Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Inside Out Mom posted:

The haunted mansion custom map needs to become official. Also please make doors not break forever. We had a good strategy of welding them up so everyone could recover and take out manageable batches of them last night and running into the fray with a microwave gun was one of the best experiences yet.

"Now I wield the dragon magic!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

verbal enema posted:

Man I had imagined the demo pistol as a mini m42

this thing sucks rear end. what the gently caress is this pissy spread shot pop gun. I mean i like it aesthetically and all and it sounds nice but bleb on it imo.

Shoot trash mobs in the feet. You can kill groups of 3 pretty easily with 1 shot when you get used to it. Also kills wounded enemies VERY effectively and will one shot sirens.
I wish it had the proposed alternative fire mode that wasn't cluster munitions -- but I've adjusted to using the thing and now that I'm level 20 it loving decimates enemies and I tend to just use it + dynamite until I can afford an RPG.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
So I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been playing the game for a few hours and I'm not trying to be controversial or anything but I think I like the first game better. I was hyped for the improved graphics and new leveling system and whatnot, but gameplay just feels flat or something. I've mostly been running a zerker and it's mostly meh. I can't even put my finger on it, but it's like everything is so floaty and weightless, there's no impact behind anything. Plus I'm not in love with the maps.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Mangoose posted:

So I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been playing the game for a few hours and I'm not trying to be controversial or anything but I think I like the first game better. I was hyped for the improved graphics and new leveling system and whatnot, but gameplay just feels flat or something. I've mostly been running a zerker and it's mostly meh. I can't even put my finger on it, but it's like everything is so floaty and weightless, there's no impact behind anything. Plus I'm not in love with the maps.

:downs:

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

I approve of this post

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Well now after reading the least two pages I understand why my support character sucks so much rear end. They nerfed the class.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the support ammo does cost too much but it owns otherwise

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you think support is a bad class, the problem is closer to home

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Darkpriest667 posted:

Well now after reading the least two pages I understand why my support character sucks so much rear end. They nerfed the class.

Not... really? Unless you mean compared to KF1 or something. There was a heavy ammo nerf in the beta for the pump and double barrel, but that was reverted. It's a little pricier than it used to be, but it's just as effective once you get the dosh.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah none of the heavy nerfs made it to the live client, I think only some moderate price increases and maybe the Combat Shotgun buffs made it through.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I feel support is pretty awesome and is sorta my go to class. The lovely thing is now FPs shield their body while charging. So dumping shotshells at an incoming FP far less effective.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
There's also the new deflecting effect on zeds with metal materials that's somewhat reduced support efficiency. I'm still surprised whenever I see a bullet ricocheting of a gorefast arm blade. Siren probably got the biggest buff because her metal harness lets her eat more bodyshots so now you really have to bear down on head shots.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

moot the hopple posted:

There's also the new deflecting effect on zeds with metal materials that's somewhat reduced support efficiency. I'm still surprised whenever I see a bullet ricocheting of a gorefast arm blade. Siren probably got the biggest buff because her metal harness lets her eat more bodyshots so now you really have to bear down on head shots.

I wondered what the gently caress was going on

that makes a lot of sense

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
It's also a pretty badass effect.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah that's a really cool detail, if a bit annoying. Must be tricky for you peasants who don't use a giant hammer and/or claymore.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

A few things I noticed in the server browser:

There should be a little "X" to exit out of the server filter menu here:

Currently, if you click "Filter", the only way out is to press either "Reset" or "Apply." There's also no way to filter by Ranked (i.e., where your progress towards perks actually matters)

Being able to load more than 1000 servers at a time is great! However:

If you want to manually stop loading them, there is no option. You have to wait until all 3,000+ servers are loaded to be able to list them properly. Being able to stop this from updating after a certain point would be nice!

A scroll bar on the right here for servers with a TON of custom maps would be great. Clicking down a bunch of times is just annoying:

That's it for now :3

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

ClonedPickle posted:

Not... really? Unless you mean compared to KF1 or something. There was a heavy ammo nerf in the beta for the pump and double barrel, but that was reverted. It's a little pricier than it used to be, but it's just as effective once you get the dosh.

Oh then possibly I just suck :-)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont wipe my progress devs but i joined a map where you could spawn lots of Hans characters with 1 HP and got all my perks maxed out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
because i wanted to try all the perks

is why i did that

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

moot the hopple posted:

I swear to god that Sirens metal harness is made in a way that's inconsistent with the visual model, which causes her to sometimes deflect bullets with her forehead. It's pretty bad rear end, but if I can't shoot her in the head reliably with the Medic Automated Sniper Rifle (also known as the Medic SMG), it really makes them a HUUUUGE threat.

As with like 90% of the mechanics in this game, this does not apply when you're Zerkin' tho.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Mangoose posted:

After something like 800 hours in KF1 over the years I felt the same way at first. KF2 felt more call of duty style with the running and what not. But the new style grew on me and I really like it now. They are both great games.

