Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

Joe/Corbin was a good match

It was way better than I thought it would be but still, I dislike the Baron Corbin character, matches and push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
You can vaguely make out Mr. Pageviews and myself on the back wall of stage 1 opposite Meltz. You can tell it's us because I'm very tall and he is not and there's a group of other not tall people on my left.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin goes into a lot of the little nuances of the match (that I completely missed because all I wanted to see was Joe beat Corbin) and basically raves about how Joe controlled and dictated the pace of the match. He's very complimentary to Corbin too pointing out some small things he did that were effective at selling his character.

I can't remember the exact wording, but there is a great exchange that goes something like this:

Wade Keller: Can you elaborate on WHY you like Samoa Joe?
Austin: Because he's great!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Require More Fire posted:

So does Ryan from Maryland search out mentions of himself on Twitter? Because I made a comment about him this morning and now I'm getting replies to the tweet from someone who apparently is him. Basically he's more of a weirdo than I thought.

yes whenever I make fun of him he sends me messages asking for definitions of some of the words I use.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mob posted:

yes whenever I make fun of him he sends me messages asking for definitions of some of the words I use.

Mob, if you could post some screenshots of this, I feel it would contribute positively to the overall comedy available in the world.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Here's where he asks what salting the earth means https://twitter.com/chickiesinger/statuses/591941899382042625 (my previous tweet had been about burning down my house when Ed from SA was on the line)

And here's one where he's totally not racist at all while defending Trump https://twitter.com/chickiesinger/statuses/624665505295679489

He's only had Twitter since April so just type his handle into Tweettunnel.com and fall down the rabbithole of dumbfuck

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

And this is just fun for how mad he is http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ban-ryan-from-cumberland-from-f4w

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Bryan likes naked cowboy Shawn and naked Goldust.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Bryan likes naked cowboy Shawn and naked Goldust.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Please, Bryan only likes Naked Goldust. He liked Naked Cowboy Shawn in his 20's, but he's grown out of him by now.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wait a minute. The new retro Observer says Bischoff bought the Nightcap set before he even had Jay Leno signed to do anything. Oh my god.

Also in July 1998 Austin was the biggest ratings draw in wrestling, neat. His promo on the Raw in question spiked the ratings 28%, then when his match started it shot up another 25%. Vince would kill Kevin Dunn for that to happen with Cena. The only quarter WCW won was the Dancing Fools vs NWO Japan and that was on a technicality.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Austin goes into a lot of the little nuances of the match (that I completely missed because all I wanted to see was Joe beat Corbin) and basically raves about how Joe controlled and dictated the pace of the match. He's very complimentary to Corbin too pointing out some small things he did that were effective at selling his character.

I can't remember the exact wording, but there is a great exchange that goes something like this:

Wade Keller: Can you elaborate on WHY you like Samoa Joe?
Austin: Because he's great!

It's very refreshing that Austin is able to appreciate current talent for what they bring to the table, unlike a lot of vets who whine about young guys/talent that are hot at the moment.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wait a minute. The new retro Observer says Bischoff bought the Nightcap set before he even had Jay Leno signed to do anything. Oh my god.

Also in July 1998 Austin was the biggest ratings draw in wrestling, neat. His promo on the Raw in question spiked the ratings 28%, then when his match started it shot up another 25%. Vince would kill Kevin Dunn for that to happen with Cena. The only quarter WCW won was the Dancing Fools vs NWO Japan and that was on a technicality.

Dancing Fools=ratings

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
dunno if you guys heard, but Rico Constantino is not happy with Bubba Ray Dudley

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why was the edge and Christian podcast so bad?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why was the edge and Christian podcast so bad?

I thought it was great. What did you not like about it?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I would've liked if Austin maybe talked about TNA. But it was also clear that with the three of them there that Austin was never going to get a serious interview out of them. It touches on it a couple of times, but they're mostly just having fun, and it's always good to see Austin's goofier side once in a while. I thought it was a lot of fun, and miles better than the Paige interview.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

I would've liked if Austin maybe talked about TNA.

Wouldn't it be better to ask Trish or Albert about that? Obviously, Test isn't available.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

dunno if you guys heard, but Rico Constantino is not happy with Bubba Ray Dudley

dude is 53 years old and still pissed about petty poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

A guy taking liberties in the ring and causing major injuries isn't petty poo poo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

A guy taking liberties in the ring and causing major injuries isn't petty poo poo.

Yeah this is not like complaining that someone ate your apple out of the break room fridge:

quote:

He ripped my hamstring three times in Chicago. I told him I tore, and he kept going. He suplexed me, and tore it again. And when he pinned me, he threw my legs over my head, and put his legs on the second turnbuckle, and tore it again.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spikeguy posted:

I thought it was great. What did you not like about it?

Maybe I expected more but they just exchanged pleasantries & rehashed old stuff. They went right to the kazoo bit very early. Didn't seem to get going. Oh and they didn't explain the 'stop looking at me' game!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

wrestlers are also liars and lovely gossipers too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They are, but Bubba Ray is a pretty well-known rear end in a top hat so it's got credibility.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alain Post posted:

They are, but Bubba Ray is a pretty well-known rear end in a top hat so it's got credibility.

