Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else experience massive wake locks after installing Two Dots? It was the only app I'd installed since I started noticing above-average battery drain, and the issue seemed to have gone away after uninstalling it. However with as opaque as Android's battery stats are it's impossible to tell for sure if it was really the game's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

coyo7e posted:

7 bucks for a "pass the ipad" game? good lord. It doesn't even have the ability to let four ipads in the same room play together, although you CAN play single player "if you play as multiple roles".

Pandemic is played against the board, not player vs player and I rather enjoy handling all the roles myself. This is a small price to pay to avoid a whole bunch of record keeping and setup time.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Star Wars: Uprising should be out for everyone now.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So any games similar to Card Crawl? I love that game and have been playing the hell out of it. Any other suggestions?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

mrkillboy posted:

Is there a Goon cartel yet?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

mrkillboy posted:

Release seems to not include Asia, all their other trash is available globally.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

mrkillboy posted:

So is it any good?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Drone posted:

So is it any good?

Its fine. Its quite dull early on but it gets more interesting once you progress and unlock more abilities, harder missions etc. There's a lot of loot to collect if you're into that and you can dress up and arm your character with a large variety of things (like Stormtrooper armor). Still the best thing about the game is probably the music for obvious reasons. A comparable game would be something like Marvel Future Fight, which Uprising reminded me of quite a bit.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 10, 2015

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cross post from iOS thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

Pokemon Go. 2016. There's a Bluetooth Pokeball thing you can use with the game. Miyamoto, Iwata, and Masuda all worked on it.

It's ingress + Pokemon.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
So the BT Pokeball is just a big button but it will probably be mandatory to play the game? Well played Nintendo, well played.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

SyRauk posted:

Is there a Goon cartel yet?

I'll make one soon

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Holy poo poo, so this wasn't a joke, after all???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMD6xELI_k

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So the BT Pokeball is just a big button but it will probably be mandatory to play the game? Well played Nintendo, well played.

Even if it isn't I'm buying one anyway. poo poo, I'll buy my brother his first phone so we can play together.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 10, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Does it mean I should buy Nintendo shares? I mean, we knew they were going to start developing for mobiles, but this could be big.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1iKpSO-gY

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that my interactive fiction game PataNoir is now available for Android. PataNoir is a surreal noir game, in which you manipulate hard-boiled metaphors to solve problems.

A previous version of the game was Let's played on these forums several years ago, and expanded based on feedback from the thread, so it's technically a collaborative goon project! It has futhermore been illustrated by goons Lauri Ahonen and Tom Siddell.

Read more at http://www.sichris.com/Games/PataNoir.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Is this a game about delicious Spanish ham?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Cartel created. Fleet Enemas. Join. Say something goony when you join and I'll accept.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
How is SW Uprising? Any features that make life easy locked behind IAP or VIP levels?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

EzEight posted:

How is SW Uprising? Any features that make life easy locked behind IAP or VIP levels?

Crashy as hell.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

EzEight posted:

Any features that make life easy locked behind IAP or VIP levels?

Not really. The only IAPs I can find (so far) are for the premium currency, which you mainly use to play for high level items at the salvage yard gift machine.

Nyx
Mar 24, 2006

Like some cat from Japan
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Poker Heroes is horribly fun and addicting. It's a mix between poker, deck building games, and fighting puzzle games (as in, you make a move and based on what you do, characters deal a certain amount of damage ala Puzzle and Dragons). Like any good game that goons enjoy, there is a way to add allies. My specific ally number is 38971208 and I guess if anyone uses this referral link, we both get rewards or something

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is this a trap? (c/d)

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Toshimo posted:

Is this a trap? (c/d)

Got the same thing earlier, I'm a guy so I just went with the bottom choice.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Toshimo posted:

Is this a trap? (c/d)

Technically, the one with your age best describes you. since it at least gets the age right :v:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Cartel created. Fleet Enemas. Join. Say something goony when you join and I'll accept.

Applied as joz ihes. Doesn't seem to let me change application message?
Seems fun so far!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as dank nugs

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Nyx posted:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but Poker Heroes is horribly fun and addicting. It's a mix between poker, deck building games, and fighting puzzle games (as in, you make a move and based on what you do, characters deal a certain amount of damage ala Puzzle and Dragons). Like any good game that goons enjoy, there is a way to add allies. My specific ally number is 38971208 and I guess if anyone uses this referral link, we both get rewards or something

For a fun time in this game press the empty deck button followed by your phone's back button. (Hint: Do not do this.)

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Roid666 posted:

Applied as joz ihes. Doesn't seem to let me change application message?
Seems fun so far!

Accepted you both.

I'll accept anyone who applies. We got 40 spots. If we fill up I'll start booting.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
In conjunction with its upcoming PC/Mac release, 80 Days is getting an update in October that adds 30 new cities (mainly in the Americas) and 130, 000 words of new adventures.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

EvilElmo posted:

Accepted you both.

I'll accept anyone who applies. We got 40 spots. If we fill up I'll start booting.

Will join as soon as I find out how to put an offer out, still doing the tutorial. :v Malek Druug is the name.

EDIT: And applied

Malek fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 11, 2015

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Applied for fleet enemas as Mister Morden.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

EvilElmo posted:

Is it cross platform with iOS players? Interesting enough to get its own thread?

They certainly landed a heck of a license.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

There's no place to put an application message that I could see. I've applied as MrThe Plague.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Star Wars: Uprising is pretty drat good so far. I've hit a wall at level 10. At this point, it is necessary to do repeatable missions and send crew members out for supplies, credits, crystals, and find more crew members to be able to level up my gear in order to progress further in the story. I could lower the difficulty, but I'd really like to avoid that if possible.

The cartel (guilds) system seems to be bugged. I can search for fleet enema and it shows me along with 6 others in it, but I can't seem to do anything with it. Cartel chat doesn't work for me, and in normal play it says I'm not in a cartel.

The ability system seems pretty cool so far. Looks like there's about 20 unique abilities before they started repeating in rank (Grenade rank 1, Grenade rank 2...). Maybe there's more unique ones near the max level.

Hopefully Kabam will get the cartel chat working because general chat is spam central thus useless, and it be easier to find coop buddies for the few missions that allow it.

edit: Looks like game needs to be restarted after joining cartel in order for chat to work

ijii fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 11, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as "Will coling" .

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

EvilElmo posted:

Accepted you both.

Applied as Cirrus Paxton.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

EvilElmo posted:

Applied as Eneri

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

EvilElmo posted:

In as Vorcan. Messaged you in-game too.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

In conjunction with its upcoming PC/Mac release, 80 Days is getting an update in October that adds 30 new cities (mainly in the Americas) and 130, 000 words of new adventures.

It's good to hear that there will be more cities in the Americas, because it always felt like the weakest part of the game.

Everything up to that was cool, everything after that was cool, but the Americas, especially North America, felt like a slog.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, I was just reading an article in which the developers acknowledged that the Americas were a bit underpopulated with things to do which is why they've focussed on that particular region.

I wonder if this also means if a westward journey is also possible/worthwhile. Was it possible in the original game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

Joined as FoolishLobster.