Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

Were you significantly insulted by my insult? You big dumb dipshit

I don't see how smelling like poop and playing dodgeball is an insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Gronk scores :getin:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I don't see how smelling like poop and playing dodgeball is an insult.

Well it is. Just like being handsome and smart are qualities that you do not possess.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Gronk scores :getin:

Brady has a td and 120 yards in the first quarter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

Well it is. Just like being handsome and smart are qualities that you do not possess.

Please don't call my mom a liar.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Please don't call my mom a liar.

The thing about reality is it is subjective. So your mother might have thought you were smart and handsome, but her definition of smart might have been really really ugly and her definition of handsome might have been really really dumb.

Actually take away that might have because that's definitely the case.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

My votefinderrequest: randomly post pictures of butts in the thread.

I'm dropping everything to work on this though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mafia thread I refereed my first football game today :toot: In my many years of being a sports official this is the first time I actually got to wear those zebra stripes.

Unfortunately on the way home I got a flat. Cell service was in and out because rural Arkansas is that way but eventually I got ahold of my wife and she came to the rescue. That's my cool story for the day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Mafia thread I refereed my first football game today :toot: In my many years of being a sports official this is the first time I actually got to wear those zebra stripes.

Unfortunately on the way home I got a flat. Cell service was in and out because rural Arkansas is that way but eventually I got ahold of my wife and she came to the rescue. That's my cool story for the day.

Do you not know how to change a tire? Or did you not have a spare tire?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

Congrats on reffing football! What were the challenges? Football is a very busy game, how do you manage it?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hahaha bottle knight you're gonna murder me this week

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Gronk had a great game but my steelers were pretty cold

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I opened a game sign up for it!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741211

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Do you not know how to change a tire? Or did you not have a spare tire?

No spare

CCKeane posted:

Congrats on reffing football! What were the challenges? Football is a very busy game, how do you manage it?

The challenge for me was just what you mention: there's so much going on that it can be hard to know what to focus on. I'm used to soccer where focus is rarely not with the ball. Football responsibility has each official take a different area of the field/eligible receiver to worry about, which is a nice way to make sure everything's covered. I was Umpire tonight, so I watched Guard/Center/Guard mostly for false starts and holding. Resisting the urge to just watch where the ball went was the hardest thing. It was a good learning experience.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Speaking of football, diqnol and I are up 14-0 early on Byers. Owns.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

No spare

The challenge for me was just what you mention: there's so much going on that it can be hard to know what to focus on. I'm used to soccer where focus is rarely not with the ball. Football responsibility has each official take a different area of the field/eligible receiver to worry about, which is a nice way to make sure everything's covered. I was Umpire tonight, so I watched Guard/Center/Guard mostly for false starts and holding. Resisting the urge to just watch where the ball went was the hardest thing. It was a good learning experience.

First of all, I am glad it wasn't because you don't know how to change a tire, because while I am pretty open minded I do judge people who drive and can't change a tire.

As to reffing, that makes a lot of sense, I figured it would be something like that. I thought you reffed basketball, not soccer for some reason.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

chaoslord posted:

No spare

Never enough refs. Had a longer post but it got eaten by something.apk. thanks for making the game able to be played by reffing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

As to reffing, that makes a lot of sense, I figured it would be something like that. I thought you reffed basketball, not soccer for some reason.

College D1 basketball is where the money is at. If I can ever convince my wife that quitting my corporate job to referee different sports year round is a Very Good Financial Decision, I'm gonna get into basketball fast.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Gronk had a great game but my steelers were pretty cold

did you see the final minute?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Captain Foo posted:

Never enough refs. Had a longer post but it got eaten by something.apk. thanks for making the game able to be played by reffing.

I had games cancelled/rescheduled growing up because of officials shortages, it's the worst. I'm happy to be able to give back to the sports that have brought me so many good memories.

I also understand completely about the awful app being a dirty dirty post eater :argh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

College D1 basketball is where the money is at. If I can ever convince my wife that quitting my corporate job to referee different sports year round is a Very Good Financial Decision, I'm gonna get into basketball fast.

I can offer you a dodgeball reffing spot if you move to New York City. Your compensation can be a coupon for free membership to a dodgeball league.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

did you see the final minute?

I honestly didn't, what happened?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I honestly didn't, what happened?

