Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Strobe posted:

K-State currently with the best scoring defense in the country. :toot:

Patiently waiting to be ranked next week after holding LA Tech to a field goal and ending the preseason with a grand total of 2 PPG allowed.

K-State ain't gonna be ranked next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

I'll believe that Georgia is doomed without their starting runningback the moment the backup doesn't immediately come in and set rushing records and not before

Michel has a hip contusion and Marshall has the yips about running and taking a hit. It's all up to the great white hope, Brendan Douglas.

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015

Strobe posted:

K-State currently with the best scoring defense in the country. :toot:

Patiently waiting to be ranked next week after holding LA Tech to a field goal and ending the preseason with a grand total of 2 PPG allowed.

lets see how that fairs vs tcu

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm not sure if it has been posted already, but Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo, arguably the only good player on the team, was suspended indefinitely for something that took place after the game. He's definitely out against Penn State.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
And Penn State is a touchdown favorite and growing.

Congratulations Kyle Flood, well on your way to being the first coach fired in season this year.

Komet posted:

I'm not sure if it has been posted already, but Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo, arguably the only good player on the team, was suspended indefinitely for something that took place after the game. He's definitely out against Penn State.

It was.

Darius Hamilton is AWESOME (and has been hurt the past two weeks), and then there's Kemoko Turay and Steve Longa. Our running game is really good too, or it was least with Carroo as a threat to go insane every play.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

If Penn State had an average or better offense, it probably wouldn't be much of a game, but anything can happen.

I'm going to end up missing the entire game. I'm flying to Sicily for a conference, and my flight leaves at 6:30 PM, so I'm going to be in complete radio silence the entire time. I've had to miss parts or most of Penn State games in the past, at weddings or parties, but at least I could check the score. I'm trying to figure out how I might watch the game when I arrive without wading through spoilers. I think I can watch a re-run on BTN2Go. It would be nice if there was wifi on the plane, but I'm pretty sure there won't be.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Kim Jong Il posted:

And Penn State is a touchdown favorite and growing.

Congratulations Kyle Flood, well on your way to being the first coach fired in season this year.

It was.

Darius Hamilton is AWESOME (and has been hurt the past two weeks), and then there's Kemoko Turay and Steve Longa. Our running game is really good too, or it was least with Carroo as a threat to go insane every play.

Technically, wouldn't he be second.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Technically, wouldn't he be second.

Beckman was fired right before the first game.

E: I guess it depends on whether you want to consider the practice week leading up to the first game as "in season" or not.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

Beckman was fired right before the first game.

E: I guess it depends on whether you want to consider the practice week leading up to the first game as "in season" or not.

There was an FCS game in the books already!

:goonsay:

k3dj
Aug 21, 2015
as an sec fan im happy auburn pulled it off and teh razorbacks well can we just kick them out
as bama fan gently caress both of them roll tide

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This kind of stuff doesn't ever get old.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

k3dj posted:

as an sec fan im happy auburn pulled it off and teh razorbacks well can we just kick them out
as bama fan gently caress both of them roll tide

I'm glad of all the teams I don't like making GBS threads themselves

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

There's at least one thing on ESPN.com worth following, and it's the "Drawing Conclusions" from freelance artist Chris Morris. Theyr'e great and a lot of them have really good av potential

Week 2:

Week 1:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

There's at least one thing on ESPN.com worth following, and it's the "Drawing Conclusions" from freelance artist Chris Morris. Theyr'e great and a lot of them have really good av potential

Oh man, this right here...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

Yeah this is really perfect. I like this series and ESPN is trash but these are pretty cool.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Yeah that's about perfect

E: One of you jaded Vols fans needs that sad Smokey as an av

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Yoshifan823 posted:

There are 127 teams in the NCAA. In terms of offensive yards per game, Texas sits at 126th.

Texas is not going to win another game this year.

The reworked offense with Heard at QB and Norvell calling the plays actually looked halfway decent against Rice (I know, I know). The numbers were kept down because we scored on special teams and defense, which kept our offense off the field, and we also got some killer field position which meant points without a lot of yards. It was 42-14 when we pulled all our starters.

I predict we will beat bad teams and lose to good teams. Which are which is TBD.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 14, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Also of note:

Ivan Maisel posted:

Toledo’s victory at Arkansas coupled with Bowling Green’s rout at Maryland on Saturday give the MAC 24 wins over Power 5/Big East teams from 2010 to the present. The MAC has beaten eight different Big Ten programs. Northern Illinois takes a four-year streak of Power 5 victories into No. 1 Ohio State on Saturday. Maybe the Huskies extend the streak against Boston College a week later.

MACtion, bitch :radcat:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Connor Mitch separated his shoulder and will be out 4-6 weeks. Given that and his lackluster performance up until that point, it's very possible the Mitch era is over before it really began. Perry Orth will start against Georgia and I imagine Lorenzo Nunez will be getting plenty of snaps as well -- he's the most physically gifted QB we have and we burned his redshirt. He's incredibly raw, so I figure he'll mostly replace Pharoh Cooper as the Wildcat guy.

