Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pandemic studios went out in a bad way with saboteur and canceled battlefront

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

that's my new headcanon

qirex posted:

pandemic studios went out in a bad way with saboteur and canceled battlefront

but saboteur was actually good??

e: they were also working on Mercenaries Online but that still misses the reason i liked the original game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yodzilla posted:

mercenaries 1 was a goddamn brilliant game and learning about and hunting down the deck of 52 was amazing

yeah wheres my PC port? I got 52 captures and it was a fantastic game. The last mission was a super-nailbiter :o:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i liked the vehicle stealth system in mercenaries 2. and i'll be honest, driving vehicles around in mgsv is kind of a crapshoot

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

the only problem i have is the boss is poo poo at texting and driving
i only just learned yesterday how to put the minimap in the corner of your screen and i still dont use it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i mean the guards are really good at spotting you through a windshield and there's usually no warning you're getting too close. its the old far cry 2 problem of just awanting to get to the next side op but you have to deal with guard posts on the way

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

oh gotcha, the only way to not get spotted is to be in a tank and they figure that out p quick

set way markers to follow a path around guard posts, or send quiet ahead to play sandman

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

i don't know or care at all about your precious metal gears, squeezy

the only things I've learned from this thread: the women are overly sexualized, the plot appears to be incomprehensible garbage, and the horses poop in real time

Stop talking about them then you dumb oval office.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

i liked the vehicle stealth system in mercenaries 2. and i'll be honest, driving vehicles around in mgsv is kind of a crapshoot

I don't think anyone played it because Driver 3 was garbage but Driver: Parallel Lines was a good game and had a good vehicle stealth system

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

waited for the punchline

was not disappointed

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dear makers of batman: arkham knight

a good puzzle in a video game is hard to solve, but easy to execute. the best portal puzzles are like this, it may take you quite a while to piece together how to solve it but once it clicks you can do it without fail

putting a button on a wall that you have to press by accelerating the batmobile and then ejecting at just the right second to fly across a pit and hit the button is not a challenging puzzle to solve, but it is very frustrating if you need perfect timing on both the boost and the ejection. this goes doubly so when a failure means you have to return to the batmobile, get in it again, back up, and try again.

in short gently caress this riddler challenge and gently caress that catwomans entire story is "dear mr bat man please save me from the riddler"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually catwoman saves batman. Spoilers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I never had any trouble with the puzzles because I'm not a big dumb piece of crap.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Actually catwoman saves batman. Spoilers.

coulda fooled me given the way that so far she's just locked up as a side quest with the goal "free her"

also for being such a badass character they're really loving awful for using oracles death as a tiny bit of motivation for batman. spoilers again but really does anyone care about loving batplot

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SNAKE IS DEAD.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Blackula69 posted:

i don't know or care at all about your precious metal gears, squeezy

the only things I've learned from this thread: the women are overly sexualized, the plot appears to be incomprehensible garbage, and the horses poop in real time

Look at this freaking IDIOT jesus christ get a load of this tard. loving Noob.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I never had any trouble with the puzzles because I'm not a big dumb piece of crap.

congrats

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
LIterally ever other post in this thread (ITT) has been about Metal Gear Solid to some degree. You're the third most active poster in this thread, accounting for a little under 5% of all the posts. You cannot play the "What the heck is the Metal gear :wtc: :wtc:" card you furkeaing moran. gas

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

madeupfred posted:

LIterally ever other post in this thread (ITT) has been about Metal Gear Solid to some degree. You're the third most active poster in this thread, accounting for a little under 5% of all the posts. You cannot play the "What the heck is the Metal gear :wtc: :wtc:" card you furkeaing moran. gas

ben franklin hands madeup fred the jay

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i was wondering if there was even a single person in the entire world who fell for that obvious fake out.

i guess so.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dear D-dog,

seriously please stop leaping in front of me when I go to use my stun arm

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

just re-listened to this awesome poo poo

The Advantage should be on everyones playlists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8IwZg2g6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzcGuR_0Pc

this is the true canon

cgs: did the quiet fight, eventually did the supply drop thing and got s rank after spending an hour with CQC barely doing anything and then she kept running before i could try using a stun punch

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

if anyone needs me i'll be in my bunk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

dear makers of batman: arkham knight

a good puzzle in a video game is hard to solve, but easy to execute. the best portal puzzles are like this, it may take you quite a while to piece together how to solve it but once it clicks you can do it without fail

putting a button on a wall that you have to press by accelerating the batmobile and then ejecting at just the right second to fly across a pit and hit the button is not a challenging puzzle to solve, but it is very frustrating if you need perfect timing on both the boost and the ejection. this goes doubly so when a failure means you have to return to the batmobile, get in it again, back up, and try again.

in short gently caress this riddler challenge and gently caress that catwomans entire story is "dear mr bat man please save me from the riddler"

its not well explained but anything that boosts batman in the air (car ejection, grapple accelerator thing, diving) allows you to fly upwards quite a bit. once I figured that out it made that puzzle way easier.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you are having trouble being spotted while driving in Metal Gear just drive around the outposts, theres always an offroad path to the left or right of the road that you can just cruise though.

Though you should really be stealing all those men for your ocean clubhouse.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YyG5D68ags

Now in video form.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

:prepop:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also the amount of detail in akrham knight is crazy. its no wonder texture loading is a problem.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
how exactly does FOB poo poo work. are only people on my security team steal-able?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i was wondering if there was even a single person in the entire world who fell for that obvious fake out.

i guess so.

tbf i stumbled on that scene accidentally and was only half paying attention to it when it happened

also i am remarkably bad at predicting plot twists in literally any form of fiction

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

its not well explained but anything that boosts batman in the air (car ejection, grapple accelerator thing, diving) allows you to fly upwards quite a bit. once I figured that out it made that puzzle way easier.

how, pull back on the stick?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

goty 2015 mario maker is out today, you should buy it

jah bless

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

how, pull back on the stick?

yeah. when batman's airspeed is boosted he has like contrails or w/e to let u know you can go up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

tbf i stumbled on that scene accidentally and was only half paying attention to it when it happened

also i am remarkably bad at predicting plot twists in literally any form of fiction

the death happens offscreen and you don't check the body!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bump_fn posted:

how exactly does FOB poo poo work. are only people on my security team steal-able?

anyone who you haven't set as a "direct contract" or is story-related is stealable if the enemy makes it to the objective (a door usually near the highest point of the main strut that only opens when not in combat alert).

e: only dudes on your security team will actually patrol your FOB and be stealable by fulton, though.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

http://gfycat.com/PotableGlamorousCuttlefish

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

lol

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

BBJoey posted:

anyone who you haven't set as a "direct contract" or is story-related is stealable if the enemy makes it to the objective (a door usually near the highest point of the main strut that only opens when not in combat alert).

e: only dudes on your security team will actually patrol your FOB and be stealable by fulton, though.
how's direct contract work? does it just mean a "I like this guy please do not steal" lock and that's it?

God bless modders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
auugh i forgot to lock a special named unit and he got stolen in an FOB invasion. FOB stuff is real annoying i wish i didnt opt in to this. i found a way around it though so no big deal.

• Locked thread