Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Yeah goons, stop putting in effort to try to provide original, funny content directly related to the thread topic. Just complain instead like super cool forums poster Neo_Crimson.

Shrimp and scallops :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

OutsideAngel posted:

These fast food "trip reports" just lack any sort of novelty or interest. Eating two pieces of lovely fried chicken plus some cheese food and bacon and yellow sauce is something I see people do every day.

Gimme a trip report where you prepare and consume some horrible aspics, like these bastards, and I'll be interested.

Problem is that cash crab did one, and we got half a page of praise that followed, so there will be more.

It's too hyperbolic to be funny, so it comes across as the writer just being sort of pathetic. Cheaply made food sure is gross, but we're not talking about poison here.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah, let's get some actual abominations in here. Like following a simply sara recipe, now that would warrant the spontaneous sterilization (or diabetes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Son of cash crab
Jul 22, 2015

I should have quoted the post I was responding to. It would have helped put what I was trying to say in context. I'm not criticizing the hyperbolic trip reports. Cash crab said she had a dull pain near her ovaries after eating that greasy chicken mess and the other guy had his leg fall asleep after eating a bowl of gross slop. And I was thinking, yeah you're going to feel bad after eating that poo poo. I tried one of those Diablo hamburgers from Carl's a few months ago and while it tasted ok and was made from ingredients that people eat everyday, it upset my stomach and made me feel lethargic for the next four hours. If you can eat this stuff on a regular basis and not get horrible heartburn then I guess you've got a stronger constitution than I do.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tiggum posted:

So, none? Because if eating that causes you cramps, gastrointestinal distress, whatever other bullshit people claim fast food does to them, you are actually suffering from a serious medical issue. That food that ordinary people eat every day didn't do that to you.

I have actual digestive problems, and even I would be able to knock out a Famous Bowl without issue.

I actually want to try. I like fast food. Maybe this EXPLAINS the digestive problems. Or maybe just cuz I'm Scottish :scotland:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

No one is suicidal enough to make a Simply Sara recipe.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Sodium Chloride posted:

No one is suicidal enough to make a Simply Sara recipe.

We're goons. There's someone among us weak and suicidal enough to do it.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Goons getting mad about people making fun of their regular diet foods ITT.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

What was the pasta salad calorie count? It's been years, but that feels like something that someone would remember.

Also :scotland: fast food crew

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

zandert33 posted:

It's too hyperbolic to be funny, so it comes across as the writer just being sort of pathetic.

This is what I meant. Trip reports are fine, but people make it seem like it's some harrowing experience complete with fancy prose describing it all. Just tone it down a notch, it sounds really overwrought and pretentious.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

This is what I meant. Trip reports are fine, but people make it seem like it's some harrowing experience complete with fancy prose describing it all. Just tone it down a notch, it sounds really overwrought and pretentious.

It's a style of humor and you either don't like it or don't get it. It's okay though. It's okay.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you find these trip reports funny, god's sake, listen to some loving jokes at some point in your life

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

i ate at mcdonalds once and my flesh started to slough off, my arms reduced to a mess of meat and bone just from holding that fetid "burger" in my hand

and then i literally died

BallsFalls
Oct 18, 2013

FlyinPingu posted:

i ate at mcdonalds once and my flesh started to slough off, my arms reduced to a mess of meat and bone just from holding that fetid "burger" in my hand

and then i literally died

:rip:

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I went to McDonald's and got a burger. It looked smashed as hell, but it tasted alright. Fries were a little salty.

Welp that's my new improved trip report for whiny thread babies, hope you liked it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Neo_Crimson posted:

If you take dumb joke posts this seriously, you might not be cut out for PYF.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Crust First posted:

I went to McDonald's and got a burger. It looked smashed as hell, but it tasted alright. Fries were a little salty.

Welp that's my new improved trip report for whiny thread babies, hope you liked it.

The last time I went to a mcdonalds a woman sauntered in, kicked the door to the men's washroom and screamed "I'M HUNGRY, WHO WANTS THEIR DICK SUCKED?!" The cashier couldn't leave his post and do anything about it because a homeless man was at the counter begging him to suck his dick out back inbetween calling him a "loving human being."

Burger sucked but I couldn't blame the guy for it.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Some people just have to be pedantic fuckers.

BRB, gas station microwave burrito trip report in the style of the Revelations of St. John the Apostle as translated by Charles Dickens and Michael Bay in the works.

e. Or J.R.R. Tolkien and Laurell K. Hamilton, or Hunter S. Thompson and a small collection of Norwegian power metal songwriters. I haven't made my mind up yet.

rndmnmbr has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Sep 16, 2015

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

With enough practice those trip reports will be written in an engaging manner and people will stop bitching

rndmnmbr posted:

BRB, gas station microwave burrito trip report in the style of the Revelations of St. John the Apostle

This would probably be pretty good fyi

DJ Fuckboy Supreme has a new favorite as of 20:30 on Sep 16, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Neo_Crimson posted:

Why don't you post some content then.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

And when I opened the seal on the green chile and bean burrito with "New Fresh Flavor!", the voice of the fourth beast did say "Come and see!" And I looked, and beheld a white tortilla, and he who sat on the tortilla was named Gastrointestinal Discomfort, and diarrhea followed after. And power was given unto it over the fourth part of my bowels, to kill with flatulence, and gall-bladder discomfort, and anal leakage, and fire from my hole. And lo, there was thunder made upon my throne, and a earthquake followed, and a third of the bowl became browned as a sackcloth of hair, and my anus leaked blood.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

rndmnmbr posted:

And when I opened the seal on the green chile and bean burrito with "New Fresh Flavor!", the voice of the fourth beast did say "Come and see!" And I looked, and beheld a white tortilla, and he who sat on the tortilla was named Gastrointestinal Discomfort, and diarrhea followed after. And power was given unto it over the fourth part of my bowels, to kill with flatulence, and gall-bladder discomfort, and anal leakage, and fire from my hole. And lo, there was thunder made upon my throne, and a earthquake followed, and a third of the bowl became browned as a sackcloth of hair, and my anus leaked blood.

