Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Stanyer69 finished his blood angels:

Comments and questions welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ilor posted:

You loving WHW goonhams better take a bunch of pictures such that the rest of us can live vicariously through you. :colbert:

Definitely! I'll probably have enough time to use my good camera (DSLR) rather than just my phone. I usually forget to take pictures later in the game but I'll try hard to take plenty!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

Not a sergeant, I know. :nyd:

Eeeeeeeeeeee I got a mention!

In actual content, perfect timing - I've gotten a whole bunch of stuff done!

Biker Squad 7, 'Primus':

Devastator Squad 9, 'Echo'

2nd Company Captain Vorador, with Command Squad of handpicked veterans of the 77:

I had a lot of fun painting these guys. Aside from the bikers, most of them are second-hand rescue marines gotten for cheap/free, stripped and repainted; I particularly love the Command Squad and its selection of old metal veterans. These old minis have a lot of character, and the dumpy little ancient Apothecary in particular warms the core of my cold and black heart.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
It must really suck being an ablative wound in a dev squad. All the other guys gets cool heavy weapons and you just get your bolter.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

It must really suck being an ablative wound in a dev squad. All the other guys gets cool heavy weapons and you just get your bolter.

If you're really lucky, you can be the bolter Marine with the pointy arm.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

If you're really lucky, you can be the bolter Marine with the pointy arm.
Ooh, or maybe the dude lugging extra heavy bolter ammo in a squad without them.

Is that still a bit in the new devastator kit?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Drake_263 posted:

I had a lot of fun painting these guys. Aside from the bikers, most of them are second-hand rescue marines gotten for cheap/free, stripped and repainted; I particularly love the Command Squad and its selection of old metal veterans. These old minis have a lot of character, and the dumpy little ancient Apothecary in particular warms the core of my cold and black heart.

Those are all quite pleasing to the eye, but the power fists especially stand out to me as looking great.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Safety Factor posted:

Ooh, or maybe the dude lugging extra heavy bolter ammo in a squad without them.

Is that still a bit in the new devastator kit?

I don't think so, unfortunately. I just glanced over the Dev sprue and couldn't find them, anyway. I guess it's a fair trade for the cyberbaby dragging the meltabomb.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Drake_263 posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeee I got a mention!

In actual content, perfect timing - I've gotten a whole bunch of stuff done!

Biker Squad 7, 'Primus':

Devastator Squad 9, 'Echo'

2nd Company Captain Vorador, with Command Squad of handpicked veterans of the 77:

That's a sexy looking army and I want to line up my green and white Eldar with your green and cream Dark Angels and smite some Chaos

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Played a game this weekend. Will post pics with battle report, but suffice to say I can see how CSMs really are kind of underpowered. They need something to make them less vulnerable to being swept off the table.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Uroboros posted:

Played a game this weekend. Will post pics with battle report, but suffice to say I can see how CSMs really are kind of underpowered. They need something to make them less vulnerable to being swept off the table.

Stubborn would be one way to go. Or the old Undivided mark, which let you reroll failed Morale checks.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

Stubborn would be one way to go. Or the old Undivided mark, which let you reroll failed Morale checks.

Yeah, not as good as ATSKNF but would make the 1 point difference more reasonable.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

The Fearless banners are nice but they need to be on bigger squads to make them more worth it. If Veterans of the Long War gave Stubborn that'd be neat.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

The Fearless banners are nice but they need to be on bigger squads to make them more worth it. If Veterans of the Long War gave Stubborn that'd be neat.

The problem with the banners is that it's really easy to just snipe them out of a squad of 10 or less. If it was just a blanket cost across the unit it'd be a bit TOO good, I think.

VotLW giving Stubborn would go a long way to making them a viable choice. Or heck, VotLW giving 3.5-esque veteran skills depending on the Legion/warband you pick.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Drake_263 posted:

These guys look great. I especially like the Veterans Squad. Plasma Pistols and Power Axes? gently caress yeah!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

drgnvale posted:

Those are all quite pleasing to the eye, but the power fists especially stand out to me as looking great.

Thank you! I like how they turned out, too.

Boon posted:

That's a sexy looking army and I want to line up my green and white Eldar with your green and cream Dark Angels and smite some Chaos

They're pre-Heresy/loyalist Death Guard, but let's not tell the Dark Angels that.. :ssh: Slowly working my way towards a full Battle Company!

The Sex Cannon posted:

These guys look great. I especially like the Veterans Squad. Plasma Pistols and Power Axes? gently caress yeah!

Plasma pistols and power weapons look sexy as gently caress - shame they're so drat expensive on the table! Geedubs really needs to discount melee weapons and special pistols.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren:30k on 40k Trigger Warning:siren:

Sisko, myself, 0 beers, some Mexican food, and a DSLR camera met up to slam some ham this weekend. I’m still learning how to take battle report shots, but here are the uncensored pictures of our hot and sweaty Barbie on Barbie action. Sisko insisted I avoid pictures of his army, but his painting has come a long way and I managed some nice glam shots of his newly painted assassins. You should tell him his stuff looks good, because it is, and also so I can take shots of it next time.

The lineup was 1850 points of 30K Iron Warriors vs 40K Space Wolves. Sisko brought a wolf lord (on a wolf), thunderwolf squads, a long fang missile squad, marines in a baby assault ram, some deep striking terminators, and a pair of assassins as allies. I brought a chaplain, tactical blob, breacher siege squad, pair of vindicators, thudd gun, predator command tank, and allied in a Castellax + Magos. We played on one of the best tables I’ve ever Warhammed on:

(each image is large and you can open it in a new tab to check out the little detail)

We used 40k rules, but Heresy deployment: kiddie corners with an 18” no man’s land in the middle of the board. For primary objectives we rolled ‘Emperor’s Will’ with one objective in my corner and one in his. I won deployment and let Sisko deploy first. He deployed in heavy cover. Here’s the view from his deployment zone into mine:

My legion deployed lined up along the trenches:

Sisko chose the better of the two deployments and had both high ground and a major cover advantage. He plopped his Vindcare on an awesome perch that had a clear field of fire on everything:

Sisko put his wolves and lord front and centre with the long fangs and some cool HQ dude in his backfield ontop of an objective. Having been steamrolled by his wolves before, they were definitely a threat for my leadership 9 Legionaries:

Oh yeah. He also had a crazy skull assassin dude running at me from my left flank. Hell yeah:

I won first turn and preceded to pie plate his wolves the best I could. My thud gun proved it was just as good as a Vindcare and put a wound onto it from my backfield. My blobs moved in a more defensive position in anticipation of his troops charging forward and put some wounds on the wolves and Eversor. I moved my Castellax up to block any charging units, shot his cavalry, overheated, took a wound, but managed to blind them. On his turn, Sisko moved everything up as far as it could go. His longfangs smacked the poo poo out of my command tank, giving him first blood, and making it a wreck.

Things immediately became interesting when Sisko detached his wolf lord and made a dukes of hazard ballin 10” charge right into my Castallax. The Eversor joined in too. Despite their reputation as tanks, having only a 3+6++ and I3 in melee wasn’t enough to keep him alive for long. He lasted until the end of my second turn, leaving a wide open path to charge the my more fragile Legionnaires:

Turn 2 my thud gun was able to put down the Vindcare, the weight of fire of my legionaries + vindicator took down the remaining wolf cavalry, and my Magos beamed down from space into Sisko’s rear lines and began chipping away at the long fangs. Sisko in turn glanced my vindicator and deep struck a nasty squad of terminators into my backfield. Luckily for me, and unluckily for Sisko, they scattered near my breacher squad who had interceptor. I rapid fired everything I could into them and managed to take down 2, leaving 3 very angry Vikings alive in my backfield. We both earned linebreaker this turn.

Turn 3, my 2nd Vidicator outflanked into Sisko’s rear lines. I have a growing respect for surprise vindicators as it’s pie plate, combined with the fire from my Magos, really did work on his long fangs this game:

Sisko’s assault ram come onto the board. With his terminators far away from the objective he had no choice but to send it down the middle to deal with my other vindicator and grab the objective if he could:

Meanwhile, at the end of turn 2 Sisko had charged my Legionaries with both his wolf lord and Eversor Assasin. The poisoned attacks from the Eversor turned out to do little against my FNP marines, but the wolf lord’s lighting claws ripped legionaries to shreds handily. My counter attack was pretty desperate, but put no wounds on his melee guys. I lost combat by 3 and failed a tough morale check… the squad was about to break and be swept to a man… but instead they looked at their legion vexilla waving overhead. Giving them a badly needed re-roll, I managed to pass my leadership my second time around and kept them steady enough to kept fighting. They kept on fighting through turn 3, slowly loosing men, but holding steady. Perhaps re-Invigorated by the Vexilla, or because I rolled well, my sergeant manned up and put two poweraxe wounds on the wolf lord:

The breachers charged the terminators. Despite only having 1 attack each due to their shields, when combined with my chaplain they put enough wounds to take one down. The chaplain challenged the sergeant and knocked him out of the fight, leaving one terminator left who swung back and turned 3 breachers into a red mist.

Blasting at it with all guns, the assault ram immobilized my vindicator guaranteeing that it couldn’t point its gun at the desperate melee going on nearby. More importantly, it cleared a path to my objective:

Against all odds, the legionaries held against the wolf lord and Eversor for another round of combat. The Sergeant decided to man up again. Somehow, to everyone’s surprise, he slew Sisko’s wolf lord in combat. I’m definitely going to give this guy a cool looking model with some battle damage to commemorate the moment. This melee (between the Eversor and the Legionaries commanded by Sergent ‘Axe Cop’) would continue for the rest of the game. My guys getting killed off 1 or 2 at a time, but still holding steady.

Pulled down under the combined weight of all my breachers the last of Sisko’s terminators went down as well:

Turn 4, I consolidated my breachers and ran them down towards my home objective. By this time, my outflanking vindicator and magos had finished off Sisko’s long fangs and moved onto it to score. Sisko blew up my immobilized vindicator and disembarked his tactical squad for a last second objective grab. Turn 5 my thud gun and breachers took out the tactical squad, but with no AA weren’t able to blow up their scoring transport:

Sisko’s smart end-game resulted in a well deserved tie!

Sisko: First blood, Linebreaker, Objective
Bulbasaur: Slay the warlord, Linebreaker, Objective

I had a blast playing on such a gorgeous table. Sisko, for being a strange man I met on the internet, is a good dude and always fun to play with. If you're in the Bay Area, hit us up. Also here are some cool artsy pictures because M’I Yag:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 14, 2015

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
The computers at work are down so I am sat twiddling my thumbs and the this battle report was great. What a great table too! The models look great too and one or two of the black and whites really remove the prominence of the bases. Along with the dynamic posing of the models it really aids in the suspension of disbelief!

Word is still working at work so I am cracking on with the cheat sheets for this weekend. Any last points on the scenario this is the time to say. I am actually going to change the distance of the Jack teleport to 12" so it has more opportunity for havoc.

Lord T, thanks for the offer on flyers. Let's leave it as it is and concentrate on grinding our foes beneath the armour behemoths of the Imperial Guard. And the Blood Angels will be there too.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

I can bring Ghazghkull along :D

Maybe go full on Council of Waaagh :orks101:

Now to go figure out how to pack a Stompa for transport...

Raphus C posted:

I have a couple of converted dakka-jets.

I am bringing a ton of Kans, I haven't used them since the new codex dropped. I am not expecting much, but my army will look pretty on the table.

Question, can a painboy on a bike join a bunch of Stormboyz?

Hello worthy allies! Or should I say...newest slave subjects of Commorragh?

How many points are you guys bringing, roughly? We've got flyers, I'm assuming we have tons of infantry, hopefully a superheavy (the Stompa)? I have DE flyers, some heavy dudes (Talos/Chronos), Venom and Raider spam, a couple of Reavers (dark lancey things), several jetbikes and enough infantry to fill out the Raiders and Venoms.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
this would be useful to know for the quantity of stuff required for the imperium too.

Also quote is not edit.

