Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

MisterDuck posted:

Are those the last three of the Season?

Sadly, yes. Looks like season 2 is just 10 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I'm not clicking that ridiculous link, ok? I've never heard of a webm file. If all of you say it's fine that's just what the russian trojans are making your account say.

lol the real joke is that this old man is rolling aorund SA without the bobbilljim plugin that auto embeds vines, tweets, soundcloud, gifvs and webms and more

old bag of bones full of green dust

https://github.com/bobbilljim/yuspos/blob/master/yuspos.user.js [spoiler[(Install tampermonkey for chrome)[/spoiler]

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Krinkle posted:

xyz ain't any country designation I ever heard of. They speak english in xyz?
lol, nice

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://s.swirl.xyz/f43adcf476.mp4

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 15, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mike N Eich posted:

Interesting shift this season in that Morty has become a bit more confident and less poo poo on by Rick, while Summer is the one suffering more from Rick's carelessness (Keep Summer Safe) and spite (being shamed by Tiny Rick at school). There's some Venture Brothers type mini-growth going on there.

Anyway that's all the thinking I'm gonna put into a show designed by a couple giant nerd men.
One thing I noted was that until Summer got him expelled and he turned on her, Tiny Rick peppered Summer with compliments throughout the episode. Old Rick appreciated that she was looking after him and chastised Morty, too.

(also, the Morty "poo poo together" rant was fantastic.)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGL-buZ94Y

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhHMFA8LMDo

"Listen to it Tiny Rick, listen to Elliot Smith."

"No!"

"Feel what he's feeling."

"Noooo! God! Oh, god. What is life? How could someone so talented die so young? What is being young? I'm not young, I'm old! I'm gonna die, my body isn't real! Morty! Summer! It's me, it's Rick! Regular Rick!"

"Rick! How do we get you back into your body!"

"Okay listen carefully. There's a set of dials on the vat's control panel. A blue one and a red one. Oh god, what kinda world is this, I didn't ask to be born, I need you to connect the blue one to my left temple, and the red one to why doesn't anyone really like me?"

"Focus Grandpa!"

"Just put the stupid wires on my head I hate being a teenager!"

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 15, 2015

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this show must end with Mr. Meeseeks putting down a helmet labelled "Roy 3 : Morty"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/643903614289707008

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

drat, some vintage meme there

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is that a female Rick clone or is that just the hair playing tricks? :stare:

I also love the fact that the Elliot Smith song that Summer plays for Rick ("Between the Bars") is a song about alcoholism. :allears:

"Drink up baby, look at the stars"

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 15, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

johntfs posted:

Jessica is becoming more interesting to me. I think her getting closer to Morty had little to do with "Tiny Rick" playing wingman.

Sorry if anything like this has ever been mentioned in any commentaries/pod-casts/con appearances, but have there been any hints that Rick, despite how much he dislikes Jerry, purposefully fixed Beth up with him so they'd make kids capable of producing "Morty Waves," and keeps them together in case Morty ever gets killed and he needs a new human cloaking device? Maybe that compounds with generations provided the other parent has the right genetic qualities.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Someone said something about wanting this. All I could think of was to pan, and that requires really carefully controlling the palette. edit...crap, just noticed some pixels that kind of stick out as not belonging.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Deep Hurting posted:

Sorry if anything like this has ever been mentioned in any commentaries/pod-casts/con appearances, but have there been any hints that Rick, despite how much he dislikes Jerry, purposefully fixed Beth up with him so they'd make kids capable of producing "Morty Waves," and keeps them together in case Morty ever gets killed and he needs a new human cloaking device? Maybe that compounds with generations provided the other parent has the right genetic qualities.

Rickgenics, beyotch!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

edit: fuckin' optimization wizard.

That's better. 85k...I bet I could get it to 50 if I wanted to keep at it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 16, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

This may have already been explained, but is that a dubstep gun on the wall?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brightman posted:

Sadly, yes. Looks like season 2 is just 10 episodes.

I will take high quality / less episodes over stretched thin / more episodes any day of the week.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Blazing Ownager posted:

I will take high quality / less episodes over stretched thin / more episodes any day of the week.

