Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goldenoreos posted:

Not after Superior Iron Man. She is done with Tony's rear end.

Like any of that will be acknowledged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So pepper isn't in the book? That means Bendis is probably using her as a stand in.

That is really lazy Bendis.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SirDan3k posted:

It's all movie set up man, Paltrow is too old to take up the Rescue identity but a Peter Parker aged MJ in the cinematic universe could.

I'd honestly love the hell out of that. Specially if it means that when the entire MCU is thrown into a giant space battle with Thanos and there's explosions everywhere, Peter and MJ will just hide in a corner and smooch through spider-themed space-helmets and iron man faces.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhyno posted:

Like any of that will be acknowledged.

he's already picking up on plot threads from gillen's run. I think it's likely there will at least be a "well pepper's gone since I turned into a giant rear end in a top hat" line.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Back to normal and I still can't bring myself to feel regret over pumping Extremis into the San Francisco water supply."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

OMG, I didn't know anyone liked any of those things.

They are so loving tedious.

I also like when he agonizes over Aunt May's health, and/or money. Angsty thought bubbles for pages.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

CharlestheHammer posted:

So pepper isn't in the book? That means Bendis is probably using her as a stand in.

Pepper is in the book, Bendis mentions it in this interview.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Just read Silk 07. The art was a bit rough but I greatly enjoyed seeing how a lot of regular people acted to the end of the world. Also Silk's backstory is a punch to the loving gut.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe, just maybe we should wait until we've read the loving book before calling a author lazy or something?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Decius posted:

Maybe, just maybe we should wait until we've read the loving book before calling a author lazy or something?

No.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Guys, what if Bendis just takes the script for his Moon Knight series a few years ago and just writes IRON MAN over all of the pages and turns it in? I can't believe Bendis thinks Iron Man and Moon Knight as the same character. loving Bendis.

Also I hear he thinks Iron Man's real name is Tony Starks. IT'S TONY STARK BENDIS GET YOUR LAZY STUPID HEAD IN THE loving GAME, ALL WRITING STARKS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I also hear Bendis didn't even know Iron Man was an Avenger until last week. BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS YOUR IRON MAN BOOK IS A LAZY, POORLY RESEARCHED PIECE OF poo poo THAT DOESN'T EVEN REFERENCE THE HUNDREDS OF poo poo rear end AVENGERS COMICS YOU YOURSELF WROTE, YOU LAZY HACK, IRON MAN WAS IN THE AVENGERS A WHOLE LOT YOU DUMBO. JESUS.

Can't believe how bad Bendis's Iron Man series has been.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Edge are you okay, are you having a mental breakdown spanning through multiple threads? It'll be alright. Don't worry.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Edge are you okay, are you having a mental breakdown spanning through multiple threads? It'll be alright. Don't worry.

Relentless cynicism and negativity can get to you sometimes.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

KittyEmpress posted:

I got tired of reading comics or knowing facts and am just trying to fit in.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Edge just likes the pedagogy of exaggeration. It's very fitting for BSS.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

Guys, what if Bendis just takes the script for his Moon Knight series a few years ago and just writes IRON MAN over all of the pages and turns it in? I can't believe Bendis thinks Iron Man and Moon Knight as the same character. loving Bendis.

Also I hear he thinks Iron Man's real name is Tony Starks. IT'S TONY STARK BENDIS GET YOUR LAZY STUPID HEAD IN THE loving GAME, ALL WRITING STARKS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I also hear Bendis didn't even know Iron Man was an Avenger until last week. BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS YOUR IRON MAN BOOK IS A LAZY, POORLY RESEARCHED PIECE OF poo poo THAT DOESN'T EVEN REFERENCE THE HUNDREDS OF poo poo rear end AVENGERS COMICS YOU YOURSELF WROTE, YOU LAZY HACK, IRON MAN WAS IN THE AVENGERS A WHOLE LOT YOU DUMBO. JESUS.

Can't believe how bad Bendis's Iron Man series has been.

Thanks for the input Bendis.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would take a million Bendises all writing about Miles Morales dad forever over one Dan Slott.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

True, I don't hate Bendis. He is just kind of hit and miss for me. Maybe he will actually make tony likable again. I doubt it tho.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was about to roll my eyes and complain about Dan Slott yet again being brought up out of the blue in another unrelated Spider-Man thread but then realized that this is the Spider-Man thread and I had forgotten because everyone is talking about fuckin' Iron Man

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is your point?

Do you have one?

Or should we be proud that you can read, somewhat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Remember when Spider-man worked for Stark Inc or whatever for like 10 minutes? Good times.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is your point?

Do you have one?

Considering it's your posts that I've read, I wouldn't exactly characterize it as something to be proud of.

Lurdiak posted:

Remember when Spider-man worked for Stark Inc or whatever for like 10 minutes? Good times.

Civil War, the land of squandered opportunity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is your point?

Do you have one?

I can read! Can I get a banana sticker?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I can read! Can I get a banana sticker?

Don't brag you will make blockhouse feel bad, after someone tells him about it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alright guys, lets stop talking about Iron Man and start talking about the superhero that is hanging out with hot ladies, is super rich and owns a company that does high-tech gadgets of which he uses for combat.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Alright guys, lets stop talking about Iron Man and start talking about the superhero that is hanging out with hot ladies, is super rich and owns a company that does high-tech gadgets of which he uses for combat.

Finally, a Batman thread!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait for Peter Parker's body guard Spider-man to show up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Senor Candle posted:

I don't know if you joking but that is literally happening according to slott.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I wanna write Iron-Man but I don't ant to lose my chance at the Spider-crown, How could I do it? Hrrmmm.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

I unironically want to see this because of the sheer ludicrousness (Although in all honesty Marvel's overrun with Spider-folk these days, if Peter needed someone to put on the costume to pull the old "Look I can't be Spider-Man, because he and I are in the same room!" it'd be easier than ever)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I read elsewhere that this new series is going to be "Spider-men Inc" and he's going to hand off his country specific suits to new heroes every few issues or so.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That sounds like fun. Hopefully they don't backpedal on it before the story even ends like DC did with Batman Inc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

That sounds like fun. Hopefully they don't backpedal on it before the story even ends like DC did with Batman Inc.

Well grain of salt and all that. It didn't come from the same place that said MJ was gonna get wifed again but rumorville is a vicious place.

Edit: Yet another rumor says that a second MJ is crossing into 616 (or whatever they're gonna cal it) causing headaches for everyone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do like how marvel is making their universe an even more confusing place. Considering everyone thought they were gonna reboot

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I read elsewhere that this new series is going to be "Spider-men Inc" and he's going to hand off his country specific suits to new heroes every few issues or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bw1OlVdZ2U

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Well grain of salt and all that. It didn't come from the same place that said MJ was gonna get wifed again but rumorville is a vicious place.

Edit: Yet another rumor says that a second MJ is crossing into 616 (or whatever they're gonna cal it) causing headaches for everyone.

They've been franchising the poo poo out of Spider-Man, going global is a smart move. Bringing back Spider Punk would be nice as well.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Die Laughing posted:

They've been franchising the poo poo out of Spider-Man, going global is a smart move. Bringing back Spider Punk would be nice as well.

Even some of his villains want to be a part of the Spider-man franchise.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Rhyno posted:

That could actually be Spider-Gwen's Em Jay. Though I can't imagine how.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Castomira posted:

That could actually be Spider-Gwen's Em Jay. Though I can't imagine how.

SG is retaining her own universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder if it'll be Teenage Reporter Mary Jane from the Ultimate universe.

• Locked thread