After all, he's not talking about SAFEST MAN IN THE BUSINESS, KANE or anything

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

coconono posted:

Haven't we known this about Bubba for years?

Also of note, the Best Show on WFMU has Damien from hosed Up talking about New Japan and Chikara to Tom Scharpling, which is pretty surreal.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 10, 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

I would've liked if Austin maybe talked about TNA. But it was also clear that with the three of them there that Austin was never going to get a serious interview out of them. It touches on it a couple of times, but they're mostly just having fun, and it's always good to see Austin's goofier side once in a while. I thought it was a lot of fun, and miles better than the Paige interview.

The WWE is not going to spend their money on Network feed time to have Steve Austin, the most important wrestler in the world at one point, and still likely on the top 10 list, talk about their competition, no matter how low TNA is these days. Maybe when it's dead and buried, but until then, they're going to continue to ignore it, just like they did with Sting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin's latest podcast is with Jake the Snake, a very interesting listen if you wanna hear Jake talk about ring psychology (which you should, because goddamn Jake was good at it).

Edit: Apparently on the documentary that DDP made, there is a scene where Jake, DDP and Scott Hall do a goofy three-way lock-up for fun. Jake (good-naturedly) complains that their technique was all wrong and he was trying to correct it :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rotinaj posted:

The WWE is not going to spend their money on Network feed time to have Steve Austin, the most important wrestler in the world at one point, and still likely on the top 10 list, talk about their competition, no matter how low TNA is these days. Maybe when it's dead and buried, but until then, they're going to continue to ignore it, just like they did with Sting.

Plus Christian likely doesn't even want to talk about it. His last TNA appearance was under duress and he looked like he would rather be at Abu Ghraib.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Echoing Jerusalem here, it's well worth the listen! I would've loved if they'd gone on a good while longer.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Is the Jake interview in-person or over the phone? Because I have a super had time understanding Jake when he's doing interviews over the phone.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Speaking of in-ring psychology, I've recently started listening to Austin and Jericho's podcasts so I've been picking through old episodes and I loved the TiJ with the Genius discussing Macho. I didn't know what to expect but man, I could listen to that guy talk for hours. Side note: I've found that the only way to listen to Jericho's show is to fast forward until I hear the other guy talking.

Since I've just begun on both of them, what are some can't-miss episodes from their backlog?

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!

Whoolighams posted:

Speaking of in-ring psychology, I've recently started listening to Austin and Jericho's podcasts so I've been picking through old episodes and I loved the TiJ with the Genius discussing Macho. I didn't know what to expect but man, I could listen to that guy talk for hours. Side note: I've found that the only way to listen to Jericho's show is to fast forward until I hear the other guy talking.

Since I've just begun on both of them, what are some can't-miss episodes from their backlog?

The one where Big Show craps on the terrible booking of his character is pretty great.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Austin's latest podcast is with Jake the Snake, a very interesting listen if you wanna hear Jake talk about ring psychology (which you should, because goddamn Jake was good at it).

Edit: Apparently on the documentary that DDP made, there is a scene where Jake, DDP and Scott Hall do a goofy three-way lock-up for fun. Jake (good-naturedly) complains that their technique was all wrong and he was trying to correct it :allears:

On one hand, that sounds interesting as hell. On the other hand, I fear that an Austin podcast with Jake Roberts as his guest will mean a 90-minute complaining session about why the DDT doesn't get the respect it deserves anymore. So I need to ask, how much time of that podcast is spent on non-DDT talk?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Young Pageviews posted:

The one where Big Show craps on the terrible booking of his character is pretty great.

Nah that doesn't happen much. Certainly not enough to justify listening to the show. He's friendly, likable even buy not must listen.

The Nattie & TJ one was good.

Allegory of the Rave
Dec 4, 2009

Require More Fire posted:

Is the Jake interview in-person or over the phone? Because I have a super had time understanding Jake when he's doing interviews over the phone.

He went to DDP's yoga place and has interviews lined up with hall and DDP. There's really not alot of ddt talk, just told the story of how he came up with it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Whoolighams posted:

Listen to the TiJ with Chavo. He talks about the Benoit weekend and it's fascinating.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Show is a fun listen on whatever show he appears on. I wish they'd let him do commentary or something because he's a great talker.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Defiance Industries posted:

Show is a fun listen on whatever show he appears on. I wish they'd let him do commentary or something because he's a great talker.

He'd be better than Byron, king or jbl

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Whoolighams posted:

Austin does a walkthrough of his Brett Hart match that's synced up on dailymotion or other places, its amazing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jim Cornette prank calls the worst hotel in Louisville today on his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've been listening to Austin's show since the beginning and I thought the Jake Roberts ep was an all time classic. Hilarious, insightful, great stories of the old times on the road, everything. I loved it.

• Locked thread