Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I'm old as hell, and I work with a bunch of millenials and they are all pretty cool, although there is usually a fight between the gereatrics and the younguns over the office sound system so we always end up with a wierd mix of old tunes played 'ironically', old tunes played earnestly, and incomprehensible modern indie songs. And the one wierd guy in the corner who put on a single dubstep song once a day just before lunch, but we can't tell what age he is. The joys of new media companies. Yes we do work out of a converted industrial building and yes we do have loving beanbags in the meeting rooms, and yes the designers all wear plaid and drive old VW beetles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

black hipsters annoy me because they don't think they are gentrifiers when they move into poor areas of brooklyn.

They're doing God's work

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

This is the new thing near me, climbing up stuff and falling to your death so your parents can sue people who did nothing wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunZvBHgyOY

I blame that assassin video game i tell you what

Oh and you loving millenials may recognize that area from the Tron reboot, which was not as good as the Tron from MY generation.

Looks like fun to me.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
technically da vinci and your 5 year old with finger paint did work in "the same medium"

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think millennials get jaded from following really bad advice their elders gave them.

Mine tried to make me a concert bassoonist but I did STEM instead. :smuggo:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

heard there was some beef w/ calvin and hobbes itt

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lotka Volterra posted:

good news, current trends say they probably never will

they will it's just going to take until they're 35

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I'm a millennial, and also a SJW

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phlegmish posted:

they will it's just going to take until they're 35

That's already happening now.

They may have to wait until 45.

naem
May 29, 2011

Trendy neighborhoods go out of style, as does youth culture and fashion, and there will be lonely sad leftovers wandering for years wondering why everything changed its great fun to watch

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

black hipsters annoy me because they don't think they are gentrifiers when they move into poor areas of brooklyn.

Aren't there rent control laws in place to stop gentrifiers from loving up old neighborhoods.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I don't want to be a Millenial. can we define Millenial as people who were in High School after the iPhone was released? Class of 2012 onward?

I mean 9/11 happened in my Freshman year of HS and I don't recall any selfies taken with the towers burning in the background, even though Camera Phones were the hot thing to have at the time

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Bill Watterson giving us millenials a Reason to be useless. Calvin and Hobbes owns

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Bill Watterson giving us millenials a Reason to be useless. Calvin and Hobbes owns

Would

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Aren't there rent control laws in place to stop gentrifiers from loving up old neighborhoods.

gentrifying pressure often prompts landlords who otherwise might not care as much to find ways to kick out their rent controlled tenants and increase their revenue so it's a mixed bag

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

AlphaKeny1 posted:

become unemployed and have a kid really good idea

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no, that comic is about finding a sugarmama, hello

naem
May 29, 2011

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I have a masters degree in meaning

Also bill please draw the next panel where your daughter can't afford college because of you

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
LOL food stamps

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

im a professional t-rex model maker and im offended

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
zen pencils is the loving worst

mynamewas
Jul 23, 2007
Point
To be fair to millennials, the boomers made an academy award winning movie for best picture about a middle age dude who takes advantage of his mid-life crisis to quit his job, get in shape, smoke pot and attempt to seduce a teenage girl.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mynamewas posted:

To be fair to millennials, the boomers made an academy award winning movie for best picture about a middle age dude who takes advantage of his mid-life crisis to quit his job, get in shape, smoke pot and attempt to seduce a teenage girl.

american beauty?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

the last generation of humans to deserve any respect were the neolithic

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i unironically think old people are the reason we are hosed up and we should have term limits and mandatory retirement ages for politicians and fuckin just

elect a bunch of 30 year olds right now imo

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Whatev posted:

he should be murdered

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I'm a millennial. I bought my first house at 28 and my second at 30. Latin BA and history MA. What's up ITT?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I'm a millennial. I bought my first house at 28 and my second at 30. Latin BA and history MA. What's up ITT?

My payments on your defaulted student loans.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mynamewas posted:

I also liked Curly Sue

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It doesn't get more millennial. Jpg than zen pencils. That fag drew a comic where Hiyao Miyazaki built a giant robot to kill all the trolls that made fun of him.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Woah did zen pencils reproduce?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

notZaar posted:

It doesn't get more millennial. Jpg than zen pencils. That fag drew a comic where Hiyao Miyazaki built a giant robot to kill all the trolls that made fun of him.

Holy poo poo I had to look this up. I like how all of the people getting 'hated on' appear to be providing absolutely nothing useful to society, they're all street buskers playing guitars and people taking pictures of trees. No construction workers building buildings or grocery store cashiers getting sucked up. Maybe cause those people actually provide something and don't care if you tell them they're not special unicorns who deserve praise.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So this thread has gone through the looking glass then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUOeYO79Oo

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 14, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Whatev posted:

it really is

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://books.google.com/books?id=p...boomers&f=false

Do your own thing....

Conform to our demands....

Hell of a dichotomy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Sal6N5OiE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm a Millenial but I have a good job and have been independent since I was 18. Help what do I do.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a Millenial but I have a good job and have been independent since I was 18. Help what do I do.

write a blog post about feeling guilty of your success

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh god damnit you two.
:laffo: :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

notZaar posted:

wow this is unironically the best

• Locked thread