Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

During the course of the series things go horribly awry when Hawkeye does something goofy and Black Bolt laughs, annihilating a city block.

No, something happens to Black Bolt and he physically can't use his powers. He's just pure intimidation, like an unloaded gun. But then Hawkeye fucks up so spectacularly that Black Bolt has to laugh, breaking through whatever shut his power down, leveling everything except Hawkeye and the MacGuffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

The mystery is actually solved by Pizza Dog and Lockjaw.

and Kate has to babysit Maximus.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

mind the walrus posted:

and Kate has to babysit Maximus.

With Deadpool's "help".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No. Do not let Deadpool near this. Too many cooks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

mind the walrus posted:

No. Do not let Deadpool near this. Too many cooks.

Cletus Kasady is seen glaring in the background of this post.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

How the gently caress are they going to make a movie with black bolt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkJ86JqlPA

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gavok posted:

While the Joker watches on a camera and laughs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skwirl posted:

That would be a brilliant team up, Black Bolt needing to solve a mystery, can't involve his family for whatever reason, Hawkeye is the only Avenger available who can translate.
Gene Wilder would make a great Hawkeye, but I don't know about Richard Pryor as Black Bolt

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

achillesforever6 posted:

Gene Wilder would make a great Hawkeye, but I don't know about Richard Pryor as Black Bolt

America isn't ready for a Black Bolt.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

achillesforever6 posted:

His character in Blazing Saddles was close enough.

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.
Legacy of Luther Strode #3

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Travis343 posted:

That was Cleavon Little. Richard Pryor was one of the script-writers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

flosofl posted:

I think he meant Gene Wilder's character.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Travis343 posted:

Never mind that poo poo, here comes Cain Marko!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

flosofl posted:

I fuckin' knew somebody was going to do this the second I hit post and realized I didn't specify.

Gavok posted:

Never mind that poo poo, here comes Cain Marko!

Marko only pawn in game of life.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Bastard posted:

Legacy of Luther Strode #3

75% of any recent Luther Strode issue could be posted in this thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Featuring Lars Von Trier as "Eldrac the Door"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

Featuring Lars Von Trier as "Eldrac the Door"

A dying, blood-soaked Spider-Ham crawls towards a big, red button.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gavok posted:

A dying, blood-soaked Spider-Ham crawls towards a big, red button.

Don't you mean Spider-Cat?

Oh...yeah.

RIP Spider-Cat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pretty sure not many superheroes have tried buying off an assassin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You shoul'da posted the page before. Deadshot falls in a pit of deadly snakes, then just emerges on that first panel with them falling off in chunks.
I love Pat Gleason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

This is almost an exact copy of a scene between Gambit and Deadpool. I think it might've even been the same amount of money.

Although I'm pretty sure Deadpool didn't say anything as stupid as whatever the gently caress Deathstroke is going on about in the first panel.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Nah, it is a pretty popular move.
One that I can recall immediately is Batman bribing Mirror Master in Grant Morrison's JLA to defect from Luthor mid-battle.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

fatherboxx posted:

Nah, it is a pretty popular move.
One that I can recall immediately is Batman bribing Mirror Master in Grant Morrison's JLA to defect from Luthor mid-battle.

Amanda Waller bought off Deadshot for "whatever he's paying, plus a nickel".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And they say money isn't a superpower...

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Didn't Batman buy off the Ultra-Humanite with a generous donation to public broadcasting in an episode of the animated Justice League?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Didn't Batman buy off the Ultra-Humanite with a generous donation to public broadcasting in an episode of the animated Justice League?

Yes. In between seducing Cheetah and sowing discord between Luthor and Joker.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It happened the other way too, when Bullseye paid Deadpool off to stop going after Norman Osborn during the whole "Dark Avengers" thing, since Bullseye knew he couldn't beat Wade.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's the previous page. I don't really enjoy Deathstroke too much, but I can get behind a fight causing collateral damage to mummies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the joke is Slade's the juvenile-acting one of the two?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This is almost an exact copy of a scene between Gambit and Deadpool. I think it might've even been the same amount of money.

Although I'm pretty sure Deadpool didn't say anything as stupid as whatever the gently caress Deathstroke is going on about in the first panel.

Don't you mean Bullseye and Deadpool?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No, Gambit paid off Deadpool in an old issue of Gambit. I know because I dated someone who loved Gambit, and Deadpool was my favorite of the time. I liked to hold that scene over her head any time that came up.

EDIT: I tried to find the scene, but googling "deadpool gambit" gave the first result of the making out between the two.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IUG posted:

EDIT: I tried to find the scene, but googling "deadpool gambit" gave the first result of the making out between the two.

The Internet is pretty great.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Why would you tease this and then not post it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

IUG posted:

No, Gambit paid off Deadpool in an old issue of Gambit. I know because I dated someone who loved Gambit, and Deadpool was my favorite of the time. I liked to hold that scene over her head any time that came up.

Hah, that's exactly what happened with Bullseye during Dark Reign when Bullseye was running around pretending to be Hawkeye.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Has Deathstroke always had a weird quilted chest like that?

Maybe it's because I'm used to the Deathstroke in Arrow looking like an actual badass.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Hah, that's exactly what happened with Bullseye during Dark Reign when Bullseye was running around pretending to be Hawkeye.

Gambit #17, page 18

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's the previous page. I don't really enjoy Deathstroke too much, but I can get behind a fight causing collateral damage to mummies.

Why is Deathstroke considered to be such a badass given that he gets beaten up by a group of teenagers on the regular?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Why is Deathstroke considered to be such a badass given that he gets beaten up by a group of teenagers on the regular?

Well, he can stab a guy who can think faster than an attosecond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Say Nothing posted:

Well, he can stab a guy who can think faster than an attosecond.

So Flash can see the explosions happening, and avoid them. But he can't see Deathstroke point his sword behind him at normal (for comics) human speed? Like, it doesn't matter that he's predicting where Flash will go, the only way this plan works, even contained to just this scene and ignoring all other depictions, is for Flash to see the sword pointing backwards and still decide to run into it.