Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
We usually check in right after getting off the magical express. The hotels know when the busses show up. We usually pack our swimsuits and a change of clothes in our carry ons and hit the pool or downtown Disney after getting in. Sometimes it can take a couple of hours for your bags to show up if they're not on the same bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Uziel posted:

That makes sense. My 34 year old wife was carded in the England section of Epcot for a beer, and we left our wallets/IDs in the room thinking that the Magic Band would have this info. It sucked.

I'd recommend taking your wallet and ID with you any time you leave the hotel on vacation just for emergencies.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Abu Dave posted:

yeah braksgirl talked me into getting them. I did bad planning my airplane trip though as we get to Florida at like 12 PM and check in isnt until 3 PM and we have a similiar "problem" on our last day there; the plane leaves at 8 PM.

I was kinda thinking the first day we'll get there, rent a car and go to a store but then I remembered we\re doing magical express so we have to kill hours some way before check in. Half debating on adding another ticket to my plan so we can just kill the afternoon in a park, or is there things to do to kill the time at the resort possibly?

I'm doing the same thing in a few months; my flight gets in at 10am my first day. I've gotten in early before (during slow season) and had a room ready I could check into, so that might happen, but your bags won't show up for hours after. If the room isn't ready yet, Magical Express will hold your bags and deliver them automatically to your room when it's ready, so bring some sunscreen in your carry on, go swimming/lounge at the hotel, wander around Downtown Disney (Disney Springs? W/E) and have a sandwich, catch a bus to AK Lodge, or Polynesian, or any other deluxe resort really, and wander around (I've heard that some of the top tier hotels have little tours, but have not seen evidence online outside of one at Boardwalk Inn), go play some miniature golf. There is plenty to do that isn't at the parks, and should only whet your appetite for finally getting through the gates the next morning.

The last day, I'd add an extra day at the parks. 8pm is late enough to get thoroughly exhausted before crashing on a plane for a few hours, and again, Disney will take your bags when you check out and hold them until they get shipped to the airport before your flight.

When you say go to the store, you meaning grocery store? I have done online grocery delivery service in the past and it's awesome. Disney has held the stuff for me until I got back, even refrigerating the milk for me.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

I was kinda thinking the first day we'll get there, rent a car and go to a store but then I remembered we\re doing magical express so we have to kill hours some way before check in. Half debating on adding another ticket to my plan so we can just kill the afternoon in a park, or is there things to do to kill the time at the resort possibly?

We arrived around 11am and since Disney was handling luggage we just went straight to the bus stop and headed to Downtown Disney for a few hours. It worked out well since we were tired from traveling and we didn't use a ticket on a half day. You could also hop on the monorail and visit the hotels on the route which are pretty nice to look around.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah that sounds like a good idea. Can you just add a extra day at the reduced rate once you're at the parks?

What online grocery service did you guys use?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Abu Dave posted:

yeah braksgirl talked me into getting them. I did bad planning my airplane trip though as we get to Florida at like 12 PM and check in isnt until 3 PM and we have a similiar "problem" on our last day there; the plane leaves at 8 PM.

There's a lot of fun outside the parks too.

- The miniature golf courses are REALLY nice.
- Downtown Disney Springs has shopping, restaurants, a Cirque du Soleil show, and DisneyQuest (if it's not shut down yet).
- The water parks are separate tickets (they're not part of Park Hopper unless you get another add-on), and even in December it's often warm enough to go watersliding.
- Most of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts have really nicely themed pools and unique walking areas to explore.

You can definitely kill an evening without setting foot inside a park.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We will probably drink and hang by the pools and such. Perhaps Downtown Disney. I forgot about all of those things.

Silly side question, I heard about a streaming online radio station that plays like park music and ads and such and everything is time synched to whats actually happening in the parks right now. Anyone know what i'm talking about? I can't find it anymore.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WhiteHowler posted:

There's a lot of fun outside the parks too.

- The miniature golf courses are REALLY nice.
- Downtown Disney Springs has shopping, restaurants, a Cirque du Soleil show, and DisneyQuest (if it's not shut down yet).
- The water parks are separate tickets (they're not part of Park Hopper unless you get another add-on), and even in December it's often warm enough to go watersliding.
- Most of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts have really nicely themed pools and unique walking areas to explore.

You can definitely kill an evening without setting foot inside a park.

poo poo, you could kill a whole week's vacation just wandering around outside the parks. All of the resorts are unique and many are themed in interesting ways with unique restaurants (the budget hotels like Pop Century and Wide World of ____ are best for fans of whatever they happen to be themed around), and many have activities for guests and entertainment options.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Abu Dave posted:

You don't have to kill time with check in. You can check in and if your room isn't ready just leave your bags with bell services. Then you can hit a park if you want or walk around Downtown Disney or whatever.

And my reasoning on the hoppers was that they're going the week of Christmas when crowds will be heavy. Having the flexibility to leave a crowded park and hit a less crowded one will be a good thing.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
45 day mark for our trip. Waiting is painful

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Bottom Liner posted:

To be fair, a lot of the country staff in EPCOT are contracted companies and not Disney employees, including the French quick service place.

It was at MK

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm making my trip's FP selections at midnight tonight. I'm so excited...I'm so excited...I'm so tired.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd recommend taking your wallet and ID with you any time you leave the hotel on vacation just for emergencies.

Never not bring ID else you are a John Doe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

I'm making my trip's FP selections at midnight tonight. I'm so excited...I'm so excited...I'm so tired.

Be sure to book me a front row seat at the Hall of Presidents.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'll schedule that one for naptime.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tunga posted:

Look at this amateur.

Drink Around the World? No, what you want to do is the Epcot Gravitational Sligshot:
Down one shot in each pavilion and then ride Mission Space (Orange).

(Don't do this.)

Did the modified form of this, one drink per pavilion, instead of shots. Didn't puke. Should have been a fighter pilot.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
35ish days left. I am so freaking excited.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm at day 60 today. Tried to get Anna & Elsa FP at midnight and couldn't get them for my entire trip, which is a bummer because my youngest wanted to meet them. Did get Mine Train for 2 different days so that's good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Don't worry, Anna & Elsa queue has been getting low regularly lately. The craze is finally ebbing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

One week mark!!!! So excited.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Braksgirl posted:

I'm at day 60 today. Tried to get Anna & Elsa FP at midnight and couldn't get them for my entire trip, which is a bummer because my youngest wanted to meet them. Did get Mine Train for 2 different days so that's good.

We couldn't get one either on our trip, but we lucked out. We walked by during Wishes one weekday night and the sign said 30 minutes when it had been between 75 and 90 the entire trip. We said this is probably our best chance to get in there. It only took about 15 minutes though. The ladies playing the characters were amazing. For the 60 to 90 seconds they spend with the kids they make them seem like they're the only thing in their world.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That's good to know! I haven't been in about a year so I wasn't sure how things were going now. Plus, I figured we could probably pop in to see them during the Christmas Party. We have tickets for that as well.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Braksgirl posted:

That's good to know! I haven't been in about a year so I wasn't sure how things were going now. Plus, I figured we could probably pop in to see them during the Christmas Party. We have tickets for that as well.

Oh definitely. The parties are the absolute best time to do any attraction. Last year at the Halloween party we went to we rode Seven Dwarfs back to back 4-5 time in 30 minutes.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Not So Scary Halloween Party - it's happening my first day there, should I buy the extra ticket? We've got Park Hopper, though I feel my parents may be pooped from the whole day, I kind of want to go since it's my first trip. What all goes on?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Anya posted:

Not So Scary Halloween Party - it's happening my first day there, should I buy the extra ticket? We've got Park Hopper, though I feel my parents may be pooped from the whole day, I kind of want to go since it's my first trip. What all goes on?

I'm interested in this as well. Is it worth the price of admission?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

nimper posted:

My girlfriend and I did it last year and knew we'd do it every time. I'm going on the 22nd. No matter how many times you've been in Magic Kingdom, there's such a different vibe at the Halloween Party. Everybody gets a bag and they give out massive handfuls of candy around the park which is kind of cool. Very little wait for lines, and lots of original event-only things going on. Plus event-only food and merch. I'm a fan of that because I am into Pin Trading. The fireworks alone are worth the price. While I can't speak for other events, I've heard they're the best Magic Kingdom does all year.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At a minimum you've got a new fireworks show, parade, and castle show to see and a ghost interacting with guests in the Haunted Mansion queue. You also get the opportunity for plenty of free candy and get to spend a relatively long night in a really atmospheric park.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
And you get to wear a costume to the park. That's the biggest one for me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Over the last three days Disney (MK) announces you can have dessert on the ferry to watch Wishes.. for $99/pp and best of all yesterday there was a fire at the Norway pavillion which is a God's way of telling Disney that the approval for Frozen at Epcot is not blessed.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a similiar question to the christmas party because the first day we're there will be the last day of that. is that worth it at all?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If you are thinking about doing parties, make sure to buy the tickets now because it's less expensive than at the gate.

Halloween Party is absolutely worth the price of admission. Jury is out on the Christmas party for me, I'm going in Nov. I think the parties are worth it just because they're limited entry and it's a good way to get into a less crowded park, not to mention all the special parades and fireworks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i'd have to miss out on the fireworks so to me it'd be the extra rides, but tbh i'm mostly concerned about all the flashing christmas lights for my gf so I'll probably just skip it, i'm guessing the parks will be decorated for Christmas anyways during the day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can you still get free hot chocolate and cookies at Very Merry?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

nimper posted:

Weve had a great time every time. In Universal talk, we have seen a ton of super cheap travel deals lately and are headed out again in October, is the season pass worth the extra like $30 over a 3 day pass if we think we might go again within the year? The website kinda sucks at explaining the tiers/benefits.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Our trip next March is actually booked into 3 separate reservations, today we got to make the first of our ADR's. Cape May character breakfast and a BOG lunch. The Mrs. told me you can pre-order your lunch now and they just bring it to you? That's pretty neat. No dining plan this trip so we're only making a few ADR's and either cooking in the room or hitting QSR for a lot of meals.

How's Cape May for dinner?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Abu Dave posted:

We will probably drink and hang by the pools and such. Perhaps Downtown Disney. I forgot about all of those things.

Silly side question, I heard about a streaming online radio station that plays like park music and ads and such and everything is time synched to whats actually happening in the parks right now. Anyone know what i'm talking about? I can't find it anymore.

Do you mean MouseWorld Radio? It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :sparkles:

Does anyone know if there's a definite shut down date for Disney Quest? I'm headed down in February and never got to visit it.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I am very lucky and am going to Disneyland in October (with tickets for the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party) and Disneyworld in March.

Question: we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn, and it says a "quick walk" to Epcot. My dad has a bad back- is it a quick walk?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

chitoryu12 posted:

Can you still get free hot chocolate and cookies at Very Merry?

Yep, as far as I know!

Leelee posted:

Question: we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn, and it says a "quick walk" to Epcot. My dad has a bad back- is it a quick walk?

I would say at a moderate pace it's about a 10 min walk. You can take the Friendship boats if that's too far. It's not a bad walk but at the end of the day when your feet are tired, those boats are a welcome sight.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rahonavis posted:

Do you mean MouseWorld Radio? It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :sparkles:

Does anyone know if there's a definite shut down date for Disney Quest? I'm headed down in February and never got to visit it.

I thought it would be soon, but easywdw seems to think it won't be until summer 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-one-more-time/

Sad to see them go, but pumped I get to see them this year