Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Snak posted:

In my ending he was dead as gently caress, so I assume that Nilfgaardian interest in Ciri died with him.

In my ending Geralt is off with Triss living the good life attached to a kings court after teaching Ciri a bit more about witchering. The Emperor and his spy network can sit there with their blue balls wishing they could kill Geralt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I know ya'll are talking about the end of the game but my playthrough is going very slowly and I just made it to Skellige. It's so big, I'm never going to finish this thing.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

I know ya'll are talking about the end of the game but my playthrough is going very slowly and I just made it to Skellige. It's so big, I'm never going to finish this thing.

I only just finished the game today, I bought it.. release day? 97 hours.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Why didn't I do the costume ball mission earlier?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I love that loving bird mask. I just wish Triss would comment on it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Maybe my opinion would be different if I had played the first two games (I have a MacBook Air and Sony consoles, oops), but I thought Triss was really annoying, among other things. Did she know Geralt was in love with her friend for years, but just let him wander around with amnesia for two games while using him as a human sex toy, then got sad when he got his memories back and wanted to find Yen? That was my impression and she got friend zoned at every turn.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

the truth posted:

There is really only one good point for the ending you are talking about. The Empress ending is if Ciri meets her father, while the Witcher ending happens if she doesn't. You only get those if there are enough good choices, otherwise you get the bad ending no matter what. That's my impression after checking out the ending guides and videos this afternoon.
Nah, the guides are wrong: if you also kill Radovid but side with Dijkstra in the end Ciri will not become an empress even if you took her to Emhyr. I did that mission pretty late in my game in comparison to the main quest so I was already way ahead of taking Ciri to Emhyr at that point.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Ending spoilers: Emhyr knows. He's just letting her go, like he did in the books. He's a truly horrible person, but he does love his daughter, in his way.

the truth posted:

Maybe my opinion would be different if I had played the first two games (I have a MacBook Air and Sony consoles, oops), but I thought Triss was really annoying, among other things. Did she know Geralt was in love with her friend for years, but just let him wander around with amnesia for two games while using him as a human sex toy, then got sad when he got his memories back and wanted to find Yen? That was my impression and she got friend zoned at every turn.

You'd probably like her less if you played the previous two games because that's exactly what happened. Complete with her deliberately making Geralt think he and Triss had been in a committed relationship before the amnesia.

The Sharmat fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 8, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the truth posted:

She's way worse if you know what she does before this game

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Like what? A threesome with Dandelion and they all got syphilis Temerian disease?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Sharmat posted:

Witcheress ending spoilers: Emhyr knows. He's just letting her go, like he did in the books. He's a truly horrible person, but he does love his daughter, in his way.
I would spoiler the first part of that sentence too. But also can you get the witcher ending and have Emhyr live anyway? To me it seemed that he knew the situation changed dramatically when it comes to internal politics and the plan to bring Ciri there would give nothing except for risking her life too and shortly after that he's dead so it's not like he can change his mind later anyway.

Also we know Emhyr knew because when Geralt asks "Is this all?" Emhyr answers "No, but you can go anyway." After that Ciri specifically asks Geralt if Emhyr believed him and he answers with "I don't know" which shows the devs' suggest that he may as well know.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the truth posted:

Like what? A threesome with Dandelion and they all got syphilis Temerian disease?

Well, she drugs him to make him sleep with her for starters. She also sells Yennefer out to the Lodge and is complicit in their plan to basically make Ciri into breeding stock for them by forcing her to sleep with some noble. In the first game she tries to trick Geralt into thinking she's the sorceress he's in love with while he has amnesia. She does some other things as well (mostly in the books though) but that's what comes immediately to mind.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Triss also knew enough to strongly suspect the Lodge for what was going on in TW2 but chose not to tell Geralt anything even after he was framed for Kingslaying, beyond a vague unsubstantiated warning not to trust Sile.

Palpek posted:

I would spoiler the first part of that sentence too. But also can you get the witcher ending and have Emhyr live anyway? To me it seemed that he knew the situation changed dramatically when it comes to internal politics and the plan to bring Ciri there would give nothing except for risking her life too and shortly after that he's dead so it's not like he can change his mind later anyway.