Eonwe posted:

dont wipe my progress devs but i joined a map where you could spawn lots of Hans characters with 1 HP and got all my perks maxed out

If you already know how to play then I highly encourage people to use the leveling maps instead of joining HOE at level 10. Some people feel like it's cheating, but I hate leveling up, it's a waste of time. I got support to 20 when EA first started and then did the Hans leveling map to get everything to 25.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 10, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nothing is better than slo mo jumping off a 2nd floor and Pulverising a group of clots.

I'd like a mod where opera music plays during slo mo its so beautiful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramsus posted:

After something like 800 hours in KF1 over the years I felt the same way at first. KF2 felt more call of duty style with the running and what not. But the new style grew on me and I really like it now. They are both great games.

If you already know how to play then I highly encourage people to use the leveling maps instead of joining HOE at level 10. Some people feel like it's cheating, but I hate leveling up, it's a waste of time. I got support to 20 when EA first started and then did the Hans leveling map to get everything to 25.

yea ive been playing since early kf1 so i didnt feel like levelling again

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

At least it's a million times easier to level up in KF2 than KF1. Just "shoot zeds", no having to grind out welding doors, trying to nail stalkers before your team mates saw their shimmer and removed them, or having to get the killing blow on the Patriarch 100x times while you stand on your hands and wield your gun with your feet.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alkydere posted:

At least it's a million times easier to level up in KF2 than KF1. Just "shoot zeds", no having to grind out welding doors, trying to nail stalkers before your team mates saw their shimmer and removed them, or having to get the killing blow on the Patriarch 100x times while you stand on your hands and wield your gun with your feet.

Yes, please kill 3600 stalkers with commando weapons.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Oh yeah, I wanted to mention something for a while but kept forgetting.

So when you start a game up on Normal and Hard you start with 250 dosh.

Is there a reason why, if you join a game in progress on wave 1, you spawn with 155 dosh (on Normal and Hard at least)? Is the game counting you as dead (I think it does because living players will make quips about "no one else die" and stuff like that) and deducting from your cash as a penalty? It's just very strange you start with less cash than everyone else and that should be corrected, I think.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 10, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

cliffdiver posted:

Yeah that's a really cool detail, if a bit annoying. Must be tricky for you peasants who don't use a giant hammer and/or claymore.

I"ve been finding myself as the main Siren killer when playing as Zerk ever since the update landed. Not that I mind; beheading Sirens is fun as well.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Teams that don't target sirens and bloat heads first are real jerks. This especially goes out to firebugs wasting entire magazines from their cb on a bloat body.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ramsus posted:

Teams that don't target sirens and bloat heads first are real jerks. This especially goes out to firebugs wasting entire magazines from their cb on a bloat body.

Firebugs that waste an entire magazine from a CnB or Flamethrower on any zed are a liability. Tap, run, tap, run. Keep that DoT up. You can even take down Scrakes that way.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Watching three berserkers knock down Hans and swarm in for an NWO beatdown is the funniest poo poo in the world

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I am really digging Firebug so far. The Trenchgun and Microwave are fun and satisfying to use and being able to pop Scrakes with ease via the Microwave Gun makes the Firebug feel a lot more useful than in KF1. I wasn't too keen on the Firebug in KF1, but the KF2 Firebug is becoming one of my favorite classes.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
While I think firebug is currently awesome against big targets, I feel its ability to actually clear trash with flames is pretty mild without that explosion perk. Mostly due to the range on flame weapons.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Drakes posted:

While I think firebug is currently awesome against big targets, I feel its ability to actually clear trash with flames is pretty mild without that explosion perk. Mostly due to the range on flame weapons.

The Trenchgun fixes that.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I feel like the microwave gun is ridiculously op when used with any measure of restraint but then I've only just started playing the game so get this: I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
But I want a flamey rear end flamer!

Not a shottie that happens to set dudes on fire.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Drakes posted:

The Trenchgun looks way cooler than the flamethrowers do when you fire it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

caulk n' burn is the weapon of champions

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Drakes posted:

i thought when it said dragons breath it meant the flame rounds like the jet of flame from your shotgun :c

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

closeted republican posted:

I am really digging Firebug so far. The Trenchgun and Microwave are fun and satisfying to use and being able to pop Scrakes with ease via the Microwave Gun makes the Firebug feel a lot more useful than in KF1. I wasn't too keen on the Firebug in KF1, but the KF2 Firebug is becoming one of my favorite classes.

In KF1 a charged husk gun stunned scrakes. You could perma stun them to death. Dual flare pistols could take out a scrake. Also you could kite everything with the flare pistol, even off perk.

I always grabbed one as zerk or medic because it made kiting an entire wave pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the firebug with a trench gun is basically this: