Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ElCondemn posted:

I really enjoy them, and I enjoy that Scott hates them, in fact if the plug themes could be longer I'd be happy.

Bring back jukebox jury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

The new no no's.

I don't get it. I don't mean to be that guy, but I honestly don't get it and they annoy the poo poo out of me.

What's the joke?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Billy the Mountain posted:

The new no no's.

I don't get it. I don't mean to be that guy, but I honestly don't get it and they annoy the poo poo out of me.

What's the joke?

The joke is that he's worked up about literally nothing, usually doesn't make sense. He's using Bill Maher's new rules formula for his nonsense nitpicks.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The new no no's.

What's the joke?

new no no. billy the mountain tells the jokes now.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The new no no's.

What's the joke?

New No-No: Not knowing who Bill Maher is.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I love that Paul fully understood the concept of New No-Nos when he did it the first time, then has gradually forgotten it ever since.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It kind of suits the timekeepers character that he doesn't know that Big Ben is the name of the bell, the clock is just Clock Tower.

Although Wiki tells me it's now known as Elizabeth Tower, after the Queen. Let's never call it that. Let's just stick to Big Ben, to annoy both her and pedants like me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

a worthy uhh posted:

P*L*U*G*S is still the crowning achievement in plugs themes

Yep.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

CherryDoom posted:

Hey man, the only reason I can listen to podcasts all drat day is because I have a boring rear end job that lets me use earbuds. If I didn't have a job I'd be playing video games or sleeping. Start the clock new no no, I should have to pay earwolf since I'm getting paid to listen to earwolf.

I have some good news for you!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

a worthy uhh posted:

P*L*U*G*S is still the crowning achievement in plugs themes

It's this one
https://m.soundcloud.com/strangefellowmusic/dickey-weaselbottoms-plugtime

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just as good as PFT's laughing is Sarah Burns cracking the hell up on Spontaneanation every time Chris Tallman does Nick Nolte. Especially the first time. She can barely take it, and just giggles the entire time.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Plug themes, you say?

https://soundcloud.com/extraspecialband/best-friends

I mean, come on.

It loses something without Lord, Miller, and Gabrus freaking out at various parts though.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 12, 2015

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punch Card posted:

Plug themes, you say?

I mean, come on.

It loses something without Lord, Miller, and Gabrus freaking out at various parts though.

Agreed. It needs the laughter when it dawns on them it's just going to keep looping.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Punch Card posted:

Plug themes, you say?

I mean, come on.

I thought that was called P*L*U*G*S. My mistake.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

a worthy uhh posted:

That's what I thought you meant too. Cause it's the right answer.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

a worthy uhh posted:

I forgot Friends used the star between letters thing too so I just thought you were referencing some M*A*S*H-themed plug I couldn't recall!

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Did anyone else notice Fran's strange voice cracking throughout the show? I was listening with a friend and I pointed it out to him, but it didn't become really prominent until Scott called her out on it towards the end of the show. It sounded like someone was screaming for help far away! Horrifying!

Totally grep, though!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's pretty funny how many female comedians love playing teenage boys on the show, usually with large amounts of weird sex stuff involved.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

EL BROMANCE posted:

The Irish accent is a work of art. Didn't it get reference on a show not long after?

He hosted an episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus as the character (Episode 19, a Lil' Dab'll Do Ya' with Dabney Coleperson)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

He hosted an episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus as the character (Episode 19, a Lil' Dab'll Do Ya' with Dabney Coleperson)

Dabney isn't the Irish character. Dabney is the caricature artist from one of Wompler's birthday episodes.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
WOMP IT THE gently caress UP

edit: this is amazing so far

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 14, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh sweet, I forgot that was this week!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Felt very small compared to other birthdays, but great ep. Jason seemed a little rusty on his Kareem backstory.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Feces Pieces

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I feel like Dabney and Jarles would get along well.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big fan of Scott's attempts to dismantle the elaborate backstory he's helped create in this episode

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Big fan of Lauren mixing up the engineers.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I just like Jason's Muttleyesque laugh. Every time June sets him off in HDTGM.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Big fan of Lauren mixing up the engineers.

I thought 'Engineer Cody" was just another word for engineer.

[What podcast/ep was that from? I wanna say a UTU2TM]

VVV Probably. I just remember 'Engineer Cody Cody' becoming a thing.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 15, 2015

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

The Ape of Naples posted:

I thought 'Engineer Cody" was just another word for engineer.

[What podcast/ep was that from? I wanna say a UTU2TM]

I think Scott mentioned Engineer Cody but Scott corrected him, saying it was Brett, who then became Engineer Cody Brett.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

xbilkis posted:

Big fan of Scott's attempts to dismantle the elaborate backstory he's helped create in this episode

Should've run a counter on the number of times he said the word 'reboot'. Apparently he thought Jessica just hadn't heard him and if he kept doing it, she would take the prompt and 'yes, and' the entire Womplerverse out of existence.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
am I bad CBB fan if I only listen to an episode if PFT, Zouks, or Wompler is on it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'd say that makes you more of a those three-fan.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes, you're a bad fan. But I do tend to find myself skipping episodes occasionally these days if I've never heard of the guest and I don't hear you people rave about it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

am I bad CBB fan if I only listen to an episode if PFT, Zouks, or Wompler is on it
This sounds like a pretty good system but no Lapkus love?

edit: Oh and Gabrus!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I still like a good Daly, Adomian, or Kroll, even though they don't appear as often anymore.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Daly, Gelman, Heidecker only

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I've basically got a handful of people where it's a guaranteed listen (PFT, Nong Man, Daly, Lapkus), and some who I'll try to listen to depending on the particular character (Adomian, basically). Anything else I'll just listen to if I get around to it/feel like it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I listen to every episode the moment it comes out but then again the AV Club pays me to review it so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How hard could that be? Just give every episode a C+

e: not nearly enough Paul Rust love in this thread. Or Brendon Small. Or John Gemberling.

Can this be where we start making our fantasy episode lists? I'd probably have to go with either the silly episode with Zouks, Parham, Daly or the deadpan episode with Scott, Schwartz, and Notaro.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 15, 2015