Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Silhouette posted:

It's a drat shame that nobody's stepped up to the plate and made tusked Assyrian-inspired Dwarfs to fill the Chaos Dwarf-shaped hole in our hearts :(
Any time someone thinks of making some, they get too sad remembering that ISIS destroyed the source material and stop sculpting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Silhouette posted:

It's a drat shame that nobody's stepped up to the plate and made tusked Assyrian-inspired Dwarfs to fill the Chaos Dwarf-shaped hole in our hearts :(

Not quite the same, but...

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Abyssal Dwarfs just aren't the same. A bunch of companies make "Chaos Dwarfs", but they're either based on the pre-4th edition midget Chaos Warrior style ones, or a bland hybrid of the two styles.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
http://russian-alternative.ru/ come pretty close to what modern style bighats would be.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'd buy that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This owns.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

KingFisher posted:

http://russian-alternative.ru/ come pretty close to what modern style bighats would be.

Holy poo poo, Kanaev does those? Sold.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Reset by Peer posted:

I have no clue what all of you are on. Chaos Dorfs are loving amazing. I especially like the metal ones. The one above is from a very old plastic set of identical monopose models. But even those dudes had a strange charm to them. They are goofy as gently caress, but in a good way.

I kinda wish I bought bunch of them back in the day at retail prices. Now they are pretty hard to come by. I had an idea of collecting a small force of these and use them as Abyssal Dorfs in Kings of War but they are fiendishly expensive on eBay these days.

I picked up a regiment of them for a ridiculously low sum last year - they normally go for a minimum of £10 a model or something stupid and I got them off ebay for an actually sort of reasonable for tiny plastic dudes price - but I got them as a bithday gift for a friend who GMed our WHFRP campaign with a Chaos Dwarf main villain. Took a lot of willpower not to just keep them for myself.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Any time someone thinks of making some, they get too sad remembering that ISIS destroyed the source material and stop sculpting.

There's still some of the source material in the British Museum and probably other international museums. I guess that these priceless relics have not been exploded is sort of an upside of over a century of horrifying imperialism from the European powers.

Archaeology Hat fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 14, 2015

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Archaeology Hat posted:

There's still some of the source material in the British Museum and probably other international museums. I guess that these priceless relics have not been exploded is sort of an upside of over a century of horrifying imperialism from the European powers.

Completely unrelated to the thread topic, but it's similar to China. Lots of their relics were destroyed during the Cultural Revolution and now there are far larger collections in Europe from all the looting that European countries did.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

FWIW some of the most priceless pieces were conspicuously absent from the ISIS museum smashing video. One theory is that the "best of" collection was flipped on the black market to pay for more guns, bombs, and video cameras.

There's an FBI warning issued about it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That was the worst of the Night at the Museum sequels, for sure.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

KingFisher posted:

Was gonna post this

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Speaking of alternative Chaos Dwarves, does anyone make a good Llamasu? That's the one model I wish I got when it was re-released with Storm of Magic. Love that ugly thing.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speaking of alternative Chaos Dwarves, does anyone make a good Llamasu? That's the one model I wish I got when it was re-released with Storm of Magic. Love that ugly thing.

i saw a good one a while back but i'm pretty sure that website got c&d'd

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Raging Heroes had a Llamasu head for their Manticore but I'm not sure if they still sell it.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they do still sell it but they had to make a head swap as a separate purchase.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Irate Tree posted:

I think they do still sell it but they had to make a head swap as a separate purchase.

They also changed the face a bit

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Social Justice Battlemage
Not to derail the fascinating Chaos Dorf conversation, but is this still the place to post uninspiring models?

Ok, so here is a studio painted Arcanist model for Warmachine:

This dude is useful enough to field multiples of him, but it's a mono-pose model so you usually end up to have two or more identical dudes your army. Most people distinguish them by painting their hair different color, or by re-positioning the tool arm... This dude however tried the good old gender swap, with predictable results:

Unzipped coat, bare midriff and boob window. And also he loving put snow on the base, because that makes perfect sense with the amount of exposed skin on that model.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Reset by Peer posted:

And also he loving put snow on the base, because that makes perfect sense with the amount of exposed skin on that model.