:golfclap:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

rndmnmbr posted:

Amazing, amazing

More please

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure it's been posted before in this mess of a thread, but I just randomly thought of these old videos and figured they should be posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIu3FHvmHh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4

It's somebody following some Sandra Lee recipes to the letter and explaining why they're stupid

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh my goodness I miss Sandra Lee. I think there used to be a thread dedicated entirely to her here in PYF.

I used to get really drunk and watch her videos for hours on end. It's like I was there in her kitchen with her, drinking all-liquor cocktail after all-liquor cocktail. :allears:

fake edit: "aquorium"

real edit: no bake love cake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOSAgsfeppU

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Sep 16, 2015

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason I was watching the Simply Sara videos a few weeks ago. Apparently she took like a year off for health problems. I can only assume it was a minor heart attack or diabetes.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Wanamingo posted:

I'm sure it's been posted before in this mess of a thread, but I just randomly thought of these old videos and figured they should be posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIu3FHvmHh0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtvaX5rNEA4

It's somebody following some Sandra Lee recipes to the letter and explaining why they're stupid

In a similar vein, Eater has started a series of Real Chefs Cook Dumb Recipes:

Hugh Acheson Made Nachos From Kris Jenner's Cookbook So You Don't Have To
Hugh Acheson Takes a Fantastic Voyage, Cooks Coolio's 'Pimp My Shrimp'
The Trump Family's Strawberry Dumplings Recipe Made by Real Chef Ilan Hall

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
http://www.amazon.com/Spam-Teriyaki-Flavored-12oz-Pack/dp/B00JDWVQX6/ref=sr_1_1?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1442436225&sr=8-1&keywords=teriyaki+spam
description in url

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
TBH, ,my leg was really numb. Probably because I was sitting on a rock, and had it tucked under me.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Plinkey posted:

For some reason I was watching the Simply Sara videos a few weeks ago. Apparently she took like a year off for health problems. I can only assume it was a minor heart attack or diabetes.

Pneumonia. She had to be put on one of those weird inverted rotating beds so she didn't drown on her own fluids. Surely it had nothing to do with her weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxTbPhmTL0

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

It's...not terrible.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

"If you're ever going to memorialise someone who was brutally murdered, I think it's through their nachos"

Amazing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

rndmnmbr posted:

:master:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

rndmnmbr posted:

Some people just have to be pedantic fuckers.

BRB, gas station microwave burrito trip report in the style of the Revelations of St. John the Apostle as translated by Charles Dickens and Michael Bay in the works.

e. Or J.R.R. Tolkien and Laurell K. Hamilton, or Hunter S. Thompson and a small collection of Norwegian power metal songwriters. I haven't made my mind up yet.

Here I was, just reading this thread and chuckling or grimacing now and again like any goon... but.

Really? Of all the threads I would have imagined, I would have never thought it would be this one to mention that disgusting creature... I mean, Laurell K. Hamilton??? Are you ready for this poo poo? Are you ready for 200+ pages of how she hosed that slutty were-burrito and how it loved how she ate it bite by gory bite and eventually begged her to eat it forever while no actual plot happens and then WHOA HELLO the book is already over? Stay tuned for the next installation of how she magically fucks the were-burritos' brother, the were-burger!!!

Trap sprung. I don't even give a gently caress because that woman is poo poo, she is a shittastic author and everyone should loving know. She is the personification of the worst food item of this thread. Shiny corn-laden slop wife material, gonna raise some dead guys to serve the appetizers, then gently caress everything in range, nothing is safe, not even the garnish.

Especially not the garnish, it would submissively beg her to gently caress and cuck it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

"If you're ever going to memorialise someone who was brutally murdered, I think it's through their nachos"

Amazing.

No love for "The other glove is in the driveway"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

empty sea posted:

Here I was, just reading this thread and chuckling or grimacing now and again like any goon... but.

Really? Of all the threads I would have imagined, I would have never thought it would be this one to mention that disgusting creature... I mean, Laurell K. Hamilton??? Are you ready for this poo poo? Are you ready for 200+ pages of how she hosed that slutty were-burrito and how it loved how she ate it bite by gory bite and eventually begged her to eat it forever while no actual plot happens and then WHOA HELLO the book is already over? Stay tuned for the next installation of how she magically fucks the were-burritos' brother, the were-burger!!!

Trap sprung. I don't even give a gently caress because that woman is poo poo, she is a shittastic author and everyone should loving know. She is the personification of the worst food item of this thread. Shiny corn-laden slop wife material, gonna raise some dead guys to serve the appetizers, then gently caress everything in range, nothing is safe, not even the garnish.

Especially not the garnish, it would submissively beg her to gently caress and cuck it.

Now we're talking.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

empty sea posted:

So beany, burrito, so beany and cheesy... (A food based paraphrase of why I stopped the Anita Blake books (which were awesome when they first started)).

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
TRIP REPORT

Results: I made this and ate it and regret it

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

TRIP REPORT
Results: I made this and ate it and regret it

Probably 'cause of the olives, olives are gross

Adbot