Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Was debating doing the upgrade program but figured I'd just order directly through verizon. I'll let people try it out for a year and then maybe pick up a 7 with it next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm from Ireland and U.S. data plans are literally criminal. I pay the equivalent of around $30 a month for unlimited data/texts/same network calls and other networks are free on weekends.

In Australia a sim only contract from our highest quality carrier is $95 for 6gb.

I typically get LTE speeds around 80-100 megabits though.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So I wasn't able to keep my grandfathered unlimited att plan through the app or the att website. It only would let me do next/full price on the app and full price on att website. I ordered it through apple on next. Any chance I can call up att and explain the problem to them? If not I'll just cancel it and go through att over the phone.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Awesome, thanks!

Do I have to switch from my unlimited to a mobile share plan before buying, or can I also do that afterward when I'm porting her number to my 6?

I know this is late, but either way is fine.

Edit: I guess I should have posted this on bold letters before today:

ATT still does two year contracts, but only through the att.com website or through ATT company owned stores. Apple cannot do two year contracts.

Zetterberg: the two year pricing is more expensive on the mobile share plan you are switching to, so you didn't lose out anyway.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 12, 2015

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duckman2008 posted:

I know this is late, but either way is fine.

Edit: I guess I should have posted this on bold letters before today:

ATT still does two year contracts, but only through the att.com website or through ATT company owned stores. Apple cannot do two year contracts.

Zetterberg: the two year pricing is more expensive on the mobile share plan you are switching to, so you didn't lose out anyway.

I'm talking with an ATT rep online, and she is saying the $200 option no longer exists. I won't pay the $749 up front for the iphone 6s 64gb, but will pay 24.97/month instead, and I keep my unlimited plan. That doesn't make sense.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

spongeworthy posted:

Couldn't order since I have one payment on my AT&T Next plan left before eligible to upgrade. Oh well...not ready to give up my jailbreak anyhow. Guess I'll wait and see what happens on that front with the new phone.

You can pay it through AT&T right now and still order to get the phone on the 25th.

Or bypass the whole thing and schedule a reservation to utilize the iPhone Upgrade Program

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Ordered the 6s 64gb at 3 am and woke up second guessing myself thinking maybe I should go to the 6S Plus. I haven't ever wanted to carry a television screen around before but now, for some apparent reason, I'm interested. To those of you who have the Plus, how is it in your pocket or at the gym? I guess that's the two things I'm worried most about since I'm afraid it'd be just to massive.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

I'm talking with an ATT rep online, and she is saying the $200 option no longer exists. I won't pay the $749 up front for the iphone 6s 64gb, but will pay 24.97/month instead, and I keep my unlimited plan. That doesn't make sense.

Don't talk to the online reps, they're awful.

You should still be able to do two year contracts over the phone, in store or on att.com, assuming you're off contract currently.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

woke up and preordered my phone. guess it didn't matter since the site is still accepting orders for 9/25 delivery :raise:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duckman2008 posted:

Don't talk to the online reps, they're awful.

You should still be able to do two year contracts over the phone, in store or on att.com, assuming you're off contract currently.

Alright, they transferred me to another rep and he said he could do it, but I need to cancel my app store purchase first...which means waking up at 3 am was a waste of time and I guess I'll get my phone a month later than expected.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

suddenlyissoon posted:

Ordered the 6s 64gb at 3 am and woke up second guessing myself thinking maybe I should go to the 6S Plus. I haven't ever wanted to carry a television screen around before but now, for some apparent reason, I'm interested. To those of you who have the Plus, how is it in your pocket or at the gym? I guess that's the two things I'm worried most about since I'm afraid it'd be just to massive.

The only option I have at the gym is set it on the floor. Too big for an arm band and even in a large pocket it still feels goofy. Crud I'm talking myself out of my plus right now.

Edit: I just replaced my 6 plus with the 6s. I tried talking myself into keeping it but it's just too big.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 12, 2015

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So what's the consensus for us with prepaid plans? I'd love to do Apple's upgrade program but I'm not seeing any solid information on how to do it if you're not on the big names.

Edit: Oh, GSMArena also lists the phones as having 2gb of ram? When did that get confirmed?

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 12, 2015

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Lblitzer posted:

So what's the consensus for us with prepaid plans? I'd love to do Apple's upgrade program but I'm not seeing any solid information on how to do it if you're not on the big names.

Edit: Oh, GSMArena also lists the phones as having 2gb of ram? When did that get confirmed?

From what I've read even the apple reps are giving different answers. I didn't want to reserve and then be told my tmobile prepaid plan wouldn't work with the upgrade program, soI just went with a Verizon plan this year, I'll see what the details are and decide if I want to hop on that for the 7.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't think it did

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003
I'm used to having a Tylt Vu for my charging on my Android phones.

Any recommended dock/stand for an iPhone 6s Plus?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Boner Wad posted:

I'm used to having a Tylt Vu for my charging on my Android phones.

Any recommended dock/stand for an iPhone 6s Plus?

I’ve been using the twelvesouth HiRise from the 5 to the 6 plus and I very much like it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is the Plus leather case going to work on the SPlus? Do we yet know?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Feeling very good about downsizing to a 6s from a 6+, imo!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Feenix posted:

Is the Plus leather case going to work on the SPlus? Do we yet know?

There's only a 0.2mm difference in depth, so I'd assume so. Don't take my word for it, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Apple finally put up the terms of their upgrade plan:

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/iphoneupgrade_us/

Don't see anything super crazy, other than a line suggesting taxes and applecare+ fees will be due on the first payment and you can overpay each month to meet the equivalent of 12 months of payments if you want to upgrade early. I assume that means you can pay off the loan in full whenever you want but it doesn't state that clearly. If you do upgrade, Apple will pay off the rest of the phone for you and it's out of your life.