Better get your miniatures dressed in proper clothing when they're facing off Frost Magic Soviets, Burning Desert Christians and Dragon Necromancers. Don't want them to catch a cold or something.

Catachans shouldn't get armor saves either.

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

JcDent posted:

Better get your miniatures dressed in proper clothing when they're facing off Frost Magic Soviets, Burning Desert Christians and Dragon Necromancers. Don't want them to catch a cold or something.

See, female Catachan troops wearing tank-tops would be fine, because it would fit the theme, seeing how Catachan men go shirtless half the time. But in Retribution of Scyrah army capes, shawls, and turtlenecks seem to be the norm. For comparison, this is how most Elf women look in this game (tactical boob-plate + turtleneck):

And let's face it, boob window has no combat utility. The sole purpose of that particular costume design is for titillation.

Here is a "pro painted" Stormfront Lanternal and his weird dog:

Check out the amazing blending on the cape (blue table painting quality):

It can be yours for $90 US bucaroos, plus $10 for shipping.

Here is a "PRO PAINTED" Ogre... I think...

Reset by Peer fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 15, 2015

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Reset by Peer posted:

See, female Catachan troops wearing tank-tops would be fine, because it would fit the theme, seeing how Catachan men go shirtless half the time. But in Retribution of Scyrah army capes, shawls, and turtlenecks seem to be the norm. And let's face it, boob window has no combat utility. The sole purpose of that particular costume design is for titillation.

Well, she does have a trenchcoat... I'm sorry for going into this, I know I shouldn't. I'm not that better, but I'd probably manage a better cape than that.

Would be better at disguising a pile of rubber erasers as an ogre, too.

And yes, that's some lovely painted Lanternal.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Reset by Peer posted:

See, female Catachan troops wearing tank-tops would be fine, because it would fit the theme, seeing how Catachan men go shirtless half the time. But in Retribution of Scyrah army capes, shawls, and turtlenecks seem to be the norm. And let's face it, boob window has no combat utility. The sole purpose of that particular costume design is for titillation.

Well the model he modded it off has a tank top, but I suppose he was good enough to sculpt the cogwheel collar, he could've done a proper collar and shirt.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Z the IVth posted:

Well the model he modded it off has a tank top, but I suppose he was good enough to sculpt the cogwheel collar, he could've done a proper collar and shirt.

I'm pretty sure the gear was there already. I like that model but if I ever paint mine she is getting an undershirt for that bare midriff, I am undecided about the boob window.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Sep 15, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

gently caress off why would you do this!?!?

Reset by Peer
Aug 14, 2015

Is it Drednought o'clock yet?

Bubblegum Crisis:

Mint Oreo:

Chaos Tanknought:

Bonus Round

Trollminator:

I don't even know where the head is supposed to be on this:

Play-Doh Nightmare, aka "a competent sculptor can make disturbing nightmare faces using any medium":

And last, but not least this great model labeled simply as:

"Warhammer Space Marine Custom Made Emperor"

Truly, one of the most striking Golden Throne dioramas out there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Reset by Peer posted:

I don't even know where the head is supposed to be on this:

I think it's a sabre-toothed crocodile.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

For the playdoughperor and the doughperium!

goatface posted:

I think it's a sabre-toothed crocodile.

I need an adult.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Reset by Peer posted:

And last, but not least this great model labeled simply as:

"Warhammer Space Marine Custom Made Emperor"

Truly, one of the most striking Golden Throne dioramas out there.
This is a thing of beauty. Whatever it is. :wtc:

I like to think it was made by a weird, deluded child, but I think we all know the truth.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The play dough faces aren't a bad rendition of the epic plague tower.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I loving love those russian dwarfs wow

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Clans rolling out their new poo poo, Inner Sphere is hosed now!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

JcDent posted:

I like that personally. I always like big robots that have a bunch of guns instead of arms

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

JcDent posted:

I like it :ohdear:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
lol @ that turret just hanging off the missile launch though

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reset by Peer posted:

Trollminator:

Trollminator owns.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
The base is poo poo but that is pretty cool in that goofy 80s model kind of way.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

JcDent posted:

No kidding.

+

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I'm the upside down carnifex head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Reset by Peer posted:

Play-Doh Nightmare, aka "a competent sculptor can make disturbing nightmare faces using any medium":

Yeah no, this is rad as hell.