Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
gifs for the gif god

heads for the weird doorway glitch... throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I have the weirdest technical issue that I can't figure out.

My voice chat receive volume keeps being set to 0 on every single load or every single new round. I mean, I fully expect my random team mates to say nothing/be idiots but it would be nice to be able to hear them to judge that for myself.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Away all Goats posted:

I have to agree. The scarcity of ammo in KF1 basically forced me to learn how to best line up shots so I could take out 3+ zeds at a time with one shotgun blast. I remember even having to crouch to get the perfect angle to also get those pesky crawlers, or waiting for them to jump so they would line up with the clots/gorefasts heads.

if you dont crouch to kill crawlers till shame on you

the 9mm can easily grab 2 in 2 shots

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Please change the demo level 5 perk to "Contact Explosion: All explosives detonate on contact." not just grenades, everything the demo has. RPG, M79, all of it. Thanks!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Psion posted:

Please change the demo level 5 perk to "Contact Explosion: All explosives detonate on contact." not just grenades, everything the demo has. RPG, M79, all of it. Thanks!

The only demo weapon that doesn't work like that is the C4, and I really don't want that to detonate on contact.

Or are you saying they should get rid of explosives not exploding when they're too close to you? Do you want to die? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just asking.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Azran posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmf_QN09Olk

I never realized you could do that in KF1.
Thanks for reminding me that they never fixed the no music bug on mountainpass

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Jesus Long games are unbalanced to the point of ridiculousness. Even in Hard, you'll get dual FPs twice in Wave 7, a steady stream of Scrakes past wave 6, and dual FPs and Scrakes at the start of Wave 10.

I'm guessing TWI broke something while adjusting Medium and never bothered to fix it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

closeted republican posted:

Jesus Long games are unbalanced to the point of ridiculousness. Even in Hard, you'll get dual FPs twice in Wave 7, a steady stream of Scrakes past wave 6, and dual FPs and Scrakes at the start of Wave 10.

I'm guessing TWI broke something while adjusting Medium and never bothered to fix it.
Actually, the wave setup changed a while ago and is actually my favorite thing in the game and the reason why i love 10 wave games so much more than 7 waves. Mostly because it highlights the part of the game where money and ammo is not an issue and you just get tons of insane poo poo thrown at you. gently caress having to use nothing but the 9mm headshots and the knife for 20 minutes in a 40 minute round.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 15, 2015

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Psion posted:

Also dosh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Medium games are for loving lame-o's

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Long games have been the king of games since KF1, yeah

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Or are you saying they should get rid of explosives not exploding when they're too close to you? Do you want to die? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just asking.

yes, this.

As funny as it is to bounce an RPG off a scrake's forehead, I want the ability to make that RPG explode no matter what. Two inches from the muzzle? I don't give a drat. Make it a risk:reward style choice - you will always get an explosion but if you're dumb it will explode on you. Demo explosive DR as you level up will let you do more crazy poo poo the closer you get to 25 also, and demo needs more +level bonuses or at least more utility out of the ones it has right now. It has fewer on levelup rewards than any other class, I believe? Like it has 3 and everyone else gets 4-6?

It also makes no sense to me that a dud somehow stuns a scrake or FP more than an explosion, or at least it seems that way. I mean sure a six-pound rocket going a couple hundred meters/sec bonking off your head will stun, sure, but a six-pound rocket exploding on your loving head at the same velocity will ALSO stun you and remove your head to boot :p

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I like the arming mechanic on the Demo's weapons. More than that I like how the Demo is a bit tricky to play and sucks against large zeds. I hated how the class trivialized KF1 especially at the lower difficulty levels.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Source your quotes.

also good username:post combo in this thread, you've been doing it very well.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I, too, like the arming mechanism for the demo. I just wish the demo had a better backup/trash clearer than the cluster pistol of MEH. Seiously, even a sawed of double-barrel with 12G frags would have been a breath of fresh air compared to the Demo's all single shot, all the time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

well then you can take the other perk at 5, I want all explosions all the time. I remind you it is the demolitionist class, not the bonk a dud round into someone's head class :colbert:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Psion posted:

Source your quotes.

also good username:post combo in this thread, you've been doing it very well.

A traditional Typical Pubbie would be complaining they can't kite Hans to a door full of C4 and instantly kill him :v:

I still think slicing the damage in half for the second C4 is bonkers though. Not just because of the damage itself, but because it makes multiple demos more afraid of loving eachother over if they try to use so much as a single C4 anywhere near each other.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Explode on contact dynamite is so good I keep forgetting that Demo has another perk at level 5.

How about the demo gets a level perk where it reduces fuse delay/minimum distance before detonation by 4% every level? Demo really needs more % points per level.

Section Z posted:

A traditional Typical Pubbie would be complaining they can't kite Hans to a door full of C4 and instantly kill him :v:

I still think slicing the damage in half for the second C4 is bonkers though. Not just because of the damage itself, but because it makes multiple demos more afraid of loving eachother over if they try to use so much as a single C4 anywhere near each other.

