Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Does Obama buy his jeans from Michael Jordan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

DNC officials have flipped the switch from "anonymous grousing" to "open revolt" against Debbie Wasserman-Schulz's leadership at the DNC and handling of the primary.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2015/09/11/top-mass-democrat-compares-dnc-dictatorship/fbfonfjnDLQzhh3G2TdJvJ/story.html
Where have these people been the last few years? She suffered no consequences for the awful coordination during the midterms. There was no coherent message on a national scale for why people should go to the polls and vote for Dems even when they had a pretty decent list of accomplishments to tout.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

Frankly, I think the debate schedule is fine, but it's being used to attack Hillary Clinton as the establishment candidate so I'm cool with that. Also, it originates from O'Malley and he's the one doing most of the complaining, so it's like a proxy attack for Bernie.

It's upsetting to me because it prevents messaging from getting out. Right now it's TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP in the media, and by having some earlier debates, it might get people talking more about liberal issues that I care about. I'm not going to start claiming that it's a blatant rigging for Hillary, because I think the reason it was scheduled as such is because no one in the DNC had any idea that the RNC race would be this manic. But they've had three or four months of watching this poo poo happen now, and I would have expected them to say "Hey, maybe we need to have some more public discussion of OUR positions."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Where have these people been the last few years? She suffered no consequences for the awful coordination during the midterms. There was no coherent message on a national scale for why people should go to the polls and vote for Dems even when they had a pretty decent list of accomplishments to tout.

Pretty much this. The DNC strategy of the past 10 years has not been active leadership and good policy, but rather "Hunker down and hope the Right shoots itself in the foot." And to be fair, that often happens, but it's a poor long-term strategy.

Weltlich fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 16, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm actually starting to think that Bernie's groundswell support from the grassroots is also serving as a signal to various Democratic part apparatchiks that perhaps the political climate is such that they can get away with bucking the powers-that-be. DWS is pretty commonly regarded as being firmly within Hillaryland, IIRC; it would make sense that any perceived shakiness from Hillary would extend to shakiness for DWS as well, so people that might have stayed silent after the midterms might feel emboldened enough to speak up now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Webguy posted:

Sorry Jindal, Colbert already got the last available late night gig so you can't have that or be president.

He could replace Larry Wilmore. Jindal at least has better ratings than him.

Also I don't care what anyone says, lumping Cruz in alongside Busey and Kanye West is a great line.

Baloogan posted:

lol @ anyone who thinks that there is a chance its not gonna be hillary. her cronies infest the DNC.
We know it's Hillary, the question is how much of Bernies rhetoric and ideas she'll adopt, and the more debates the more she gets pushed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm just saying, usually when a party loses Congress the head of that party tends to lose their job. We really don't want her as chair during the general, especially.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm just saying, usually when a party loses Congress the head of that party tends to lose their job. We really don't want her as chair during the general, especially.

Is there a mechanism to kick her out before we get deep into the 2016 season, or do we just go with this dumpster fire and then shockingly say "what could we have done???" in January 2017?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FlamingLiberal posted:

And yet Reince Priebus still heads the RNC. It's like there's a fundamental lack of accountability in our political system.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You can't fire what you can't catch, and any time someone gets close enough to Prince Riebus to stop him he rides his lucky rainbow to the next gop convention

T'was bad luck to appoint one of the magic races to office

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Toyota Priebus

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Venom Snake posted:

Your not actually really far off from the ideas the Navy has been considering for deploying a ship which's function would be using railguns (rather than just being a traditional missile/small gun platform with railguns add on afterward). The biggest issue is generating all the power and storing it in large enough quantifies for the railguns to use an a battleship sized ship would be able to do that. Of course it would basically be a glorified gun platform and a huge target, but being able to fire insanely accurate projectiles at speeds that clown out missiles (thus giving less reaction time) is cool.
Some kind of a... Metal Gear?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nessus posted:

"Yes, Clinton believed she had the inferior genes all along....President Vermin."

Revolver Ochafee dusts off his hand against his new ruler hook, a small price to pay for ensuring a future America free of imperial units.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 16, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Bernie cuts Hillary's national lead in half in month... no big deal.

Also lol at O'Malley behind Webb and Chafee

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clintons-lead-over-bernie-sanders-cut-by-half-in-national-poll/

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The group that Trump was supposedly raising money tonight for is actually just one guy who runs PACs from a PO Box in South Dakota that only had $30 to its name before this. It just calls itself a Veterans Group.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nessus posted:

Generally those were characterized by walking.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Neeksy posted:

The group that Trump was supposedly raising money tonight for is actually just one guy who runs PACs from a PO Box in South Dakota that only had $30 to its name before this. It just calls itself a Veterans Group.

That's My Trump!

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Neeksy posted:

:stare: Source?

edit: nvm here's something on it

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Sorry, I was phone posting and couldn't grab the link. Thanks!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nessus posted:

Well, Arsenal Gear was actually almost a real thing!

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
And this is our actual political system for 350+ million people? Balls. I should start a PAC.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

He could replace Larry Wilmore. Jindal at least has better ratings than him.

Is his show bad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is there a mandated minimum ratio of administrative to activity expenses or can I just make a token ad in a nobody market while being a black hole for idiot money?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

Is there a mandated minimum ratio of administrative to activity expenses or can I just make a token ad in a nobody market while being a black hole for idiot money?

Walk with a sandwich board once a day in some small town's Main St. Call yourself Main St. PAC. :homebrew:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Walk with a sandwich board once a day in some small town's Main St. Call yourself Main St. PAC. :homebrew:

I imagine the GOP playbook for this PAC diverges from Die Hard 3 when I need to play with water jugs in a fountain?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

I imagine the GOP playbook for this PAC diverges from Die Hard 3 when I need to play with water jugs in a fountain?

Well, you'd be sending an intern to walk the sandwich-board, leaving you all day to (a) solicit money and (b) think of ways to spend the money.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Neeksy posted:

Sorry, I was phone posting and couldn't grab the link. Thanks!

It'll be fun watching this somehow help Trump in the polls.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ugh only 18 minutes of it are Trump

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FAUXTON posted:

I don't think you're even required to make the token ad, though if you want to do a major grift as opposed to just tricking a few boobs into donating to you instead of a similarly named god-guns-grits PAC you would need to plow some small fraction of it into public events.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Quote of the day: "A lot of politicians have said 'uauaaeeeh, Mexico's never gonna pay for it.' Well they've never read The Art of the Deal."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not really. Steele won his party the House in 2010, and they shitcanned him.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
2016 Presidential Primary: A lot of politicians have said uauaaeeeh

2016 Presidential Primary: uauaaeeeh

2016 Presidential Puauaaeeeh

2016: uauaaeeeh

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chantilly Say posted:

2016: Truauaaeeehmp

Truauaaeeehmp

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Chantilly Say posted:

2016 Presidential Primary: A lot of politicians have said uauaaeeeh

2016 Presidential Primary: uauaaeeeh

2016 Presidential Puauaaeeeh

2016: uauaaeeeh

uauaaeeeh, bing-bing-bing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The Thing with the Combover, by DJ Trumpcraft.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I can't wait until he starts campaigning in Wisconsin so I can see a Trump Duck. Because you drat well know he'd hire one of those abominations and paint it all up with his name.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
And uauaaeeeh will always love youuuuuu

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
2016 Presidential Primary: I'd gently caress me

Senf
Nov 12, 2006