Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The FP's chest and the very back of the doctor's (Han's) backpack are also weak points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The FP charge change is v good as I can intercept it with a Pulverise alt fire to the head.

I'm p pissed about the last berserker skill being able to move in real time when there is zed time. I don't want to I love my dramatic slo mo hammer windup and delivery. I'd like it to be so you can pick to not have a skill active

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
By intercept i mean sometimes he stops for a sec idk why I don't have the stagger skill yet so idkkkk

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Insert umpteenth complaint about the Hans' melee being every so slightly overtuned here. It's great to go up against him and then moments later go "Wait, why did I die, I was at full health and 80 armor?" Because Hans decided to use his "kill player" ability.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Started suicidal difficulty and man the players are tons better in general, the carry is hard with the zerkers running around there.

Been playing with the CnB more and it holds up really drat well with the heat wave perk. Fantastic trash clearer thats dirt cheap to refill and heat wave prevents gorefasts from running your rear end down.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Suicidal is pretty tough but, yeah you will find better players that have no problem helping where help is needed.

also

SKRAKES ON A PLANE

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 12, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Alkydere posted:

Insert umpteenth complaint about the Hans' melee being every so slightly overtuned here. It's great to go up against him and then moments later go "Wait, why did I die, I was at full health and 80 armor?" Because Hans decided to use his "kill player" ability.

Medics only need to pay attention to who is being melee'd by Hans otherwise heal yourself. You caught someone who was healing someone else.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The problem with Hans slashes two shotting everyone on hard (and presumably upward) who isn't max health and armor while any other attack is basically just giving you time to heal isn't that it's tough and kills teams that didn't even break a sweat before (which it is and does), it's that it makes the boss fight a boring, one dimensional game of chance about the AI picking targets - if it picks a decent zerker that can parry you're fine, otherwise tough luck. I definitely enjoy Hans being difficult instead of trivial, but the current implementation feels about as skillfull and rewarding as playing russian roulette.

Certainly explains why i've noticed players regularly drop all their stuff and leave before the boss wave the last few days.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 12, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
does anyone want to play

http://steamcommunity.com/id/meingott/

just add me so ican play with u in future imma tf2 for a sec get some color in my life

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 12, 2015

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Quick question about the Zwei: When I parry a Scrake/FP, what's the best thing to do while they're stumbled? Do I want to go in and hit them with a light attack chain or just smack them with a heavy swing? What's the difference between fighting the big dudes with the zwei vs. the pulverizer? (I noticed someone on the last page seemed to suggest one's better for Scrakes and the other's better for FPs?)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Quick question about the Zwei: When I parry a Scrake/FP, what's the best thing to do while they're stumbled? Do I want to go in and hit them with a light attack chain or just smack them with a heavy swing? What's the difference between fighting the big dudes with the zwei vs. the pulverizer? (I noticed someone on the last page seemed to suggest one's better for Scrakes and the other's better for FPs?)

Go in for heavy attacks aimed at their heads, unless you're using a pulv on a scrake, then you should spam lights

Pulv is better for pounds because its heavy attack does explosive damage, which fp's are weak to

Zwei is better against scrakes because explosives tickle them

The thrust attack on the zwei also deals extra damage to FP's

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 12, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pulv explosive attack is great for staggering a sc, especially useful if it's targeting one of your weaker team mates

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

verbal enema posted:

does anyone want to play

just add me so ican play with u in future imma tf2 for a sec get some color in my life

Why do you need other colours than RED and EXPLOSION?

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Penpal posted:

If you don't have the $$$ to buy more than one AA12 I'll usually just stick with boomstick/AA12, and try to save the AA12 for his 3rd/4th form. If you're point-blanking with the boomstick you're doing reasonable damage, and if you're playing with a decent group of people he'll be distracted by the zerker. I've only been burned a couple of times by the massive melee damage he dishes out but he rarely targets me, even if I am firing point blank boomstick shots. It feels like you're doing nothing with the pump shotgun so I just don't use it.

The few times Hans put me in his sights and tried to melee me the medic has been on point and just riddled me with needles. As long as you have a decent zerker and medic and know how to maneuver around the levels/obstacles you can get away from Hans and live without fail

the build you just stated is pretty good -- but I've actually found myself fiddling with the combat shotgun + AA12 build as I edge myself to level 25. Sure, you do 10% less damage this way, but since the fixes made to the combat shotgun I find it's not just a viable weapon but a downright useful one for disappearing heads. Also, I know Eatpants has been all about the AA12 + microwave gun combo, because I mean why not?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

drat this game is good now. worth the wait for the patch.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When are we supposed to get the "This is what we're working on!" posts?

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Azran posted:

When are we supposed to get the "This is what we're working on!" posts?

The patch notes from yesterday were supposedly the WWAUT for this week. I imagine they're still in the design stage for the next wave of content.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there a way custom maps can get that little preview image in the map vote screen?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Okay Tripwire, time to retire the AA-12 and put in a much cooler automatic Shotgun.
They even made devices to turn the magazines into landmines! That's exactly the kind of ridiculous stuff that Killing Floor is all about.

Imagine putting down a 10-shotgun-round landmine and having a scrake step on it. With the Support penetration perk bonus?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

DatonKallandor posted:

Okay Tripwire, time to retire the AA-12 and put in a much cooler automatic Shotgun.
They even made devices to turn the magazines into landmines! That's exactly the kind of ridiculous stuff that Killing Floor is all about.