Yeah, Zenos Nuclear Explosion is a dumb setup. It would at least be better if each demo had their own C4 explosion counter so if two demos set off bombs at once they don't count against each other.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Demo should have bonus armor per level like the Medic does, and Firebug should have bonus HP per level like Commando does. There's no reason that they can't have two classes both get the same bonus, and having more than the baseline HP/Armor is basically required at higher difficulties. There's even sound reasoning for both of those: Self-damage from fire basically chews through armor instantly, making armor something a firebug will never have a lot of (until high levels when their self damage reduction is high enough to stop it), and explosion self damage is absorbed by armor extremely well, so having more armor makes the class a little less risky to explode everything around you with, encouraging the class to use its own weapons more. Also every demolitions expert needs a proper bomb suit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'd rather have it be a perk choice than a % per level just so you get to pick whether or not you want ALWAYS EXPLODE or the ability to bonk someone on the head with a dud. That choice isn't bad, as long as it's actually a choice!

demo could definitely use a reload speed per level % or something. Weight bonus every 5 levels, better base ammo count ... something.

e: or the post above me, that is good. Armor per level.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If you have a problem with Zeds getting up in your face, try pressing the G key. The demo is trash sweeper supreme, large zeds should always be a pain for them to deal with.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Any level 25 firebugs got opinions on the zed time perks? Is combustion the same thing as zed shrapnel, except guaranteed during zed time? Scorch looks pretty nice in the instance you're facing down a big baddie during zedtime so you basically get a few seconds of 3-4x (how much slowdown is zed time exactly?) damage output on them.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Typical Pubbie posted:

The demo is trash sweeper supreme, large zeds should always be a pain for them to deal with.

uuh noooooooo?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The main reason to go demolitions was to make fleshpounds disappear in a puff of smoke

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

and firebug, commando, and berserker all poo poo on demo's trash clearing ability

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Most of the time I lead the kill board as a demo. The only class that can keep up with me is a good commando. Firebugs are too busy microwaving large zeds to worry about trash. The berserk is a unique class, but it falls off in trash clearing towards the end. Again, because it's focused on large zeds.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Demo's class-specific XP bonus thing is blowing up Fleshpounds for a reason y'all, the perk is really good at doing that.

Scrakes have high explosion resistance which is why if you want to tango with one on your own you'll have to do the dud to the dome trick.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Metrohunter posted:

Any level 25 firebugs got opinions on the zed time perks? Is combustion the same thing as zed shrapnel, except guaranteed during zed time? Scorch looks pretty nice in the instance you're facing down a big baddie during zedtime so you basically get a few seconds of 3-4x (how much slowdown is zed time exactly?) damage output on them.

the one which makes things explode. Take that one. Zeds explode, lighting other zeds on fire, which then explode. It's great.

evidence:

e: typical pubbie what difficulty / game length do you play on

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 15, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Uh, all demo poo poo blowing up in your face is a really great way to die. Keep the arming distance. Thanks for reading.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Psion posted:

the ability to bonk someone on the head with a dud

Strictly speaking, they aren't duds. A dud is when something doesn't perform its proper function -- the built in arming distance on these types of munitions (which is a real thing) is doing its job perfectly well. I'm not trying to niggle about realism here, it's just that the weapons are supposed to do that, it isn't even some kind of invented pretend mechanic the game came up with. It serves a purpose, if you want to blow poo poo up right in your face that's what your TNT and C4 is for.

What pisses me off is when shots don't arm or go off because of invisible corpse hit detection issues in choke points you're trying to fire from. That poo poo gets me heated.

The class does absolutely need some work when it comes to perks, and maybe there should be a perk option to remove the arming distance and let you blow yourself right to hell with 900 RPG damage, but, the weapons function the way they're supposed to.

With the exception of C4. The halved damage 3 second cool down timer thing is bullshit.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
they should make siren scream resistance baseline or something that increases as you level up and replace it with a perk that makes RPG missiles just punch holes through things and keep going if they haven't armed yet, so that we can just shoot RPG missiles through clots to hit the FP behind them

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

President Ark posted:

makes RPG missiles just punch holes through things and keep going if they haven't armed yet, so that we can just shoot RPG missiles through clots to hit the FP behind them

Now you're talking my goddamn language

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

e: typical pubbie what difficulty / game length do you play on
i think the larger consideration here is that he's probably playing the game alone

it's easy to top a kill board when you're the only one on it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RiperSnifel posted:

the built in arming distance on these types of munitions (which is a real thing) is doing its job perfectly well

[...]

What pisses me off is when shots don't arm or go off because of invisible corpse hit detection issues in choke points you're trying to fire from. That poo poo gets me heated.

[...]

the weapons function the way they're supposed to.

one of these statements isn't like the rest

like I said, I think it'd be an interesting choice but it shouldn't be a required or guaranteed part of the class. Also I changed my mind, it should be called Captain Tupolev.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 15, 2015

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Psion posted:

one of these statements isn't like the rest

You're right, one of them is about corpse hit detection being buggy.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I don't like demo weapons needing time to arm, because as soon as anything gets close to you you're hosed. I'd quite happily take a tonne of self harm from splash damage over dying to a herd of crawlers/stalkers that suddenly dropped on me because I have to switch to my grenade pistol and hope that works, or alternatively waste several rockets thudding them impotently into each zed.

That said I have explode on contact grenades now so I guess I should try that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

I have to switch to my grenade pistol

I found your problem

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also please give demo the ability to det grenades with explosions like in kf1 tia

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

President Ark posted:

RPG missiles just punch holes through things and keep going if they haven't armed yet, so that we can just shoot RPG missiles through clots to hit the FP behind them

This would go a long way towards making the class more viable in tight maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Coolguye posted:

playing the game alone
Speaking of, I'm having this problem. The steam group that Dorkasaurus started is dead as a door nail and poking my head around in the CTS Mumble has been a dud too. Any other groups/chats you use to group up? Or is my problem just that there aren't a lot of euro goons playing this game?