Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Best carbine in the game, hands down

Most fun, too

Segmentation Fault posted:

the Razor GD-23 is the better carbine IMO simply because of how much reach it has while still kicking rear end

$NC_Carbine$ is a great gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
the cyclone is nc's best carbine just imo

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

the cyclone is nc's best carbine just imo

I can't use a cyclone with a 3.4 scope that well. AC-X11 takes it like a champ.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Denzine posted:

I bought the Cyclone for my Infiltrator and I love this game again.

It goes great on every class.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

$NC_Carbine$ is a great gun.

Yeah. I used to say that the only bad NC carbine was the Gauss Compact Burst but now that's not even true. NC Carbines represent the pinnacle of infantry weapon balance imo.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I'm having a good time with the Jaguar. Probably the best carbine in the game.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I am loving the poo poo out the Eclipse. Underbarrel shotgun + laser is the best (infinite ammo rules too). I was almost tempted to grind out the TRAC-Shot and Fortuna on my alts but I want a slice of the Betelgeuse pie.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 14, 2015

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

The final rank of utility pouch is really underwhelming. 3 prox mines seems nice, but I don't think it's literally thousands of certs nice. 5 tank mines is nutts butts though. Don't get the last rank guys.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ass_Burgerer posted:

The final rank of utility pouch is really underwhelming. 3 prox mines seems nice, but I don't think it's literally thousands of certs nice. 5 tank mines is nutts butts though. Don't get the last rank guys.

Max utility pouch is amazing.

Find the shortest path between Vanu and a Biolab.

AI mine the gently caress out of the bases.

Collect sperg tears.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
EMP grenades are still my favorite for annoying the Betelgeuse Wizards. I'm glad Battle Hardened exists just so they're not all running EMP shield.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
why cant all the playstyles coexist peacefully

furthermore, what are the best metrics for knowing if the other guy is a sperg or if i am the sperg?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Basically, class playtime/kdr would show infantry sperg, say kdr of 4 and 80% HA playtime. For vehicles, I guess engineer most played and lots of vehicle kills/high kdr. Determining this is not straightforward, especially now that DA stats are gone.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
if they are better than me, they are a sperg

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

Because there ain't no playstyle that Coexists with my Fury Bus. All shall burn.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

kalstrams posted:

Basically, class playtime/kdr would show infantry sperg, say kdr of 4 and 80% HA playtime. For vehicles, I guess engineer most played and lots of vehicle kills/high kdr. Determining this is not straightforward, especially now that DA stats are gone.

Why is the site gone? I haven't kept up with the news much at all.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what happened posted:

if they are better than me, they are a sperg hacker

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Artificer posted:

Says on their front page. Long story short, DA was hosted on GoDaddy, which has hosed DA up good and proper by breaking the Database and then having an insane ticket system to get in contact with them.

It will be fixed in Planetside 2 tradition, in that they've promised to fix it but they probably won't bother for months and 2 years of data will be lost when they do. Everyone gets a character reset! Wheeeee!

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

^^^ It's like stats don't matter suddenly! Wheee!

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

furthermore, what are the best metrics for knowing if the other guy is a sperg or if i am the sperg?

Basically, if you see the glow of their HA-shield, they're a sperg and you should EMP them before you engage.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 15, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

If you receive ragetells, he's the sperg. If you send ragetells, you're the sperg.

Fans posted:

EMP grenades are still my favorite for annoying the Betelgeuse Wizards. I'm glad Battle Hardened exists just so they're not all running EMP shield.

I have thoroughly Orion'd many cocky Infiltrators thanks to EMP shield.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

The Cyclone is my favorite shotgun.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Artificer posted:

Simply put; :effort:

RIP MEGAHIGBYS.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Now I'll never know my *true* k/d with only sanctioned weapons. My HSR, quick I need to know my z-score! I'm going to be up all night knowing exactly how many standard deviations better I am than the average pubbie.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

This game is so goddamn boring without stats.

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

Arghy posted:

This game is so goddamn boring without stats.

Nobody enjoys just shooting mans anymore huh?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

This is the only stats website I need.

http://ps2.fisu.pw/directive/

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

GentleJudge posted:

Nobody enjoys just shooting mans anymore huh?

I finally got the last rank of stealth for my scythe and have been chewing people apart with hailstorm & coyotes. I've angered so many pilots.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sitchelin posted:

I finally got the last rank of stealth for my scythe and have been chewing people apart with hailstorm & coyotes. I've angered so many pilots.

Same but hornets and infantry

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Leal posted:

Same but hornets and infantry

God I love the hornets, remind me of the at4 from bad company 2. Its a shame they only reach to 400m away

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Enkmar posted:

God I love the hornets, remind me of the at4 from bad company 2. Its a shame they only reach to 400m away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2cFOx5NCWk
Daybreak should make NS AT4. :anime:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They did, its called the AV turret. Then they nerfed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9_0A8tVx4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

They must have nerfed it from being man portable launcher like AT4 is. :cheerdoge:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I don't know why but for 40 minutes tonight i had a 52% HSR with the NS-11c it was straight up hacking poo poo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arghy posted:

I don't know why but for 40 minutes tonight i had a 52% HSR with the NS-11c it was straight up hacking poo poo.
It's not really that hard to get on a lucky streak with a very accurate gun, especially given that HSR represents killing shots, not overall precision.

Edit: M'lady.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 15, 2015

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

The Frostbite engine's explosions are so god drat good.

Say what you will about :dice: but their FX department has to be the best in the biz at blowing poo poo up.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Thats what i don't get why did PS2 come out so loving badly compared? I assume thats a leading reticule WHY DON'T WE HAVE THOSE?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arghy posted:

Thats what i don't get why did PS2 come out so loving badly compared? I assume thats a leading reticule WHY DON'T WE HAVE THOSE?
That's not leading reticule, that's pointer for the missile - it's manually guided like AV turret. As for the graphics, I doubt if there would exist a PC that would comfortably run PS2 scale BC2.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Nookovian-Red posted:

Say what you will about :dice: but their FX department has to be the best in the biz at blowing poo poo up.
DICE is one of the main sponsors of the biggest pure demoscene party, Revision, where they recruit heavily, and where poo poo like this gets released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_lm0cZOkeA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNYOzwlVC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdlSWLqumw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8hSZGTXTx8

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

Holy gently caress, how have I not seen this before. These shots are actually blowing my mind. :psyboom:

CthulhuBill
Aug 17, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The AV turret is my favorite infantry sniping weapon by far. One shot kills almost all the time, and if you are farming spawns around the sunderer they eventually take an infiltrator and try to snipe you, but the missile almost always wins that fight if you are high up enough they can't get your head. Most people are so far away if they try to come after you they need to take a 6 minute detour and won't bother. I almost always get my streaks ended by a reaver or scythe shooting me from above.

It was a sad day when they nerfed the range and it made spot you. You could long range snipe almost endlessly with it before.

CthulhuBill fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

novaSphere posted:

Holy gently caress, how have I not seen this before. These shots are actually blowing my mind. :psyboom:

It's just incredible spacial awareness skills.

• Locked thread