Brown caught a TD with 2 seconds left haha

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Brown caught a TD with 2 seconds left haha

I just checked my score :catstare:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My friends and I got stuck on some American highway with a flat once and while between us we knew how to change a tire, we couldn't figure out how to get the hubcaps off the wheels so we had to call CAA/AAA.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Little Mac posted:

I asked my job for some time off, a week in October and a week in May. The latter because I'm officiating a wedding and the former because my best friend won a trip to Disneyworld and wanted to take me with his family. My job denied me the October week for no real reason, in spite of the fact that I have taken a grand total of zero days off in the two and a half years I've been here, while others take multiple days all the time and some don't even call in.

I'm upset. :(

As someone who's in charge of scheduling and holidays at my company, I can guarantee that they did have a reason for denying it. Nobody's going to just deny someone holiday to be a dick (unless you've done something personally to make them not like you), where they're going wrong is not taking the time to explain the reason from the business's perspective. Ask your schedule manager if you can have a chat and see if something can be worked out.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Being an adult is really really hard.

So is being a teacher. I got to school at 8:30 today and started working on stuff I needed to get done. Did that until 10:55 when I started teaching. Lunch break at 12:35, cut that short to get work done, taught again at 1:15 to 3:00, after school work until 4:00 where I ran home, changed, ironed, put together documents, went back to school to prep for back to school night which I was doing until it started at 6:30, did that until 8:35, parent meeting until 9:20, met with a parent until 9:52, drove home, wrote two e-mails, responded to one, and now it is 12:01 and my day is done.

I realize I get summers off and I don't actually start work until 10:55 if I wasn't coming in early to do stuff, and I get done at 2:55 every day, and I have 1 or 2 week breaks all the time, but days like this!!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
days like that sound pretty good

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes I love working from 8:30AM to 12AM and getting paid for 4 hours of it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yes but you can't replace that feeling when you pull your shoes off at the end of that day and then the beer that follows

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is true :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quidnose posted:

Being an adult is really really hard.

So is being a teacher. I got to school at 8:30 today and started working on stuff I needed to get done. Did that until 10:55 when I started teaching. Lunch break at 12:35, cut that short to get work done, taught again at 1:15 to 3:00, after school work until 4:00 where I ran home, changed, ironed, put together documents, went back to school to prep for back to school night which I was doing until it started at 6:30, did that until 8:35, parent meeting until 9:20, met with a parent until 9:52, drove home, wrote two e-mails, responded to one, and now it is 12:01 and my day is done.

I realize I get summers off and I don't actually start work until 10:55 if I wasn't coming in early to do stuff, and I get done at 2:55 every day, and I have 1 or 2 week breaks all the time, but days like this!!!!

I feel ya, man...

Except my school day is from 8:30 to 4:30...

And I'm normally here from 7 to 5...

And we have seemingly daily meetings that leave us with no planning period...

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I sympathize with all of you. I work from 9am to 3pm and napping and playing 3DS is allowed and encouraged.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

because I am a glutton for punishment I am opening another game in ~a day. it is called A Charnel in Charnaz...

I read that as Camel. If you had done that you could've started creating an Ottoman-esque region for the Ecco-verse.

How does everyone catch up in thread? I search for myself, and I'm mercifully non-existant, afterwards I find that people like merk and ecco will regularly respond or chat about actual game stuff so I search for their posts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

I sympathize with all of you. I work from 9am to 3pm and napping and playing 3DS is allowed and encouraged.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I read that as Camel. If you had done that you could've started creating an Ottoman-esque region for the Ecco-verse.

wellllll the name is a reference to the polish word for "black" which in turn is a reference to the ancient egyptian name for themselves ("land of the black sand"). so I am sure there are camels! probably whole caravans!

you should be a replacement!

remember this every time keane complains about being bored at work! know that he is way too hashtag blessed to ever whine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

wellllll the name is a reference to the polish word for "black" which in turn is a reference to the ancient egyptian name for themselves ("land of the black sand"). so I am sure there are camels! probably whole caravans!

remember this every time keane complains about being bored at work! know that he is way too hashtag blessed to ever whine.

My engineering aptitude is second only to my talent for complaining. I'll find a way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not home yet. I will be on the 23rd. Sorry for letting you down. Again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm not home yet. I will be on the 23rd. Sorry for letting you down. Again.

it hasn't started yet nor has it filled up yet plus it's me so it'll probably start in november :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

it hasn't started yet nor has it filled up yet plus it's me so it'll probably start in november :v:

Well then in that case we shall see.