Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Chump Farts posted:

msu owns bitch

Spartans, Bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sparty owns when they're not playing Georgia in a bowl game for the 39th straight year

Okibi
Jul 13, 2004

A shadowy flight into the ridiculous world of a man whose music should not exist
Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha, classic Vol collapse. I have to laugh, or else I'll cry.

As a Vol fan, I must say: Oklahoma fans are very cool (and I root for their program when they're not playing us). Also, Eric Striker can talk all the poo poo he wants because he backs it up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chump Farts posted:

msu owns bitch

Who knows. No hard feelings, but I wouldnt rest on my laurels off this win. Didn't really impress me today. This is a very bad Oregon team they beat. Vernon Adams is so loving bad.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

African AIDS cum posted:

Who knows. No hard feelings, but I wouldnt rest on my laurels off this win. Didn't really impress me today. This is a very bad Oregon team they beat. Vernon Adams is so loving bad.

play calling was worse than adams is bad imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hoot Hoot Owls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

gently caress a adams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chump Farts posted:

play calling was worse than adams is bad imo

Adams was inaccurate as hell

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

Hoot Hoot Owls

one of my coworkers was watching that game on tv today because she had a friend on the team. Pissed me off cuz she changed it off of Virginia/ND

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slate Action posted:

So Georgia Tech's backup QB, Tim Byerly, may be out for the season with a knee injury

Doesn't matter because Justin Thomas is about to run wild all over Notre Dame

That's a shame about Byerly. There were a lot of conflicting reports until this, between "out for the season" and "out for three weeks." Luckily, Matthew Jordan seems like a good replacement for him, though it sucks that means we won't be seeing Jordan in the A-Back rotation.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Baker Mayfield owns hard.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why would a football game start at 8:15pm local

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Ross Angeles posted:

Adams was inaccurate as hell

on deep balls, so why did they keep calling them? we got torched on screens so loving often

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chump Farts posted:

on deep balls, so why did they keep calling them? we got torched on screens so loving often

Yeah. Also the constant draws up the middle with Freeman made no sense.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Kentrell Brothers, Charles Harris, and Terry Beckner rule. The offense is bad .

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Texas got a win during a season where they'll be few and far between in a game no one outside of the stadium watched. I have to assume Rice is real bad more than Texas is more competent.

Also, lol at the SEC. Hopefully more weeks like this will stop the circle jerking about what a tough conference it is.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor is executing the strategy I sent to them perfectly to almost lose a lot to poo poo teams in order to Build Toughness, struggle at everything to increase mental, and suck real bad in order to improve Moxy by 200%, and dont give any positive highlights or good plays for opponents to study on tape so each game can be a surprise, if thats not a sign of Baylor champs vs msu too 2015 2016 gently caress msu Baylor champs 2016. Playoffs. Better to Peak late than to Peak early - TCU 70 - 7 early on.. hmm... whats gonna happen Late Season? While TCU is building up big leads playing good football we're doing our best to play poo poo and suck real bad so we can Peak during the Big 12 And Playoffs and WIN THE CHAMP 2016 houston rockets too (go jjwatt for mvp)

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baylor is executing the strategy I sent to them perfectly to almost lose a lot to poo poo teams in order to Build Toughness, struggle at everything to increase mental, and suck real bad in order to improve Moxy by 200%, and dont give any positive highlights or good plays for opponents to study on tape so each game can be a surprise, if thats not a sign of Baylor champs vs msu too 2015 2016 gently caress msu Baylor champs 2016. Playoffs. Better to Peak late than to Peak early - TCU 70 - 7 early on.. hmm... whats gonna happen Late Season? While TCU is building up big leads playing good football we're doing our best to play poo poo and suck real bad so we can Peak during the Big 12 And Playoffs and WIN THE CHAMP 2016 houston rockets too (go jjwatt for mvp)

Seems logical.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Thank you Michigan State for disposing of the perennial fraud Oregon Ducks :)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Manoueverable posted:

:goonsay:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Quandary posted:

I'm dead, football killed me tonight. Best game I've seen in a long time and being in Neyland made the comeback all the much better. Props to vols fans, all great people, but I'm so loving glad we got that win.

Mayfield show.

I want a trip report eventually.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
What an acid-tripped world I live in when Baylor and TCU are the top of the Big XII. OU looked like poo poo most of the game but managed to win. Tennesee looked legit, though.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Kill Cam Cameron

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ZeroPrimal posted:

What an acid-tripped world I live in when Baylor and TCU are the top of the Big XII. OU looked like poo poo most of the game but managed to win. Tennesee looked legit, though.

