Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

deep impact on vhs posted:

is anyone else having issues with wheels? my thrustmaster tx is working in fm5 but not fm6, wondering if wheel support is coming later or if mine just isn't supported :ohdear:

Restart Xbox via the wheel and sign out / in with the wheel as your controller, don't use the gamepad.

Still some bugs - goto Options -> Layout and if you want layout 1, select layout 2 then re-select layout one. Also in Multi-player, Right shifter shifts up properly, but also gives you a flash of the rearview :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I want to play this game but I don't want to spend $1000 on a fanatec wheel. How are the thrustmaster and madcatz wheels?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Partial Octopus posted:

I want to play this game but I don't want to spend $1000 on a fanatec wheel. How are the thrustmaster and madcatz wheels?

GutBomb posted:

Definitely the thrustmaster tx. The Logitech is overpriced and lovely, the fanatec is too expensive, the hori is a piece of crap, the madcatz is a madcatz, and the other thrustmaster doesn't have force feedback.

None of them come with shifters (they all have shift paddles) and all but the Logitech just come with 2 pedals instead of 3. (The fanatec doesn't come with pedals)

Thrustmaster has an add on shifter and an add on pedal set. Logitech has an add on shifter, fanatec sells everything as a separate component, and the other ones only work with what comes in the box.

I have a thrustmaster tx with the shifter add on, the GTE wheel rim add on, and a set of really nice fanatec pedals that I have to use an adapter from basherboards to use. It's a great setup.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I play forza and not iracin because it's the best mix of sim racing and controller support. A wheel will improve your forza experience, but I don't think you need one at all

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

I'd just mirror what GutBomb said, but the TX is great (even if a bit buggy at the moment - with forza not the wheel. See my post at the top of the page).

My biggest challenge with it at the moment is that I use it while sitting in rocking recliner at the moment so it makes for some awkwardness to get over. Also the multiplayer bug sucks and may have to switch layouts and not use the paddles until the bug is fixed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I play forza and not iracin because it's the best mix of sim racing and controller support. A wheel will improve your forza experience, but I don't think you need one at all

same but also there is good offline play and 450 cars

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Post your favorite butts

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here's a shot from a quality race on Daytona in a hopper lobby.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

I'd just mirror what GutBomb said, but the TX is great (even if a bit buggy at the moment - with forza not the wheel. See my post at the top of the page).

My biggest challenge with it at the moment is that I use it while sitting in rocking recliner at the moment so it makes for some awkwardness to get over. Also the multiplayer bug sucks and may have to switch layouts and not use the paddles until the bug is fixed.

Also with noting is that I'm not experiencing any bugs. I had one issue, but I think it's because I was messing with the menus with a controller and it made the button mapping and the pedals all hosed up once I got into a race. I restarted the game and didn't have another problem.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hellcat seating position needs some work. Someone at Turn 10 biffed it on that POV.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Leather Bear posted:

Hellcat seating position needs some work. Someone at Turn 10 biffed it on that POV.

You also can't put decals on the doors for some reason lol.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I don't think you need a wheel either. I bought one because of certain circumstances and I had a bit of extra money to spend. I don't regret it at all. It is a lot of fun to use.

GutBomb posted:

Also with noting is that I'm not experiencing any bugs. I had one issue, but I think it's because I was messing with the menus with a controller and it made the button mapping and the pedals all hosed up once I got into a race. I restarted the game and didn't have another problem.

I'm glad you haven't. And usually restarting at least the mode you're in might fix it - for instance, I just went from Rivals to Career and the bug showed itself. I restarted Forza and it was fine after that. I haven't rechecked Multiplayer maybe there will be goons playin tomorrow afternoon. I want to do one of those endurance showcases as well.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Here's a shot from a quality race on Daytona in a hopper lobby.

I wish they had forgone Daytona for Sunset Peninsula. I know, history and prestige and whatever, but man that Daytona road course is poo poo. And I can only imagine how awful turn 1 is online, jeez.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Goon racing going on right now (10:20est). Get online.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cubey posted:

I wish they had forgone Daytona for Sunset Peninsula. I know, history and prestige and whatever, but man that Daytona road course is poo poo. And I can only imagine how awful turn 1 is online, jeez.

Sunset Peninsula was fun but I do actually enjoy the Daytona courses. The whole first lap is a little chaotic in the hoppers with how narrow the road course section is, but it's pretty fun to drive.

Although if I can figure out how to upload a video, I have a great replay of me going down the back straight away in a race... spinning in circles half way down the straight as people keep hitting me lol.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sunset Peninsula was fun but I do actually enjoy the Daytona courses. The whole first lap is a little chaotic in the hoppers with how narrow the road course section is, but it's pretty fun to drive.

