Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

theyre pandering to millennials celebrating the anniversary of super mario brothers' release with a cheat code that was not in SMB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
piggy backing on super mario bros success with some windows 10 monkey cheese

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm sad that bacon narwhal isn't quite getting the same degree of attention as the dinosaur

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
remember that the personal computer is personal again

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the son, the dad, and the :nsa:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Chris Knight posted:

commodore deffo made controllers. first gen were exact 2600 replicas, second were their own design and kinda sucked

I still have a pair of first-gen commodore-branded joysticks in storage :stunned:

I should dig them bitches out and throw them on ebay. BAM vacation money.

we went through a LOT of joysticks back in the 2600/C64 era. Common complaint was that the stick was too long

one popular mod to the 2600 sticks - disassemble, remove the rubber cover and the plastic stick assembly. shorten the stick with a hacksaw. dip the cut end into a pan of gasoline until the plastic softened, then mash the tip into the shape of a flattened mushroom. wash the stick assembly with dish soap & water, allow to dry, reassemble.

(yes a bunch of ten-year olds came up with the design for the PS2 sticks before the PS2 existed. we should sue Sony.)

there was another favorite stick I had. it was red and black, short steel stick on top. the base was shaped to fit into the palm of your hand, and the lone button was on the bottom right next to your index finger. can't remember the name, but I think it was produced by a company that also made games for the C64 ?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
ahhhhhh

truth in advertising : that fucker never broke

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i'm the shaft switch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Dodoman posted:

i'm the shaft switch

mail me

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
posting on edge bc chome stopped rendering my banks website correctly and locks up on embedded youtube videos

its good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dislike button posted:

posting on edge bc chome stopped rendering my banks website correctly and locks up on embedded youtube videos

its good

edge is missing a lot of features from ie like tpls and it has some werid font rendering quriks.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
souinds like a Piece Of poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its definitely the second best browser after ie, but with some work it could be the best

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shaggar posted:

edge is missing a lot of features from ie like tpls and it has some werid font rendering quriks.

those font rendering quirks are called "anything to do with text on Windows"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
works fine in every other app

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sniep posted:

pixel art is "hard" so people cheat to get a "pixel art look" to cop the visual style but don't actually obey the rules of hte art form

like, where you sort a couple thousand photographs by dominant color hue and lightness and arrange them to form a bigger-picture image made up of smaller images? That's difficult and effort-consuming

so what do people do? Randomize the pictures, equalize and then overlay with the image to give the vague appearance of the former.

it's cheats to try and copy a look that you cant authentically do the artwork for.

Truman show poster was probably one of my favorite movie posters ever

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i unironically use edge when i'm on my desktop machine for games and vs/winphone related stuff

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
a glimpse into the home of Daniel Rubino, editor of windowscentral.com

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

a glimpse into the home of Daniel Rubino, editor of windowscentral.com

:jackbud:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Windows UX Guidelines: What Day Is It?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Windows: Which team has control over launch release this month?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Windows UX Guidelines: What Day Is It?

polishing the silverware on the titanic

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Thanks for reminding me

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

theultimo posted:

Thanks for reminding me

Btw WU on phones Is kinda...broken

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows mobile. never produced a profit. 7.6 billion dollar write off. buries the competition

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

theultimo posted:

Btw WU on phones Is kinda...broken

lol it's not updating!!!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

pram posted:

windows mobile. never produced a profit. 7.6 billion dollar write off. buries the competition

up up up!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

has Xbox made a profit yet in its life

1 billion dollar loss on Xbox original

1.1 billion cost due to rrod on 360

Xbox one outsold 3:1

why aren't they just doing enterprise cloud consulting yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PleasureKevin posted:

has Xbox made a profit yet in its life

1 billion dollar loss on Xbox original

1.1 billion cost due to rrod on 360

Xbox one outsold 3:1

why aren't they just doing enterprise cloud consulting yet

xbone lsot them $400 million in theh firist 8 months lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
also sit s ebeen cut down tot ridiculous rprices alreayd, and the hardware is somehow mroe expensive than the ps4s internals. lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

OK the "8-bit" t-rex annoyed me so much i wanted to prove how easy it was to do better

i have never made pixel art or animation before

also i don't like 8/16-bit era stuff, 32/64 bit was my poo poo and i don't play 2d games at all

this has a bunch of problems too but i did it in under and hour and well there you go

i think i skipped a frame for the right leg so he's limping sorry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
im the whitei pixiel that apepars 4 2 frameas

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yea i also didn't put the cat or left arm

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ididint think iti w as possible ot put in less efforot or make a woros eend result than whaht microsofot mad ebut here we are.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

but that could be said for all your posts

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

point is the pixel matrix is correct in that and lines up, whereas in the MS one it doesn't. i made it just how i explained before, using the photoshop pencil tool and scaling using nearest neighbour.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PleasureKevin posted:

point is the pixel matrix is correct in that and lines up, whereas in the MS one it doesn't. i made it just how i explained before, using the photoshop pencil tool and scaling using nearest neighbour.

jsutubecausueu r unemploeyed it doeosnt mean yu have to wast eur youyr time likek this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
              /
more like :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Stux posted:

jsutubecausueu r unemploeyed it doeosnt mean yu have to wast eur youyr time likek this

says the worst poster here by far

• Locked thread