Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So if sigmarines are allegedly flesh and blood people from the old world why aren't there any ladeeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Who says there aren't? Have YOU seen under that armor?!

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
You guys should stop being so ablelist; obviously he is hard of hearing and that's the best drat ear trumpet money can buy.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hmm, yes, all that thunder and shouting.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

JcDent posted:

"Tyrant-san, Hivemind-sensei is away, but don't be sad, I can be your koibito!"

On unrelated, more pathetic news:

Apparently some people were arguing how celestially animated warrior spirits/spirit animated armor/whatever the celestials are can blow a horn with a metal mask - and it turned out that the painter had missed the chin opening, and painted it gold.

drat them all.

EDIT: Lol, heraldor.

It looks like he's peering through a telescope.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I'm at work right now and can't really go looking, but I'm sure TFWiki.net has a screenshot somewhere of the scene in the 1986 movie with the faceplated Constructicons blpwing trumpets. That's what this reminds me of--goofy animation from an 80s cartoon designed to sell action figures.

Except even then, Transformers had a far more compelling setting than Age of Sigmar!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Everytime someone posts GW models, I can't get over how poo poo the paint jobs are for studio models.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yeah. They're absolutely tabletop quality, but for "this is awesome you should buy this RIGHT NOW" they're... lacking.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Esser-Z posted:

Yeah. They're absolutely tabletop quality, but for "this is awesome you should buy this RIGHT NOW" they're... lacking.

You forgot that they're selling to people like me people with money and no talent, so it looks awesome enough.

Then you buy a Baneblade and glue the tracks flat on the front.

And yes, I will be surprized if Sigamarites turn out to be flesh and blood. Then again, maybe they're stated to be that already, I just haven't mustered the will to look at the fluff at all.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

You forgot that they're selling to people like me people with money and no talent, so it looks awesome enough.

Then you buy a Baneblade and glue the tracks flat on the front.

And yes, I will be surprized if Sigamarites turn out to be flesh and blood. Then again, maybe they're stated to be that already, I just haven't mustered the will to look at the fluff at all.

Aren't the Stormcasts supposed to be golems or something? Or are they going to go Dragon Age on this and say they're humans sealed into armour and broiled alive with molten metal poured inside. Sort of like, you know, casting miniatures.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
They were originally fairly explicitly soul golems but in the book one removes his helmet and looks human enough to reassure a human villager he's not a monster, so make of that what you will.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Sigmarite eternals are loving space marines. It's gone full circle.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I think my favourite bit about that Stormfront Hornblower is the hideous sword he seems to have swiped off a Cygnaran Junior Warcaster and scrawled runes all over. It's so ... stubby.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Loomer posted:

Sigmarite eternals are loving space marines.
I'm sure someone's already drawn that. :v:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It looks like he's peering through a telescope.

I think it looks like his horn is totally clogged and he is checking what the hell clogged it up.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EVIR Gibson posted:

I think it looks like his horn is totally clogged and he is checking what the hell clogged it up.

"Sigmar drat it, there's another thunderbee stuck in my horn! This is the third time it happened this week!"

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

I think my favourite bit about that Stormfront Hornblower is the hideous sword he seems to have swiped off a Cygnaran Junior Warcaster and scrawled runes all over. It's so ... stubby.

I didn't realize C. S. Forester wrote white supremacist fiction.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

spectralent posted:

They were originally fairly explicitly soul golems but in the book one removes his helmet and looks human enough to reassure a human villager he's not a monster, so make of that what you will.

Is that right before he murdered the villager to save the villager's soul from Chaos?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he accidentally spit a loose tooth up there.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

A gold tooth.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Everytime someone posts GW models, I can't get over how poo poo the paint jobs are for studio models.

I've heard that they've consciously downgraded the studio paint jobs, so new hobbyists are not intimidated by the high quality paint jobs and are not disappointed when they can't match them.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Colonial Air Force posted:

I didn't realize C. S. Forester wrote white supremacist fiction.

Considering how "Stormcast Eternals" is such a bland name that I don't notice when I or someone else calls them Sigmarites or Celestials or whatever, that would work, too.

They can't be flesh and blood, only Sigmar survived the fall of the old world, and he wasn't flesh nor blood

drat, are they even trying to make the realmgate war (urgh) have any character? Or is it just two implacable armies clashing over Elemental Planes of Elements interspersed with Chaos destroying utopian worlds at times to show that poo poo is srs?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is that right before he murdered the villager to save the villager's soul from Chaos?

There's no evidence he didn't, so I am forced to assume yes.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I've heard that they've consciously downgraded the studio paint jobs, so new hobbyists are not intimidated by the high quality paint jobs and are not disappointed when they can't match them.
The army painters and the individual figure painters are different folks. They did that back in 3rd edition though. The models for characters generally have pretty nice paintjobs:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
One of the things that struck me about the most recent Necron Codex was how lovely so many of the models looked. In particular all the Mephrit photos re-used from the...Shield of Baal supplement I think? Those minis were rear end, and definitely did not deserve to be Codex-quality photostock.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Described as "'heroic' as all gently caress in their proportions", TAG miniatures should consider making the heads smalle to hide their lack of face sculpting skills

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is some lazy background cropping.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
The paint job on that Freddy Mercury is incredible.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

It's a kind of magic

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

Described as "'heroic' as all gently caress in their proportions", TAG miniatures should consider making the heads smalle to hide their lack of face sculpting skills

I suddenly feel better about my attempts to mash greenstuff into something approaching a shape I actually intended. Also my own painting skills. Is someone paying for these then?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

Did you ever get a bunch of Army Men when you were a kid and have them fight on the stovetop, only to slip and turn a burner on? Yeah.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

Did you ever get a bunch of Army Men when you were a kid and have them fight on the stovetop, only to slip and turn a burner on? Yeah.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
The two DPM patterned trousers are legit though. Actually except for the Tiger Stripe pattern, they all look fairly spot-on for the type of camouflage being done (although I thought that DPM had black in it).

Also, none of them are wearing the green used by German tanks in 1941.

Oh god, I'm one of those guys aren't I?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

enrious posted:

The two DPM patterned trousers are legit though. Actually except for the Tiger Stripe pattern, they all look fairly spot-on for the type of camouflage being done (although I thought that DPM had black in it).

Also, none of them are wearing the green used by German tanks in 1941.

Oh god, I'm one of those guys aren't I?

Welcome to historical gaming fellow Grognard!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

poo poo, now I want an actual Freddie Mercury mini.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

JcDent posted:

"Tyrant-san, Hivemind-sensei is away, but don't be sad, I can be your koibito!"

On unrelated, more pathetic news:

Apparently some people were arguing how celestially animated warrior spirits/spirit animated armor/whatever the celestials are can blow a horn with a metal mask - and it turned out that the painter had missed the chin opening, and painted it gold.

isn't there a sigmarine with a skull for a head? does this mean that they've already retconned sigmarines from being undead husks to living people?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Esser-Z posted:

poo poo, now I want an actual Freddie Mercury mini.

In the most recent Malifaux nightmare edition box, there's a strongman called Mercury as an alternate performer. All the model's actions are the same as the original performer, so Mercury lures people in with a Siren Call, can cast Seduction on scheme markers, and poisons people with wine and hairpins.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Obviously, a 150lb single arm press is very respectable, but his form is all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~