Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why wouldn't you just cook the ramen? Like, that "hack" is to convert the pasta to mush, convert the mush back into pasta, then cook the pasta. What's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ramen with a glass of milk.

There loving life hacked.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

You can do some interesting things with ramen, but "gnocchi" does not seem like one of them.

I kind of want to eat that but I also want my heart to not explode

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

change my name posted:

David Chang makes both ramen and chicken sandwiches that I can't stop stuffing in my mouth, but yeah, he has a lot of weird preoccupations with instant noodles/crappy cheeseburgers/ "garbage food". He hosted a Budweiser-sponsored burger contest, for god's sake.

I guess he loving loves ramen of all kinds, thinks the science of food is amazing, loved how how freeze dried ramen came to be, and prefers using it as a base for other food rather than eat it as-is (because normal instant ramen is awful)

I've seen him do crazy poo poo with both the noodles and the seasoning. The dude has too much time on his hands, but I would absolutely eat his garbage food

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
lifehack: put sriracha sauce in ramen #awesome #wow #lifehack

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MariusLecter posted:

lifehack: put sriracha sauce in the garbage #awesome #wow #lifehack

That's a good hack. You can save time and money by never buying any. wala

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Has anyone pointed out yet that gnocchi is made from potatoes? Reshaping a food doesn't turn it into another food.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

netally posted:

Has anyone pointed out yet that gnocchi is made from potatoes? Reshaping a food doesn't turn it into another food.

Also you could replace the first step with potatoes and actually be semi close to the desired end project.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

netally posted:

I just figured that nobody cares what is in the food, just what shape it is. Walla, I just turned ramen noodles into a steak!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

netally posted:

Potato gnocchi is only one kind. There are all-wheat gnocchi.

Ricotta gnocchi best gnocchi, though.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Crack an egg into your ramen and actually put some drat vegetables on it #lifehack

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
#wai #sugoi #inochihakku

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

rydiafan posted:

Why wouldn't you just cook the ramen?

Instant ramen's already cooked (fried in oil). All you're doing is rehydrating it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So next is someone going to put up that chart aimed at college kids that refuse to cook with real food showing all the different "real" food you could make with Ramen and some extra ingredients that would be no more expensive or difficult to buy real ingredients like pasta that's not re-hydrated?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

AlbieQuirky posted:

Potato gnocchi is only one kind. There are all-wheat gnocchi.

Ricotta gnocchi best gnocchi, though.

I didn't know that #brainhacked.

Cover all your food in ready made sauces from the jar and walla all your mush will taste the same.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actual life hack: I have no idea what the stuff in the goo sachet (as opposed to the powder sachet) is but throw it away and your lovely 39 cent noodles will taste slightly less naff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

netally posted:

Look at this gnocchi noob. Gnoob.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Today on Cracked is a photoplasty of "life hacks" that I'm pretty sure half the people involved are treating it seriously, and half are completely treating it like the dumb poo poo it is.

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1686_16-surprisingly-awesome-alternate-uses-ordinary-items/

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Choco1980 posted:

Today on Cracked is a photoplasty of "life hacks" that I'm pretty sure half the people involved are treating it seriously, and half are completely treating it like the dumb poo poo it is.

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1686_16-surprisingly-awesome-alternate-uses-ordinary-items/

"Put charcoal in your fridge to eliminate odours."

Or, you know, use something that's food-safe and found in all kitchens, like baking soda.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Mikl posted:

"Put charcoal in your fridge to eliminate odours."

Or, you know, use something that's food-safe and found in all kitchens, like baking soda.

Is... is charcoal not food safe? I need an answer. Time is of the essence.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Crust First posted:

Actual charcoal is safe.

It's probably not good to dump a bunch of chemically-treated charcoal BBQ briquettes into your fridge, but as long as you season them correctly when grilling then they are fine for their intended purpose.

My wife never lets them ash over because she "wants to cook over the fire" so every time she grills it tastes like charcoal starter and disappointment. Somehow she can't tell the difference.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Crust First posted:

It probably is? I'm honestly not sure. I know there's "food charcoal" or something like that for sale somewhere, but I don't know about actual grill charcoal briquettes, they could have stuff in them that's not safe for eating but is neutralised by fire.

Baking soda I'm sure is safe, and also easier to clean if you make a mess of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes, carbon is food safe.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

My wife never lets them ash over because she "wants to cook over the fire" so every time she grills it tastes like charcoal starter and disappointment. Somehow she can't tell the difference.

You poor dude. Maybe buy some cherry wood chunks and toss them on the coals for her?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Or just start using lump charcoal instead of briquettes. The difference is well worth it.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Choco1980 posted:

Hands smell funny?

Step 1: Wash your hands!
Step 2: Use a cleaning product on your hands!
The smell is gone!
Walla! Life hacked!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Choco1980 posted:

PYF Stupid Life Hacks: There will be sparks, but that is okay.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

Choco1980 posted:

PYF Stupid Life Hacks: Tired of shoving tampons in your ears?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

Or just start using lump charcoal instead of briquettes. The difference is well worth it.

Eh, good lump is too expensive and cheap lump is garbage. I can get a loving cord of cherry for like $200, that will last years of grilling. I realize that not everyone wants to deal with the vastly more work cooking over wood requires but really is the best. Someday I will be crazy enough to make my own charcoal.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Y'all need to switch to a cleaner-burning fuel for your barbecuing needs: propane! Taste the meat, not the heat!
#LifeHanks #KingOfTheGrill

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What? I thought this was bullshit, so I checked the three different jars of mustard in my fridge - none of them contain turmeric. Why would mustard have turmeric in it?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Tiggum posted:

What? I thought this was bullshit, so I checked the three different jars of mustard in my fridge - none of them contain turmeric. Why would mustard have turmeric in it?
Ordinary yellow mustard has it. It provides color and a unique flavoring.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These are all jokes, it's cracked, the comedy website.

e: Photoplasty is like the photoshop phriday SA has.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Turtlicious posted:

cracked, the comedy website.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

These are all jokes, it's cracked, the comedy website.

e: Photoplasty is like the photoshop phriday SA has.

Except in the past they've posted plenty of real lifehack 'photoplastys" and there are several real tips peppered into the mix, like the pencil eraser being a makeshift earring back. And they usually make some kinda comment in the intro when it's a gag theme. There's none here. Half the people are taking the piss on the list.

Speaking of charcoal, I dated a girl for a minute who had pika and would eat all kinds of chalk derivatives including charcoal. I kept thinking it'd kill her some day. Then again, hospitals often feed you charcoal when you eat something poisonous.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Speaking of charcoal, I dated a girl for a minute who had pika and would eat all kinds of chalk derivatives including charcoal. I kept thinking it'd kill her some day. Then again, hospitals often feed you charcoal when you eat something poisonous.

It's spelled pica. A girl who had pika would be much more adorable :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

drat, that would have made for a much more adorable story... :eng99:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tiggum posted:

I didn't realize gargling got rid of car odors. I learned today!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Heh. Lifehack - "just get some dry ice and..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Smell of old jars, a problem we need solved! There's got to BE A BETTER WAY.

I actually did a life hack this weekend. Someone dented my plastic bumper. I took it off and was gonna heat it up but didn't have a heat gun. So I boiled some water in a pot and rubbed the hot pot on it to bend it out. It worked pretty well!

darkhand has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Sep 15, 2015