Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Did it start that way from day one? Rift was really enjoyable for awhile there, I'd be mildly surprised if the initial time period came from a lovely environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
The continuing nerd rage about this game a year after most goons quit is amazing to behold. It seems like half the people here treat the game with the same level of contempt as a father who left them as a child only to show up again when they became rich and famous. But given the way they also treat $150 like it is Yamashita's Gold, that definitely can't be it.

Finndo fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 10, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm enjoying ArcheAge every day

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Some people enjoy nailing their scrotums to boards too, just sayin'.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Since the game is getting so much love in here I thought I would load it up to see. I got kicked out on the character select and game was showing offline. Twitter says it's down for the 2.0 update. How long? 48 hours. :suicide:

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
There was one day that I was thinking about coming back, but all my farms that I didn't pay rent on didn't come back to me, or they did and my mail expired. No way I wanted to make new characters just to get farms or have to pay to buy other peoples.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Finndo posted:

The continuing nerd rage about this game a year after most goons quit is amazing to behold. It seems like half the people here treat the game with the same level of contempt as a father who left them as a child only to show up again when they became rich and famous. But given the way they also treat $150 like it is Yamashita's Gold, that definitely can't be it.

is there anyone here actually mad about archeage or just here to beat a long dead horse like me

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Eonwe posted:

is there anyone here actually mad about archeage or just here to beat a long dead horse like me

That's an............interesting...........avatar you have. Sounds like story time.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jabro posted:

Since the game is getting so much love in here I thought I would load it up to see. I got kicked out on the character select and game was showing offline. Twitter says it's down for the 2.0 update. How long? 48 hours. :suicide:

Yeah they announced the downtime like a month ago

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

That's an............interesting...........avatar you have. Sounds like story time.

This one is from a permabanned star citizen j4g bitcoin ephebophile who registered yesterday pretending to be his own girlfriend

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

This one is from a permabanned star citizen j4g bitcoin ephebophile who registered yesterday pretending to be his own girlfriend

What a weird combination of words.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
and yet, thats what he is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way pcos bill nobody gives you enough credit for your av

its very good

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009

Uziduke posted:

There was one day that I was thinking about coming back, but all my farms that I didn't pay rent on didn't come back to me, or they did and my mail expired. No way I wanted to make new characters just to get farms or have to pay to buy other peoples.

I was in the same situation. I put in a ticket and got it all back.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I just wanna see how long it can keep going. Give the horse a kick every now and then.

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009
I think you're all forgetting how much fun it was to sell goon squad exclusive membership and push people off airships with your donkey.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Finndo posted:

Dudes just wanted to fish and pirate and really hurt their soul when the final game was bad.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a real shame the guild leadership was full of thin skinned little babies who cried their eyes out at mean words on their video game screens though.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I think you mean it was real loving awesome, the drama this game inspired was the best part.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Finding out how many people were cool with associating with a sexual predator was a real loss of goon innocence for me.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but have you seen this wool?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Finding out how many people were cool with associating with a sexual predator was a real loss of goon innocence for me.

Same same same

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Man I feel like I've missed some crazy rear end stories going on in this forum place. Curse my tendency to be 10+ years late to things.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

I was already long out of Goon Squad by the time I heard about that

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Charles Bukowski posted:

I kind of wish I had played with goons on AA so I could have seen this trainwreck from the inside.

Only real drama my guild really had was a bunch of recruits and the resident guild rear end in a top hat dropping N-bombs on a live stream one night.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got kicked out of goon squad twice

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deki posted:

I kind of wish I had played with goons on AA so I could have seen this trainwreck from the inside.

Only real drama my guild really had was a bunch of recruits and the resident guild rear end in a top hat dropping N-bombs on a live stream one night.

Most of the good drama gets posted to the forums anyway. If you weren't an officer all you would have seen was a bunch of confused/sad/angry people milling around wondering WTF.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Archeage is the best

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

I got kicked out of goon squad twice

I got kicked twice before you, suck it
and from the forums too :smug:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I think it reflects more on the kind of people that would try to be Guild Leadership in a video game than it does on goons, although maybe it's the deadly combination of both at once that really does it

Pretty much all the people defending that guy or getting irate about it were part of one of those creepy cliques dumb nerds on the internet get into. They were also trying to extort all the wide eyed random goons into giving them fishing money to build a castle or something

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I am legit mad about archeage this loving game was something special

haha just kidding i played for 5 minutes then uninstalled

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deki posted:

OH MY GOD NOT BAD WORDS

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011

Bozonofski posted:

I think you're all forgetting how much fun it was to sell goon squad exclusive membership and push people off airships with your donkey.

Times change... nobody takes the airships anymore. You have to scoop them onto your skateboard and dump them on mobs now.

swim416
Jul 26, 2006

FYI we are now in a period of Trion High Alert. Over the next 48 hours they are merging servers, bringing new servers online, and deploying a new version of the client.

Obviously Trion is good at all of these things and there will be no drama. And they promise to crack down on hackers!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

swim416 posted:

FYI we are now in a period of Trion High Alert. Over the next 48 hours they are merging servers, bringing new servers online, and deploying a new version of the client.

Obviously Trion is good at all of these things and there will be no drama. And they promise to crack down on hackers!

Their track record is spotless! I for one will be pressing the login button at exactly the time they said the servers will be up and will be the first to get all the lands.

Who am i kidding, I will be reading the forums, i am almost excited for the tears that flow.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've been reading their forums to watch the screaming about lost land ever since the merger announcement. :allears:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
They're not merging, they're evolving, get it right.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

PCOS Bill posted:

OH MY GOD NOT BAD WORDS

See, you say that, but the guys we were fighting all the time made it into this big thing and tried to get Trion to ban people because they were so offended. It was actually pretty funny watching them try so hard to pretend they weren't saying equally lovely stuff on a daily basis.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

miserable poo poo pubbie Stockholm syndromed to miserable poo poo game posted:

Yeah, it's hard not to see Trion as having milked this merger for financial gain.

1. They don't bake the tax downpayment into the 'pre-made demo houses', so they create a demand spike for tax certs (a marketplace item)
2. They don't refund the remaining taxes on demo'd land
3. They promise tax certs will be included in the comp package (which discourages many players from churning labor into taxes)
4. They announce after servers have went down that comp tax certs won't arrive in time for land rush
5. They design the merger to ensure that Auction Houses will be completely devoid of Tax Certs when land rush starts
6. You can bet your rear end that the Marketplace will be humming at peak efficiency when the servers go online

Worse, they also milked the merged server players for Inventory Expansion Scrolls...

1. Tell everyone that they need to get everything that is important to them into their inventory or warehouse
2. Chose to delay compensation until after servers go down, which means Expansion Scrolls won't be provided to players starved for storage space
3. Took the Auction Houses down a few days prior to merger making Marketplace the only way for desprate customers to get Expansion Scrolls
4. Had a 2for1 sale on Expansion Scrolls leading up to mergers
5. Profit

It's just gaudy. I mean, right in your face cash grabbing unethical extorsion.

You can't even write it off as incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

OH MY GOD NOT BAD WORDS

Saying racist stuff is insanely bad, actually

• Locked thread