Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

The ideal solution would be to drop him from the show. Ditto Demorge. Ditto a whole chunk of what the show has evolved into this past year, including Dan's Police Bashing of the Week segment. I mean, do we really need a millionaire who lives in a gated mansion, a woman who is on the second month of a vacation in Ireland, a sheltered 22 year-old and a gorgeous former Broadway actor giving their opinions on why the police are eeeeeeeeevil every single loving week?

I think it's pretty interesting, they're so disconnected from reality. Dan will read the first paragraph of an article, Spencer reads the reddit comment section and Jeff reads whatever ancient book he's into at whatever time.

All form fairly complex opinions on whatever news item they semi-understand. It's like looking into a funhouse mirror of the news.

You're right about DeMorge, though, he basically does nothing apart from speak quietly and avoid making jokes. I really love when he bothers to tell stories, but they're so rare. Stuff like his advertisement auditions or the basketball story are good content, but most of the time he's just ... there.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
As long as we're siding with authority against Dan's opinions... I'm on the cops side for slamming Wiz Khalifa for riding a loving hoverboard in the airport. He sounds like an rear end in a top hat. Don't ride your 2000 dollar toy around in the airport, you dick.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

As long as we're siding with authority against Dan's opinions... I'm on the cops side for slamming Wiz Khalifa for riding a loving hoverboard in the airport. He sounds like an rear end in a top hat. Don't ride your 2000 dollar toy around in the airport, you dick.

i disagree

ride that poo poo ESPECIALLY at the airport.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"Sir. Please get off your sideways skateboard thing."

"NO! I'mmmmmm rrrrrich!" *scoots away*

gently caress that dude seriously

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

I actually disagree. Where's more perfect for hoverboard/segways than the airport? They're all huge and perfectly flat.

This thread is divided.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

well why not posted:

I actually disagree. Where's more perfect for hoverboard/segways than the airport? They're all huge and perfectly flat.

This thread is divided.

theyre crowded and full of people like me with big bags, mainly. I don't want people riding bikes in there either.

Also its just a fancy scooter that looks stupid, no one should ride one ever.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

theyre crowded and full of people like me with big bags, mainly. I don't want people riding bikes in there either.

Also its just a fancy scooter that looks stupid, no one should ride one ever.

you must be short or something becuase that extra 2 inches it gives the rider seems to really gently caress with you

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

you must be short or something becuase that extra 2 inches it gives the rider seems to really gently caress with you

What are you talking about?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
owned

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So why's Erin in Ireland? Dan was really vague about it, and boy is a monthlong quest to find yourself not a good sign for a new marriage.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

PostNouveau posted:

So why's Erin in Ireland? Dan was really vague about it, and boy is a monthlong quest to find yourself not a good sign for a new marriage.

Edinburgh Fringe + ???

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I thought she was doing the WWOOF thing, like Matt Gourley's girlfriend when she went to Sweden.

Also Dan's gonna be on Drunk History this month and appearantly he came pretty close to drinking the host under the table. That should be fun.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 3, 2015

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Illinois Smith posted:

Also Dan's gonna be on Drunk History this month and appearantly he came pretty close to drinking the host under the table. That should be fun.

So Harmontown without Jeff, Spencer, etc.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

Edinburgh Fringe + ???

Oh was that it? That's cool then.

Edit: No wait, she's in Ireland, not Scotland though?

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 3, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

Oh was that it? That's cool then.

Edit: No wait, she's in Ireland, not Scotland though?

She's also.. not an artist.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Irish Joe posted:

It's a comedy festival? And finished now.

I did enjoy that this week's episode featured a Chimpanzee That slot. I could hear Gervais screeching in my head.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

Wow you're such a goddamn idiot

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

So Harmontown without Jeff, Spencer, etc.
But that show involves actual research and the narrators know what they're talking about.

Weirdly enough, he's appearantly on the Miami episode with a story about about some coke cartel matriarch.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It's a comedy festival? And finished now.

I read the first sentence of the google description and assumed it was a fine arts and crafts festival, not a festival so that every halfwit performing arts major in the Western Hemisphere can feel special for a week.

Sometimes I get things wrong.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Get rid of Shadowrun, replace it with live readings of Dan's teenage creative writing. That segment was gold.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

qbert posted:

Get rid of Shadowrun, replace it with live readings of Dan's teenage creative writing. That segment was gold.

There's an episode of Before You Were Funny that has more of his teenage writing. It's hysterical.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

qbert posted:

My favorite episode of this podcast ever was the first one when he did this. "Teenage Morrissey" or something.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If you're talking about his journal writings with the NKOTB fan that got locked up in the nuthouse, the episode is called Sand Pollution. It's one of my favorite podcast episodes ever.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Weird I was just commenting to my friend about the space trucker part in that Highwayman song like 2 days ago.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

That verse from "On Our Own" Jeff was talking about is even worse than he said:

Found out about Vigo
The Master of Evil
Tried to battle my boys?
That's not legal

I'm pretty sure "evil" is supposed to rhyme with "legal".

Also, Kumail is still the best.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I liked this episode.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Brocktoon posted:

That verse from "On Our Own" Jeff was talking about is even worse than he said:

Found out about Vigo
The Master of Evil
Tried to battle my boys?
That's not legal

I'm pretty sure "evil" is supposed to rhyme with "legal".

Also, Kumail is still the best.

The Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack is loving dope.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Wait, Spencer is employed by Dan's production company, but doesn't have health coverage? What the gently caress is up with that?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

Wait, Spencer is employed by Dan's production company, but doesn't have health coverage? What the gently caress is up with that?

Oh yea, lol.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Isn't he Dan's butler or something? Come on, you gotta take care of your servants, Dan.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

Isn't he Dan's butler or something? Come on, you gotta take care of your servants, Dan.

Its okay, Dan voted for Obama.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh man, Erin's back and we've got some wonderful awkwardness as Dan and Erin feel out each other

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Cerepol posted:

Oh man, Erin's back and we've got some wonderful awkwardness as Dan and Erin feel out each other

Yeah, that was... interesting.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
If this autism book is half as illuminating as they are acting like how come I've heard all of this stuff before?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

If this autism book is half as illuminating as they are acting like how come I've heard all of this stuff before?

You've probably done a ton of research on your neurological condition.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That book sounds cool as poo poo

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

...because Erin doesn't come to the show now that she's got her ring and just wants to sit around Dan's palatial mansion and waste his money.

What a profound analysis of two people you know from a weekly hour long show.

Is this guy a gimmick account or does he just wax misogynistic all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cast Iron Brick posted:

What a profound analysis of two people you know from a weekly hour long show.

Is this guy a gimmick account or does he just wax misogynistic all the time?

You just reading through the thread?

Anyways Irish Joe is Irish Joe, pretty good antagonistic account. Riles people up. Not a troll though, cause he's brought it to an art form. I'm a fan of his work as strangely we visit the same threads so I get my daily dose fairly often.

Edit I would post it but I'm on a phone. There exists a song talk to Irish Joe gif somewhere.