Imagine putting down a 10-shotgun-round landmine and having a scrake step on it. With the Support penetration perk bonus?

Stick some LEDs on it and have it on my desk by Monday.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

DatonKallandor posted:

I am completely down for that. The AA12 is a bit dated, and this would be a great T4 upgrade.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Tripwire, please add the Dragon and Super Dragon from Perfect Dark to KF2. Thank you.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Scrakes On A Plane is the new Ganja Farm 420 ReWeEded

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

verbal enema posted:

does anyone want to play

just added u

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I should be home soon to play the Killing Floor game

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Dear Questioner86 and Turnways,

One of your zeds decided he wanted make some changes in his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_U_iYEpgLY

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Another loving wipe to Hans and his bullshit melee. Give me back the STG44s and actually dangerous gas spam, that's way more fun than this garbage.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I've never really liked the way the AA12 looked, before I knew it was a real gun and I saw one in a game I thought it was just some placeholder model or something, it's just a flat, black rectangle with a magazine sticking out of it. I know that It's a perfectly practical design that gets the job done as efficiently as possible. Which is why I think it has no place in KF2. We need some enormous thing with multiple barrels that spin and a shark face painted on it. A laser sight that points right into the player's eyes and an alt fire that reduces the whole gun to shrapnel launched in the direction of the zeds leaving the player holding a smoking handle.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
:lol: there are people calling for Berserker nerfs.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Azran posted:

I'm calling for a Berserker buff because I'm bad at hitting Scrake heads.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

QwertySanchez posted:

I've never really liked the way the AA12 looked, before I knew it was a real gun and I saw one in a game I thought it was just some placeholder model or something, it's just a flat, black rectangle with a magazine sticking out of it. I know that It's a perfectly practical design that gets the job done as efficiently as possible. Which is why I think it has no place in KF2. We need some enormous thing with multiple barrels that spin and a shark face painted on it. A laser sight that points right into the player's eyes and an alt fire that reduces the whole gun to shrapnel launched in the direction of the zeds leaving the player holding a smoking handle.

Killing Floor had practical weapons to begin with that were fun to shoot and as true as they could make them. The weird stuff didn't come around until more recently.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I finally gave demolitionist try tonight and...how the gently caress do people play this class.

Everything is super expensive and carries such little ammo. The grenade pistol is less like a grenade pistol and more like a shotgun. C4 is insanely expensive. The m79 is pretty great however, but like the RPG7 I feel like it carries such little ammo.

also where the heck is the MGL?

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 13, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
To play demo you need a team that can take care of the trash. Conserve ammo, pick your shots. It takes some money. Play firebug or zerk to get cash for the first 3 waves or so then switch to demo with at least the nade launcher.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Azran posted:

Well thats the wrong direction to take it, but the patch does feel like everyone else got shafted with changes like melee damage being more brutal and shots pinging off metal bits for 50% damage. Then theres the reduced ammo capacity.

It feels kinda lovely when zerkers seem mandatory or you just start losing guys or get ammo starved.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
It honestly feels like a medic and (not so much until Hans at least) a Berserker is needed to succeed in Hard+, and to be honest, that makes a bit of sense, if Tripwire is looking for that kind of balance. If you and your group are hyper competent, I can easily see them getting at least up to Hans, but once Hans rolls around, if you want any sort of assurance of victory, you need a berserker willing to soak up Hans' melee and a medic willing to glue their healing to said berserker. Anything else seems like folly. Tonight I played the role of the berserker, and the only person that died was someone that ran off in a random direction, otherwise I was sticking close to Hans and tanking his attacks whenever I could, with a medic on my rear end the entire time. I guess they could nerf the berserker, but if they did, they're probably going to make it super un-fun and undesirable.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its real rough for a zerk on without a good medic, even with all the changes to them, they're real strong now but on 6 man HoE they'll get decimated as easily as anyone else.

I don't know why people want nerfs, they can contribute a lot better now and meat shield like the good ol days.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Ramsus posted:

Killing Floor had practical weapons to begin with that were fun to shoot and as true as they could make them. The weird stuff didn't come around until more recently.

That's true, I forget that when it first came out the wackiest weapon was the crossbow. Everything after the sharkpaint was me trying to be tongue in cheek though. I'd like to see a different Full autoshotgun at some time, maybe one that shoots slugs, and jack up it's penetration.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Why do you start with 155 dosh if you join while wave 1 is going on instead of the 250 at match start? It's especially annoying since browsing by server doesn't differentiate between at-countdown and middle-of-wave 1/10.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Rayjenkins posted:

It honestly feels like a medic and (not so much until Hans at least) a Berserker is needed to succeed in Hard+, and to be honest, that makes a bit of sense, if Tripwire is looking for that kind of balance. If you and your group are hyper competent, I can easily see them getting at least up to Hans, but once Hans rolls around, if you want any sort of assurance of victory, you need a berserker willing to soak up Hans' melee and a medic willing to glue their healing to said berserker. Anything else seems like folly. Tonight I played the role of the berserker, and the only person that died was someone that ran off in a random direction, otherwise I was sticking close to Hans and tanking his attacks whenever I could, with a medic on my rear end the entire time. I guess they could nerf the berserker, but if they did, they're probably going to make it super un-fun and undesirable.

The solution to this isn't to nerf zerker, it's to buff other classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Zerk really isn't that OP. I'd say the real thing going for them is the ability to block and parry which other classes simply don't take because of weight. They went from useless perks to some decent playstyle choices.