\/ At this point it is all good.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 14, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I need to put together some lists and pick which one I prefer/is easiest to pack. Will do some experimenting tonight and see if it's practical to bring any Stompas. Will probably bring my case o'infantry along so we've spare in case they're needed, but I'll aim for 2k points.

I doubt I'll get more Meganobz painted in time though, so no Bully Boyz from me (unless Raphus has a squad spare and cross-player formations are OK).

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I just bought a HUGE lot of old 40K Orks, I don't think there's anything newer than 3rd edition here. My thoughts:

1. Identifying Ork units is a pain. They all look extremely same-y
2. The old 3rd edition GW plastics have absolutely atrocious mold lines. I spent a few hours yesterday simply removing them with an x-acto and only got through about 30.
3. I am excited to play them

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

The Sex Cannon posted:

Drake_263 posted:

Plasma pistols and power weapons look sexy as gently caress - shame they're so drat expensive on the table! Geedubs really needs to discount melee weapons and special pistols.

Not to worry - soon enough they won't cost anything at all.

:can:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Re: Saturday's Goonmeet, I just had another friend confirm they're interested. He'll be bringing 2k of Tau if that's OK? Thinking he can go in with the Imperials for the Greater Good :)

However I'd recommend planning and bringing larger lists in case he doesn't show up as he's notoriously flaky and may cancel at the last minute.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

ham slam ram jam
This was a great battle report! Your guys look baller on the table, as do Sisko's. No kidding though, that table is gorgeous. I have to wonder why there's parts of a graveyard in the midst of a trench network, but it still looks like a great table to fight on. Thanks for writing that up!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ineptmule posted:

Not to worry - soon enough they won't cost anything at all.

:can:

nice

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Re: Saturday's Goonmeet, I just had another friend confirm they're interested. He'll be bringing 2k of Tau if that's OK? Thinking he can go in with the Imperials for the Greater Good :)

However I'd recommend planning and bringing larger lists in case he doesn't show up as he's notoriously flaky and may cancel at the last minute.

More than welcome. I will prepare for every eventuality.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeah out of print models always sink in price.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah out of print models always sink in price.

:boom:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

Stanyer69 finished his blood angels:

Comments and questions welcome

Forgeworld really stepped up their game

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

krushgroove posted:

How many points are you guys bringing, roughly? We've got flyers, I'm assuming we have tons of infantry, hopefully a superheavy (the Stompa)? I have DE flyers, some heavy dudes (Talos/Chronos), Venom and Raider spam, a couple of Reavers (dark lancey things), several jetbikes and enough infantry to fill out the Raiders and Venoms.

I was bringing 1,500 now 2,000. Any more will be a loving pain as I am walking about 1 hour each way to and from various train stations. I also have to get up early to catch said loving lovely trains.

I am bringing mostly stompy robbits. It is a deff mob list. I am also bringing a vanilla army from the codex (which I don't own a copy of) to make up the points. That also has stompy robbits. I am bringing stuff because it is cool, not because it is effective. You have been warned.

Zark the Damned posted:

I need to put together some lists and pick which one I prefer/is easiest to pack. Will do some experimenting tonight and see if it's practical to bring any Stompas. Will probably bring my case o'infantry along so we've spare in case they're needed, but I'll aim for 2k points.
I doubt I'll get more Meganobz painted in time though, so no Bully Boyz from me (unless Raphus has a squad spare and cross-player formations are OK).

I have 9 meganobz. I can bring them if you want them in your list. I have poo poo-tons of stuff so let me know if you want stuff and I will see if I can carry it. Also, bring a Stompa unless you go by public transport. I have never seen one in action so this is for selfish reasons.

I now feel in too deep to not attend. If I am not there at 10:30 it is because I have overslept.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

Forgeworld really stepped up their game

:golfclap:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
[quote="BULBASAUR" post=""450188165"]

balling bat rep.
[/quote]

That was an awesome game and I appreciate you making the trip down to throw some dice around and to play with plastic space barbies. Hopefully next time we play my space barbies will be in a less embarrassing state. That's what a get for taking a ridiculous course load and deciding that my Space Wolves need a repaint :effort: . At leader I learnt that I'm never going to bring my terminators again so expect the glorious return of my Knight.

