Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

TRIP REPORT

Results: I made this and ate it and regret it

"And when I had opened the third sealed can, I heard the third beast say, "Come and see." And I beheld, and lo a green-sauced horse; and he that sat on him was named Walmart, and he carried a sign saying "Low Prices, Every Day" in his hand. Power was given to him that sat thereon to take the wages from the poor, and that they should work two jobs: and there was given unto him a great sword to slash prices. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, "A bag of petrochemical substitute cheez product for $2.50, what a great deal! Five-pound chubs of ammonia processed beef slime for fifteen bucks, man "beef" is expensive these days. El Monterey bean and cheese burritos aren't bad for lunch! And see thou hurt not the fruit and vegetable aisle."

rndmnmbr has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now THAT is a trip report

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Son of cash crab posted:

Nope. That bowl of slop is loving disgusting and if you regularly eat that poo poo you deserve all the discomfort that comes after. I'm not the healthiest person raccoon in this thread, but if that bowl of poo poo looks normal and everyday to you, you're going to die long before I do.

Cash crab your baby's food is touching and he's getting fussy.

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

TRIP REPORT

Did you also sneeze on it or something?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

empty sea posted:

Here I was, just reading this thread and chuckling or grimacing now and again like any goon... but.

Really? Of all the threads I would have imagined, I would have never thought it would be this one to mention that disgusting creature... I mean, Laurell K. Hamilton??? Are you ready for this poo poo? Are you ready for 200+ pages of how she hosed that slutty were-burrito and how it loved how she ate it bite by gory bite and eventually begged her to eat it forever while no actual plot happens and then WHOA HELLO the book is already over? Stay tuned for the next installation of how she magically fucks the were-burritos' brother, the were-burger!!!

Trap sprung. I don't even give a gently caress because that woman is poo poo, she is a shittastic author and everyone should loving know. She is the personification of the worst food item of this thread. Shiny corn-laden slop wife material, gonna raise some dead guys to serve the appetizers, then gently caress everything in range, nothing is safe, not even the garnish.

Especially not the garnish, it would submissively beg her to gently caress and cuck it.

:parrot: 10/10 :parrot:

Please more.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
congrats on your slime dinner RJWaters2.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RJWaters2 posted:

TRIP REPORT

Olives only go with red sauce :rolleyes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Olives don't go with anything except the garbage.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

You're in luck, that's pretty much where they went.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Son of cash crab
Jul 22, 2015

This thread is weird. Someone posts a picture of Kraft grated cheese and people are all "OMG how gross. I only used the finest of fresh artisan cheeses on my Chef Boyardee ravioli!!" And then someone posts a picture of a really disgusting, congealed gravy mess in a plastic bowl and people defend with "OMG that's just normal food all mixed together you big baby!" Goons are apparently very defensive about their lovely fast food.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
The language of psychoanalysis can of course explain this contradiction.

The ego: I can make better food than this "#wifematerial" person.
The superego: Good food ought to be made from good ingredients, viz. the ingredients that the Big Other have said are good.
The id: I would very much like to eat a lot of hot wings.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Son of cash crab posted:

This thread is weird. Someone posts a picture of Kraft grated cheese and people are all "OMG how gross. I only used the finest of fresh artisan cheeses on my Chef Boyardee ravioli!!" And then someone posts a picture of a really disgusting, congealed gravy mess in a plastic bowl and people defend with "OMG that's just normal food all mixed together you big baby!" Goons are apparently very defensive about their lovely fast food.

what the gently caress is a government cheese

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RareAcumen posted:

what the gently caress is a government cheese

The word is "cheese adjacent product"

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

rndmnmbr posted:

And when I opened the seal on the green chile and bean burrito with "New Fresh Flavor!", the voice of the fourth beast did say "Come and see!" And I looked, and beheld a white tortilla, and he who sat on the tortilla was named Gastrointestinal Discomfort, and diarrhea followed after. And power was given unto it over the fourth part of my bowels, to kill with flatulence, and gall-bladder discomfort, and anal leakage, and fire from my hole. And lo, there was thunder made upon my throne, and a earthquake followed, and a third of the bowl became browned as a sackcloth of hair, and my anus leaked blood.

lol

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control
"peanut butter and swiss on wheat"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

*Thumps fist on door* 'Bobby, you better not be in there using hyperboles! I tell you h'what we're a simile family and that's it!'