Although if I can figure out how to upload a video, I have a great replay of me going down the back straight away in a race... spinning in circles half way down the straight as people keep hitting me lol.

I had a Rivals today against some pubbie who apparently did a complete 720 going around turn one of Road Atlanta. I stayed in that rivals race just to watch him repeatedly spin out.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Goon racing going on right now (10:20est). Get online.

I'm down to play. Friend request sent by MinimaulAK

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Wheels aren't necessary but playing forza 3 with that awesome 911 fanatec wheel was super fun. It's a shame there's no way to just use that on the xbone.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

ethanol posted:

I don't think any 360 wheels work with the bone

Nope, they don't (but you can reuse the pedals with the new one). On the off chance anyone is looking for info about wheels, I have reviewed the G920 and Fanatec Clubsport: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/09/getting-to-grips-with-the-latest-xbox-one-steering-wheels

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Photos from racing today at Le Mans, Brands Hatch and Monza

loving hot as hell. Beautiful shots, geeves.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

geeves posted:

Restart Xbox via the wheel and sign out / in with the wheel as your controller, don't use the gamepad.

Still some bugs - goto Options -> Layout and if you want layout 1, select layout 2 then re-select layout one. Also in Multi-player, Right shifter shifts up properly, but also gives you a flash of the rearview :gonk:

wow, that's loving weird

hopefully poo poo gets updated soon so it just works

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
2015 Corvette Z06 is shockingly composed. What an easy car to drive fast.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
The ring in the rain :swoon:

Have also learnt not to use the dodge charger for nighttime races

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 13, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Did a little A class racing this morning... was a little out classed...

It handles reasonably when it's on all 4 wheels, sadly it likes to go on two wheels often and then it's near impossible to control :D

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Are car clubs back?

P.S. Nice pics SLICK GOKU BABY.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Are car clubs back?

P.S. Nice pics SLICK GOKU BABY.

Unfortunately no, they're gone again.

e:Some of these endurance races are crazy. 82 laps at Sebring in the rain... in P class. At least with mods I'll be getting 750k experience.

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 13, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Just went out to make that video for gutbomb and ethnol i talked about yesterday, drove to the tunnel, got back (covered in sweat) and found out my gopro hadnt recorded any video. :sigh:

lets try this again.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You really don't need to bother. I've heard cool exhausts in tunnels before and it's not going to keep me up at night that I didn't get to hear yours.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Well hopefully you aren't too disinterested because I already went back out (I just wanted an excuse to use the camera, really)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 13, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

24 man night 'Ring prototype, about as dark and fast as you can get and still have headlights
I swear to god this is the the best night in any video game ever, it's loving dark, not like that pcars can still sorta see bullshit

maybe 15 laps wasn't such a great idea.. starts to wear down on you a bit...

hard to... stay focused

wait.. they're something up ahead....

wth....

oh shiit....

my god... it's full of stars

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
GutBomb, thanks for sharing the Backmarker Bros vinyl, and the GRC vinyls. I'm trying to get mine together, but I had many more in FM4 and of course they're lost.
If you're out there, DaShoe, when or if you can, PLEASE share Howdy Tears so I can use it again. I miss it (and you) very much.

One car at a time:

Also, why does CoTA just feel so much like Hockenheim?

Hey, everybody, look at ethanol taking me to school! Beautiful work.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 13, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, why does CoTA just feel so much like Hockenheim?

Designed by the same guy. Yas Marina too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hockenheim is a cool and good track. Aint no Watkins Glen though

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Designed by the same guy. Yas Marina too.
I actually thought it might be a Hockenheim redesign, until FM6 said, "Now race on Hockenheim!"

And no, I don't care if I got the ei/ie wrong.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I before e, except for nazis.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
Gutbomb how do you see current displacement in the engine swap? Mine just says current engine.

Also what is the File column in the rivals leaderboard?

Also Ferrari F355 Berlinetta is my favorite ever <3

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I before e, except for nazis.

Duly noted. I'll probably need you to remind me.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Forza 6 has a Mk1 Ford Capri

GOTY

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
I keep forgetting to finish race instead of restart in rivals. Need my money's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SmokeyXIII posted:

Gutbomb how do you see current displacement in the engine swap? Mine just says current engine.

Also what is the File column in the rivals leaderboard?

Also Ferrari F355 Berlinetta is my favorite ever <3

It should be in the name of the engine on the swap screen. You may have to swap to another engine and then hover over the original engine to be able to see the name. A bunch of crap if you ask me.

• Locked thread