Last year we didn't get any of our young/backup quarterbacks snaps, which obviously was an issue. This year, they'll get all the snaps they could want and then some. Definitely a rebuilding season.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

As generally optimistic as I am about FSU, there's a really good chance we lose to Boston College this week on Friday, 8pm

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
This was probably my favorite part of the Clemson/App State game Saturday. Wayne Gallman absolutely demolished this dude on his way to the end zone:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Human Cow posted:

This was probably my favorite part of the Clemson/App State game Saturday. Wayne Gallman absolutely demolished this dude on his way to the end zone:

Thanks for capturing this. I let out a tremendous "OOHHHHH poo poo" when that happened.

Also why the gently caress is FSU/BC a Friday game? :psyduck:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

The Human Cow posted:

The icing on the cake would've been the defender getting ejected for targeting.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Can someone splice in Farmer Fran from the waterboy saying "He killed em!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Thanks for capturing this. I let out a tremendous "OOHHHHH poo poo" when that happened.

National TV. Saturday night is going to have Stanford/USC and Bama/Ole Miss in primetime. There's basically no way FSU/BC was ever going to get top billing over those two.

E: And Georgia Tech/ND gets the big afternoon slot.
E2: Might ahve been a saturday game if it was at FSU or Winston was still there, though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scarf posted:

gently caress if anyone knows why the ACC agreed to let ESPN force a game to Friday nights like half the season. It's loving stupid as hell, and deserving on a not P5 conference at best. VT/NCSU in Oct is a Friday game as well. Friday is for HS football keep your CFB away from it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Let's put cards on the table here: outside of FSU and Clemson, there's really nobody in the ACC that's going to garner much national attention, so their choices are likely either to play a game on Friday night and get national TV, or play in the Saturday Noon death slot on a regional carrier nobody's going to watch. Teams and schools are going to take the option of national TV 10 times out of 10.

Trust me, I'm a fan of a MAC team :v:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Last week I wrote a letter to Texas' President telling him to fire Steve Patterson and now there are reports coming out today that he's looking at doing just that, possibly before the end of the season. If it happens I'm just going to assume it's because I made a very compelling argument.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Here we go.

The Human Cow posted:

btw you don't have a gif of Watson catching that snap right in the dick, do you?

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 14, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

National TV. Saturday night is going to have Stanford/USC and Bama/Ole Miss in primetime. There's basically no way FSU/BC was ever going to get top billing over those two.

I assume that nation will actually be eagerly tuning into Big Ten Network to watch the shootout between Iowa and Pitt.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 14, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

I assume that nation will actually be eagerly tuning into Big Ten Network to watch the shootout between Iowa and Pitt.

Well poo poo, I know I will!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man, I almost, almost, feel bad for Pitt, losing both James Conner and Tyler Boyd right off the bat.

but not quite

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

man, I almost, almost, feel bad for Pitt, losing both James Conner and Tyler Boyd right off the bat.

but not quite

Is Boyd out? That'd help; that dude killed us last year. E: He is not, you jerk

For Iowa, sounds like Drew Ott and LeShaun Daniels will be out for that game, which really sucks since they're two of our 5 best players, probably. Ott dislocated his elbow when an ISU player fell on it, and Daniels did something to his ankle (again, he always has some foot or ankle issue :( ). Canzeri is a solid backup at RB, but we don't really have another power back on the roster unless we want to go the Wesiman route and start playing Adam Cox at tailback in short yardage (which I support completely). I know Pitt has some issues on the offensive side too with their QBs and trying to replace Connor, but it'd have been really nice to have our running game at full strength.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 14, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh, I just checked and I guess Boyd was just out for the first game of the season. Still, no James Conner is huge for them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

k3dj posted:

lets see how that fairs vs tcu

:negative:

I'm hoping the K-state defense holds up in Big XII play, but at that point that's still mostly just hope.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

oh, I just checked and I guess Boyd was just out for the first game of the season. Still, no James Conner is huge for them.

The dude they replaced him with was really good in their first game, which made me assume he was yet another in Pitt's inexplicable line of dominant tailbacks, but it looks like he came back to earth a bit against Akron.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

The dude they replaced him with was really good in their first game, which made me assume he was yet another in Pitt's inexplicable line of dominant tailbacks, but it looks like he came back to earth a bit against Akron.

that'll happen when the first game is against Youngstown State :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eastern Michigan winning on the road vs. Wyoming was their first non-conference road win in 27 years. :stare:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

that'll happen when the first game is against Youngstown State :v:

I am currently riding high from beating Illinois State and Iowa State so I am not going to judge, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Eastern Michigan winning on the road vs. Wyoming was their first non-conference road win in 27 years. :stare:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo go eagles

• Locked thread