SRM posted:

This was a great battle report! Your guys look baller on the table, as do Sisko's. No kidding though, that table is gorgeous. I have to wonder why there's parts of a graveyard in the midst of a trench network, but it still looks like a great table to fight on. Thanks for writing that up!

Thanks for the compliments. Your posts are something I enjoy looking forward too in this thread. That table is one my favorites and the store manager is a bit of mad genius when it comes to terrain (you can't see it in the pictures but he's building the Batcave/Wayne Manor for the Batman miniature game) . The graveyard bits were terrain that me and Bulbasaur added in afterwards hence why it seems out of place .

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Saturday's game gave me a chance to see my Battle Demi-Company in action. My apologies that the pictures aren't nearly as sexy as Bulbasaur's.

Anyway, we went 1500 pts of Ultramarines Demi-Company vs. a CAD of Crimson Slaughter.

I went 3 full tacticals wielding a mix of weapons, plasma in one squad, melta in another, and finally a Heavy Bolter and flamer in another just to switch it up. Lascannon/Missile Launcher Centurions, Bikers, Venerable Dreadnaught, and a TFC. This all being led by a Captain riding a bike and wielding the Burning Blade.

My opponent brought a rather balanced force of Chaos Marines led by Kharon the Relentless as his squad of power weapon wielding chosen. The regular Chaos Marines were each led by a power weapon wielding sergeant and had fearless(icon of vengeance?). Additionally, a small squad of CCW cultists, Obliterators, and a Defiler sporting a Heavy Flamer and Twin-Linked Lascannon.

We rolled for Mission on the Maelstrom list, and received Spoils of War. My opponent won the roll off and decided to deploy first, and I then proceeded to Sieze the Initiative from him.

Turn 1
I had set up my bikers with as much between them as the defiler as possible, feeling the Battle Cannon was the biggest threat towards my Warlord. I ran them and Rhino up the right table edge as we both proceeded to dance around one another for a couple turns seeking to get in the best position to assault or shoot one another. My shooting saw my Centurions fail to do anything to the Land Raider, and my TFC and Venerable Dreadnaught put a couple wounds on the Obliterators. My Centurions took up position in a bolstered ruin making them rather difficult to damage. In response he moved his Raider forward, and fired his Battle Cannon at my Centurions failing to do any damage, and took some pot shots at my Bikers, which managed to land a wound on my Captain because I elected for him to tank a snap shooting Heavy Bolter only to be rewarded with a failed 2+ save. Karma however quickly back-handed my opponent as the plasma-gunner evaporated himself within the Rhino.

Turn 2
I continued to advance along the flanks feeling I had the advantage since my opponent was unsure where to employ his Warlord as I had the Rhino carrying the Melta-wielders shadowing its movements. On the right flank the bikers and rhinos continued forward, and a very lucky roll on the part of the grav-weapon wielders saw the Land Raider immobilized. On the left flank the Defiler took a couple hull points from my Centurions, but remained unshaken, while a disembarking tactical squad and Venerable Dreadnaught poured all their fire into the Obliterators, who managed to make over a dozen 2+ saves. My opponent responded by disembarking both his Marine squads, doing significant casualties on the Marines on the left flank, but failing to do any real damage to the bikers on the right. A combination of Land Raider and Defiler fire managed to put two wounds on my Centurions, but coming from different angles prevented me from losing a model. With the Land Raider unable to contribute any longer his Warlord and Chosen disembarked and sought cover. Also, he managed to take 2 hull points off the Venerable dread and destroy all but the powerclaw.

Turn 3

Instead of going for the exposed Marines on the right, I cut my bikes inwards and feel them into a charge against the enemy Warlord, who's squad manages to not take a single wound despite a huge volume of bolter and melta-fire coming their direction. I leave my right most tactical squad to deal with their counterparts, and their rapid fire cuts the squad in half, while the TFC does the same by dropping a large number of wounds on the Marine squad on the left, who are reduced to only 3 marines after my wounded squad retaliates with fire of its own. My Centurions manage to strip another hull point, but I can't seem to nail down the Defiler. In the assault phase he accepts my Captain's challenge with some named character(The Butcher?) who is properly murdered by my Captain along with 3 more chosen as Assault doctrine and Digital weapons ensure I get 5 wounds. The rest of the bikers don't really do much else. Feeling things are going badly for him the remaining chaos Marines join the combat with the bikers to assist their Warlord, while the remaining few on the left charge my Marines only to have 1 die in overwatch and another die in combat, leaving the power sword wielding champion by himself. The defiler attempts to finish the Venerable but fails. As the combat between the Chosen and Bikers continues Kharon is left alone as the remaining Chosen are cut down.