Ten years ago, Vince Young was effortlessly murdering every chump team dumb enough to play Texas.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Mm

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Manoueverable posted:

I think you mean...EXPOSING

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ten years ago, Vince Young was effortlessly murdering every chump team dumb enough to play Texas.

He is the greatest

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Even now, I can't believe MSU doesn't choke these games away. The game's been over and I'm still bracing for a car crash that won't happen.

Special teams needs to get its poo poo together, and it'd be great if defenders didn't consistently overpursue. Past that, good job MSU.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

VDay posted:

I think you mean...EXPOSING

Dammit I always flub the execution

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Anals of History posted:

Even now, I can't believe MSU doesn't choke these games away. The game's been over and I'm still bracing for a car crash that won't happen.

Special teams needs to get its poo poo together, and it'd be great if defenders didn't consistently overpursue. Past that, good job MSU.

They did but vernon adams choked harder

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
I think it's safe to say that Vernon Adams is no Marcus Mariota.

I think I would've preferred to see Lockie at the helm with Adams so banged up. He was just making awful decisions left and right, like he was some FCS quarterback.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
sparty no!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
What has Tennessee done to offend God? Besides being Tennessee, I mean. Was it maybe firing Phil Fulmer? Picking orange as a color? Daring to beat God's chosen for the '98 NC? They just exist in a never-ending karmic rear end-reaming 24/7/365.

If they lose to Florida this year there might literally be suicides in the stadium. I used to dislike Tennessee because of that '98 NC but man. I just feel bad for them.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I assume it is part of the pact that got us the good Manning.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Well, I now know what it feels like to have an active losing streak to Kentucky, and it is not fun or enjoyable!

The silver linings (such as they are):

-We might have something at quarterback with Perry Orth. Despite being an unheralded walk-on, he displayed both knowledge of the playbook and confidence. He also appears to have the support and trust of his teammates, something that has been rumored to be lacking with Connor Mitch. Orth has the potential to be a game-manager who is capable of the occasional explosive play, and that kind of stability is sorely needed. I was a big proponent of Mitch and hate that his season is likely over with a separated shoulder, but maybe this will be a positive turning point. Lorenzo Nunez looked good as a wildcat guy, too.

-Receivers not named Pharoh Cooper actually showed up and made catches, both routine and critical. That needed to happen and I'm relieved to see it.

-The defensive adjustments in the second half were incredible. Better tackling, more pressure/sacks, and Kentucky didn't have a first down until halfway through the fourth quarter after doing whatever they wanted in the first half. There was a similar turnaround in the UNC game, too. Really wish the defense could put together two strong halves, but at least this unit does appear to be making some progress.

-The running game is still just as effective as ever (not that we use it as often as we should).

The bad:

-Steve Spurrier just refuses to play to the strengths of this team. It's been a bugaboo of his ever since he came here, so it's never going to change, but it hurts to have such profound playcalling errors. We all know he loves the vertical passing game, but his success here has been with a run-heavy, ball-control offense. Our teams have been built that way since 2009. Yet we still start chucking the ball all over the field and ruthlessly killing drives when we're averaging stupid amounts of YPC. It's like he enters this alternate reality where he's either playing a different game, working with different personnel, or both. These decisions are utterly mystifying and maddening.

-We had very few procedural penalties in this game, which was great, but we made up for that with two completely stupid personal fouls at the absolute worst times. We're just not good enough right now to eat those flags with no consequences. It needs to stop.

-Brandon Wilds basically called Spurrier out in the press conference for not running the ball enough and said he should've gotten more carries in the red zone. He's absolutely right, but it's kind of an awkward look. More than that, I really hope it was just general frustration and not a hint at larger friction between the players and coaches.

I have no idea how to react to this loss, really. It's possible we could still reach bowl eligibility, but it's more likely we'll limp to a 4-8 or 5-7 record. Given our schedule, we simply had to have this game and couldn't get it done. A bad team is one thing, and we certainly aren't great, but we're dumber than anything else at this point and that's just aggravating as hell.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

They did but vernon adams choked harder

Fair, though I was thinking of John L. Smith teams with that comparison. Your whole team could be floating dead in outer space and Smith's MSU teams would still out-choke them.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Texas still sucks, but they won and going to games is still fun. I don't know if that defense and o-line can in many Big XII games this season.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I assume it is part of the pact that got us the good Manning.

But Ole Miss won today :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

RumbleFish posted:

SCAR stuff

You're going to beat Georgia because :lol: our QB situation

• Locked thread