I agree with this post.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I tried watching venture brothers and couldn't get into it, does it have a weak pilot but gets better?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I tried watching venture brothers and couldn't get into it, does it have a weak pilot but gets better?

A bit, yeah. The last time I went back to watch the first episode, I was struck by the difference in how it felt to me. The characters are a bit off from what their "real" personalities turn out to be. It gets very good very quickly, though.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Very much so.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

If you watched the actual pilot then it's nothing like the show, but the first episode isn't the best either. I think the Tag Sale episode is the general fan consensus for best introduction episode but a lot of the later episodes on the first season are also great. Ghosts of the Sargasso is probably the runner-up choice for an introduction.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Just to repeat, yeah the pilot is very rough and not really a indicator of the show (apart from Brock being a badass, they still have that)

And drat beat me to it, I recommend Tag Sale or the Ghost because those are two really good ones. I feel Tag Sale is the best introduction because you have all these villains shopping around in a garage sale and nobody is panicking that much. It really puts the premise of the show that being a good guy/bad guy isn't really that big of a difference.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

My favorite part of the episode

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a quick background shot of a muscle Jerry butt-loving a slug Jerry. Or rather, alluding to it.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Deep Hurting posted:

We've seen that Rick kept clones of himself in the garage. Presumably there's a stash of cloned Mortys somewhere.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

johntfs posted:

We've seen that Rick kept clones of himself in the garage. Presumably there's a stash of cloned Mortys somewhere.

That was an extra sentence I originally considered including at the end of that post. :)

I suppose he could also just kidnap a Morty from another reality, in a pinch.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

johntfs posted:

Why would he need morty clones? He's got a coupon for a free replacement morty!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Beth - "I'm the reason our children are only half stupid".

That answers the question about Summer and Morty's intelligence.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Krinkle posted:

and if not, well , I'm sure there's a Rick that can hook C-137 up with a Black Morkyt subsitute

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Gromit posted:

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a quick background shot of a muscle Jerry butt-loving a slug Jerry. Or rather, alluding to it.

They're earthworms.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Say Nothing posted:

Beth - "I'm the reason our children are only half stupid".

That answers the question about Summer and Morty's intelligence.

Eh, just because Beth uses their children's intelligence as ammunition to hurt Jerry doesn't mean it's true.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hey thanks whoever (edit: Inkspot) isolated SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT for a notification tone a while back. Can't wait to give that a whirl tomorrow.

Any chance someone could pull this, or at least GOOD JOB?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 16, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gromit posted:

Nobody cares about your fetish.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

They're e-arthworms.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Krinkle posted:

Instead of the Gold Standard, the Council of Ricks uses the Morty Standard.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
There's should be an infinite number of extra Mortys around, what with Rick doing all kinds of poo poo that could get him, and in alternate universes did get him, killed. The only source of scarcity for Mortys is that you'd have to identify the Rickless Mortys and go get them.

I suppose if portal use were free, gold wouldn't have been valuable enough for a Rick to pocket it. Nothing would be.

I guess a Morty-based economy makes sense.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

VideoTapir posted:

The only source of scarcity for Mortys is that you'd have to identify the Rickless Mortys and go get them.

There were dozens and dozens of Rickless Mortys after Evil Morty's scheme fell apart, probably glutted the Morty market.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were dozens and dozens of Rickless Mortys after Evil Morty's scheme fell apart, probably glutted the Morty market.

It was Evil Morty's plan all along. The Council of Ricks came up with a currency that's immune to inflation, and only Evil Morty was smart enough to hyperinflate it. Between their currency becoming devalued and countless other evil plots, Evil Morty will disband the Council of Ricks, then form a "Council of Mortys" which he then kills in order to do...something.

That's dumb. Don't do it, Roiland.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Frostwerks posted:

Nobody cares about your fetish.

We're talking about Roiland and Harmon, remember.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Hazo posted:

Hey thanks whoever (edit: Inkspot) isolated SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT for a notification tone a while back. Can't wait to give that a whirl tomorrow.

I must have missed that link. Can you please repost it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Rick and Morty commentaries are really good.

• Locked thread