Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People are so stupid.

http://www.ktva.com/anchorage-police-cracking-down-on-popular-led-light-bars-936/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Had a hailstorm destroy my roof (5 year old house) last summer. I was at work at the time so my car was ok. Then like 2 months later, a giant hailstorm hit at my office and I was on vacation so my car was safely in the garage. Hail sucks.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

I wonder how much of a sales bump Alaska LED Industries located at 7605 King Street, Anchorage Alaska received from participating in this news story

(is imgur broken for anyone else?)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

As usual the public comments section is pure gold

Just like guns, if everyone has a light bar there are no losers :hurr:

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What the hell is a ponpresor?

Some moran doesn't know how to spel.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Stop being elitist. You probably don't even know how to drive a manuel transmission.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Motronic posted:

Stop being elitist. You probably don't even know how to drive a manuel transmission.

You just grab the knob in the middle and move it back and forth. It's not that hard.

Or maybe it is. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

You just grab the knob in the middle and move it back and forth. It's not that hard.

Or maybe it is. :D

I think it gets harder as you go.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I grabbed the middle knob and it started leaking fluid. Should I pull off or keep going?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

I grabbed the middle knob and it started leaking fluid. Should I pull off or keep going?

I think some sort of lubrication is required. Maybe a 30 weight?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

You grabbed it too fast, once it leaks fluid it stops working.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Only for about 20 minutes.

.... add 10 minutes for every 5 years past 25 years since it was made.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

xzzy posted:

Oh no someone pinched the Prius and it froze that way.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/09/2016-toyota-prius-official-photos/

Don't get me wrong, the Prius has never been a good looking car, but at least it had a "function over form" philosophy to justify it. This seems like an intentional effort to make it offensively ugly.

Looks like a crushed soda can, or from the front, an angry, disappointed Asian father with a mustache

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

Only for about 20 minutes.

.... add 10 minutes for every 5 years past 25 years since it was made.

Or just add the blue fluid and it will work like brand new!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

But never a good idea with nitrous, or if it has high oil pressure. The blue fluid tends to push things a bit harder than they're used to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Motronic posted:

Last time I drove a car with a Manuel transmission it kept making a noise that sounded like "K" all the drat time.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The minion stickers alone are good enough reason to shoot the owner in the face.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

What, why?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That's got to be a troll. I mean a Texan owning a Smart car?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

You Am I posted:

That's got to be a troll. I mean a Texan owning a Smart car?

I know a Texan who owned a smart car. She regretted every minute of it. Having to go to a Mercedes dealership for especially expensive oil changes was a sticking point for her, and also the car apparently being totaled due to some engine damage when she was rear ended.

She must not have test driven it, though, because the transmission was enough for me to know it's the worst modern car on the road when I drove one of the Car2Go cars.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MetaJew posted:

I know a Texan who owned a smart car. She regretted every minute of it. Having to go to a Mercedes dealership for especially expensive oil changes was a sticking point for her, and also the car apparently being totaled due to some engine damage when she was rear ended.

She must not have test driven it, though, because the transmission was enough for me to know it's the worst modern car on the road when I drove one of the Car2Go cars.

Oil changes on it are no different than any other car. Not sure why she felt only they could do it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Seems like most people think you can only take a fairly new car to a dealer for service.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

It's like a Facebook feed given form. Burn it to the ground.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

jamal posted:

Seems like most people think you can only take a fairly new car to a dealer for service.

Although it wouldn't surprise me that an oil change in a Smart required magic fairy oil and a special crosswise hydro-spanner (only available from Mercedes) to access the fill port, because loving Germans.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Oh my god people still care about Jane Fonda?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

jamal posted:

Or they are redeeming free oil change coupons you get with most car purchases these days.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

Oh my god people still care about Jane Fonda?

There are Republicans who still care about Chappaquiddick, even though Kennedy is long, long gone.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

T.E.A.
axed
nough
lready!

is making me laugh far harder than it should.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BraveUlysses posted:

There are Republicans who still care about Chappaquiddick, even though Kennedy is long, long gone.

Okay, good point.

I love the incredible irony of the "no whining" sticker. And holy poo poo, the illegal alien hunting permit.

I need to stop reading that car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I'm pretending thats a european in camoflauge so he doesn't get run over and shot by texans in brodozers for being in a smart.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Linedance posted:

Although it wouldn't surprise me that an oil change in a Smart required magic fairy oil and a special crosswise hydro-spanner (only available from Mercedes) to access the fill port, because loving Germans.

smart car engines don't have sump plugs

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I had to pick up my friend's smart from a park n ride when his business trip was extended. That has to be the worst vehicle I ever drove. The throttle was insanely touchy where even a little 2% nudge was wide open, yet that meant it was still trundling to 60 in like 45 seconds or something stupid. The brakes were the opposite and I had to stomp them into the floor to even start decelerating. The steering was a manual rack, which wouldn't be a big deal except that the thing is so light and "tall" (compared to its length) that it was constantly being shoved side-to-side by the wind and it was difficult to react quickly enough with the purely manual steering. And the seats were painful, but I'm really tall so who knows how valid that part is.

The only reason I could ever imagine justifying buying one of those is if a normal sized car is physically impossible to navigate through your home town.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I had to pick up my friend's smart from a park n ride when his business trip was extended. That has to be the worst vehicle I ever drove. The throttle was insanely touchy where even a little 2% nudge was wide open, yet that meant it was still trundling to 60 in like 45 seconds or something stupid. The brakes were the opposite and I had to stomp them into the floor to even start decelerating. The steering was a manual rack, which wouldn't be a big deal except that the thing is so light and "tall" (compared to its length) that it was constantly being shoved side-to-side by the wind and it was difficult to react quickly enough with the purely manual steering. And the seats were painful, but I'm really tall so who knows how valid that part is.

The only reason I could ever imagine justifying buying one of those is if a normal sized car is physically impossible to navigate through your home town.

I use the car2go ones and they are so hilariously bad I can't even begin to imagine someone actually purchasing one after spending 5 minutes in one. The transmission is so loving terrible it almost loops back around to being awesome...ly terrible.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I have to give them credit for "a smart rear end" because I haven't seen that one before and it made me giggle.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
<lets just pretend I posted the video of the powerbike.at Smart with a Hayabusa engine here>

oh FFS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgwzHJo3IXM

Quite surprised none of the usual "upgrade" companies offer something like this. Drop off a FourTwo and a check for $$$, pick up your commuter death-rocket in two weeks.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I'm curious to know if all that was put on at once, or collected over time

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I can almost guarantee this car was spotted in Austin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

corn in the fridge posted:

smart car engines don't have sump plugs

You turn it upside down and shake the oil out of the fill tube?