Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
so its wednesday afternoon now, how'd teh event go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cremnob posted:

actually ur wrong

lmao units shipped as a measure of good? ahahah i guess pepsi is good tooi>?????

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

please don't use this word when referring to what phone you own.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol at people buying 4k tvs for their lovely hosed macroblocked garbage cable feeds and pretending it's worth it

ATV will have HEVC decoding and will become the first succesful 4k source

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im rockin a moto X (2013) right now, how can i stream the event? im also rockin a windows 10 gameing "rig"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

gonna buy a hugepad if it had dece stylus support

on the fence about 6s. still rockin the 4.

i'd also be interested in a Wacom killer. maybe it will be as simple as the added force touch. if there is a stylus i kinda hope it's relegated to just art apps or something cause gently caress.

the iPhone 4 was good cause it was glass front and back. the 6 is good cause it's a rounded seamless device. the 5 was actually kinda lame and didn't break much new ground besides being unibody. anyway, from the external design alone the 6 seems like a must have although i was kinda broke when it came out so 6S it is.

bobbilljim posted:

so its wednesday afternoon now, how'd teh event go?

ugh!! i missed it??

echinopsis posted:

lmao units shipped as a measure of good? ahahah i guess pepsi is good tooi>?????

*sipping on a soda* well diet isn't too bad

if you get this reference remind me what it's from thank you

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

ATV will have HEVC decoding and will become the first succesful 4k source

but unfortunately it wont support 4k out til atv5

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Triglav posted:

but unfortunately it wont support 4k out til atv5

It's going to support 4k i can feel it in my bones

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my prediction: iphone 6s/6s+ with rumble pak functionality

possibly ipad maxi with ipen because apparently the finger is no longer the best stylus

apple tv rev that nobody will honestly care about

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you're not far off with he "rumble pack", it will have taptic i bet.

the apple TV will be pretty disappointing if it doesn't have some subscription package or prime sense or an app store or maybe all of those.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
every atv comes with a year of hbo to go

bam

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the gently caress would be the benefit of primesense. itd just be a firephone-like gimmick

it'll connect to the ios appstore and run flappy bird

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the new ipad will have a stylus and metro style multitasking

cupertino start your photocopiers

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

why aren't we selling more iPads? doopy doop ipad 2 will get iOS 9

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

no way will we get new iphones and new ipads at the same event

ipad event in october book it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

bobbilljim posted:

im rockin a moto X (2013) right now, how can i stream the event? im also rockin a windows 10 gameing "rig"

apple is actually offering windows 10 streaming for this one because they have no standards anymore

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
you can pay for movies and tv shows by putting your balls on the new appletv's balltouch id

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ive been paying for things with my balls for ages

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

infernal machines posted:

the new ipad will have a stylus and metro style multitasking

cupertino start your photocopiers

jesus christ it's come to this again hasn't it

i mean every iphone user should thank android every day for existing because it let someone overrule steve jobs and finally put in basic features like cut and paste into ios.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

jesus christ it's come to this again hasn't it

i mean every iphone user should thank android every day for existing because it let someone overrule steve jobs and finally put in basic features like cut and paste into ios.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
The only important thing is some of the ipads getting first party stylii that will actually work (vs current expensive and bad stuff)and thus eliminate the only thing Samsung has over them other than price. Hth

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my credit cards are ready for everything tim has in store

pram
Jun 10, 2001

triple sulk posted:

my credit cards are ready for everything tim has in store

same!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm probably going to buy a new ipad

not a big one though, because that's stupid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i am gonna hit so many signup bonuses op. its like a secondary gift tim is giving me by providing me with objects to spend money on, which is the first gift. i am unfathomably horned over all the points and miles i am going to earn.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

tomorrow i'll awake before dawn. i'll drink a glass of water, but not eat breakfast. i'll do stretching and calisthenics, followed by hours of yoga. once physically liberated, i'll briefly chant in pali before meditating, stilling myself of all thoughts and preconceived ideas, becoming an empty vessel. later, a quiet bell will ring, stirring me from my meditation. i'll turn on the stream and watch tim give birth to the world, one product at a time, after an update on retail

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS APPLE KEYNOTE 2015 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TIMB. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SAMSUNG BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MADE THE WORLDS BEST PHONE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I POST

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I've been on a juice cleanse for three days, preparing my body to receive the word

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you're not smoking DMT drink during the speak

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I hope they make a smallphone again :ohdear:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just ask yourself this: "would it be profitable for Apple to make a normal size phone?" and I think you'll realise why you'll never have a smallphone again. They care not about you, but the profite

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

Just ask yourself this: "would it be profitable for Apple to make a normal size phone?" and I think you'll realise why you'll never have a smallphone again. They care not about you, but the profite

profitte

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
ok Tim this is what I want so I hope you listen

just give me the updated 6s or whatev in a 5s chassis and I'll buy it straight up. also please a laptop with a bluray I live in a place where streaming and downloading is still kinda crap.

this thing is gonna be about 3am in my part of the world and I'm gonna miss out on the first hours of preordering a new phone and I'll have to wait til next loving June to get one :( :(

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Management posted:

I've been on a juice cleanse for three days, preparing my body to receive the word

gently caress I knew I forgot something

Tim forgive me for the Chipotle in my bowels :(

Dr. Phildo posted:

just give me the updated 6s or whatev in a 5s chassis and I'll buy it straight up.

Apple hear our prayer

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i'm ready for the public release of ios 9

also that universal search stuff sounds really cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

i'm ready for the public release of ios 9

also that universal search stuff sounds really cool

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rahu posted:

I hope they make a smallphone again :ohdear:
this civic center is afraid of me... i have seen its true face. the rows of seats are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the fanboys will drown. the accumulated filth of all their force tapping and ipad photography will foam up about their jorts and all the tech writers and pundits will look up and shout "smallphone!"...

and i'll look down and whisper "no."

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
still rockin my 5s still suits my needs thanks for reading

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
blessed tim plz give homekit base station w/ volvo integration. gay ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

timb let me come home with an apple tv today tia

• Locked thread