Yes. If Nilfgaard wins the war but Geralt doesn't take Ciri to Emhyr, you get Witcheress Ending even though Emhyr returns triumphant to Nilfgaard and slays all his detractors

The Sharmat fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 8, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

The Sharmat posted:

Triss also knew enough to strongly suspect the Lodge for what was going on in TW2 but chose not to tell Geralt anything even after he was framed for Kinglaying, beyond a vague unsubstantiated warning not to trust Sile.
I thought Geralt was more in the poo poo for laying sorceresses.

sorry couldn't pass that up

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It is right and proper for a man to love his sister, and also that witcher he conscripted as a bodyguard.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Geralt should have just stayed with Shani anyways.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I could swear I remember Shani breaking up with Geralt at the end of TW1 no matter what you do. Am I misremembering?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Honestly, I have no idea. It's been a long time since I played. I didn't even remember the Alvin connection in Witcher 3 until I looked it up.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I think it's in the Enhanced Edition, but Shani dumps Geralt because he's sullen and immature. (Good call)

BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnGJ1SD09U

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Extremely short preview for the first expansion.

No idea who the dudes in blue are. That merchant from White Orchard in the prologue is apparently magic. Last name is O'Dimm. That's probably bad.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
Just a teaser, should be a full trailer out at some point.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I think it's in the Enhanced Edition, but Shani dumps Geralt because he's sullen and immature. (Good call)

Says the lady that throws a tantrum when Geralt decides a sorceress is more qualified to handle a magical timebomb like Alvin than a field surgeon.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Extremely short preview for the first expansion.

No idea who the dudes in blue are. That merchant from White Orchard in the prologue is apparently magic. Last name is O'Dimm. That's probably bad.

I wondered why that guy was so ridiculously suspicious-seeming.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I knew it, you have to be magic to have a neverending supply of mandrake cordial.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Palpek posted:

I knew it, you have to be magic to have a neverending supply of mandrake cordial.

Different guy, this is the guy who tells you about Yennifer, not the merchant. He says he's a glass merchant, but he's got no store set up.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ah, my mistake, I completely forgot about that guy.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

GreenNight posted:

Geralt should have just stayed with Shani anyways.

Well speaking of Shani and that new expansion. A few pictures popped up and she's back.

Larger versions are over on the promo page for the expansion.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

havenwaters posted:

Well speaking of Shani and that new expansion. A few pictures popped up and she's back.

Larger versions are over on the promo page for the expansion.

Time to dump Yennefer!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Archer666 posted:

Time to dump Yennefer!

Geralt/Giant Frog 4eva!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

poo poo, good thing my Geralt is single.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

havenwaters posted:

She really let herself go.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I really hope they don't waste time on a short 10 hour expansion establishing a whole new romance subplot, but I'm not optimistic on that count honestly.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Sharmat posted:

I really hope they don't waste time on a short 10 hour expansion establishing a whole new romance subplot, but I'm not optimistic on that count honestly.

Are you kidding me? I'm not sure I would buy and expansion for Witcher Dating Simulator 2015 if it didn't add a new romance plot...

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I could see for Toussaint or something huge like that but I worry this plot's gonna feel rushed as it is. Plus I still feel like the game's totally about the Geralt-Yennefer-Ciri relationship and diluting it more would be a mistake.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

poopzilla posted:

What do you need money for? serious question

Im a massive klepto i guess but i always had plenty of money and the weapons and armor you find is always better than what you can buy. Im on my ng+ now and the first time i felt poor was after i bought ALL the glyph diagrams from some blacksmith. but i still have like 20k and literally nothing to spend it on :smugwizard:

Not really needing the money, tbh. I run around with at least 1000 in my purse and my gear/weapons are stuff I find or craft. Sometimes I'm weak and I buy diagrams and such because hey, they're there and I sure could use the enhanced oil for this kind of monster right now. :v:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Looking forward to the rune word system. That was always fun in Diablo 2.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Sharmat posted:

I could see for Toussaint or something huge like that but I worry this plot's gonna feel rushed as it is. Plus I still feel like the game's totally about the Geralt-Yennefer-Ciri relationship and diluting it more would be a mistake.
I think you're panicking a bit here. If romance happens it will probably be a fling like with Keira that doesn't influence the big choices in the main game and not suddenly a third option as important as Yen and Triss. So something deeper than the Skellige warrior lady but not something that could shake the estabilished plotlines.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

I think you're panicking a bit here. If romance happens it will probably be a fling like with Keira that doesn't influence the big choices in the main game and not suddenly a third option as important as Yen and Triss. So something deeper than the Skellige warrior lady but not something that could shake the estabilished plotlines.

It's described as a new romance option in the article.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_hearts_of_stone

It'll probably be what you describe though.

Also this article, which has more information than the official page for some reason.

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/trailers/479813-preview-the-first-witcher-3-wild-hunt-expansion-pack

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Most important part of that release: if you own the season pass, you'll be able to buy Gwent Decks.

The bad news? The decks are Monsters and Scoia'tael. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Monster Deck has the best art.