Turn 4

My Centurions finally put the Defiler to rest, and the TFC misses horribly for the second turn in a row rolling a scatter of 11 for the second time. At this point there isn't much to shoot as everyone is locked in combat, however my opponent's final defenses break down completely as the Melta weapon squad closes with and destroys the Land Raider, while the far right tactical squad assaults the enemy Rhino blowing it up with a Melta-Bomb. The Venerable Dreadnaught rescues the survivors of the left most tactical squad from the Chaos Champion, but is promptly killed by the remaining Obliterator. Kharon the Relentless hopelessly outnumbered and unprepared is beaten in single combat by my Bike Captain, while the Marines attempt to come to his aid manage to kill only a single bike. The Cultists who haven't done much the entire game but camp objectives try to push forward, but are unable to contribute otherwise and find themselves suffering my Captain's wrath.

Turn 5

The game is mine as the points really start to flood in as I get card after card for killing this or that. We both realize this but decide to run it to the final conclusion. The Centurions kill the Obliterator and last Rhino, while I elect not to fire at the cultists because I feel it will ruin my chance at succeeding on the charge, and because I wish to see if I can table my opponent. I fail the charge, but he graciously charges me in turn, and the bikes manage to kill all but one cultist in combat, however I actually fail to beat him on the following initiative test, and one fleeing cultist survives the melee. We roll for turn six, and the game ends. Despite how one-sided it ended, we both had a great time. He mentioned that he plans on sending his guys into a painting company since he lacks the time to do it himself, being a busy IT guy.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 14, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Sisko posted:

That was an awesome game and I appreciate you making the trip down to throw some dice around and to play with plastic space barbies. Hopefully next time we play my space barbies will be in a less embarrassing state. That's what a get for taking a ridiculous course load and deciding that my Space Wolves need a repaint :effort: . At leader I learnt that I'm never going to bring my terminators again so expect the glorious return of my Knight.

Thanks for the compliments. Your posts are something I enjoy looking forward too in this thread. That table is one my favorites and the store manager is a bit of mad genius when it comes to terrain (you can't see it in the pictures but he's building the Batcave/Wayne Manor for the Batman miniature game) . The graveyard bits were terrain that me and Bulbasaur added in afterwards hence why it seems out of place .

Thanks for the invite jerks.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
In a different thread where the trailer for the Battlefleet Gothic video game got linked, someone said:

spacetoaster posted:

There is a new run in the works similar to what happened with space hulk.

Is this true? Because god drat BFG is the only thing from GW that I've ever really enjoyed playing as a game, rather than a really expensive arts & crafts hobby.

Sorry for a slightly off-topic post, but this seemed like the best place to ask.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but yes there is a BFG game coming out that will be an RTS.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

I have no idea what you are talking about, but yes there is a BFG game coming out that will be an RTS.

I think he's talking about a possible re-release of the tabletop game like Space Hulk got, in an "exclusive" "small numbers" release or something like that.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

In a different thread where the trailer for the Battlefleet Gothic video game got linked, someone said:

Is this true? Because god drat BFG is the only thing from GW that I've ever really enjoyed playing as a game, rather than a really expensive arts & crafts hobby.

Sorry for a slightly off-topic post, but this seemed like the best place to ask.

Haven't heard anything about it. Though Dropfleet Commander might be up your alley. Should be coming to kickstarter soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DJ Dizzy posted:

And I can't wait! Though I am a little puzzled as to why it is seemingly on a 2-D plane rather than a 3-D "box" like Homeworld or Sins of a Solar Empire. Going for that table-top feel I guess.

• Locked thread