Uhn posted:

"peanut butter and swiss on wheat"

It looks like egg and sneeze!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

RJWaters2 posted:

If you let me come over I'll finish that off for you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

An amazing amount of wrongthink wrt to olives happening itt

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

NotAnArtist posted:

An amazing amount of wrongthink wrt to olives happening itt

Lots of picky eaters in this thread.

Although I do think the olives in that recipe needs to be shamed for being lovely pre-sliced ones.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Until I read this thread I thought 'government cheese' was a euphemism for welfare money.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

bunnyofdoom posted:

No love for "The other glove is in the driveway"

poo poo, I missed that. That's incredible. That man is the best/worst.

DekeThornton posted:

Lots of picky eaters in this thread.

Although I do think the olives in that recipe needs to be shamed for being lovely pre-sliced ones.

Pre-sliced jarred olives fall in the same category as lovely pre-sliced frozen onions and jarred garlic. It's wrong and bad.
Olives are delicious and I could eat them all day, but there's something just... Wrong about those pre-sliced little rubber salt wheels.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Wrong about those pre-sliced little rubber salt wheels.

What's wrong is that you've been told the lie that they are actual proper olives.

Now this on the other hand is proper delicious little salt wheels.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

open24hours posted:

Until I read this thread I thought 'government cheese' was a euphemism for welfare money.

Sort of. U.S. used to subsidize dairy production so much so they would give out cheese as food aid to families on welfare/assistance/food stamps.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_cheese

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I eat lovely canned black olives out of the can as a snack.

But I also enjoy really lovely food a lot. Pizza Lunchables? :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Son of cash crab posted:

yes its definitely the same people making both types of posts you're not a gibbering flipperbaby or anything good job champ

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

titties posted:

If you let me come over I'll finish that off for you.

To the olive haters: I only made half with olives because I myself hate olives on Mexican. Yeah that recipe constitutes Mexican.
For future reference this dish owns without ground beef and I eat it that way at least once a month because I'm cheap.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RJWaters2 posted:

Yeah that recipe constitutes Mexican.

No. No it doesn't. It constitutes an abomination.

Edit: But you're still a hero for eating it.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
But it says "Fiesta" right on the bag :confused:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RJWaters2 posted:

But it says "Fiesta" right on the bag :confused:

Where I work we have a poster up in one of the concessions showing a mountain of buttered popcorn declaring it a healthy snack. Words mean nothing.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

What do people mean when talking about "the food is touching", in the context of whiny eaters? Is the food touching them in bad places? Is the food evoking a heart-warming emotion?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Two different foods are touching each other on the plate and triggering OCD.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

bamhand posted:

There's this and there are people that get upset if different colored foods are on the same plate/near each other.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

bamhand posted:

VendaGoat posted:

There's this and there are people that get upset if different colored foods are on the same plate/near each other.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Such Fun posted:

What do people mean when talking about "the food is touching", in the context of whiny eaters? Is the food touching them in bad places? Is the food evoking a heart-warming emotion?

Some people say 'it's all going the same place anyway' in regards to it however I don't want collard green juices getting my cornbread soggy. If it's a dressing or juice of some kind, that's pretty much where I draw the line and say they need to be kept separate.

bamhand posted:

Some things should not mix.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

open24hours posted:

"I live in a van down by the river, eating welfare money"

Nope doesn't work. Non-SNL fan found.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
The talk of snacking on lovely canned olives reminds me of the existence of the FDA Defect Levels Handbook, which is indeed handy when you want to estimate how many maggots you ate with your canned mushrooms or what percentage of that processed apricot snack was probably actually ground up centipedes.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Quoth the toddler. See also: "There Is Something On My Rice" and "This Butter Is Spread The Wrong Direction".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RareAcumen posted:

• Locked thread