Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Scott is impressively terrible at accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Have you heard his Irish accent in the final Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Irish accent is a work of art. Didn't it get reference on a show not long after?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Is it Morch already?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Eric Stonestreet is funnier than I thought and really good at playing along. I had no idea he was trained in improv. Id love to have him back once a month, he's really funny

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm so glad Scot is on top of the lawsuits over Happy Birthday to You.

Those miserly crones...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I actually died laughing when Victor was about to sing and said he would only sing if he chooses the song. And then he just starts the first part of somebody to love :laffo:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Shnooks posted:

Eric Stonestreet is funnier than I thought and really good at playing along. I had no idea he was trained in improv. Id love to have him back once a month, he's really funny

He's done a couple episodes of Sklarbro Country too.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
Hot tub foot?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BobTheCow posted:

Hot tub foot?

Hot tub foot.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Hot tub foot?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hot tub foot.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'd like to thank my friends at Knick-Knack Fanny Pack.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Aww yiss, the TIMEKEEPER and Paul Rust on the latest bonus ep.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hell yeah! I don't know why I find the Timekeeper so funny but I do. Combo with Paul Rust sounds like that'll be fantastic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rust's Mahr turned a little Cosby in his final New No-Nos.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hell yeah! I don't know why I find the Timekeeper so funny but I do. Combo with Paul Rust sounds like that'll be fantastic.

It is fantastic.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TiIiiiIiiIIIiIiIIiIiiIIIIIIIiiiiIIIiIIimmmMMMeEEE

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

"At the end of the day the heart does want what the heart does want."

Really enjoyed the idiotic way Fran's character spoke.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
All three of them are some of the funniest people in the goddamn world, so this was a great episode.

E: "I AIN'T NO SICKO"

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 11, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

How many teen boys have left the CBB studios unmolested.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
I loved all these guests, but I'm starting to get a little tired of Scott pushing new characters into even weirder and weirder areas. Marco world have been totally fine in my opinion without him turning into a weird steampunk monster thanks to Scott's prompting. I feel like more and more lately he's trying to make things wackier than they need to be. Maybe it's in response to a few times characters didn't seem to go anywhere, like that smoothie delivery guy who didn't turn out to be totally insane. Maybe I'm just a PC thought police grump, but new no no, stop sexualizing every child character and then putting some weird age thing on them (Benjamin button on that lapkus schoolboy, "you're not really 16 are you on Marco").

CherryDoom fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 11, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I agree. Fran is good enough to roll with it but it did drastically change the nature of the character.

Scott does tend in general to pimp out characters. Like, saying that they're crying or recently for whatever reason will paint someone as standing up aggressively/hitting the table.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wax Lion posted:

"At the end of the day the heart does want what the heart does want."

Really enjoyed the idiotic way Fran's character spoke.

On this venture I believe that the way Marco spoke was for the most part pretty good.

CherryDoom posted:

I loved all these guests, but I'm starting to get a little tired of Scott pushing new characters into even weirder and weirder areas. Marco world have been totally fine in my opinion without him turning into a weird steampunk monster thanks to Scott's prompting. I feel like more and more lately he's trying to make things wackier than they need to be. Maybe it's in response to a few times characters didn't seem to go anywhere, like that smoothie delivery guy who didn't turn out to be totally insane. Maybe I'm just a PC thought police grump, but new no no, stop sexualizing every child character and then putting some weird age thing on them (Benjamin button on that lapkus schoolboy, "you're not really 16 are you on Marco").

Wait you didn't start the clock!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Yeah it's bad to do that and Scott's doing It too much.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Like last ep Brandon small was doing a pretty standard Brandon small voice and Scott turned it into a sniveling weirdo for no particular reason other than he thinks it's good to say characters are crying.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I was laughing so hard at Scott getting mad at Paul for not doing his anti comedy the way Scott expected him to.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I like that PFT challenges Scott's expectations of what "Yes, and" means. Scott does want practically every character to be a sexual deviant or a murderer.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Last couple eps were okay. Ones before that were kinda bad. It's been a while since there was a real good one.

They need to get PFT or Zouks on again to call Scott out on being terrible. That's my favourite thing.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I like that PFT challenges Scott's expectations of what "Yes, and" means. Scott does want practically every character to be a sexual deviant or a murderer.

And/or have bizarre physical characteristics. I'd have to go back and listen, but I'm pretty sure both Marissa Wompler and Traci Reardon "look" the way they do because of Scott.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Does he does go overboard occasionally? Yes. Is it usually hilarious, though? Yes. It's part of his anti-humor, not just pimping but intentionally bad pimping, a sort of "Here's a piece of garbage idea. Now run with it!" thing. I'd be sad if he stopped it altogether.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
While we're throwing Scott under the bus: I'm getting tired of the "good...very good. veeeeeeery very good." just feels like buying time for something else to happen.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
You guys are all morons who need to get jobs

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH

mennoknight posted:

Hey man, the only reason I can listen to podcasts all drat day is because I have a boring rear end job that lets me use earbuds. If I didn't have a job I'd be playing video games or sleeping. Start the clock new no no, I should have to pay earwolf since I'm getting paid to listen to earwolf.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Paul Rusts digression into Lady Diana was one of the funniest things I've heard all year.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
As much as I hate these long plug themes, I want people to keep sending in long ones because it irritates Scott so much.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

mennoknight posted:

And have to interact with human beings? No thank you.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Jim the Nickel posted:

As much as I hate these long plug themes, I want people to keep sending in long ones because it irritates Scott so much.

I really enjoy them, and I enjoy that Scott hates them, in fact if the plug themes could be longer I'd be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

P*L*U*G*S is still the crowning achievement in plugs themes