Nothing in there about activation requirements which is kind of annoying. Still not sure if I'd be buying a no-contract phone or not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TealShark posted:

No red leather iPhone 6s Plus case this time? I really liked the weathered look the one on my 5s had after a couple of months.

They're still available everywhere but the online Apple Store (retail stores still have them, I'm sure). Just go buy one now and if it doesn't fit for some reason (highly unlikely), return it.

That said, if you like the weathering, I bet either of the browns (or even rose gray) will look pretty good.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Endless Mike posted:

They're still available everywhere but the online Apple Store (retail stores still have them, I'm sure). Just go buy one now and if it doesn't fit for some reason (highly unlikely), return it.

That said, if you like the weathering, I bet either of the browns (or even rose gray) will look pretty good.

Rose gray will look like poo poo in a few months max if you keep your phone in a jeans pocket with any regularity.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!

xzzy posted:

Apple finally put up the terms of their upgrade plan:

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/iphoneupgrade_us/

Don't see anything super crazy, other than a line suggesting taxes and applecare+ fees will be due on the first payment and you can overpay each month to meet the equivalent of 12 months of payments if you want to upgrade early. I assume that means you can pay off the loan in full whenever you want but it doesn't state that clearly. If you do upgrade, Apple will pay off the rest of the phone for you and it's out of your life.

Nothing in there about activation requirements which is kind of annoying. Still not sure if I'd be buying a no-contract phone or not.

Thanks for this. I imagine you can pay off the loan in full early without penalty since it is a 0% interest loan. I have my appointment setup 1030a on 9/25 for a 6s silver 64gb. I think the carrier requirement is there to not rock the boat. I hope in the future apple will drop the carrier requirement. (MVNO rumors!)

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah gently caress ATT for not letting Apple do the 2 year agreements or keep unlimited.

I had unlimited but I gave it up to get on a 15gb mobile share plan, which ended up being cheaper.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Sounds like ordering an iPhone 7 with unlimited data/getting 2 year pricing is going to be a ton of fun next year.

:negative:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Managed to order my 6s+ on the verizon business account at 12:04.

Business accounts can't do the edge program so I had to burn my upgrade.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Sounds like ordering an iPhone 7 with unlimited data/getting 2 year pricing is going to be a ton of fun next year.

:negative:
My understanding is that ATT won't let you re-up a 2 year contract pretty soon, certainly before the iPhone 7 comes out.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Walked into an empty T-Mobile store at 10 this morning, walked out at 10:30 with two order confirmations for two 6Ss. No stress or lines or refreshing madly.

:feelsgood:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Josh Lyman posted:

My understanding is that ATT won't let you re-up a 2 year contract pretty soon, certainly before the iPhone 7 comes out.

I don't think there's a firm date on this yet, but yeah, i'm afraid that's looking likely.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So I reserved my iPhone no problem (no money down because I want to do their new program) but I"m curious about something. Since it says a activation with a major carrier is required, and I am trying to keep my prepaid T-mobile plan... What's to stop me from activating the phone normally with a new number in store, walking out of the store, canceling my new T-mobile plan, and putting in my prepaid sim? It's an hour or two of headaches, but that seems like a legit way of getting around the big four as long as you have a compatible
sim. (I do).

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 12, 2015

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah gently caress ATT for not letting Apple do the 2 year agreements or keep unlimited.

I had unlimited but I gave it up to get on a 15gb mobile share plan, which ended up being cheaper.

Eh, this I would disagree with from experience. I worked in management at ATT right above an Apple store in one of the largest malls in the US, and honestly, Apple employees were awful at explaining the differences. I had so many issues of "I was never told this," that I think it is the better option.

Now, some of the issue is ATT made things complicated as hell, I don't think Apple employees purposefully lied or anything, but I think that was a big reason they changed policy (the other being they do want to upsell away from two year contracts).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, I totally get it. It's just that every year since unlimited had been a thing, I could just go into the Apple Store app and click buy iPhone and "keep current voice/data plans" and be on my way. Now I have to go through ATT's terrible website where it's a total crapshoot on if you will get a phone delivered on launch day.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I went into the local AT&T store and they said it's Next only. No subsidized pricing. Is that just store-to-store or everywhere?

edit: Verdict on Next? Worth it? The math confuses me.

Flash Gordon Ramsay fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 12, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Next is great if you have a family line with a buncha people and gigs all around.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I went into the local AT&T store and they said it's Next only. No subsidized pricing. Is that just store-to-store or everywhere?

edit: Verdict on Next? Worth it? The math confuses me.

We need to know what your plan is. This is not a yes or no question.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I stayed up till 12am est like a dummy, then thought I set an alarm for 3am, woke up at 7 and got a 64gb silver 6s Plus from Verizon with a 9/25 delivery, I'll take it!

Almost went space grey but I like the lighter phones.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Duckman2008 posted:

We need to know what your plan is. This is not a yes or no question.

5 phones on a family plan. 4 with data. 3 with unlimited data. Wanna keep the unlimited data, obviously.

edit: I do want to keep it, right?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So how can you clear out the junk on the Podcasts app? There's about 120MB – on a space-starved 16GB – in Documents and Data but I can't seem to delete it in any way. :smith:

TinTower fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 12, 2015

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just checked in with a few friends:

ATT still offers two year contract through company stores, att.com and phone orders. So if you are told no, they're probably just trying bullshitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Duckman2008 posted:

I just checked in with a few friends:

ATT still offers two year contract through company stores, att.com and phone orders. So if you are told no, they're probably just trying bullshitting.

This is what I get when I check on 2 year contracts:

Only registered members can see post attachments!