Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

If San Antonio gets an NFL team and they immediately draft the football equivalent of Tim Duncan to propel them to sustained excellence rivaling the Spurs while the Romo and Dirk-less Dallas franchises crumble into dust, I'll give up on pro sports for a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
What makes San Antonio a better destination than St. Louis?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Well, first there have been preliminary talks (even if it was as a dumb negotiation tactic). They have roughly the same population, so I think it's that Texas would really like another sports team and hey the Raiders have same colors as the Spurs and they're not really beloved right now.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Residents would actually want them there. Residents could also probably afford to go to games.
Texas can handle three teams. Missouri can barely justify having one.
Color scheme matches Spurs.
St Louis is going downhill incredibly fast while SA is actually kind of getting good at a healthy rate.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jerry Jones would fight the Raiders moving to SA with everything he had.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Volkerball posted:

IIRC, Jones fought the Cardinals moving to Phoenix in the late 80s since Dallas to the California-Arizona border was cowboy country.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Alaois posted:

move the rams to LA, move the colts to St. Louis

Move the Ravens to Indianapolis, move the Browns to Baltimore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Good, maybe it would drain him of the remainder of his powers.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Zurreco posted:

Residents would actually want them there. Residents could also probably afford to go to games.
Texas can handle three teams. Missouri can barely justify having one.
Color scheme matches Spurs.
St Louis is going downhill incredibly fast while SA is actually kind of getting good at a healthy rate.

St. Louis city might be going downhill, but the suburbs are where everyone lives and STL still has a larger metropolitan area than San Antonio by a lot. The Rams aren't moving from a lack of support, they're moving because the owner wants the team to be worth more. Missouri can definitely justify having more than one team. It's not like the St. Louis and Kansas City are super close together where people from St. Louis wouldn't mind driving to see the Chiefs.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

JRizzle posted:

St. Louis city might be going downhill, but the suburbs are where everyone lives and STL still has a larger metropolitan area than San Antonio by a lot.

2.8 versus 2.2 million which isn't that much more. Plus the St Louis metro area goes like 60 miles away from the city and if you 60 miles north from San Antonio you begin to hit Austin.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

Move the Ravens to Indianapolis, move the Browns to Baltimore.

Would be easier to just move the Browns to LA.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Elephanthead posted:

Would be easier to just move the Browns to LA.

We're coming straight outta Cleveland

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

LA or San Antonio, come on down

Oh good another bad south Texas team for Dallas to have a "rivalry" with

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

computer parts posted:

and hey the Raiders have same colors as the Spurs and they're not really beloved right now.

If that's a reason, san Antonio should get the white sox too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

They should. No one in Chicago gives 2 fucks about the Sox.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Which seems odd in that they've won a world series in the last hundred years.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Chilichimp posted:

What

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Oh, the Sox fan. Sup.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Please move the Kings to San Antonio

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Carson just named a street Stadium Way. :lol:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Deadline for the city of San Diego to ratify the expedited Environmental Impact Report on the Qualcomm site is September 11th.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Deadline for the city of San Diego to ratify the expedited Environmental Impact Report on the Qualcomm site is September 11th.

September 11th will now stand as the beginning of the end of America and the Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

September 11th will now stand as the beginning of the end of America and the Chargers.

In "I Am Old" news, incoming high school freshmen this year weren't born when 9/11 happened

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

San Diego trying to steal Nintendo's thunder

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

In "I Am Old" news, incoming high school freshmen this year weren't born when 9/11 happened

I wonder what shocking tragedy they'll use to define their generation?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Taylor Swift has an on-stage performance using a mini segway that goes horribly wrong

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Footbaw in Texas vs Footbaw in a baseball town

Chilichimp posted:

The election of Donald Trump as president

In "I am old news" I was in high school when Columbine happened

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I graduated the year before and my old high school responded to it by banning trenchcoats and black shirts and KMFDM which is funny because I had already left that high school and furthermore....

I do remember a bunch of kids running through the halls screaming that OJ got acquitted though, also I got a lot of use with my ability to mimic Judge Ito's voice during that year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Footbaw in Texas vs Footbaw in a baseball town

The election of Donald Trump as president

I was in highschool AND regularly wore a black trenchcoat.

It was an interesting semester to say the least.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I was in 6th grade during Columbine and it was the first thing I can remember that I really had context in my mind to process.

I thought my school was next

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I was in 6th grade during Columbine and it was the first thing I can remember that I really had context in my mind to process.

I thought my school was next

So did like ever kid that saw my tall, trench-coated rear end mean-mugging on my way to the language arts building.

I was super nice and respectful though, so them bitches was trippin'.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Ross Angeles posted:

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Tank44 posted:

Challenger Space Shuttle explosion in like 3rd grade. Boom! 1986... When St Louis was in similar stages to lose the NFL Cardinals.

The Cardinals leaving was St. Louis not wanting to build a stadium for a poo poo rear end team that was only good three seasons out of the 27 it was there, as well as bad attendance problems. At least this time they're willing to build one.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Tank44 posted:

Hey, I was also in 3rd grade when that happened! My class wheeled in a TV because there was that teacher astronaut so we were all watching it live when it happened

Boy did that turn awkward in a hurry

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Chilichimp posted:

So did like ever kid that saw my tall, trench-coated rear end mean-mugging on my way to the language arts building.

I was super nice and respectful though, so them bitches was trippin'.

I was never afraid of the trenchcoat kids at my high school because all they wanted to do was sleep through class and drink after school.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I was never afraid of the trenchcoat kids at my high school because all they wanted to do was sleep through class and drink after school.

Most of us smoked weed and played RPG's and poo poo.

It was the most harmless batch of losers ever.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 9, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I graduated the year before and my old high school responded to it by banning trenchcoats and black shirts and KMFDM which is funny because I had already left that high school and furthermore....

I do remember a bunch of kids running through the halls screaming that OJ got acquitted though, also I got a lot of use with my ability to mimic Judge Ito's voice during that year.

My high school US history teacher had us watch the verdict live on tv. He was obsessed with the case.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Rasczak posted:

Hey, I was also in 3rd grade when that happened! My class wheeled in a TV because there was that teacher astronaut so we were all watching it live when it happened

Boy did that turn awkward in a hurry

Kindergarten... Went outside to see it live... Growing up in Central Florida had its perks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I saw Challenger explode from the front yard as a preschooler. Everyone shrugged and kinda went "never did that before" and didn't know it had broken up.

Well, they weren't wrong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Most of us smoked weed and played RPG's and poo poo.

It was the most harmless batch of losers ever.

Harmless? Wow. You really need to educate yourself about the dangers of Marijuana. May I suggest the documentary Reefer Madness?

• Locked thread