, will I simply push back the next upgrade -- or do I still get another slot opened at 16?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
7 bucks for a "pass the ipad" game? good lord. It doesn't even have the ability to let four ipads in the same room play together, although you CAN play single player "if you play as multiple roles".

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

Shop Heroes Question:
My next build slot opens up at lvl 16. If I buy it with gems, will I simply push back the next upgrade -- or do I still get another slot opened at 16?

No it will not :( found this out after buying a slot and moving to level12.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

tater_salad posted:

No it will not :( found this out after buying a slot and moving to level12.

Ouchie. Thanks.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

GodspeedSphere posted:

The actual board game is good. Spend the extra like £15 and get that instead and play with friends.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GodspeedSphere posted:

I played the board game once and didn't like it at all, so you may want to read into it and see if you think you'll like it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So Shop Heroes, I feel like I'm figuring it out now and the game kinda steered me into making Helmets because they're good profit for how easy they are to make but now I am investing all my money back into my workshops. Anyway, is there anything specific to save gems for? +Energy seems really nice.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'd advise against using any gems until 20 or so, the upgrades that cost 5+ million gold are probably the go-to purchase.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Adventure Capitalist finally released an update where you can use your Mega Bucks. 10 Mega Bucks gives you a permanent 777% Mega Boost to any shop.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Dr.Caligari posted:

Adventure Capitalist finally released an update where you can use your Mega Bucks. 10 Mega Bucks gives you a permanent 777% Mega Boost to any shop.

Ugggh I finally quit that a month ago, don't bring me back :mad:

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Added my name to the Shop Heroes spreadsheet. modesix#17784

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Ragequit posted:

Nah, sell them for 700. I always priced at 700 and they were sold within an hour. A stack of 10 will start raking in the money.

This was a good tip. I've had no problem selling them for this much. Very good for someone not far along like me.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
Added myself to the spreadsheet for Shop Heroes for hot tappy action.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
"Our Kim Kardashian game is a real blockbuster with women, but we really need something like it to capture the young adult male demographic."
"Well, what do you suggest we do then?"
"How about we just re-skin our trusty sniping game engine and get some famous action hero to put his face on it."
"An action hero? Like who?"
"I don't know, that Transporter guy?"

Sniper X featuring Jason Statham

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 7, 2015

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

I became increasingly disappointed as read that it wasn't k.k. in a real world war scenario.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

"Our Kim Kardashian game is a real blockbuster with women, but we really need something like it to capture the young adult male demographic."
"Well, what do you suggest we do then?"
"How about we just re-skin our trusty sniping game engine and get some famous action hero to put his face on it."
"An action hero? Like who?"
"I don't know, that Transporter guy?"

Sniper X featuring Jason Statham

I have to ask, is this worth a drat? I know it's free, but if it sucks, I'm not even going to bother to download.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have to ask, is this worth a drat? I know it's free, but if it sucks, I'm not even going to bother to download.

Just try arguing with that :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Just try arguing with that :colbert:

I'll argue with it, after I've put some thort into what I want to say.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Not able to dld in the US anymore drat geographic racists fuckers

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Amelia
Toy Defense
One More Line
Double Dragon Trilogy (BTA)
Autumn Dynasty (BTA)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (BTA)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I played about 3 stages before I decided to quit. It just came across as a cheap copy of Hitman: Sniper (a game which I think is pretty drat good). Jason Statham did call me a "loving idiot" though, which was amusing.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 8, 2015

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Play Store reviews are a special kind of useless. They're either "Five stars, best game EVER" or, "This game crashes on my 12 year old phone, ONE STAR."

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Wendell posted:

Play Store reviews are a special kind of useless. They're either "Five stars, best game EVER" or, "This game crashes on my 12 year old phone, ONE STAR."

They aren't nearly as bad as Amazon Appstore reviews which go into minute detail about every bit of advertising and analytics in the app. Literally people write 300-500 word essays about the fact it has some advertising in it etc.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
My favorite are the self-important weirdos who hold their ratings hostage. "Rated 1 star for now, will give 5 stars once you add [completely unrelated feature]."

Rapner
May 7, 2013

InShaneee posted:

My favorite are the self-important weirdos who hold their ratings hostage. "Rated 1 star for now, will give 5 stars once you add [completely unrelated feature]."

I do that, but only for games that block me entirely because my device is rooted. It's a very lazy anti-hacking measure.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ModeSix posted:

They aren't nearly as bad as Amazon Appstore reviews which go into minute detail about every bit of advertising and analytics in the app. Literally people write 300-500 word essays about the fact it has some advertising in it etc.

the bad part about this is that the people who do this on amazon are morons about it. zillions of android apps are legitimately scummy, but the most visible source i've seen for publicizing this are idiots who run a grep tool through amazon APKs and write a mouth-frothing diatribe about some text strings they found inside the package

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

InShaneee posted:

I love these reviews. So helpful.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Are there any good blogs or sites that recommend games since user reviews are so garbage? I like this thread, but I just want an easy to browse list of games that are worth money or at least not totally hampered by IAP Skinner box mechanics.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Android Police does a fairly comprehensive fortnightly roundup of new Android games that usually steers away from most of the F2P skinner box/Candy Crush/Clash of Clans stuff . Here's a link to the archive (which also includes their non-gaming app roundups): http://www.androidpolice.com/topics/features/best-appsgameslwps-of-the-week/

Droid Gamers is the most well known website dedicated to Android gaming but I think most people here think its average at best. I also keep an eye on Touch Arcade and Pocket Gamer.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 8, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

InShaneee posted:

My favorite are:

Doesn't work on my phone 4 of 5 stars.

Just downloaded and it looks cool 5 stars.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

TVarmy posted:

Are there any good blogs or sites that recommend games since user reviews are so garbage? I like this thread, but I just want an easy to browse list of games that are worth money or at least not totally hampered by IAP Skinner box mechanics.

Jayisgames does in depth reviews, I learned of him on Kongregate but he's very thorough. (and does Android now)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone hanging out for Star Wars: Uprising to come out of soft launch, it'll apparently get a wide release this Thursday.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

For anyone hanging out for Star Wars: Uprising to come out of soft launch, it'll apparently get a wide release this Thursday.

Yay, another game that doesn't work on the phone I bought new three months ago. (Galaxy 5)

I mean it doesn't look /that/ graphically intensive...

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

wall monitor posted:

Yay, another game that doesn't work on the phone I bought new three months ago. (Galaxy 5)

I mean it doesn't look /that/ graphically intensive...
It's not available everywhere yet so it's probably that. On Thursday it'll probably show as compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Random Fighters is a new puzzle/fighting game that seems pretty cool. The game sees you uncovering icons on a board to make patterns that launch attacks, which makes a nice change from the typical match 3 format.

edit: eh, I think I'll take another look when they implement a way to get rid of the unskippable video ads.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 8, 2015